Two County Workers Doing Something Ot...

Two County Workers Doing Something Other Than Their Job While o...

There are 554 comments on the WIVB Buffalo story from Feb 15, 2008, titled Two County Workers Doing Something Other Than Their Job While o.... In it, WIVB Buffalo reports that:

Chris Collins, R-Erie County Executive, "In the private sector I'd fire them." County Executive Chris Collins says it began with a phone tip.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WIVB Buffalo.

First Prev
of 28
Next Last
LLW

United States

#1 Feb 15, 2008
I feel that if the bar was not open for business then, they should not be disciplined; also it was not indicated if they were even drinking.
Previous County Worker

Venus, PA

#2 Feb 15, 2008
I think it is about time that we have someone like Chris Collins in the County office. I used to work there and was laid off in that big 2005 layoff. I was laid off twice in a mont's time due to the seniority of other workers. Many of the workers who had been there for years got away with many things incuding sleeping at their desks for most of the day. There were many workers that would go to bars (especialy on lunches) and no one would care that they had to deal with the public when they got back. It is time that they scrutinize these workers and bring in hard workers who want and need to work hard (without laying them off because someone else who doesn't care gets to keep their job).
Joels Buddies

Tonawanda, NY

#3 Feb 15, 2008
These are Joel's left over's. Check out these guy's back ground's, and then tell us why one of them was working in the park's where children go.It should shock a lot of people!
Anonymous

Buffalo, NY

#4 Feb 15, 2008
Upon hearing this news story while eating dinner tonight, I was shocked to hear that my cousin, Anthony Syracuse, a dedicated, hard working, responsible person would be scrutinized for his actions while on duty for the county. I am a strong supporter of Chris Collins and a firm believer that Erie County is in desperate need of change and reformation, however, I personally know many Erie County employees and feel that with everything we hear on the news, this incident is not worthy of investigation. It is not comparable to the many positions in this county government that have spewed "abuse" and have cost us tax payers unspeakable amounts of money. Concentrate on frequent offenders...not the little guys!
scott dunlap

United States

#5 Feb 15, 2008
excuse's excuse's,i think this is a perfect time for chris collins, to start cleaning up the erie county goverment.
csea worker

Buffalo, NY

#6 Feb 15, 2008
These 2 jokers are leftovers from Giambra adm.This sort of activity was commonplace for all 8 yrs. he was CE..!There was absolutely no accountability during that time for those that came in with the Giambra "crew".If you were "connected" you had a free ride.!! A free-for-all on a daily basis.The public has no idea of the vast waste,corruption and incompetence that took place.!! Long time county workers now hope that these useless empolyees(cannot call them workers)will be dealt with appropriately:TERMINATION..!!! with forfit of all benefits..!! IT'S LONG OVERDUE..!!
very nearby neighbor

Littleton, NH

#8 Feb 15, 2008
i have observed the blue county park vehicles at the bar on a regular basis. at lunch time,,, early mornings,,,,,, even near the end of the afternoons,,,, sometimes their at the bar for over an hour,,,,,,, i have seen palumbo there more than anthony,,,,,, sometimes they stop and take out the garbage,,,,,, then return later to take the cans back in. the county vans were there dozens of times. just go around and ask some of the neighbors around that bar. also,, not to mention the crack and maijuana being smoked there outside on the patio.
buffalo

Ellsworth, ME

#9 Feb 15, 2008
Ive been at the bar several times and there are never drugs in that bar and never seen anything illegal you people really need to get a life
buffalo

Ellsworth, ME

#10 Feb 15, 2008
All you people leaving negative comments we all know your jealous
BOB GR IS

Oakland, CA

#13 Feb 15, 2008
WELL DONE FIRE THE BUMS AND TO THE JUGHEADS THAT THINK IT'S O.K TO STEAL FROM THE TAX PAYERS.STAY IN LOCKPORT
buffalo

Buffalo, NY

#14 Feb 15, 2008
To buffalo from Lockport, NY, everyone who knows Dennis from the neighborhood knows he's been on crack, cocaine, pot and Lord knows what else. His favorite line is "Dude, can you hook me up"?
If you read carefully, the "very nearby neighbor" wrote that drugs were being used OUTSIDE the bar on the patio. Paulie's old bar was taken away from him for drug sales. Do you think he's stupid enough to do it again inside the bar...at his age?
This investigation should go a hell of a lot deeper. And, as opposed to someone who needs to spend so much time in a bar...I DO have a life.
Psychizombie

Dimondale, MI

#15 Feb 16, 2008
OH !!! Brothers of Sy-excuse !!! but I think Joel Giambra's backups of do nothing!!! Don't mess that !!!! Beware of taxpayers will be aware of that situation and set up the court date etc etc and bring bandwagon on that street DA DA DA !!!
jay

Lancaster, NY

#16 Feb 16, 2008
There are alot of jealous people out there.The nearby neighbor.
Concerned Taxpayer

AOL

#17 Feb 16, 2008
There is a lot of this going in around in government jobs not just county ones. Look into this and don't be surprised to find out why they were really there. There needs to be accountability. Too many years of government workers being allowed to do what they want. Of course they are going to come up with some excuse as why they are there, it's called covering ones butt. This whole situation needs more investigation as well as the vast blatant abuse in government jobs.
greg

Lancaster, NY

#18 Feb 16, 2008
NOW NOW take it easy take it easy whats the hurry.
Retired NFTA

Buffalo, NY

#19 Feb 16, 2008
This kind of activity goes on in the NFTA but when the culprits are caught the union protects them along with the cocaine user union offical at the fuel farm at BNIA. He had to be removed from the field labor day weekend 2006.
Whistle blowers are fired. The cocaine user, addict remains on the job. Good luck Chris Collins. The real organized crime are the GOVT Unions
ceh

Buffalo, NY

#20 Feb 16, 2008
Kudos Chris COllins. If they were driving by and the lights were on and they thought someone was robbing the place then why didnt they call the police. Bad excuse guys. You have to be better liars then that.
Jackie

AOL

#21 Feb 16, 2008
How many burglars put the lights on when they're robbing a place.
from buffalo

Tonawanda, NY

#22 Feb 16, 2008
totally agree with last comment. they do need to be fired clean up the county
hillary

Buffalo, NY

#23 Feb 16, 2008
previous worker:
sound a little bitter? many of us have years of seniority with the county and still work our asses off. don't make that generalized comment. there are good and bad everywhere.
chris collins is not willing to do anything except cut and pilage like he did his other companies.
i have over 1700 cases....if i didn't do my job, those that i service would not get the benefit my department provides.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 28
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buffalo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 1 hr Trumptanic 21,667
News College Connections program benefits students (Mar '14) 17 hr School 2
News Amherst man sentenced for assaulting new-born baby (Jul '08) Sat Creeper 46
Belmont management apartments (Oct '17) Fri Bear rx 17
Review: Fantasy Entertainment (Aug '08) Fri anonymous 2
News Cities ranked on fruit and vegetable consumption Thu Kim Sanzone 1
News Christian Women hold luncheon May 17 Freddy 2

Buffalo Jobs

Personal Finance

Buffalo Mortgages