Yankeefan2009

Matawan, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2010

AMHERST, NY - For a second straight week Amherst Police were called to Frightworld on Sheridan Drive, to break up fights involving large groups of teenagers in the parking lot.

Saturday night 40 people were involved in one brawl alone.

Captain Stephen McGonagles says say one person was taken to the hospital.

"A girl had gone to Sister's Hospital to report a head injury," McGonagles said. "She reported she was struck in the head with what she believes to be a handgun."

Police say they never found a gun, but recovered a knife at the scene.

As families arrived Sunday night for some ghoulish fun, Frightworld General Manager, Stephen Szortyka, had to turn them away.

He says the popular Halloween attraction will stay closed until Tuesday night.

"It was a decision that had to be made unfortunately," Szortyka said.

For the next two days, Szortyka will meet with Amherst Police to focus on public safety policies.

"Safety is our number one priority" Szortyka says. "I train my management team. Their number one focus is to make sure that all of the ticket takers, and make sure all of our front customer facing actors as well as our employees are safe and secure."

Amherst Police say Frightworld is cooperating with their recommendations, and helping to keep their customers safe.

"From last week to this week they tripled security which has consisted of off duty police officers." Captain McGonagles goes on to say, "They've made modifications to the lighting inside Frightworld."

This extra safety measure is aimed at giving police officers a better view of the crowds, and helping keep things under control when Frightworld re-opens its doors again.

Szortyka hoping things get back to "normal," and customers will return to a popluar attraction that's been open the past 9 years.

"We hope that you know they come back next weekend you know. Starting on Thursday October 14th, we're going to be open every single night."

Amherst Police say they will increase their patrols in and around the area of Frightworld starting Tuesday night.

The girl that was taken to the hospital has since been released, after receiving a few stitches to her head.

http://www.wgrz.com/news/local/story.aspx...
ron mexico

Hamburg, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2010

WOW i wonder what color the kids r that started it!!!!!
haters

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2010

What difference does that make? Everyone's blood runs red.
Really

Tonawanda, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2010

Judged:

haters wrote:
Point is, "those people" are ruining everything for the civilized people.
W1488PF

Lockport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2010

haters wrote:
It makes a BIG difference. If not for roving packs of animals there would be no bloodshed at all.
This is no surprise. It is TBNB - Typical Buffalo Negro Behavior. From the shootings at the $1.50 movies, to the brawls at the Galleria, to the Chippewa sitiation, to City Grille, to the nightly shootings and murders - this is no surprise whatsoever.
I don't know how the blacks in other cities act, but the Buffalo negroes are animals.
Seen it all

Anonymous Proxy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2010

Just a bunch of wannabe thugs up there in Buffalo. Come on down here and see what real gangs are.
champ

Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2010

F'n animals. Time for a race war.
mingo

Lockport, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2010

Yankeefan2009 wrote:
AMHERST, NY - For a second straight week Amherst Police were called to Frightworld on Sheridan Drive, to break up fights involving large groups of teenagers in the parking lot.
Saturday night 40 people were involved in one brawl alone.
Captain Stephen McGonagles says say one person was taken to the hospital.
"A girl had gone to Sister's Hospital to report a head injury," McGonagles said. "She reported she was struck in the head with what she believes to be a handgun."
Police say they never found a gun, but recovered a knife at the scene.
As families arrived Sunday night for some ghoulish fun, Frightworld General Manager, Stephen Szortyka, had to turn them away.
He says the popular Halloween attraction will stay closed until Tuesday night.
"It was a decision that had to be made unfortunately," Szortyka said.
For the next two days, Szortyka will meet with Amherst Police to focus on public safety policies.
"Safety is our number one priority" Szortyka says. "I train my management team. Their number one focus is to make sure that all of the ticket takers, and make sure all of our front customer facing actors as well as our employees are safe and secure."
Amherst Police say Frightworld is cooperating with their recommendations, and helping to keep their customers safe.
"From last week to this week they tripled security which has consisted of off duty police officers." Captain McGonagles goes on to say, "They've made modifications to the lighting inside Frightworld."
This extra safety measure is aimed at giving police officers a better view of the crowds, and helping keep things under control when Frightworld re-opens its doors again.
Szortyka hoping things get back to "normal," and customers will return to a popluar attraction that's been open the past 9 years.
"We hope that you know they come back next weekend you know. Starting on Thursday October 14th, we're going to be open every single night."
Amherst Police say they will increase their patrols in and around the area of Frightworld starting Tuesday night.
The girl that was taken to the hospital has since been released, after receiving a few stitches to her head.
http://www.wgrz.com/news/local/story.aspx...
whu kayres
Yankeefan2009

Matawan, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2010

mingo wrote:
whu kayres
The people who drove 2 hours, only to discover the apes ruined it for them.

http://www.wkbw.com/home/-Fright-World-Turns-...
ghostbuster

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2010

They're going to reopen on Thursday and will be open daily thereafter
FINN

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2010

Judged:

Give the buck negros a greasy italian girl an they calm right down. Like Italian fest.
Life Coach

Wayne, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2010

The guy who runs this place is probably making big bucks by charging admission to retards who want to watch minimum wage retards jump out from behind trees with disabled chain saws to scare them

One group of retards decides to fight another bunch of retards and the retards who are not there looking for trouble get scared

This clown wants to meet with the Amherst Police and make it THEIR (and the taxpayers' problem)

When the Town of Amherst gave this idiot a permit to run his little shit show, there should have been a clause that he hired two off-duty Amherst cops to work security.

Now, he wants the on-duty Amherst Police to stop what they are doing to babysit his little shit show
tbird19482

Tonawanda, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2010

Judged:

Life Coach wrote:
When the Town of Amherst gave this idiot a permit to run his little shit show, there should have been a clause that he hired two off-duty Amherst cops to work security.
They already have off duty cops, nimrod. What they need is off duty Buffalo cops. Suburban cops aren't real cops and have been known to run from situations where their hair might get a little messed up.

Have a nice night.
Big Ted

Tonawanda, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2010

They are merely warming up for the annual Christmas Day Riot, which normally occurs at the Walden Galleria Cinema, or the N Buffalo Regal Cinema.
Uneducated

Fords, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2010

If you did your research, Frightworld uses Amherst Police Department as there security. Amherst Police are on site during all operating hours.

And the permit of this "Shit show" goes through the town, not the Police.

Clearly your uneducated.
Contractions_R_F un

Anonymous Proxy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2010

Uneducated wrote:
If you did your research, Frightworld uses Amherst Police Department as there security. Amherst Police are on site during all operating hours.
And the permit of this "Shit show" goes through the town, not the Police.
Clearly your uneducated.
Clearly "you're" uneducated, not "your"
just saying .....
Life Coach

Chesapeake, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2010

Contractions_R_Fun wrote:
<quoted text>
Clearly "you're" uneducated, not "your"
just saying .....
Pay attention
I already told him that
You must be a "Creeker"
king of op

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2010

noooo! black ppeople fighting at what is considered a family event/place ?
can't be true .
why would they do that ?
i forgot they are animals...sorry i forgot for a minute .
Contractions_R_F un

Anonymous Proxy

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 14, 2010

Life Coach wrote:
<quoted text>
Pay attention
I already told him that
You must be a "Creeker"
Haha! we must have posted at the same time. Didn't see your comment.

What's a "Creeker"? Do you mean "Creeper"? LOL
king of op

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 17, 2010

Life Coach wrote:
<quoted text>
I have reported your racist comments to the webmaster
i have reported your whinning to your mom .
now go sleep it off

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of35
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

31 Users are viewing the Buffalo Forum right now

Search the Buffalo Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Wally just can't: _____ 7 min tbird19482 7
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) 53 min Ha Ha 6,358
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 56 min Ha Ha 6,338
One East Side triple shooting victim in critica... 58 min Life Coachiii 11
southeast works cover-up (Oct '12) 5 hr Just wondering 265
Fatal Shooting May Be Linked To Phillips Manhunt (Jun '06) 6 hr Spell Check 2,982
New and Official Post Rating System 7 hr Life Coachiii 61
•••
•••
•••
Buffalo Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Buffalo Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••