Cambridge Avenue Shooting Victim Dies...

Cambridge Avenue Shooting Victim Dies at ECMC

There are 25 comments on the WGRZ-TV Buffalo story from Oct 6, 2013, titled Cambridge Avenue Shooting Victim Dies at ECMC. In it, WGRZ-TV Buffalo reports that:

Rashad M. Patton, 30, of Buffalo, has died of injuries he suffered in a drive-by shooting that happened Saturday afternoon on Cambridge Avenue.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGRZ-TV Buffalo.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
factcheck

New London, CT

#2 Oct 7, 2013
What a relief! For a moment I thought that was the road just off NFB where the UB profs live.

No this was just in the hood like normal. Shouldn't even make the news. Not going to stop until the BF restores itself. This isn't about drugs it's about lack of family. They use the original form of dispute settlement. Primordial indeed. No brain cells required.
factcheck

New London, CT

#4 Oct 7, 2013
Lacrosse Coachhh wrote:
<quoted text>
Very few of these shootings are because of disputes involving insults, domestic situations, the last swig of Mad Dog 20/20 or other underclass dispute resolution.
Over 90% of these shootings are because of illegal drug business disputes-somebody owing somebody money...somebody informing about drug activities...stealing customers, etc. Leg shotsusually have nothing to do with poor marksmanship. When one of these idiots get shot in the leg, it means he was given some dope to sell and he was expected to bring back a cerain amout of money and he didn't do it because he either stole it himself, somebody else stole it from him, the police seized it, or whatever. If they kill the guy, they will never get there money back. If they shoot him in the leg, he can have his a$$ back on that corner on his crutches hustling to pay back that money. I think it's funny when I see a slinger on crutches.
Legalize the drugs...ALL the drugs...Sell them in liquor stores...The homicide rate will drop by 90%
But do you really want the homicide rate to drop? It doesn't matter to me. There was a homicide over the weekend less than a mile from my house this past weekend. The guy was no friend or relative of mine. Nobody is trying to come to my house to kill me or my family because I don't buy or sell drugs
You must have never lived amongst these people because it appears you are lacking an understanding of the basics. As you claim to be a socio(path)logist you should know that without controls enforced by society that man decends into an earlier more savage stage. On average these people, living in the absence of families and a general disrespect for law and order, are closer to that condition. Call me a name <bang!>. Look at me the wrong way <bang!>. Touch my girl (who is actually your girl but she is playing multiple men) <bang!>. No drug transactions required, but often under the influence. True there are criminal elements in some cases, but most are crimes of "passion" or raw resposne. Nothing to do with drug trade hits. I have witnessed this behavior first hand. I know you have read a lot of "books", but that isn't the reality on the street. On the street you cheat someone out of a dollar or take an extra sip from the malt liquor bottle out of turn and you could wind up 6 feet down.
factcheck

New London, CT

#5 Oct 7, 2013
fyi...everyone knows that preferred beverages are st ides and olde english....maddog ha!

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#7 Oct 7, 2013
factcheck wrote:
<quoted text>
You must have never lived amongst these people because it appears you are lacking an understanding of the basics. As you claim to be a socio(path)logist you should know that without controls enforced by society that man decends into an earlier more savage stage. On average these people, living in the absence of families and a general disrespect for law and order, are closer to that condition. Call me a name <bang!>. Look at me the wrong way <bang!>. Touch my girl (who is actually your girl but she is playing multiple men) <bang!>. No drug transactions required, but often under the influence. True there are criminal elements in some cases, but most are crimes of "passion" or raw resposne. Nothing to do with drug trade hits. I have witnessed this behavior first hand. I know you have read a lot of "books", but that isn't the reality on the street. On the street you cheat someone out of a dollar or take an extra sip from the malt liquor bottle out of turn and you could wind up 6 feet down.
Outstanding and factual post!
Buck Rohde

Buffalo, NY

#8 Oct 7, 2013
factcheck wrote:
fyi...everyone knows that preferred beverages are st ides and olde english....maddog ha!
I perfer Colt45 and Olde English 800 is a close 2nd.
factcheck

New London, CT

#10 Oct 7, 2013
Lacrosse Coachhh wrote:
<quoted text>
You know better than that, Neocon. You just refuse to admit that legalizing drugs would greatly reduce homicides because you would lose your overtime.
Heck, if you legalized drugs, you could lay off half the police department and close half the prisons
Interesting that the drugs are illegal in Europe and so are the demographics. Interesting that the homicide rates are so vastly different. Maybe it is the demographics? Seems to be the case when you look at the USA in a regional sense. In fact the correlation is indisputable, except to liberals.
factcheck

New London, CT

#12 Oct 7, 2013
Lacrosse Coachhh wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said the demographics didn't play a big part
And their is no "drug war" in Europe. Illegal drug violations are treated more or less like removing a tag off a mattress
You didn't do that did you? Remove the tag?

