Juneteenth Festival embraces science,...

Juneteenth Festival embraces science, splash pads

There are 34 comments on the Buffalo.com story from Jun 12, 2013, titled Juneteenth Festival embraces science, splash pads. In it, Buffalo.com reports that:

Understanding the definition of "sankofa" is crucial to grasping the concept behind the Juneteenth Festival, the nationwide celebration of African-American heritage and concluding celebration of Sankofa Days.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Buffalo.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Aug 10

Buffalo, NY

#1 Jun 12, 2013
Wait for it........
Conservative Phil Collins

Buffalo, NY

#3 Jun 12, 2013
Robbery, Assault & Battery, the kneegrows and their felonies...
FFS_

Buffalo, NY

#4 Jun 12, 2013
Duh, I said "wait for it" and it only took FOURTY minutes for the typical conservative response.
GUMPnf

North Tonawanda, NY

#6 Jun 12, 2013
I'll be at the festival.

Look for a carbuncle-covered geezer in a shit-stained speedo. I may let my scrotum hang thru the left leg opening of my trunks.

factcheck

New London, CT

#7 Jun 13, 2013
What is this sankofa they are talking about?

sankofa..

(s)hooting
(a)rson
(n)umbers
(k)nifing
(o)bstruction
(f)ighting
(a)ssault

Is sankofa and acronym?
I am not suggesting that it is, I found the above on the web and did not seem to find much else, but I was somewhat pressed for time and have not had the chance to continue my research. Nothing political like left or right intended at all here.
FFS

Buffalo, NY

#8 Jun 13, 2013
conservatives never disappoint. Then you wonder why you keep losing elections!
factcheck

New London, CT

#9 Jun 13, 2013
FFS wrote:
conservatives never disappoint. Then you wonder why you keep losing elections!
I agree! I am so glad that I live in CT now and those conservatives can't win a toilet seat much less and election. We just welcome everyone in and if they need a little help (food, clothing, shelter, cell phone, cash) for a few generations no problem. We just tax the sh!t out of those horrible bankers, insurance execs and those McMahon's. We're all on the same planet so who are those conservatives to say that you should have to share with people that are perfectly able, but just don't feel like working because they want to get drunk and abuse their kids? So glad there are likeminded people on here. What a relief!!!!
FFS

Buffalo, NY

#10 Jun 13, 2013
factcheck wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree! I am so glad that I live in CT now and those conservatives can't win a toilet seat much less and election. We just welcome everyone in and if they need a little help (food, clothing, shelter, cell phone, cash) for a few generations no problem. We just tax the sh!t out of those horrible bankers, insurance execs and those McMahon's. We're all on the same planet so who are those conservatives to say that you should have to share with people that are perfectly able, but just don't feel like working because they want to get drunk and abuse their kids? So glad there are likeminded people on here. What a relief!!!!
And that somehow justifies blatant conservative racism?

Youre a weakling!

Since: Jun 13

Oxford, Britain

#11 Jun 13, 2013
Cheers, Yank bloaks.
I'm going to the fest and my caretakers are going to wheel me into the splash pond and hook me up with some dark birds.
factcheck

New London, CT

#12 Jun 14, 2013
FFS wrote:
<quoted text>And that somehow justifies blatant conservative racism?
Youre a weakling!
And the racism is what? Oh you mean the nonexistant kind. Got it.

By the way, stealing from one group to benefit another is racism. If you are able, think about it...not that you are expected to reach a rational conclusion.
FFS

Buffalo, NY

#13 Jun 14, 2013
factcheck wrote:
<quoted text>
And the racism is what? Oh you mean the nonexistant kind. Got it.
By the way, stealing from one group to benefit another is racism. If you are able, think about it...not that you are expected to reach a rational conclusion.
Nonexistent? You really are an uneducated nutter huh?

Poor mindless conservatives are so brainwshed that they cant see the forest through the trees!

There is wealth distribution happening, but its going from the middle class to the rich, and you are dumb enough to cheer it on!

Conservatives are so cowardly!
factcheck

New London, CT

#14 Jun 14, 2013
FFS wrote:
<quoted text>Nonexistent? You really are an uneducated nutter huh?
Poor mindless conservatives are so brainwshed that they cant see the forest through the trees!
There is wealth distribution happening, but its going from the middle class to the rich, and you are dumb enough to cheer it on!
Actually, the wealthiest are the liberals. They are liberal with the money of those that work for a living. Look at Gates, Buffet,etc. The richest of the rich all liberals and yet they want the middle class to provide subsidies to the people that don't work. I guess that appeals to the uneducated and on the dole persons like yourself.

Buffalo, NY

#15 Jun 14, 2013
factcheck wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, the wealthiest are the liberals. They are liberal with the money of those that work for a living. Look at Gates, Buffet,etc. The richest of the rich all liberals and yet they want the middle class to provide subsidies to the people that don't work. I guess that appeals to the uneducated and on the dole persons like yourself.
And you have a college degree from where? Ohhhh Righht

Another uneducated tool spewing what he hears from the radio!
C C Rider

Lancaster, NY

#16 Jun 14, 2013
FFS wrote:
<quoted text>Nonexistent? You really are an uneducated nutter huh?
Are black racists and blacks who beat and rob whites conservatives?

Buffalo, NY

#17 Jun 14, 2013
C C Rider wrote:
<quoted text>
Are black racists and blacks who beat and rob whites conservatives?
and that has what to do with the typical dumb conservatives on this thread?
buffalo native

Buffalo, NY

#18 Jun 14, 2013
i have never been to this but am going this year can anyone tell me where to park while there
Matt Kruse

Lancaster, NY

#19 Jun 14, 2013
buffalo native wrote:
i have never been to this but am going this year can anyone tell me where to park while there
I would park on Fillmore or Genesee as close to the park as possible, or on any of the side streets around there.
C C Rider

Lancaster, NY

#20 Jun 14, 2013
FFS- wrote:
<quoted text>and that has what to do with the typical dumb conservatives on this thread?
You didn't answer my question. What has your answer got to do with what I asked.

Buffalo, NY

#21 Jun 14, 2013
C C Rider wrote:
<quoted text>
You didn't answer my question. What has your answer got to do with what I asked.
your stupidity was off topic and irrellevant
buffalo native

Buffalo, NY

#23 Jun 15, 2013
i'm going to the festival today can anyone tell me where to park my brand new car so it don;t get scratched

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buffalo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News NYC Anchor Bar runs out of wings on Day 2 6 min RachelsGonnaRach 1
russ brandon 1 hr DaTruth 1
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 2 hr Maryann 21,698
News WIVB-TV News4 Buffalo, NY |Contract for Depew r... (May '08) 3 hr Brian 138
Belmont management apartments (Oct '17) 3 hr Willie Joe 20
News Young mother, seeking a new life, wants happy h... (Dec '11) 16 hr abdellina hassan 99
News College Connections program benefits students (Mar '14) May 19 School 2

Buffalo Jobs

Personal Finance

Buffalo Mortgages