President Still Refusing to Compromise

President Still Refusing to Compromise

Posted in the Buffalo Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
W t D

Buffalo, NY

#1 Dec 19, 2012
The Speaker has bent over backwards, agreeing to tax hikes on all millionaires, (even though he admits it will not effect the deficit). The president still refuses to give up any spending, other than agreeing to think about it 'down the road'. This is hardly compromise. And yet the president still stands there pointing the finger, threatening to push taxpayers over the fiscal cliff, and blame it on the other side...

Since: Aug 10

Buffalo, NY

#2 Dec 19, 2012
W t D wrote:
The Speaker has bent over backwards, agreeing to tax hikes on all millionaires,(even though he admits it will not effect the deficit). The president still refuses to give up any spending, other than agreeing to think about it 'down the road'. This is hardly compromise. And yet the president still stands there pointing the finger, threatening to push taxpayers over the fiscal cliff, and blame it on the other side...
The filscal cliff only exists because REPUBLICANS used the debt ceiling as a bargaining chip, and this is what they came up with!

THE CLIFF IS A REPUBLICAN CREATION! Blaming obama is simply typical conservative cowardice!
lol

Lancaster, NY

#3 Dec 19, 2012
This whole thing is embelishment on the part of both sides to get us used to the fact that we will have to pay more to support the fat lazy freeloaders in office and reinforce the notion that their jobs are actually full time.
Barnacle Bill

United States

#4 Dec 19, 2012
Refusing to cut spending is Democrat tactic.

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#5 Dec 19, 2012
FFS- wrote:
<quoted text>The filscal cliff only exists because REPUBLICANS used the debt ceiling as a bargaining chip, and this is what they came up with!
THE CLIFF IS A REPUBLICAN CREATION! Blaming obama is simply typical conservative cowardice!
Yes and they should take us over the cliff.
That way the Dems can submit a bill to cut the taxes and ALL the reps. that signed Norquests pledge will have to vote for it or break their pledge.
Seeing Taxes go up on Jan 1 so on Jan 2 the Dems put in their bill to cut those taxes and they should put in the debt celling thing too and get it done all at once.
Yes there has to be cuts and Obama has put cuts forward and the Reps . are the ones holding things up.

Here is some good reading on just what is happening
http://www.businessinsider.com/report-obama-t...

Obama has gone up to $400,000 before taxes go up I think that is more than high enough.

Have a nice night

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#7 Dec 19, 2012
Lifeeeeeeee Coachhhhhhhhh wrote:
<quoted text>
There should be a tax on cat hoarders
I agree and I think cats should be licensed like dogs are.
Either way it doesn't affect me I don't have any cats.
Have a nice night
simple math

Buffalo, NY

#8 Dec 20, 2012
Look, it's simple, we are now paying $6 Billion a day in taxes, but we are spending $10 Billion a day. So for you liberals, that's a $4 Billion per day deficit,$4 BILLION PER DAY!!!! X 365 DAYS, why can't you get it??? What our politcians are talking about in D.C., doesn't even begin to address this

Since: Aug 10

Buffalo, NY

#9 Dec 20, 2012
simple math wrote:
Look, it's simple, we are now paying $6 Billion a day in taxes, but we are spending $10 Billion a day. So for you liberals, that's a $4 Billion per day deficit,$4 BILLION PER DAY!!!! X 365 DAYS, why can't you get it??? What our politcians are talking about in D.C., doesn't even begin to address this
so remind me of a time when conservatives had power and spent less than the year before? I'll wait.
Larry Mondello

Buffalo, NY

#10 Dec 20, 2012
FFS- wrote:
<quoted text>so remind me of a time when conservatives had power and spent less than the year before? I'll wait.
ummmm...how about NEVER!

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#11 Dec 20, 2012
FFS- wrote:
<quoted text>so remind me of a time when conservatives had power and spent less than the year before? I'll wait.
You can go back to FORD and you won't find that.
Only one that cut the deficit was Clinton
http://www.skymachines.com/US-National-Debt-P...

if you look at this chart you see it has been the REP.s that have increased the debt by the largest percent.
The only ones that increased the debt less than 50% are the DEMs.
GHW Bush is the lowest Rep at 55.6% and that was in 4 years.

The " Bush " tax cuts were nothing by G.W. trying to be like Reagan.
Reagan did cut taxes a couple of times BUT he also raised them 11 times trying to keep us from going deeper in debt.
Have a nice day
wake up

Buffalo, NY

#12 Dec 20, 2012
Yo, Birdbrain, Clinton rode the wave of Reaganomics had a Republican Congress...get a clue
Larry Mondello

Buffalo, NY

#13 Dec 23, 2012
wake up wrote:
Yo, Birdbrain, Clinton rode the wave of Reaganomics had a Republican Congress...get a clue
If Reaganomics worked so well why did Bush 40 get his ass whooped in 1992 and NOT GET RE-ELECTED?
Balloon Knot

United States

#14 Dec 25, 2012
Bad timing in the economic cycle.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#15 Dec 25, 2012
Obama wants to go over the fiscal cliff. This way he gets all this additional tax revenues for his entitlement programs, gets to cut the military, which Democrats are known for, and blame it all on the Republicans. That was his goal from the start and why he isn't negotiating in good faith.

Since: Aug 10

Buffalo, NY

#16 Dec 25, 2012
BFLO NEOCON wrote:
Obama wants to go over the fiscal cliff. This way he gets all this additional tax revenues for his entitlement programs, gets to cut the military, which Democrats are known for, and blame it all on the Republicans. That was his goal from the start and why he isn't negotiating in good faith.
how can you say it's obamas goal when republicans came up with the fiscal cliff in the first place?

The cliff only exists because of republican legislation, which they praised when it passed. Now Obama is supposed to protect idiot conservatives from their own legislation?

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#17 Dec 25, 2012
So you want higher taxes and a weaker defense?
Of course you do because you are a liberal.

The fiscal cliff refers to the economic effects that could result from tax increases, spending cuts and a corresponding reduction in the US budget deficit beginning in 2013 if existing laws remain unchanged. The deficit—the difference between what the government takes in and what it spends—is projected to be reduced by roughly half in 2013. The Congressional Budget Office estimates that this sharp decrease in the deficit (the fiscal cliff) will likely lead to a mild recession in early 2013.

Because of the short-term adverse impact on the economy, the fiscal cliff has stirred intense commentary both inside and outside of Congress and has led to calls to extend some or all of the tax cuts, and to replace the spending reductions with more targeted cutbacks. The laws leading to the fiscal cliff include the expiration of the 2010 Tax Relief Act and planned spending cuts under the Budget Control Act of 2011. Nearly all proposals to avoid the fiscal cliff involve extending certain parts of the Bush tax cuts or changing the 2011 Budget Control Act or both, thus making the deficit larger by reducing taxes or increasing spending. The protracted negotiations over this have also generated heightened policy uncertainty over the eventual tax and spending landscape in the US.

The Budget Control Act was a compromise intended to resolve a dispute concerning the public debt ceiling. Some major programs, like Social Security, Medicaid, federal pay (including military pay and pensions), and veterans' benefits, are exempted from the spending cuts. Spending for defense, federal agencies and cabinet departments would be reduced through broad, shallow cuts referred to as budget sequestration.

Since: Aug 10

Buffalo, NY

#18 Dec 26, 2012
BFLO NEOCON wrote:
So you want higher taxes and a weaker defense?
Of course you do because you are a liberal.
The fiscal cliff refers to the economic effects that could result from tax increases, spending cuts and a corresponding reduction in the US budget deficit beginning in 2013 if existing laws remain unchanged. The deficit—the difference between what the government takes in and what it spends—is projected to be reduced by roughly half in 2013. The Congressional Budget Office estimates that this sharp decrease in the deficit (the fiscal cliff) will likely lead to a mild recession in early 2013.
Because of the short-term adverse impact on the economy, the fiscal cliff has stirred intense commentary both inside and outside of Congress and has led to calls to extend some or all of the tax cuts, and to replace the spending reductions with more targeted cutbacks. The laws leading to the fiscal cliff include the expiration of the 2010 Tax Relief Act and planned spending cuts under the Budget Control Act of 2011. Nearly all proposals to avoid the fiscal cliff involve extending certain parts of the Bush tax cuts or changing the 2011 Budget Control Act or both, thus making the deficit larger by reducing taxes or increasing spending. The protracted negotiations over this have also generated heightened policy uncertainty over the eventual tax and spending landscape in the US.
The Budget Control Act was a compromise intended to resolve a dispute concerning the public debt ceiling. Some major programs, like Social Security, Medicaid, federal pay (including military pay and pensions), and veterans' benefits, are exempted from the spending cuts. Spending for defense, federal agencies and cabinet departments would be reduced through broad, shallow cuts referred to as budget sequestration.
Again, youre so dim-witted that you cant even be honest!

REPUBLICANS put the fliscal cliff in place, and praised the legislation when it passed. THAT IS NOT THE FAULT OF LIBERALS!

Its conservatives who set up the military cuts. Its conservatives who ended the bush tax cut WITH THEIR OWN LEGISLATION!

Grow a pair and be honest you old puss!
please

Buffalo, NY

#19 Dec 26, 2012
Honesty? That's really funny coming from a flaming liberal, they still believe algore created the internet, slick willy didn't inhale, vince foster killed himself and ron brown died as a result of some plane crash. Honesty, from a liberal, Yeah that's really funny

Since: Aug 10

Buffalo, NY

#20 Dec 26, 2012
please wrote:
Honesty? That's really funny coming from a flaming liberal, they still believe algore created the internet, slick willy didn't inhale, vince foster killed himself and ron brown died as a result of some plane crash. Honesty, from a liberal, Yeah that's really funny
Wow, a limbaugh lemming typed out a bunch of idiocy....stop the presses, that is so unheard of!
heil

Buffalo, NY

#21 Dec 26, 2012
Olama is intoxicated with power, like Hitler and Stalin, they never compromised either

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buffalo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Britney Spears' 16-Year-Old Sister Pregnant (Dec '07) 1 hr Victoria Dawn Jus... 147
News Department of Environmental Conservation lookin... (Jul '08) 13 hr anonymous 3
Poll Where is Eddy O and Billy O? 20 hr tbird19482 2
Poll Is Buffalo NY a sanctuary city? Sat Roy Yaltee 9
Confederate flag is an icon Sat Roy Yaltee 16
Tom Connolly WBEN Radio Fri Buck Rohde 67
African-Americans: Stop Having So Many Babies! Fri The Enforcer 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Buffalo Mortgages