Juneteenth Festival embraces science,...

Juneteenth Festival embraces science, splash pads

There are 34 comments on the Buffalo.com story from Jun 12, 2013, titled Juneteenth Festival embraces science, splash pads. In it, Buffalo.com reports that:

Understanding the definition of "sankofa" is crucial to grasping the concept behind the Juneteenth Festival, the nationwide celebration of African-American heritage and concluding celebration of Sankofa Days.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Buffalo.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Angel ot Tbird

Lancaster, NY

#24 Jun 15, 2013
buffalo native wrote:
i'm going to the festival today can anyone tell me where to park my brand new car so it don;t get scratched
I think on Rodney near Holden. Walk to Fillmore and take the bus to the park.
Channel ONE

Buffalo, NY

#28 Jun 15, 2013
A festival with a bunch of scummy colored people running around looking stupid with skanks hanging on to them?

Don't we already have that festival on hertel ave in August?
buffalo native

Buffalo, NY

#29 Jun 16, 2013
wow i went and had a great time no trouble there were 50 buffalo cops and cameras all around.i met the mayor and shared a bottle of hurricane malt liquor after which he got on stage and did his snoop dog rendition.later today is compettion shoot hoop's not brothers and al sharpton will be on hand to answer any questions about racism as you know he is head advisor to the white house
Curious

Buffalo, NY

#30 Jun 16, 2013
buffalo native wrote:
there were 50 buffalo cops and cameras all around.
Why does such a peaceful event need so many cops & cameras?
factcheck

New London, CT

#31 Jun 17, 2013
FFS- wrote:
<quoted text>your stupidity was off topic and irrellevant
Right, but YOUR stupidity is always at the forefront of liberal thinking.
Country Boy

Batavia, NY

#32 Jun 17, 2013
Science....that's a laugh. I saw them on the NEWS last night dancing in the streets to the tribal rhymes with some dude beating on a hollow log with a leg bone.
Country Boy

Batavia, NY

#34 Jun 17, 2013
Lifffffe Coachhhh wrote:
<quoted text>
I have reported your racist post to the webmaster
Up yours....there is nothing racist in my comments. I call them like I see them.
Life Coachhhhhhhhhhhh

United States

#36 Jun 17, 2013
FFS- wrote:
<quoted text>your stupidity was off topic and irrellevant
Your stupidity was - just stupid.
Ebonics Spelling_Bee

Kansas City, MO

#37 Jun 17, 2013
Juneteemf, not "Juneteenth".
Ebonics Spelling_Bee

Kansas City, MO

#38 Jun 17, 2013
Ebonics Spelling_Bee wrote:
Juneteemf, not "Juneteenth".
I have reported my racist correction to the web-massa!

“Don't Toews Me Bro!”

Since: Apr 13

The Elite Northeast

#41 Jun 17, 2013
Those things all breed Ecoli because there's always one lil tyke who poops and keeps it a secret from the adults
Kilhoffer Street Rules

Lancaster, NY

#42 Jun 17, 2013
ThatOneBeaut wrote:
Those things all breed Ecoli because there's always one lil tyke who poops and keeps it a secret from the adults
I heard that the kids have poop wars in the pool.
Bernard Continelli

New York, NY

#43 Jun 17, 2013
Lifffffe Coachhhh wrote:
Splash pads ate a low cost and low maintenance way for inner city kids to cool off and stay busy. No lifeguard. No chlorine. Only the little kids want to do it. I understand some people hate blacks but even so there are no negatives here.
My parents used to take me to the Humboldt Park wading pool back before it was renamed? MLK. It was still pretty much a Jewish neighborhood back then and my older brother looked like a little David Berkowitz
There's early 'Polacolor' pictures of my brother and I ice skating at the Humbolt Park wading pool / ice rink in late 1963 or early '64 when that type film was relatively brand new. My great aunt and uncle had a house in that neighborhood too that I have even late-'50s memories of visiting, but of course had to move out to Taunton Ave. in North Buffalo when the neighborhood started to go. At least the latter house's backyard bordered the railroad tracks where I would occasionally trespass to flatten pennies.

Also, wasn't the fashion boutique "Poise 'N Ivy" in that neck-of-the-woods back then before they moved to their current location on Main St. in Williamsville? I THINK that was my very first memory of "Madison Avenue's typical wittiness"!
The Truth

Buffalo, NY

#44 Jun 23, 2013
Yea, the science is in it's design. It was built so "They" can drive & wash their cars inside it like before.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buffalo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gay Skype Fun (Aug '15) 2 hr Kevin 37
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 3 hr WPWW 20,966
Buffalo NY - Attn Adoptees and Birth Parents an... (Nov '13) 4 hr jbohacek 17
Ghetto assed names in the news (Nov '16) 5 hr Ken 15
Philip Litten 11 hr test 3
Only homosexual men study Library Science Thu Marti 37
Do asians think all white people look alike?? (Feb '09) Jul 18 Lin Kim 162

Buffalo Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Buffalo Mortgages