Owner of Well-Known Billy Ogden's Pas...

Owner of Well-Known Billy Ogden's Passes Away

There are 100 comments on the WGRZ Buffalo story from Sep 27, 2007, titled Owner of Well-Known Billy Ogden's Passes Away. In it, WGRZ Buffalo reports that:

The founder of Billy Ogden's restaurant has died. Andy DiVincenzo opened the well-known Buffalo restaurant in 1989.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGRZ Buffalo.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Sherry

Niagara Falls, NY

#1 Sep 28, 2007
You have reported that Billy Ogden's has closed its doors. Has anyone heard if any other restaurant will honor their gift certificates?
Diane

Flint, TX

#2 Oct 2, 2007
Did Billy Ogdens officially close? I've heard rumors to the effect....but nothing has been posted or on the news which I am surprised.
Bob

Dunkirk, NY

#3 Oct 2, 2007
Andy D passed away in 2004, not recently as this post leads all to believe. Everytime you drove by Billy Ogdens it was always crowded. Heard his wife was not a good businesswoman and ran the place into financial ruin
Buffalo

Harrisburg, PA

#4 Oct 11, 2007
Did Billy Odgens close down this year (2007)?
My favorite place to eat - who can tell me more

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#5 Oct 11, 2007
Quite the contrary... It was his brother that wasn't the businesman... Also the bartender (can't remember his name) attempted to keep it running, however it wasn't the same after Andy passed.
Bob wrote:
Andy D passed away in 2004, not recently as this post leads all to believe. Everytime you drove by Billy Ogdens it was always crowded. Heard his wife was not a good businesswoman and ran the place into financial ruin

Location hidden

#6 Oct 11, 2007
Yes, it did officially close... I know of nothing else. Sucks too, because the food was amazing! One of my faves!
Buffalo wrote:
Did Billy Odgens close down this year (2007)?
My favorite place to eat - who can tell me more
Bob

Dunkirk, NY

#7 Oct 11, 2007
Nicole J wrote:
Quite the contrary... It was his brother that wasn't the businesman... Also the bartender (can't remember his name) attempted to keep it running, however it wasn't the same after Andy passed.
<quoted text>
I stand corrected. Thanks

“youbeateverythin g youknowthat ”

Since: Apr 07

Buffalo, NY

#8 Oct 12, 2007
What is the attraction? the place is a dump..
obvious

New York, NY

#9 Oct 12, 2007
Gomer wrote:
It's obvious that you never ate there. The food was awesome!

“youbeateverythin g youknowthat ”

Since: Apr 07

Buffalo, NY

#10 Oct 13, 2007
obvious wrote:
<quoted text>
It's obvious that you never ate there. The food was awesome!
OOOO ok, too much booze, no food
Brian Duffy

Redford, MI

#11 Oct 20, 2007
Oh man, we went there tonight to use a gift certificate purchased on august 7 (07) and discovered it was closed.

Location hidden

#12 Oct 20, 2007
Heck, try to call Channel 2. You're in a boat with a lot of people... Apparently the closing was abrupt!
Brian Duffy wrote:
Oh man, we went there tonight to use a gift certificate purchased on august 7 (07) and discovered it was closed.
Jim from Lancaster

East Hampton, CT

#13 Oct 23, 2007
When the Lodge abruptly closed in Elma, we had g/c's from WGRZ..that we got refunds from... You
might want to try calling them..it doesn't hurt to try...I am going to call ...had 2 g/c's ...and I can't believe it is closed...thought at first it was going to be remodeled as one of the waitresses said the last time i was there ...
I'm gonna miss that pistachio nut porkchops the most !!
obvious

New York, NY

#15 Oct 23, 2007
To Jim from Lancaster, and whitey,..

Exactly my point! Not only was the food exceptional, but Andy had great character, and personality...He made his mark in life, and he will be missed.
Josephine

AOL

#17 Apr 27, 2008
Andy was a good guy. And always happy to make a meal/dish the way you wanted it. The blackboard was endless... a cool menu, to say the least.

Shame on those who just care about unused gift certificates and putting blame on who let the restaurant go.. Andy WAS the restaurant.

Billy Ogden's was one of Buffalo's best kept secrets. My sympathies to those he left behind.
another opinion

East Hampton, CT

#18 May 27, 2008
Josephine wrote:
Andy was a good guy. And always happy to make a meal/dish the way you wanted it. The blackboard was endless... a cool menu, to say the least.
Shame on those who just care about unused gift certificates and putting blame on who let the restaurant go.. Andy WAS the restaurant.
Billy Ogden's was one of Buffalo's best kept secrets. My sympathies to those he left behind.
Heard this place was going to reopen under a new Name...anyone else hear the same??
cptbfht

Lancaster, NY

#21 Jan 17, 2009
Gomer wrote:
you really are Gomer
cptbfht

Lancaster, NY

#22 Jan 17, 2009
you eally are a Gomer
Jay

AOL

#23 May 6, 2009
The owner eliie and don mismanaged the money and are not good buisness people thats why the restaurant failed. It was a great restaurant and its too bad its gone. If only knew management took over the place would be in business to this day!
Get Reel

Buffalo, NY

#24 May 6, 2009
Rich Fontana bought the place and is reopening it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buffalo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cuba's Vietnam War Involvement 1 hr The Reeel Hae Kneww 18
Priest not guilty of fellatio in Church 20 hr operation greylord 4
The holy time of Ramadan has started Fri Buck Rohde 12
is Nalina Shapiro fat? (Dec '12) Fri uncle buck 81
Chris Romanowski Empire Liquidators 1791 Fillmo... Jun 22 Brent 10
Ghetto assed names Jun 22 Sassyiam56 44
Wheres Ch.4's Nalina Shapiro ? (Dec '12) Jun 21 Kinky Fiebelkorn 19
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Buffalo Mortgages