Who Killed William McKinley??

Who Killed William McKinley??

There are 15 comments on the The Huffington Post story from Oct 15, 2013, titled Who Killed William McKinley??. In it, The Huffington Post reports that:

It is only now 112 years since President WIlliam McKinley was assassinated in Buffalo, New York, but the event still captures the imagination of all Americans.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Huffington Post.

Bernard Continelli

New York, NY

#1 Oct 15, 2013
In the early 1990s Lyndon LaRouche aired a half-hour presentation on cable TV called "Principalities and Powers" in which (among other things) he claimed that Leon Czolgosz was either set-up as a patsy or brainwashed to shoot President McKinley at the 1901 Buffalo Pan-American Exposition by powerful, big-money forces of the so-called 'Anglo-American Establishment'.

McKinley actually died at the location of my old high school Canisius on Delaware Avenue at what was then called the Milburn House.
Barnard Neighbor

North Tonawanda, NY

#2 Oct 15, 2013
Bernard Continelli wrote:
In the early 1990s Lyndon LaRouche aired a half-hour presentation on cable TV called "Principalities and Powers" in which (among other things) he claimed that Leon Czolgosz was either set-up as a patsy or brainwashed to shoot President McKinley at the 1901 Buffalo Pan-American Exposition by powerful, big-money forces of the so-called 'Anglo-American Establishment'.
McKinley actually died at the location of my old high school Canisius on Delaware Avenue at what was then called the Milburn House.
I was told the culprit was a relative of Kaisertown Jimmy.

The guy was drunk on Old Krupnik, had a belly full of czarnina, was high on nervous pills and had a bad case of gas...just like Jimmy, a century later.
Bernard Continelli

New York, NY

#3 Oct 15, 2013
As Steve Martin said in "All of Me": "Ah ... good plan!".

I WAS going to submit LaRouche's conspiracy theory to someone like Oliver Stone in the hopes that he might research it further and make a revisionist-historical flick about it, but now that you've enlightened me as to the REAL truth I'll submit your theory instead.

God bless Topix and all its 'brainiacs'!
Bernard Continelli

New York, NY

#5 Oct 15, 2013
A sane and insightful reply on Topix?... the world IS coming to an end!

There was always something about that place that gave me 'the willies', and it WASN'T just swimming naked while fully-grown Jesuit adults watched ...

Thanks, L.C., I'll get a hold of Ollie A.S.A.P. and if there's any filming done on location in Buffalo I'll put in a word for you to be an extra and get your face on the big silver screen if you don't mind donning stiff, starchy early-20th Century garb and a silly, round Laurel & Hardy bowler hat!
Steve

Troy, MI

#6 Oct 16, 2013
I love it that he was tried, convicted and put to death within 6 weeks of shooting the president.
GUMPnf

Niagara Falls, NY

#7 Oct 16, 2013
Steve wrote:
I love it that he was tried, convicted and put to death within 6 weeks of shooting the president.
That kind of punishment should be used more in today's time

it wil never happen tho , because to many bleeding hearts are in power
Bernard Continelli

New York, NY

#8 Oct 16, 2013
Agree, but the ones who set him up should have been investigated and given the same sentence REGARDLESS of their Wall Street or international banking circle connections!
Bernard Continelli

New York, NY

#10 Oct 16, 2013
Yeah, that's me! STILL friends with John Bonato (lives in Frisco) and yes, he's STILL as weird as ever. Still in the greater NY Capital District, but now in East Greenbush on the eastern side of the Hudson River across from Albany (my sister Tracey got the Latham house when my parents died in '05 and '11, so any Canisius materials that came there when I lived in Rensselaer I merely picked-up although recently I changed my Canisius address to E. Greenbush).

Have been married since 2005 (father died six months later) and the bad news is that VERY recently I've been diagnosed with the same kind cancer Michael Douglas had and commence the same chemo/radiation treatments very shortly. The doctors are optimistic, however, and said that persons in MUCH worse health than myself have totally beaten it.

Thanksgiving and Christmas are going to be Hell-on-Earth, but hopefully by next spring and summer I'll be fully recuperated. Hope to visit Buffalo in June for the Allentown Art Fest AND a Buffalo Topix get-together,... and YES, I have given-up tobacco altogether and will probably stick to beer and not pound the hard liquor, either!
GUMPnf

Niagara Falls, NY

#11 Oct 17, 2013
Bernard Continelli wrote:
Yeah, that's me! STILL friends with John Bonato (lives in Frisco) and yes, he's STILL as weird as ever. Still in the greater NY Capital District, but now in East Greenbush on the eastern side of the Hudson River across from Albany (my sister Tracey got the Latham house when my parents died in '05 and '11, so any Canisius materials that came there when I lived in Rensselaer I merely picked-up although recently I changed my Canisius address to E. Greenbush).
Have been married since 2005 (father died six months later) and the bad news is that VERY recently I've been diagnosed with the same kind cancer Michael Douglas had and commence the same chemo/radiation treatments very shortly. The doctors are optimistic, however, and said that persons in MUCH worse health than myself have totally beaten it..

Thanksgiving and Christmas are going to be Hell-on-Earth, but hopefully by next spring and summer I'll be fully recuperated. Hope to visit Buffalo in June for the Allentown Art Fest AND a Buffalo Topix get-together,... and YES, I have given-up tobacco altogether and will probably stick to beer and not pound the hard liquor, either!
I sure hope you beat it .

If I did you can do it also.
Good luck fella

If fate has it & if we ever meet I will buy the beer
Lesion of Decency

North Tonawanda, NY

#12 Oct 17, 2013
GUMPnf wrote:
<quoted text>I sure hope you beat it .
If I did you can do it also.
Good luck fella
If fate has it & if we ever meet I will buy the beer
Nobody wants to be within 20 feet of you, fella.

Who would enjoy being sprayed with carbuncle juice?
Who would wish a whiff of your poop-stained clothing?
Who would want to view your grotesque bulging ear cyst?
Who would keep company with an uneducated old racist bigot?
factcheck

New London, CT

#13 Oct 17, 2013
Lesion of Decency wrote:
<quoted text>
Nobody wants to be within 20 feet of you, fella.
Who would enjoy being sprayed with carbuncle juice?
Who would wish a whiff of your poop-stained clothing?
Who would want to view your grotesque bulging ear cyst?
Who would keep company with an uneducated old racist bigot?
Sounds like you are very intimate with Gump, or at least you fantasize about him. Maybe you should get a room and invite him over? Somehow I think you'd be there all alone.
GUMPnf

Niagara Falls, NY

#14 Oct 17, 2013
factcheck wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like you are very intimate with Gump, or at least you fantasize about him. Maybe you should get a room and invite him over? Somehow I think you'd be there all alone.
FACTCHECK, Right. He could stay there until hell freezes over & I couldn't care.
Lesion of Decency

North Tonawanda, NY

#15 Oct 17, 2013
GUMPnf wrote:
<quoted text>FACTCHECK, Right. He could stay there until hell freezes over & I couldn't care.
There goes CHUMP-a-GUMP, just poundin' those keys with the CAPS lock on, arthritic hands curled in pain.

Are the veins popping in your carbuncled forehead?
Are your bloodshot eyes bulging from their sockets?

Slow down, old timer. No one wants to see you stroke out.
GUMPnf

Niagara Falls, NY

#17 Oct 18, 2013
Lesion of Decency wrote:
<quoted text>
There goes CHUMP-a-GUMP, just poundin' those keys with the CAPS lock on, arthritic hands curled in pain.
Are the veins popping in your carbuncled forehead?
Are your bloodshot eyes bulging from their sockets?
Slow down, old timer. No one wants to see you stroke out.
Hey you stupid arse.
Most sentences start with capitol letters & you claim intelligence .
I believe you are just looking for attention but you never aged out of the juvenile stage.
Right?

What a outstanding post.
Lesion of Decency

North Tonawanda, NY

#18 Oct 18, 2013
GUMPnf wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey you stupid arse.
Most sentences start with capitol letters & you claim intelligence .
I believe you are just looking for attention but you never aged out of the juvenile stage.
Right?
What a outstanding post.
I don't care what you think, you doddering old turd.

Your favorite time of year is fast approaching.
Have you acquired any part-time work at the local haunted houses?
Your carbuncled mug and swollen beezer would scare the bejesus out of most folks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buffalo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Governor Cuomo Tweaks Senecas 2 hr Bovenzi13 1
road vultures (Nov '08) Tue Truth 154
Only homosexual men study Library Science Tue A poem 47
Buffalo win total Tue Ricardo montobomb 1
News Gov. Cuomo takes hard line in casino revenue ne... Tue Brian 1
john peppercorn the prophet Aug 20 Ricardo montobomb 1
Bye Bye Paladino, a person of you're stature ne... Aug 19 Hater alert 8

Buffalo Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Buffalo Mortgages