Close up tour of Hoyt Lake

Full story: WIVB Buffalo

Assemblyman Sam Hoyt hosted the tour of the lake, named for his late father who preceded him in the State Assembly.
Comments
1 - 20 of 27 Comments Last updated Oct 15, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Richard Kern

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2008

The contamination of Hoyt Lake usually happens when there is overflow of Squajaquada Creek where it goes underground near the east end of the lake. The larger remedy is cleaning up the creek, but in the short run an inexpensive retaining wall along the Hoyt Lake walkway at the creek 'tunnel' might give another foot of insurance against creek overflow into the lake during heavy rains. Keeping the screen covering the creek tunnel entrance free of the too-common ugly trash & debris would also assist in keeping the creek flowing around, rather than into, the Lake.
Life Coach

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2008

Isnt that the same lake where Thom Jolles sister allegedly dumped the body of Andrew T. Ashley (the 4year old) after she allegedly murdered him back in the 1960's ?
Bubba

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 14, 2008

Life Coach wrote:
Isnt that the same lake where Thom Jolles sister allegedly dumped the body of Andrew T. Ashley (the 4year old) after she allegedly murdered him back in the 1960's ?
Watch out Life Coach - I saw a bunch of tattooed people over by that lake the other day. I don't want you to get scared or anything. I know how frightened you are by people with tattoos.
joe

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2008

Judged:

Funny how they remove comments. Sam Hoyt is a grandstanding silver spooner who has done nothing for Buffalo. He only has his lifetime of politcs be cause he rides the coattails of his father. He has done nothing on his own or for this city. Spare us. He suddenly is all over the news lately, camera sniffing seems to be his forte.
Gregw

East Aurora, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2008

Judged:

Sammy boy is up for re-election. He has to get out there and make it look good because, he has some serious competition this time. Sam and Hilary...two jokes of New York.
Dutch

Corona, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2008

It's not Hoyt Lake you morons.It always was and will always be Delaware Park Lake.
Ric

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2008

Storm water added to sewage lines should be outlawed. Many cities have corrected the past mistakes of early infrastructure design by passing local laws forcing property owners to redirect rain water.
Swimming bans, foul waterways (weed choked creeks and rivers) and smelly city lakes lower the appeal for residents and those that might consider expanding a business here.
PhilC

Keene, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2008

it will always be Delaware Park lake to me. Who were the morons who changed the name? It should be changed back to Delaware Park lake.
James Z

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2008

PhilC wrote:
it will always be Delaware Park lake to me. Who were the morons who changed the name? It should be changed back to Delaware Park lake.
That moron was Sam Hoyt. Changing the name of the lake was the first thing he did when he was appointed to fill his fathers position
renametlake

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2008

Maybe it should be renamed "Blueskies588" Lake!
Apu Hapassapeemapeta lon

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2008

renametlake wrote:
Maybe it should be renamed "Blueskies588" Lake!
Renaming lake to "Intern Put Out, or Get Out!"
Susan B

Dudley, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2008

I remember Deleware Lake I will never think of it as Hoyt Lake.
William McKinley

Jersey City, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2008

PhilC wrote:
If they are going to change it back, the historic name is "Mirror Lake." Since the only you can see in it now is slime, the new name is actually appropriate.
Life Coach

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2008

William McKinley wrote:
<quoted text>If they are going to change it back, the historic name is "Mirror Lake." Since the only you can see in it now is slime, the new name is actually appropriate.
First of all, I don't think your screen name is funny. I was at the Pan American Exposition in 1903 and I saw President McKinley get shot.

I think they should name the Lake "Andrew T. Ashly Lake because that was the name of the 4 year old boy whose body was found floating in there in the mid 60's after he was abducted from the corner of Parkside and Jewett and murdered.

A young woman with mental problems was sent to the nuthouse for doing it. For years, there has been a rumor that Thom Jolls' sister was that woman. I san't find anything on the internet about it.

Does anyone have a sunscription to the Buffalo news Archives who could look it up?
Life Coach

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2008

jess

Saco, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 5, 2008

1901. I know you are senile, but...
Bob

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2008

Life Coach wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all, I don't think your screen name is funny. I was at the Pan American Exposition in 1903 and I saw President McKinley get shot.
I think they should name the Lake "Andrew T. Ashly Lake because that was the name of the 4 year old boy whose body was found floating in there in the mid 60's after he was abducted from the corner of Parkside and Jewett and murdered.
A young woman with mental problems was sent to the nuthouse for doing it. For years, there has been a rumor that Thom Jolls' sister was that woman. I san't find anything on the internet about it.
Does anyone have a sunscription to the Buffalo news Archives who could look it up?
Andrew Ashley was kidnapped and murdered by a Cheryl Jolls. Any relation to Tom Jolls? I have no idea
Life Coach

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2008

It is my understanding she is his sister and she was 15 when she did it
Baby Joe Rehab

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2008

Judged:

joe wrote:
Funny how they remove comments. Sam Hoyt is a grandstanding silver spooner who has done nothing for Buffalo. He only has his lifetime of politcs be cause he rides the coattails of his father. He has done nothing on his own or for this city. Spare us. He suddenly is all over the news lately, camera sniffing seems to be his forte.
His forte was and still is INTERN SNIFFING! That means ADULTERY. It may also be statutory rape depending on the age of the interns. He just never thought he would be caught. he is a sinner. When i am elected Senator I will punch the interns instead of humping them.
Baby Joe Rehab

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 6, 2008

Bob wrote:
<quoted text>Andrew Ashley was kidnapped and murdered by a Cheryl Jolls. Any relation to Tom Jolls? I have no idea
Cheryl is Tom's sister. aka Commander Tom's sister.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Buffalo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 6 min truth told 18,747
We won 51 min tbird19482 44
Officials: Yolanda Bindics Was Murdered (Jul '07) 57 min question 165
Ice Bucket Challenge raises awareness, funds fo... 1 hr Cold hard facts 4
I could go for a hot pasquale on rye 9 hr Mongo Lloyd 6
Police face challenges and frustrations in manhunt (Sep '06) 10 hr henu 164
Wal-Mart gets mixed welcome in our area (Oct '06) 13 hr AMY SOSUS HAGENSTINE 9

Search the Buffalo Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Buffalo Jobs

•••