Close up tour of Hoyt Lake

Close up tour of Hoyt Lake

There are 32 comments on the WIVB Buffalo story from Aug 13, 2008, titled Close up tour of Hoyt Lake. In it, WIVB Buffalo reports that:

Assemblyman Sam Hoyt hosted the tour of the lake, named for his late father who preceded him in the State Assembly.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WIVB Buffalo.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Bob

Dunkirk, NY

#21 Sep 7, 2008
Baby Joe Rehab wrote:
<quoted text>
Cheryl is Tom's sister. aka Commander Tom's sister.
Thank you, Learn something new every day
Life Coach

AOL

#22 Sep 7, 2008
Another local celebrity scandal was when Barry Lillis got drunk and robbed a bank one afternoon right before he was scheduled to do the 6 o'clock news

Remember that one?
Patrick Bateman

Brooklyn, NY

#23 Sep 8, 2008
Maybe they can have Bob Delano and Jimmy Griffin stop by to dump some calcium chloride in the lake for old times' sake.
baby Joe no no no

AOL

#24 Sep 24, 2008
In North Buffalo. N.Y.. frightened parents confiscated their children's bikes, Bible-class attendance dwindled, and one cautious housewife locked all three doors to her house, kept the key on a chain around her neck. The town had been terrified by the brutal drowning of blond Andrew Ashley, 3, who was found floating in the nearby Delaware Park lake, hands and feet tied with nylon stockings. Recalling two similar but nonfatal kidnapings of North Buffalo children during the past two months, a local psychiatrist concluded. "This is the reaction of a person who has become extremely jealous, perhaps as a result of the loss of her own child." But when police finally picked up a likely suspect, the jealous woman turned out to be a disturbed teenager. Chyrel Jolls. 15, was twice questioned and released, then arrested a third time last week when a rambling diary found in her home contained allusions to the Ashley kidnaping. But at week's end, although Chyrel confessed to abducting the Ashley child, police had not yet charged her with murder, and North Buffalo parents were still not sure the streets were safe.
Life Coach

AOL

#25 Sep 24, 2008
baby Joe no no no wrote:
In North Buffalo. N.Y.. frightened parents confiscated their children's bikes, Bible-class attendance dwindled, and one cautious housewife locked all three doors to her house, kept the key on a chain around her neck. The town had been terrified by the brutal drowning of blond Andrew Ashley, 3, who was found floating in the nearby Delaware Park lake, hands and feet tied with nylon stockings. Recalling two similar but nonfatal kidnapings of North Buffalo children during the past two months, a local psychiatrist concluded. "This is the reaction of a person who has become extremely jealous, perhaps as a result of the loss of her own child." But when police finally picked up a likely suspect, the jealous woman turned out to be a disturbed teenager. Chyrel Jolls. 15, was twice questioned and released, then arrested a third time last week when a rambling diary found in her home contained allusions to the Ashley kidnaping. But at week's end, although Chyrel confessed to abducting the Ashley child, police had not yet charged her with murder, and North Buffalo parents were still not sure the streets were safe.
Make Tom Joles clean up the lake
radiolarry

Buffalo, NY

#26 Oct 29, 2011
so much misinformation she is not tom jolls' sister the boy was 3 when he was drowned she was caught trying to kill another child she is serving a life sentence in a state hospital for the criminally insane i was 11 when she was convicted i remember the fear being a young boy and her being on the loose the memories came back after the sanchez conviction
Knowthevictimsfa milynow

Buffalo, NY

#27 Oct 15, 2013
They let her out after 9 years. She was Thom Jolls' sister.
Reader

Philadelphia, PA

#29 Jul 21, 2016
Knowthevictimsfamilynow wrote:
They let her out after 9 years. She was Thom Jolls' sister.
I read that she was released and never heard from again..is that true? I can't find any info about after her 1971 release from a civilian mental facility..
She could be living under a false name and still up to her old tricks, the thought horrifies me..
#justiceforandrewashley
Reader

Philadelphia, PA

#30 Jul 21, 2016
radiolarry wrote:
so much misinformation she is not tom jolls' sister the boy was 3 when he was drowned she was caught trying to kill another child she is serving a life sentence in a state hospital for the criminally insane i was 11 when she was convicted i remember the fear being a young boy and her being on the loose the memories came back after the sanchez conviction
She was released in 1971. Her doctors said she was better but still emotionally unstable, they thought a trial would send her into a psychotic break so they transferred her to a civilian facility and all charges were dropped. She was released shortly after and seems to have dropped off the face of the earth after that..
rep2745

Buffalo, NY

#31 Aug 6, 2016
radiolarry wrote:
Wrong, she was released from St Lawrence State Hospital Jan 29,1971. Her where abouts now are unknown.
AngelsWings3

North Tonawanda, NY

#32 Feb 24, 2018
There is no proven relationship between former tv personality Tom Jolls & child killer Chryl Jolls. Stop repeating rubbish. Tom is a well respected Ch 7 Eyewitness News icon.Chryl abducted & abused 4 known children including her cousin,tortured & bound 3 yr old Andrew Ashley & tossed the terrified toddler into Delaware Park Lake to drown.The killer spent only 10 yrs in a mental institution. The killer was then released back in to society & disappeared under an assumed identity to most likely offend again.Where is the justice for her victims in this? Violence of any kind especially of children is no laughing matter. The victims, their families & WNY community were all terrorized by this monster disguised as a 15 yr old girl. Andrew may you be at peace.
Stacy Dash

Ashburn, VA

#33 Mar 22, 2018
It's Delaware Lake, not Hoyt, Squaw Island, not Unity, Humboldt Park, not MLK, and if you want to start tearing down monuments that were built with slave labor, start with the Pyramids in Egypt.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buffalo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 10 hr Hate 21,721
Have African-Americans destroyed Buffalo NY? 22 hr Byron Clown 20
Al Sharpton, Boffalos next mayor (Nov '17) 23 hr Bobo Brazil 177
News A Bumpy Ride On The Thruway (Jan '08) Thu Freebird 35
Poll Should Diocese money fund St Stans Rehab? (Nov '07) Thu Bobo Brazil 13
News Four defendants indicted in multi-million dolla... Thu Phallusing Around 15
Poll Which priest likes the most "spot light" or to ... (Dec '10) Thu abdellina hassan 173

Buffalo Jobs

Personal Finance

Buffalo Mortgages