mainstream media sucks

mainstream media sucks

Posted in the Buffalo Forum

Truth be known

Buffalo, NY

#1 Feb 24, 2013
Why are people becoming so hungry for independent media? Because of the deafening silence in the mainstream media around the issues-and the people-that matter most.
In a media landscape where there are more channels than ever, the lack of any diversity of opinion is breathtaking-and boring.
In the 1 and a half years of having no exposure to public television I can honestly say that I didn't miss much of anything. Most new shows are just repeat offenders of the lack of imagination it takes to come up with something that actually has any substance or imagination. I would give most shows to date a 10 on the yawning scale.

Since: Aug 10

Buffalo, NY

#2 Feb 24, 2013
98% of "independednt" media are nothing more than nutters with blogs. They have no degrees in journalism or any special qualifications to support the subject matter....theyre just nutters with blogs!

It definitely isnt the Edward R Murrow days anymore, and the news media avoid certain stories because their corporate masters dictate it.

This has been the downfall in news reporting. As soon as the news became a profit center, it lost all objectivity! When an advertiser can squash a story, all news just becomes paid advertisisng.

Have you ever wondered why when you watch ANY (FOX OR CNN) major news outlet you see ads for things that you could never actually buy? Ads for we are going out and buying industrial aluminum, or Conagra....because we are all running corporate farms? So why do these industries spend money for advertising that will never lead to us buying their product? BECAUSE IF THEY BUY THE NEWS< THEY CONTROL THE MESSAGE!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buffalo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 55 min true facts 20,502
7 People Shot 5 hr Buck Rohde 4
any girl phonesex with this guy? (Mar '13) 6 hr lou 111
Cheating Bills 10 hr Tom Brady 1
BAUERLE Defends Deadly Pill Doctor (Mar '11) Mon pailrider 41
Male doctors accused of female rape - including... Mon pailrider 51
(.R ox y Bulk!!) ku*sh !! Nov 22 Anonymous 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Buffalo Mortgages