Two County Workers Doing Something Ot...

Two County Workers Doing Something Other Than Their Job While o...

There are 554 comments on the WIVB Buffalo story from Feb 15, 2008, titled Two County Workers Doing Something Other Than Their Job While o.... In it, WIVB Buffalo reports that:

Chris Collins, R-Erie County Executive, "In the private sector I'd fire them." County Executive Chris Collins says it began with a phone tip.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WIVB Buffalo.

Chris

Rochester, NY

#458 Mar 5, 2008
scott dunlap wrote:
excuse's excuse's,i think this is a perfect time for chris collins, to start cleaning up the erie county goverment.
I agree!
buffalo at its best

Montgomery, AL

#459 Mar 6, 2008
you really think they were the only employees doing trash like that they just got caught believe me they are not the only employees in buffalo that do there job entirely mischieviously
david

Buffalo, NY

#460 Mar 6, 2008
its about time someone in a position of power makes a move to let these county workers know that this kind of behavior will not be tolerated! It has been going on for years, I as a local bar patron have witnessed county, city, state, nfta etc...employees enjoying drinks on their employers time! I am a buisness owner in the private sector and I would not tolerate it either!
momsstheone

Olean, NY

#462 Mar 6, 2008
Are you kidding me! What if they were going by Chris Collins house and noticed the lights on, they wouldnt stop? The bar was not even open. Were they asked to submit to a breathelizer to see if they were drinking? Part owner or not they were trying to see if there was a breakin BIG DEAL!!!! Then every county worker better not go to lunch where there is alcohol involved because they might get fired... I think there are more important things to worry about then someone checking a bar for a breakin...
Stephen

Lewisberry, PA

#463 Mar 6, 2008
Is not because you are Italian. It's because you DON'T WORK!!!!!!!
Goomba King

Lancaster, NY

#464 Mar 6, 2008
You know the problem with Italy? Too many Italians. Sometimes Buffalo feels that way too. On a trip to Sicily I observed the same laziness and lack of desire to work. Why doesn't Palumbo and Syracuse get one-way tickets back to the motherland so they could feel more at home? Good luck taking 40K a year and putting in your pocket out of that dump of a bar.
thomas weiner

East Amherst, NY

#466 Mar 6, 2008
believe they should have been fired. more of this abuse should be looked into at the county--city--town and state levels. including police and fire dept. our tax dollars cannot afford this. taxes HAVE to go down. not stay the same or go up.
thanks
tom
Joelle

Buffalo, NY

#467 Mar 6, 2008
Here we go again.. more people who know it all... They WEREN'T drinking. I don't think Anthony even drinks, at least not in the morning. Give me a break. And no DAVID, it wasn't the former Rooftops, so get your story straight. And for all of you putting down Anthony's wife, you really need to back off. SHe has every right to defend her husband. I am sure all of you would defend your spouses also. Well, unless you are all perfect, which you are claiming to be. Chris Collins is just trying to make a name for himself. And he has... AS*HOLE!!!!

Since: Mar 08

Buffalo, NY

#468 Mar 6, 2008
'bout time, now maybe the drama will end too!
there's still alot of dead weight from the last administration though. let's hope this is just the beginning.

now maybe the health dept. should look into that rat infested grease pit of thiers on French Rd. and see what goes on from there
mikey

Buffalo, NY

#469 Mar 6, 2008
See what all the friends of these two guys caused...They just stirred the pot until there was no sympathy or backing down, but only making for enemies. You better shut your mouths beforw they go after the families next, ie. the wife's pizza joint.
Mike

Tonawanda, NY

#470 Mar 6, 2008
Do you think this would be tolerated in the "real world"? County employees in a bar at working hours looks improper no matter what.(unless you are an inspector or somthing)

There is no excuse and they should be suspended without pay at least but termination would send a stronger message that this will NOT be tolerated at taxpayers expence.
former buffalonian

United States

#471 Mar 6, 2008
typical erie county/buffalo city worker
Observer

Windham, ME

#472 Mar 6, 2008
Chuck wrote:
Lets not forget about the Delano days. Yes can them take a stand Great Job Luke Moretti.
I AGREE1 Great job LUKE! Now the county and the city needs to set up a tip line for government employee abuse. We might even catch some Erie County Water workers checking out some bars.WGRZ SHAME on you for not carrying this story,just like the ECMC AUDIT.
dennis r r

Buffalo, NY

#473 Mar 6, 2008
see i told you u had better look at all aspects of the police and city and county there is a lot going on it is buffalo at it best but if u dont belive me go look around at your parks and while u are doing that look around the out scerts of the city
if u dare
dennis r r

Buffalo, NY

#474 Mar 6, 2008
the people envolved are thugs and that is why our city is the way it is look at it it is changing but if the police and county dont clean things up what is all it worth
nothing
dlklever1961

Erie, PA

#475 Mar 6, 2008
I believe everyone messes up at work from time to time. Were they drinking? Maybe they were taking thier breaks they do get regular breaks right? They shouldn't have been terminated, however if anything maybe suspened for a week without pay. You mean to tell me every city offical never goes into a place while on duty?
Debbie from Lancaster

Buffalo, NY

#476 Mar 6, 2008
I commend Chris Collins in regards to the firing of two County workers. Too often we see county workers being where they should not be on the clock. I myself have never reported anything thinking it was useless. Different story now that Chris Collins is in office. I am sick and tired of paying top dollar for government workers that abuse the system.
Elizabeth

Buffalo, NY

#477 Mar 6, 2008
If the story told by the workers is true, i do not find that event as worthy of termination! Does everyone know the extent of government employees doing a lot more serious slacking on our dollar, esp the UNIFIED COURT SYSTEM, WHERE IT APPEARS NO ONE ADDRESSES WHAT THEY VIOLATE IN THE THIS TOWN....DUE TO FEAR OF THE COURT'S CRIMINAL RETALIATION WITH EXPOSURE OF THEIR COMINGS AND GOINGS AND ACTIONS IN GENERAL! I believe that COLLIN'S new administration should have given them a warning while allowing all his employees time to adjust to the NEW AND NEEDED RULES AND REGULATIONS!We must address all government employees, city, state and county, universally!I must register this ruling as unfair...COLLINS must adjust to how government has been running in BUFFALO forever and fairly implement his changes!
Debbie from Lancaster

Buffalo, NY

#479 Mar 6, 2008
I hope the next investigation involves County workers who purposely knock down mailboxes on county roads while snow plowing. They do so to ensure more overtime. Mailboxes ALWAYS replaced on the weekends.....
One of our neighbors is a county worker and admitted to above.
Dave from UB

Buffalo, NY

#480 Mar 6, 2008
That kind of thing goes on everyday at UB, and their state workers. if taxpayers only knew the half of it...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buffalo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Will Trump be impeached by the end of the year? 28 min Greg 5
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 1 hr mexico 20,848
News Tom Bauerle Goes Full Wingnut (Jul '09) 2 hr Alltheway32 37
Why are African-Americans disliked so much? 2 hr scotty steiner 32
25th amendment for schumer? 7 hr Night Heat 2
What's big deal over Trump liking Poutine? 11 hr Hashtag LYINTRUMP 1
When dating a Colombian man, what are some info... (Sep '13) 15 hr maddie D 31

Buffalo Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Buffalo Mortgages