Midway Park Bemus Point?

Midway Park Bemus Point?

Posted in the Buffalo Forum

JustOneMom

United States

#1 Aug 4, 2008
Does anyone know the cost of admission or the hours to this park?
They don't seem to have a website. I'm sure someone is going to make a nasty remark on here to me, but I did google it and I cannot find the hours OR the price.
Thanks if anyone intelligent can help me.
fred

Clarksburg, WV

#2 Aug 5, 2008
why does the state own this park, how much is it costing taxpayers each year? In a time of record budget deficites it must be closed and the land sold and gotten back on the tax roles
Sanborn NY Res

Atlanta, GA

#4 Aug 5, 2008
Never heard of it either
cjs

Jamestown, NY

#5 Aug 5, 2008
Contact Information:
4859 Route 430
Bemus Point, NY 14712

Seasons/Hours:
Memorial Day weekend - Labor Day, the park is open 7 days a week. The rides and arcade are open weekends only Memorial day through mid-June and then Wednesday through Sunday, weather permitting. Operating times may vary. Please call the park office for more information.
JustOneMom

United States

#6 Aug 5, 2008
cjs wrote:
Contact Information:
4859 Route 430
Bemus Point, NY 14712
Seasons/Hours:
Memorial Day weekend - Labor Day, the park is open 7 days a week. The rides and arcade are open weekends only Memorial day through mid-June and then Wednesday through Sunday, weather permitting. Operating times may vary. Please call the park office for more information.
I did call.
No one ever answers and they do NOT give you the price of an all day wrist band on the recording.
It just says tickets are $1.25 EACH and rides are one or two tickets. Then, press whatever # for the all day wrist band price. Honestly, I can't get an answer there...
I thought it would make for a nice day, but maybe we're off to Darien Lake, ha ha.

If the state runs Midway Park now, is that why it's so darn expensive?? An average of 2.50 PER KID, PER RIDE. So it's going to cost me $5.00 PER RIDE for the twins??

Darien Lake is looking really good now... LOL
thanks everyone

“Live and let live!”

Since: May 08

Buffalo NY

#7 Aug 5, 2008
JustOneMom wrote:
<quoted text>
I did call.
No one ever answers and they do NOT give you the price of an all day wrist band on the recording.
It just says tickets are $1.25 EACH and rides are one or two tickets. Then, press whatever # for the all day wrist band price. Honestly, I can't get an answer there...
I thought it would make for a nice day, but maybe we're off to Darien Lake, ha ha.
If the state runs Midway Park now, is that why it's so darn expensive?? An average of 2.50 PER KID, PER RIDE. So it's going to cost me $5.00 PER RIDE for the twins??
Darien Lake is looking really good now... LOL
thanks everyone
Darien Lake is probably around the same price. And Midway sucks. Their rides are not that great. And you may pay just as much as Darien Lake. And it is bigger and better and Darien Lake.
Charlie Daniels

Jamestown, NY

#8 Aug 5, 2008
I haven't been ther in years, back when it was privately owned. The rides were geared more toward little kids but they did have a go cart track. I don't know if they have an all day ticket now but you could buy multiple tickets for lesser money. Midway is definately no wheres near a Darien lake, but its not as crowded either.
jen

Elmira, NY

#9 Jun 15, 2011
JustOneMom wrote:
Does anyone know the cost of admission or the hours to this park?
They don't seem to have a website. I'm sure someone is going to make a nasty remark on here to me, but I did google it and I cannot find the hours OR the price.
Thanks if anyone intelligent can help me.
its 15.00 per person for all day wrist bands doesnt include go carts or bumper boats
jen

Elmira, NY

#10 Jun 15, 2011
15.00 per person for all day wrist band doesnt include bumper boats or go carts
8-Six-7-Five-3-O -Nine

Tonawanda, NY

#11 Jun 15, 2011
jen wrote:
its 15.00 per person for all day wrist bands doesnt include go carts or bumper boats
jen wrote:
15.00 per person for all day wrist band doesnt include bumper boats or go carts
Does it include bumper carts and go-boats?
Actually

Lake View, NY

#12 Jun 15, 2011
As I recall - the park was privately owned - then the state bought it. The waterfront would have been valuable for condos. I think this is the first state owned amusement park in NY. If you think about it - wouldn't it have been nice if the Canadian gov't would have bought Crystal Beach ?
Susan

Little Genesee, NY

#15 Aug 27, 2013
fred wrote:
why does the state own this park, how much is it costing taxpayers each year? In a time of record budget deficites it must be closed and the land sold and gotten back on the tax roles
I'm glad you are thinking of families and especially the kids. This park one of the only things NY has actually left alone and it is doing just fine and something families can actually afford - unlike most other places in NY. AND, like that little bit will turn NY around. You must be a politician!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buffalo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ghetto assed names 6 hr Chimpaneeka Moore 48
Do Asians think all LIEF COACHES look alike? Wed Major Nadal Hassan 8
Wheres Ch.4's Nalina Shapiro ? (Dec '12) Wed lol 20
News Jamestown Man Indicted In Conspiracy To Distrib... Tue Hmmm 1
News Sheriff's Lieutenant behind bars (Feb '09) Tue The truth 201
Chris Romanowski Empire Liquidators 1791 Fillmo... Jun 28 Jordan 11
jaesea jones jason mickens? Jun 27 Kilhoffer Street ... 10

Buffalo Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance