WGRZ Daybreak - As Seen On TV; Helios Heater

Full story: WGRZ Buffalo

Today's test is about getting answers, and we are. But first, just what is this thing? Teresa and her girls, Abby and Lindsey are helping with the test.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 8 of8
angelwings

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2008

well my friend and i just bought one for our neck and back. My friend has had surgery and i am contemplating a cervical fusion at the moment. seemed expensive too me but friend said he used one before and it ws worth it. they told us they were $40.00 each for the one around your neck. I wish i saw this report before buying. I just came home to research on line lol should of done that before buying
angelwings

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 9, 2008

I searhed internet because sales person told me they got their product from china and found this interesting site http://www.nahpco.com/logo_printing.htmand
that 40.00 neck pad retails for $6.38/pad USA currancy. They have to buy about 1,000 pads at time buy i guess the profit is not too bad and there is leeway to barter. from my research these are sodium acertate heating pads. salt nd vinger type of solution with a stainless steel disc with a fissure.
caviar

Rochester, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 10, 2008

Judged:

Big tip off is once you buy it...NO RETURNS and I would venture to guess they have problems with leaks or just not heating as promised...as one on display was not working. They allow exchanges only.They take longer to heat then what you are told and don't stay heated as long as promised. Must wrap in towel when boiling...also not mentioned before purchase!! Here's my logical suggestion..ask to read their instruction info included AFTER purchase..then you decide if it's worth the trouble and cost. With all the other great microwavable heating products out there I don't know why I bought something that has to be boiled and wrapped in a towel after every use!!!!! If I had read instructions first and been told the truth about this products use I would NEVER had purchased it when offered a lower price. Hope this is helpful to others.
Parent

Lancaster, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2008

Judged:

these heaters are the worst things ever! I bought a neck one and they said it would last 2 hrs. It lasted about 1 hour until it got cold and hard! No wonder their policy is no-return. They are a waste of money and if you are thinking of buying one do not buy it. period
Drugged honey bunny

Lancaster, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 24, 2008

Judged:

damn honey bunny you getting all up in der... Oollalalal i want to buy one of dose thingies! BAM DA BAM BAM HEAT ME UP IN THE BED HONEY BUNNY BOY. CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR SOMEONE... BUMPDABUMP
Anna

Renton, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2010

The worst thing is that the owner of the company works illegaly:he has no contracts with his workers,he doesn't pay the sallary.He is the most awfull person I've ever met!
Dick in Buffalo

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2010

Seems that there are a lot of Whinners commenting on this product. I was given one as a gift and I think it works great. I especially like the double use feature. If you boil it you can use it for a couple of hours. If it gets to cool then you pinch the coin and you start the chemical reaction and you are good for a couple more hours. I also have one of those bed buddies that you heat in the microwave. It provides heat comparable to that However when that gets cold you have to get out of bed and reheat it as opposed to the helioheater which just requires that you pinch the coin and you are back in business.
Duane

Portland, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 3, 2013

I have 2 of the hand warmer size and use them when I need an instant portable heat source. As a NW scuba diver, fiserman, and hunter they work perfect. WAY better than hottie hands, especially after a 45 min dive in sub 40 degree water.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 8 of8
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

37 Users are viewing the Buffalo Forum right now

Search the Buffalo Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Has LIEF Been To Utica? 32 min Seriously 13
Did Nam Biker Vet Ever See Combat (Jan '10) 1 hr Life Coach 1,059
Neocon knows 1 hr Life Coach 3
Rapes in Allentown 1 hr Life Coach 2
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 2 hr PetVax 18,482
southeast works residential department 5 hr Really 2
Taste of Buffalo will have 10 shade zones 7 hr unknown 3
•••
•••