South Buffalo man charged in cross bu...

South Buffalo man charged in cross burning

There are 165 comments on the WIVB Buffalo story from Jul 7, 2008, titled South Buffalo man charged in cross burning. In it, WIVB Buffalo reports that:

A South Buffalo man has been charged with a hate crime after he allegedly burned a cross on the lawn of one his neighbors.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WIVB Buffalo.

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
NETTY

AOL

#1 Jul 7, 2008
i know don and this was not a hate crime Obviously It was a stupid thing to do . It started on the 4th marios cousin started a fight at dons house and mario got involved and hit donnie with a pipe in the face .im hispanic and my house is hispanic, black and white we have known donnie for years and get along fine,donnie grew in a hispanic house he is not prejudice,this incident is from a personal fight between mario ,marios cousin and the guests at the party ,
bill from babcock

Olean, NY

#2 Jul 7, 2008
NETTY wrote:
i know don and this was not a hate crime Obviously It was a stupid thing to do . It started on the 4th marios cousin started a fight at dons house and mario got involved and hit donnie with a pipe in the face .im hispanic and my house is hispanic, black and white we have known donnie for years and get along fine,donnie grew in a hispanic house he is not prejudice,this incident is from a personal fight between mario ,marios cousin and the guests at the party ,
Are you retarded or do you live in the Valley?
bigodingolin

AOL

#3 Jul 7, 2008
whata jerk off
Ima Taxpaya

Ontario, NY

#9 Jul 7, 2008
OMG how much did that gas cost?

Next time use something cheaper when committing your crimes.. think people, think!
Emma

Buffalo, NY

#12 Jul 7, 2008
boy you think we've grown up and more and more I learn we haven't.
Emma

Buffalo, NY

#13 Jul 7, 2008
NETTY wrote:
i know don and this was not a hate crime ,
so why did he burn a cross? That's like spray painting n***** on a wall-- it's an OBVIOUSLY racist move. Stupid doesn't even begin to cover it, especially if it's a personal fight.
good for him

East Amherst, NY

#15 Jul 7, 2008
I lived next to him for about 2 years and he is nothing but a problem. He's got an arrest record a mile long how can he be good???? He's got a big mouth that gets him in trouble, threatens people and gets drunk and on drugs almost all the time. He pointed a gun at a cop a couple years ago, shot a shot gun off his porch a couple times, vandelized people property, broke in to a guys house with a shot gun and ransacked it. You call him good. All i can say he got a damn good lawyer he should have been put in prison long ago. he even beeat up his dog when he had it. Whats wrong here????? He gets off the hook every time he does something. The justice system just isn't doing its job here. He's just going to get off the hook again because of some technacality. It's a shame you got to wait till he kills somebody for him to be put away.
cervantes

Powder Springs, GA

#19 Jul 7, 2008
Well I, said it the other day if you want a good laugh, look no further than South Buffalo. I, will say this not all from that area should be included in this mess, but unfortnately they will because of a racist fool like this. I truly hope that some day all of us Black, White, and Hispanic, who ever you are could just look at each other with the love God gave all men and women alike. Comment's such as calling people porch apes and chimp meat goes to show just how small a brain they have, just as talking the about the size a males enhancement, what does this prove, NOTHING. Get real and grow up and maybe you will make mother proud some day, that you finally found a brain.
LINDSEY

Buffalo, NY

#20 Jul 7, 2008
WHERE DOES THIS MAN THINK HE IS , MEMPHIS? AND WHAT YEAR DOES HE LIVE IN , 1956? THE RACE THING IS GETTING A LITTLE OLD , CONSIDERING ALL AMERICANS ARE HATED WORLD WIDE. WHEN ARE WE GONNA START STICKING TOGETHER? WHEN WILL MINORITIES BECOME EQUALS?
Jennifer Evans

Buffalo, NY

#21 Jul 7, 2008
This is a really horrible incident. Just because some people live differently from him does not give him catre blanche to act like a KKK wannabee. I hope he realizes the severity of his actions, it's going to cost him. So much for being the City of Good Neighbors when you have a racist.
Jennifer Evans

Buffalo, NY

#22 Jul 7, 2008
Whoops. Meant to say carte blanche.
Bill

Tonawanda, NY

#23 Jul 7, 2008
This guy is white trash thru and thru, but don't lump all of south buffalo as such.
Rightly so, and the the facts prove it, gentrification has ruined and slummified the east, west and now university district. Long time south buffaloites refuse to let that happen to their neighborhood, and if racism is the only recourse to keep crack heads and and chronic losers out, so be it.
Summer

Buffalo, NY

#24 Jul 7, 2008
Quiet? Are you kidding me? Not anymore. Not since landlords don't give a crap and let everyone and their sister move in now. Growing up there use to be quiet and safe. Not anymore. I'm sorry but I think this guy just had enough. I know the feeling because I'm sick of seeing my South Buffalo neighborhood turning into the East Side.
Jones

Buffalo, NY

#25 Jul 7, 2008
It wasn't a cross! It was the plus sign the guy hated math!!!!
frogbaby

Portland, ME

#27 Jul 7, 2008
I'm a christian woman and i forgive him. But i don't appreciate what he did, And for his friend to say he isn't racist thats not the case. If he wasnt he would've resolved this differently. My prayers go out to the family. May they have peace and he will answer to a higher power for what he did.
gods daughter

Buffalo, NY

#28 Jul 7, 2008
i also grew up and live in so.buffalo,its sad to say but the truth is that buffalo is the most prejudice city i have ever seen.i personally encounter this because i am in a biracial marriage and have biracial children.people seem to forget that we were all created by god.if you cant handle seeing different ethnicities than close your eyes because regardless of skin color you are supposed to love eachother like brothers & sisters.as far as the arsonist,god will be his judge.I think many of you need to pick up a bible and learn from it.
elinor27

Wilson, NY

#29 Jul 7, 2008
NOT a hate crime?!! Yeah, right.
Dudley Doright

Tonawanda, NY

#30 Jul 7, 2008
Best booking picture ever!!!

Two grimey yellow smoke covered thumbs up.
Pissed off

AOL

#31 Jul 7, 2008
If you want to be mad at the man for his extreamly stupid mistake that is fine but what makes YOU any better when you write stupid shit like that. His mother was married to a hispanic man who donnie loved very much. Do not take it out on the entire family because of what one man did. I am his niece and I do not condone what he did but I should not have to burn in hell for it asshole!!!!!!!
I Know

Buffalo, NY

#33 Jul 7, 2008
He is a creep that doesn't care about human life! He has been a mennise to the public for way to long. Yes, he did shout at a bar off his porch in Kaisertown,we were just glad he was gone from this area. He has told about going into NY city and biteing off some dudes ear. Is that a human mind or a murder?? As I see it, he is where he belongs, I am glad he is off the steets,because if he was here you would hear about something eles he did.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buffalo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Alleged Mafia Activity in Buffalo, Niagara Fall... (Mar '16) 3 hr Lead Pipe Joe 77
weed, grass xanis bar perks oc's l s d m... 4 hr now 1
Trump President? Couldnt even buy the Bills 7 hr Bflo Neocon 2
Trump's father-in-law is hardcore Communist 13 hr Dont let facts ge... 3
Abluntrumphater 19 hr punK 37
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Sat Well Well 20,775
Would Buffalo really improve if there were less... (Feb '16) Jan 20 TheTruth 19

Buffalo Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Buffalo Mortgages