OK, but let's face it the locations of the "crops" that produce the drugs are well known to the good people and governments of mexico and SA. The system is corrupt and the cartels pay everyone off. Those that complain are dealt with and the officials get paid off again. Aside from being harmful, drugs are addictive and that is why they command such dollars. Addicts will do just about anything for more candy. It's not a matter of supply and demand. Never heard of a druggie saying that it is hard to find a dealer. The price is set using extortive economic principles. Everyone wants to point the finger at the US. We've got plenty of people that can be spared without harming our society as a whole. The only reason that we hear about shootings and this and that is because of the digital age. We are right next door to the source so of course it gets more attention. That's why the Brits established their drug supply on the other side of the world. Look it up.

Europe can't have a war on drugs any way. When is the last time they fought a war without a US bailout?

Location hidden

#13 Oct 7, 2013
Lacrosse Coachhh wrote:
<quoted text>
You know better than that, Neocon. You just refuse to admit that legalizing drugs would greatly reduce homicides because you would lose your overtime.
Heck, if you legalized drugs, you could lay off half the police department and close half the prisons
You still don't get the point. If drugs are legalized and sold in "drug stores" there will be a black market to sell them on the street undercutting the "legal" prices. So the only people going to the "legal" drug stores would be the ones who could afford the jacked up government taxed prices. The ones who can't will stick to the cheaper black market street prices and that's where the violence is at the present.
factcheck

New London, CT

#16 Oct 7, 2013
Lacrosse Coachhh wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so right. That is why there are so many "moonshiners" operating all over the United States. And all those people who smuggle cheap cigarettes in UHauls from southern states to NY are always involved in gunplay. I get a kick out of the way the ATF wastes their time on these cigarette smugglers. Tax collectors is all they are. And don't forget all of the violence that erupts from people smuggling cigarettes into Canada.
My brand of vodka costs $12.40 for a half gallon. I think I will riding around the ghetto at 3AM to see if I can bye the untaxed version for $10.50. If vodka was again made illegal, that half gallon would cost me $50.00, and it might make me go blind
Really? So you don't see in the news on a regular basis the hop heads going into CVS and killing everyone in the store so they can rob the opiods? You do read the news yes or watch TV? In that case instead of a group of hoodlums going down it is the law abiding citizen. So you want the crime to increase in CVS? Oh and by the way the criminals are stealing legal, taxed drugs. In the process they are murdering men women and children who have nothing to do with illegal drug trade.
factcheck

New London, CT

#18 Oct 8, 2013
Lacrosse Coachhh wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, occasionally some pitiful opium addict will get desperate and rob a pharmacy because his multiple doctors have cut off his prescriptions. If they were rich like Rush Limbaugh or Michael Jackson, they could pay big bucks to have doctors risk their licenses by prescribing all the drugs they want.
If these addicts could just walk into a liquor store and buy their opioids at the liquor store, they could get them easy and cheap and nobody would get hurt. My daughter used to have a job at a university LEGALLY growing pharmaceutical grade opium for medical research. It's not hard to grow in a greenhouse, and we would no longer have a reason to fight in Afghanistan. Put that "War on Drugs" money into rehab programs for the few addicts who really want to get off the stuff. Make these DEA agents stop pisssing in the wind and do some real police work
Better to see street crud take the bullet than little Tommy in the toy aisle. Your assessment is in error because these pharmacy jobs are organized crime gigs, not just some scuzzball that needs to get high. The typical heroin addict does not have a gun because had they ever they would have traded it for a few hits of mexican brown.

