George W Bush Presidential Library opens
Curious

Lancaster, NY

#42 Apr 26, 2013
FFS- wrote:
<quoted text>IN NO WAY DOES ANY OF THAT SUPPORT YOUR CLAIM!
All you have done is repeat mindless conservative talking points that have no basis in fact whatsoever! YOU HAVE YET TO PROVE THAT LIBERALS HATE PERSONAL SUCCESS. The reason is because you are not able to do so!
Liberal do support social programs....but NOBODY has asked for more and more programs!
Converesly, conservatives want to END social programs, thereby placing a barrier to personal success! Your point is dead right there! Conservatives HATE personal success and block any assistance to achieve it!
Red states are poor because they follow your failed ideology! THe poorest states in the US are RED states. THe WEALTHIEST are Liberal! WHY? Because liberal states assist people in getting ahead!
Get back to me when you want to use facts! Talking point pukers are a dime a dozen!
Go back to your own post #15 in this thread, please. Note your repeated use of the word "increase" and the implications of increase vis a vis taxes.
You seem to be getting all in a tizzy here. And something seems to have caused you caps lock button to stick, I think.
Can you manage to post without using the word "hate" or resorting to name calling? I have been nothing but civil throughout this rather one sided discussion. You, on the other hand, are acting like a petulant child.
Curious

Lancaster, NY

#43 Apr 26, 2013
FFS- wrote:
<quoted text>Why are you making a stupid assumption that being on unemployment means not looking? Again, anither hateful claim that cannot be supported!
Hate is all conservatives have! Its what you live on!
I will repeat my question. I asked you why 73 weeks of unemployment was not enough. You said liberals wanted to increase that. That is practically 18 months. How long do you realistically think those benefits should be extended?
Note my civility. I am not espousing hatred, I am asking you a question. How much longer than 73 weeks should we extend those benefits?

Since: Aug 10

Bethesda, MD

#44 Apr 26, 2013
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
That is what is known as a spurious correlation.
Taking a measure of "average" income by state has nothing to do with an individual's ability to achieve personal success.
OK, so how would you measure the ability to achieve personal success other than by measuring the population's income?

This is America, people with higher incomes are deemed more successful.

You still have no arguement! The facts prove you wrong. red states are poor. Liberal states are wealthy

Since: Aug 10

Bethesda, MD

#45 Apr 26, 2013
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
I will repeat my question. I asked you why 73 weeks of unemployment was not enough. You said liberals wanted to increase that. That is practically 18 months. How long do you realistically think those benefits should be extended?
Note my civility. I am not espousing hatred, I am asking you a question. How much longer than 73 weeks should we extend those benefits?
You Keep repeating a question...why? You cant even support our own.

Stop didgingand answer....HOW DO LIBERALS HINDER PERSONAL SUCCSS.

Dont give me stupid talking points...use facts simpleton!
Curious

Lancaster, NY

#46 Apr 26, 2013
FFS- wrote:
<quoted text>OK, so how would you measure the ability to achieve personal success other than by measuring the population's income?
This is America, people with higher incomes are deemed more successful.
You still have no arguement! The facts prove you wrong. red states are poor. Liberal states are wealthy
So NYS median household income is just shy of $60k. What does that have to do with my personal success? Or your, for that matter? My personal success is just that, it's personal. Has nothing to do with the rest of the state. As a liberal you want to put us all in the same boat. But we are all individuals.
If I moved to Alabama tomorrow, I would still be highly successful.
Perhaps you should look up "spurious correlation"
Curious

Lancaster, NY

#47 Apr 26, 2013
FFS- wrote:
<quoted text>You Keep repeating a question...why? You cant even support our own.
Stop didgingand answer....HOW DO LIBERALS HINDER PERSONAL SUCCSS.
Dont give me stupid talking points...use facts simpleton!
My original question was "why are liberals so against individual success". Why must they continually attempt to level the playing field by punitively assessing the more fiscally successful members of society with outrageous tax burdens to fund ever increasingly large and expensive social programs? Programs that have not been demonstrated to be successful?
Please unstick your caps lock and engage in civil discourse. Your ranting and name calling is very immature

Since: Aug 10

Bethesda, MD

#48 Apr 26, 2013
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
So NYS median household income is just shy of $60k. What does that have to do with my personal success? Or your, for that matter? My personal success is just that, it's personal. Has nothing to do with the rest of the state. As a liberal you want to put us all in the same boat. But we are all individuals.
If I moved to Alabama tomorrow, I would still be highly successful.
Perhaps you should look up "spurious correlation"
LOl, keep dancing son!

Its quite simple, CONSERVATIVE POLICY BLOCKS PERSONAL SUCCESS

States MOST RELIANT ON FEDERAL ASSISTANCE:
The report shows that of the 32 states (and the District of Columbia) that are "winners" -- receiving more in federal spending than they pay in federal taxes -- 76% are Red States that voted for George Bush in 2000. Indeed, 17 of the 20 (85%) states receiving the most federal spending per dollar of federal taxes paid are Red States. Here are the Top 10 states that feed at the federal trough (with Red States highlighted in bold):

States Receiving Most in Federal Spending Per Dollar of Federal Taxes Paid:

1. D.C.($6.17)
2. North Dakota ($2.03)
3. New Mexico ($1.89)
4. Mississippi ($1.84)
5. Alaska ($1.82)
6. West Virginia ($1.74)
7. Montana ($1.64)
8. Alabama ($1.61)
9. South Dakota ($1.59)
10. Arkansas ($1.53)

Again......RED RED RED

You'ld think all these conservative policies in red states would ave them at the bottom of te federal aid list....yet theyre all at the top?

Consrvatism is works on hatred, the economy does not!
Curious

Lancaster, NY

#49 Apr 26, 2013
You are desperate for facts, well, let's discuss the failure of LBJ's War on Poverty....that would be a great starting point. Can you discuss this civilly?

Since: Aug 10

Bethesda, MD

#50 Apr 26, 2013
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
My original question was "why are liberals so against individual success"
Clearly the answer is that liberal SUPPORT personal success. I have repeated asked how liberals are blocking personall success...and youre still unable to answer.

Honestly, try college. Start with Economics 101!

Since: Aug 10

Bethesda, MD

#51 Apr 26, 2013
Curious wrote:
You are desperate for facts, well, let's discuss the failure of LBJ's War on Poverty....that would be a great starting point. Can you discuss this civilly?
LOL "Im losing....hurry hurry change the topic"

Like i didnt see that coming

Wasnt it you who said to "Stay on Point"

Conservatiev ADD is hilarious!

Since: Aug 10

Bethesda, MD

#52 Apr 26, 2013
Curious wrote:
Do you have a job? All you do is post the same hate filled garbage on Topix all day long. Over and over and over and over again.
And yes, I know what comes next... Minions, can't stop following me, conservative are stupid. Try this one on for size...."I am a One Trick Pony"
Get some sort of life.
Ahh ye....back to your first post.

Now tell me again....who started with the insults and nme calling?

Ohhh righhhht...you dont like truth being a conservative@

Since: Aug 10

Bethesda, MD

#53 Apr 26, 2013
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
The number of posts you make is right under your name. And your registered name is all over the place. I just wish you would shut up.
Your second post..also very "mature"

HAHAHHAHAHAH

Since: Aug 10

Bethesda, MD

#54 Apr 26, 2013
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
So you avoided the question about whether or not you have a job. I'll take that as a "no." That explains how you have so much time on your hands. Also explains why you are such a vocal liberal. You are a beneficiary of many entitlements paid for by "working people." Got it.
I'm happy to discuss a real topic with you. Let's start with "why are liberals so against individual success?" I'll start. I believe that many liberals (not all) chant the liberal mantra because they are NOT individually successful, therefore they want government to level the playing field for them.
Your turn.
Again, such an intlligent and friendly opening to a disciussion

Stop trying to play the higher ground. youre losing miserably there too!
Curious

Lancaster, NY

#55 Apr 26, 2013
FFS- wrote:
<quoted text>LOL "Im losing....hurry hurry change the topic"
Like i didnt see that coming
Wasnt it you who said to "Stay on Point"
Conservatiev ADD is hilarious!
Please refer back to post #47. Saves me from re-typing.
I'm still on point here.
You want to continue to grow social programs with no proven track record. Programs that do not "fix" anything. All they do is increase taxes on the more financially successful individuals in our society. The War on Poverty is an excellent example of a societal experiment that certainly did not work out. Untold billions of tax dollars.
Still here and on point. Liberals want to punish successful individuals by confiscatory policies aimed at leveling the playing field.
Curious

Lancaster, NY

#56 Apr 26, 2013
FFS- wrote:
<quoted text>Your second post..also very "mature"
HAHAHHAHAHAH
Look at how this has played out. I took the high road after that in an attempt to have a discussion with you. A true conversation. Realizing that as i did so we would figure out where all the hate and venom comes from. I have been constantly civil throughout my attempts to discuss with you. You have not been.
Look through all of the posts, you will see.

Since: Aug 10

Bethesda, MD

#57 Apr 26, 2013
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Please refer back to post #47. Saves me from re-typing.
I'm still on point here.
You want to continue to grow social programs with no proven track record. Programs that do not "fix" anything. All they do is increase taxes on the more financially successful individuals in our society. The War on Poverty is an excellent example of a societal experiment that certainly did not work out. Untold billions of tax dollars.
Still here and on point. Liberals want to punish successful individuals by confiscatory policies aimed at leveling the playing field.
No , Liberals want to help out hard working people. I pay 38% in federal income tax, so should anyone else who earns as much or more than i do@

Tax cuts for the wealthy are a proven failure by the cirrent economy. tax rates for the wealthy have never been lower, and we have a recession as a direct result

Stop working off talking points a research BEFORE you post!
Curious

Lancaster, NY

#58 Apr 26, 2013
FFS- wrote:
<quoted text>Again, such an intlligent and friendly opening to a disciussion
Stop trying to play the higher ground. youre losing miserably there too!
Yup. Second paragraph, I asked you to start a conversation. From that point forward I have attempted to draw out your thoughts and opinions and you continue with attacks and heated rhetoric. But I have remained steadfast and calm.
Why do liberals want to punish those in our society who have achieved individual success by forcing them to fund social programs with no proven track record?

Since: Aug 10

Bethesda, MD

#59 Apr 26, 2013
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Look at how this has played out. I took the high road after that in an attempt to have a discussion with you. A true conversation. Realizing that as i did so we would figure out where all the hate and venom comes from. I have been constantly civil throughout my attempts to discuss with you. You have not been.
Look through all of the posts, you will see.
Thats garbage and you know it. Your first post says it all.

you came here to whine at me and about me, and thats all you have done so far!
lifeeee coacheeeeee

San Jose, CA

#60 Apr 26, 2013
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup. Second paragraph, I asked you to start a conversation. From that point forward I have attempted to draw out your thoughts and opinions and you continue with attacks and heated rhetoric. But I have remained steadfast and calm.
Why do liberals want to punish those in our society who have achieved individual success by forcing them to fund social programs with no proven track record?
you are making somewhat of an ass of yourself you know?
Curious

Lancaster, NY

#61 Apr 26, 2013
Hardly!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buffalo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gay Skype Fun (Aug '15) 1 hr freshmanbottom98 36
Philip Litten 1 hr test 3
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 18 hr Thomas 7233 20,965
Only homosexual men study Library Science Thu Marti 37
Do asians think all white people look alike?? (Feb '09) Tue Lin Kim 162
Is Buffalo A Racist City? Jul 18 lol 25
Left-Handers and Rh Negative, Connection ??? (Feb '12) Jul 17 Melanie 4

Buffalo Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Buffalo Mortgages