FBI ranks Buffalo 11th in violent crime

FBI ranks Buffalo 11th in violent crime

Posted in the Buffalo Forum

What Will Byron Do

Rochester, NY

#1 Jun 22, 2013
http://www.wivb.com/dpp/news/buffalo/fbi-rank...

The latest numbers from the FBI are shining light on the Queen City's darker side.

The bureau's annual crime report says the City of Buffalo has the 11th worst violent crime rate of all major cities in America.

Last year, year there were 48 murders in the City of Good Neighbors, 138 forcible rapes, almost 1,400 robberies and more than 1,800 aggravated assaults.

Mayor Byron Brown says overall crime in the city has actually dropped by about 20 percent since 2005.

"Crime continues to fall. In fact, every month this year, crime is lower than the corresponding month last year. So that's good news for the City of Buffalo. And we're going to continue to work at it as hard and as smart as we possibly can," he assured.

The mayor also disputes the way the FBI reaches these rankings. He points out that Chicago didn't even make the top 25, even though there were more than 500 murders there last year.
What Will Byron Do

Rochester, NY

#2 Jun 22, 2013
Anyone care to take a stab at guessing why there is so much violence in the city?(no pun indended)

Since: Aug 10

Buffalo, NY

#4 Jun 22, 2013
Paula wrote:
I would love to take a stab at it but some might cry political incorrectness! How about we drive down to the Tops on Jefferson Ave and ask some of them?
paula Deen?
cliff

Buffalo, NY

#5 Jun 28, 2013
Mayor Erkel is so proud to finally be noticed

Since: Aug 10

Buffalo, NY

#7 Jun 28, 2013
cliff wrote:
Mayor Erkel is so proud to finally be noticed
Its bad enough that topix is filled withlimbaugh lemmings.....do you really need to repeat sandy beach too?
cliff

Buffalo, NY

#8 Jun 28, 2013
...who's sandy beach?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buffalo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 1 hr Samuel-7g-Jackson 20,089
i wrote an article regarding buffalo's mob problem (Oct '12) 4 hr Buck Rohde 21
Dicks Tattoo Shop (May '11) 8 hr Lou 24
News Hochul calls Buffalo's economic growth a model ... 8 hr Seriously 18
Tom Connolly WBEN Radio 9 hr The Enforcer 56
24th Anniversary of the John Justice murders in... (Sep '09) 17 hr Danny 31
JZ in KT 21 hr Hmmm 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Buffalo Mortgages