Lawsuit against Topix users who sland...

Lawsuit against Topix users who slander. Life coach, you should read.

Posted in the Buffalo Forum

First Prev
of 12
Next Last
Lynda

Zebulon, NC

#1 Oct 11, 2009
A Lawsuit is currently underway in Overton County related to the Slander being posted on the Topix website. During the past several months a number of people have been defamed due to Lies posted by anonymous people.
There will be a meeting at the Overton County Court House on the square in Livingston, TN, on December 7th at 2pm. Please bring a copy of the Slanderous comments related to you to this meeting when you attend.For more information on the Petition and Lawsuit Please contact Lynda Simmons. I will be able to assist you with the same thing in your state/town if need be.
Lynda

Zebulon, NC

#2 Oct 11, 2009
In NY we have a law on the books called "Unauthoriaed Use of a Computer". When a person accesses a computer, network or website without authorization, they have broken the law. Topix Terms of Service clearly states that no defamatory material be posted from registered or non registered users. If this TOS is violated then the poster does not have authorization to use that site qand therefor is guilty of Unauthorized Use of a Computer.
Life Coach

AOL

#3 Oct 11, 2009
Lynda wrote:
A Lawsuit is currently underway in Overton County related to the Slander being posted on the Topix website. During the past several months a number of people have been defamed due to Lies posted by anonymous people.
There will be a meeting at the Overton County Court House on the square in Livingston, TN, on December 7th at 2pm. Please bring a copy of the Slanderous comments related to you to this meeting when you attend.For more information on the Petition and Lawsuit Please contact Lynda Simmons. I will be able to assist you with the same thing in your state/town if need be.
There are many defenses one can use when accused of libel or slander. Among those:

!. Public Figure- If you say “Larry King is a pimp, a thief and liar”. Larry King is a public figure, so he would lose the lawsuit.

2. The Truth- If you say “Bernard Madoff is a thief and a liar”, the fact it is true, would be your defense.

3. No Harm Done- If you say “Life Coach lives in his mother’s basement”, there would really be no harm to my reputation from this statement

4. Statement Must Be Specific- If you say “There is 1n 18% chance that John Smith the volunteer firemen is not an arsonist”, you did not actually say he was an arsonist, although the FBI states that 82% of volunteer firemen are psycho-sexual arsonists.

5. The Person Must Be Specific- A “screen name” cannot be defamed. So, if you say,“TBird is an arsonist”, TBird is not a person…it is just a screen name.
GCN

Philadelphia, PA

#4 Oct 11, 2009
Life Coach wrote:
<quoted text>
There are many defenses one can use when accused of libel or slander. Among those:
!. Public Figure- If you say “Larry King is a pimp, a thief and liar”. Larry King is a public figure, so he would lose the lawsuit.
2. The Truth- If you say “Bernard Madoff is a thief and a liar”, the fact it is true, would be your defense.
3. No Harm Done- If you say “Life Coach lives in his mother’s basement”, there would really be no harm to my reputation from this statement
4. Statement Must Be Specific- If you say “There is 1n 18% chance that John Smith the volunteer firemen is not an arsonist”, you did not actually say he was an arsonist, although the FBI states that 82% of volunteer firemen are psycho-sexual arsonists.
5. The Person Must Be Specific- A “screen name” cannot be defamed. So, if you say,“TBird is an arsonist”, TBird is not a person…it is just a screen name.
already feeling as though you need to defend yourself, life coach?! why's that, are you a little nervous of this petition because of all the things youve said about people?! it would be easy to find something offensive you've written, you do it on every forum.
Life Coach

AOL

#5 Oct 11, 2009
GCN wrote:
<quoted text>already feeling as though you need to defend yourself, life coach?! why's that, are you a little nervous of this petition because of all the things youve said about people?! it would be easy to find something offensive you've written, you do it on every forum.
I have violate no terms of service

Proove it
Life Coach

AOL

#6 Oct 11, 2009
violated*
Lynda

Zebulon, NC

#7 Oct 11, 2009
It is all in the records we have from topix.
Life Coach

AOL

#8 Oct 11, 2009
Lynda wrote:
It is all in the records we have from topix.
Let's GET IT ON !!!!!!!!!!
Truth be Known

Buffalo, NY

#9 Oct 11, 2009
Here we go again. You must have relatives from Tarrant, Texas.
LegalAdvice 5Cents

Lancaster, NY

#10 Oct 11, 2009
you're all under arrest for having
indecent thoughts and poor spelling...

we'll be sending an officer over soon...

please undress yourself so his body cavity
search is easier when he gets there...
anon-mom

Tonawanda, NY

#11 Oct 11, 2009
I am not sure what information you are relying on for this lawsuit, but first and foremost, "SLANDER" is a term that is for verbal attacks..."LIBEL" is for written.

It is libelous not slanderous

Second, if you are to undertake a lawsuit, be expected to fork out quite a bit of money, especially if you live in a different state than the person that is harassing or defaming you.

You can go after TOPIX to reveal "LIFE COACH"s real name and address. You can sue them to release the ISP and name to you so that you can go after the individual and sue.

It has happened but takes time and money.

Also it is wise to contact AOL with links to the libelous remarks that are being made. This person is breaking the terms of use with his internet provider.

You could also seek legal recourse by going after AOL.

You are not the first person to file a lawsuit nor will you be the last.

The laws are not specific to the internet in NY state. The actual cyber law for harassment, libel, lies,etc is still sitting on the desk waiting its term. It is pending waiting for vote, which has no date yet.

What you need to do now is to contact your local police and local FBI. Go to the FBI site and there is a CYBER TASK FORCE LINK. Once you register your complaint, you will be given a file number. Yes, the FBI will contact you. I had 2 agents come to my house to investigate my situation.

There is also "Reputation Defenders" which was aired on Dr. Phil a couple of days ago. They are Havard alumni Attorneys that go after social networks such as Myspace. Their rate is far cheaper than the first 30 minutes with an attorney.

I know. I am going through this right now with someone else on the internet that is harassing me.

There is legal recourse for those that are being harassed, insulted, defamed, intimidated, stalked, cyberbullied. There are about 12 states that do have active laws now which make it federal crimes.

REMEMBER THIS ~ WHATEVER YOU PUT ON THE INTERNET, NO MATTER HOW LITTLE, WILL AND CAN BE TRACED BACK TO YOU.
Night Heat

Niagara Falls, NY

#13 Oct 11, 2009
No worries. Life Coach made the mistake of copy & pasting copyrighted information onto one of his "Volly Arsonist" threads thereby distributing without permission. This info was forwarded to a Cyber Crime Task Force member who is in the process of getting a written affidavit from a complainant to file the appropiate charges. That thread has already been subpoenaed and removed from this forum. When this complainant confirms the affidavit the next step is to subpoena Topix and/or AOL for Life Coach's ISP. Then goodbye Coach. WORD.
Life Coach

AOL

#14 Oct 11, 2009
anon-mom wrote:
I am not sure what information you are relying on for this lawsuit, but first and foremost, "SLANDER" is a term that is for verbal attacks..."LIBEL" is for written.
It is libelous not slanderous
Second, if you are to undertake a lawsuit, be expected to fork out quite a bit of money, especially if you live in a different state than the person that is harassing or defaming you.
You can go after TOPIX to reveal "LIFE COACH"s real name and address. You can sue them to release the ISP and name to you so that you can go after the individual and sue.
It has happened but takes time and money.
Also it is wise to contact AOL with links to the libelous remarks that are being made. This person is breaking the terms of use with his internet provider.
You could also seek legal recourse by going after AOL.
You are not the first person to file a lawsuit nor will you be the last.
The laws are not specific to the internet in NY state. The actual cyber law for harassment, libel, lies,etc is still sitting on the desk waiting its term. It is pending waiting for vote, which has no date yet.
What you need to do now is to contact your local police and local FBI. Go to the FBI site and there is a CYBER TASK FORCE LINK. Once you register your complaint, you will be given a file number. Yes, the FBI will contact you. I had 2 agents come to my house to investigate my situation.
There is also "Reputation Defenders" which was aired on Dr. Phil a couple of days ago. They are Havard alumni Attorneys that go after social networks such as Myspace. Their rate is far cheaper than the first 30 minutes with an attorney.
I know. I am going through this right now with someone else on the internet that is harassing me.
There is legal recourse for those that are being harassed, insulted, defamed, intimidated, stalked, cyberbullied. There are about 12 states that do have active laws now which make it federal crimes.
REMEMBER THIS ~ WHATEVER YOU PUT ON THE INTERNET, NO MATTER HOW LITTLE, WILL AND CAN BE TRACED BACK TO YOU.
Some attorneys will put together a lawsuit to go after big corporations for 1/3 of the settlement (40% if it goes to trial). No attorney would go after an individual because they called someone an "idiot" or a "skank". It would take alot of legwork and expense and they would be lucky to get a piece of a $1,000 settlement. They would actually lose money on the deal
Life Coach

AOL

#15 Oct 11, 2009
Night Heat wrote:
No worries. Life Coach made the mistake of copy & pasting copyrighted information onto one of his "Volly Arsonist" threads thereby distributing without permission. This info was forwarded to a Cyber Crime Task Force member who is in the process of getting a written affidavit from a complainant to file the appropiate charges. That thread has already been subpoenaed and removed from this forum. When this complainant confirms the affidavit the next step is to subpoena Topix and/or AOL for Life Coach's ISP. Then goodbye Coach. WORD.
Sorry, bud. I would have to make a profit for that to apply
Life Coach

AOL

#16 Oct 11, 2009
...Not only that, but I just tore the tag off my mattress...
Robert Laity

Buffalo, NY

#17 Oct 12, 2009
LegalAdvice 5Cents wrote:
you're all under arrest for having
indecent thoughts and poor spelling...
we'll be sending an officer over soon...
please undress yourself so his body cavity
search is easier when he gets there...
Ptotection for Obama's bi-sexual activities?:
http://www.wnd.com/index.php...
Robert Laity

Buffalo, NY

#18 Oct 12, 2009
anon-mom wrote:
I am not sure what information you are relying on for this lawsuit, but first and foremost, "SLANDER" is a term that is for verbal attacks..."LIBEL" is for written.
It is libelous not slanderous
Second, if you are to undertake a lawsuit, be expected to fork out quite a bit of money, especially if you live in a different state than the person that is harassing or defaming you.
You can go after TOPIX to reveal "LIFE COACH"s real name and address. You can sue them to release the ISP and name to you so that you can go after the individual and sue.
It has happened but takes time and money.
Also it is wise to contact AOL with links to the libelous remarks that are being made. This person is breaking the terms of use with his internet provider.
You could also seek legal recourse by going after AOL.
You are not the first person to file a lawsuit nor will you be the last.
The laws are not specific to the internet in NY state. The actual cyber law for harassment, libel, lies,etc is still sitting on the desk waiting its term. It is pending waiting for vote, which has no date yet.
What you need to do now is to contact your local police and local FBI. Go to the FBI site and there is a CYBER TASK FORCE LINK. Once you register your complaint, you will be given a file number. Yes, the FBI will contact you. I had 2 agents come to my house to investigate my situation.
There is also "Reputation Defenders" which was aired on Dr. Phil a couple of days ago. They are Havard alumni Attorneys that go after social networks such as Myspace. Their rate is far cheaper than the first 30 minutes with an attorney.
I know. I am going through this right now with someone else on the internet that is harassing me.
There is legal recourse for those that are being harassed, insulted, defamed, intimidated, stalked, cyberbullied. There are about 12 states that do have active laws now which make it federal crimes.
REMEMBER THIS ~ WHATEVER YOU PUT ON THE INTERNET, NO MATTER HOW LITTLE, WILL AND CAN BE TRACED BACK TO YOU.
Don't forget to read New York Times Co.v. Sullivan,376 U.S. 254 (1964)

“DC Police Complaint #T14002751”

Since: Nov 08

Swift Water,NY

#19 Oct 12, 2009
anon-mom wrote:
I am not sure what information you are relying on for this lawsuit, but first and foremost, "SLANDER" is a term that is for verbal attacks..."LIBEL" is for written.
It is libelous not slanderous
Second, if you are to undertake a lawsuit, be expected to fork out quite a bit of money, especially if you live in a different state than the person that is harassing or defaming you.
You can go after TOPIX to reveal "LIFE COACH"s real name and address. You can sue them to release the ISP and name to you so that you can go after the individual and sue.
It has happened but takes time and money.
Also it is wise to contact AOL with links to the libelous remarks that are being made. This person is breaking the terms of use with his internet provider.
You could also seek legal recourse by going after AOL.
You are not the first person to file a lawsuit nor will you be the last.
The laws are not specific to the internet in NY state. The actual cyber law for harassment, libel, lies,etc is still sitting on the desk waiting its term. It is pending waiting for vote, which has no date yet.
What you need to do now is to contact your local police and local FBI. Go to the FBI site and there is a CYBER TASK FORCE LINK. Once you register your complaint, you will be given a file number. Yes, the FBI will contact you. I had 2 agents come to my house to investigate my situation.
There is also "Reputation Defenders" which was aired on Dr. Phil a couple of days ago. They are Havard alumni Attorneys that go after social networks such as Myspace. Their rate is far cheaper than the first 30 minutes with an attorney.
I know. I am going through this right now with someone else on the internet that is harassing me.
There is legal recourse for those that are being harassed, insulted, defamed, intimidated, stalked, cyberbullied. There are about 12 states that do have active laws now which make it federal crimes.
REMEMBER THIS ~ WHATEVER YOU PUT ON THE INTERNET, NO MATTER HOW LITTLE, WILL AND CAN BE TRACED BACK TO YOU.
Don't forget to read New York Times,Co. v Sullivan,376 U.S. 254 (1964)

“DC Police Complaint #T14002751”

Since: Nov 08

Swift Water,NY

#20 Oct 12, 2009
Life Coach wrote:
...Not only that, but I just tore the tag off my mattress...
That is not illegal for the owner of the mattress to do!

“DC Police Complaint #T14002751”

Since: Nov 08

Swift Water,NY

#21 Oct 12, 2009
Life Coach wrote:
...Not only that, but I just tore the tag off my mattress...
Only for the purveyor!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buffalo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why do blacks have so many babies? 1 hr Homeboynot 4
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 1 hr Mini mouse 20,631
Whereabouts? 4 hr Kohlrabi 4
News Best places for breakfast in Buffalo: 5 WNY pla... (Dec '15) Mon Kilhoffer Street ... 4
Why do cullerd women repeat themselves 5x? Mon Your Name Here 6
News Why Charlotte Reacted to Shooting with Protests Sep 25 lol 4
Buffalo: Planet of the Apes (Oct '15) Sep 24 Getwithit 8

Buffalo Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Buffalo Mortgages