Read some history books. We had unrestricted opium use in this country (as well as many other drugs that you think are so harmless) and it was a total disaster. You want to see that return (and why not just apply the same easing to designer drugs too)? Guess that makes sense in a way because the population and longevity would decrease. That would be an answer to your global warming prayers and reduce stress on social security too.
factcheck

New London, CT

#20 Oct 8, 2013
Lacrosse Coachhh wrote:
<quoted text>
You are missing the point. Heroin and other opiates are expensive because they are ILLEGAL. That is why people are committing crimes to get them. People rarely shoot people to obtain, coffee, cigarettes and liquor, although I will admit that Starbucks crap is way over-priced
No. It has always happened. Homicide has been occurring for millions of years in case you didn't realize. You are just trying to pin it all on the fact that drugs are illegal. Also, the record keeping is much better today plus it is less likely that someone will be determined to have died by accident when it was not.

I would bet that there is more road rage and serious motor traffic injuries because of the morning dunkin donuts coffee idiots than all forms of violent crime from any other drug.

Location hidden

#23 Oct 8, 2013
Lacrosse Coachhh wrote:
http://www.leap.cc/watch-a-vid eo/
This says it all
No. That doesn't say it all. You have a bunch of old timers who haven't worked the job in decades giving their outdated opinion. You know what they say about opinion!

Location hidden

#25 Oct 8, 2013
Lacrosse Coachhh wrote:
<quoted text>
So, what has really changed?
What has really changed since alcohol prohibition
More people have been killed in alcohol related incidences since the end of prohibition then during the Al Capone days of prohibition.

Do you truly think street violence will come to a screeching halt if drugs are legalized???
factcheck

New London, CT

#26 Oct 8, 2013
Crime rates (execept homicide) rose sharply with the coinciding civil rights movement and drug culture. Well before the big money in drugs showed up the trend wash already established. Since Bush I's term in office crime has been on decline whilst illegal drug costs and punishment of drug offenses have increased. Looks like the drug war may be working after all?
Church Lady

Buffalo, NY

#27 Oct 8, 2013
So sorry to hear. God bless you.
factcheck

New London, CT

#28 Oct 8, 2013
Church Lady wrote:
So sorry to hear. God bless you.
Could it be...SATAN?

Location hidden

#36 Oct 8, 2013
So how much weed to you smoke?

Location hidden

#39 Oct 8, 2013
So then why are you so insistent on legalizing marihuana now???

I have had numerous teeth pulled. I was given Rxs for various pain killers. I never filled them. I stuck with Tylenol and only if I needed it.

I tried marihuana once back in the early 70s. Didn't do much for me. I don't know if it was a low grade or maybe I just wasn't doing it the way it was supposed to be done. Never tried it again.

Location hidden

#42 Oct 9, 2013
Voice of Genius wrote:
<quoted text>
Allow me to interject my usual uninformed opinion here.
Drugs keep people stupid. Tbird is a perfect example
Drugs keep people occupied.
Drugs keep people employed.(Neo, Coach and myself)
The government has no desire to stop drug use or traffic.
Everytime a dealer buys a BMW or Mercedes they pay a huge sales tax.(Then the government seizes the car in a raid) Great plan!
Drug dealers spend a lot of money and pay a lot of sales tax.
Drugs have been berry berry (Yes Wally I know itis spelled wrong, but you were to busy getting high while I was watching Saturday Night Live and saw the Garrett Morris Baseball parody)good to the American people.
Most crime is cause by sex, drugs (alcohol included) and rock and roll.
It is very simple.
Duh....I think that was the whole point of my post #37!

Location hidden

#44 Oct 9, 2013
Voice of Genius wrote:
<quoted text>
I generally refrain from reading the details of your posts after I realize you copied and pasted it from someone else's blog.
I am trying to educate you. Not my fault if you insist on continuing your ignorance. Did they teach you that at Glynco or Charleston?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buffalo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Buffalo Is Among The Worst Cities In America 3 hr Buck Rohde 13
The real deal about blacks 4 hr Buck Rohde 34
Ghetto assed names Thu Chimpaneeka Moore 48
Do Asians think all LIEF COACHES look alike? Wed Major Nadal Hassan 8
Wheres Ch.4's Nalina Shapiro ? (Dec '12) Jun 29 lol 20
News Jamestown Man Indicted In Conspiracy To Distrib... Jun 28 Hmmm 1
News Sheriff's Lieutenant behind bars (Feb '09) Jun 28 The truth 201

Buffalo Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance