Tonawanda Police Arrest Teen for Maki...

Tonawanda Police Arrest Teen for Making Threats at School

There are 167 comments on the WGRZ Buffalo story from Oct 12, 2007, titled Tonawanda Police Arrest Teen for Making Threats at School. In it, WGRZ Buffalo reports that:

City of Tonawanda police have arrested a 16-year-old high school student, ending a day of wild speculation that some type of violence would occur at the school today.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGRZ Buffalo.

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
MIKMAKMOM

Depew, NY

#1 Oct 12, 2007
Not enough info - what was his threat?
toe jam

Akron, NY

#2 Oct 12, 2007
another troubled kid, put him in j.d. my kid is a f- up 2, but the lousey coutr system does not seem to g.a.f. get all troubled kids help b 4 its 2 late
Scott n Buffalo

Jamesville, NC

#3 Oct 12, 2007
It is like everyone keeps saying, the kids in the urban areas are terrible, violent, and trouble makers. They should just......

.....oh wait. This happened in the Suburbs. But, I thought nothing bad happens there.

.....Quick honey, time to to put the house up for sale and move out even further.
Nikki

Buffalo, NY

#4 Oct 12, 2007
Being a graduate of THS.. how times have changed.. So sad to see just a great school system being ruined by more troubled kids.. My question.. where are the parents?
chris2150

Buffalo, NY

#5 Oct 12, 2007
i would like to know where this letter they sent home is? we never recieved any such letter.
PrisonPlanet

Buffalo, NY

#6 Oct 12, 2007
These little wiggers hang out on the Homestead bridge over the mouth of Ellicott Creek in the City of Tonawanda.

Someone should toss them into the water. Let's see them go 'gang bang' on the East Side of Buffalo and see how tough they think they are. Nothing but white trash, just like their parents most likely.
chris2150

Buffalo, NY

#7 Oct 12, 2007
MIKMAKMOM wrote:
Not enough info - what was his threat?
shooting
Kazhasme

Buffalo, NY

#9 Oct 12, 2007
Look to all you people who want to post comments about this. This is very real, my daughter is one of the children affected by this so called gang. I can wallpaper a room in my house with the orders of protection. My daughter a straight A student was in fear for her life to go to school today. What good is an order opf protection when the school systems tells you they can not protect your child and when you offer to do it yourself you are an insurance liability? Every child has a right to a free and public education. No matter what the expense to any one else in the school. A teacher from THS told me today that the school system is more worried about lawyers and lawsuits than protecting the children in the school. So... What good is your free and public education when you are in fear of your life? How much learning are your kids going to do when they are checking over their shoulder all the time. One student is reported arrested when personally I am aware of at least three and they were from the "fresh girls" it is not just the boys, it is also the girls. Send channel 2 to my house, I can give them all the info they need. A THS parent.
Kazhasme

Buffalo, NY

#10 Oct 12, 2007
Scott n Buffalo wrote:
It is like everyone keeps saying, the kids in the urban areas are terrible, violent, and trouble makers. They should just......
.....oh wait. This happened in the Suburbs. But, I thought nothing bad happens there.
.....Quick honey, time to to put the house up for sale and move out even further.
It happens in the suburbs too, you just cant see past the end of your nose to see it.
MIKMAKMOM

Depew, NY

#11 Oct 12, 2007
chris2150 wrote:
<quoted text>shooting
Really? That is scarey - my cousins go to that school, I'll have to call them. Atleast they are taking the threats seriously. But the truth is they need to be leary of the quiet ones.
MIKMAKMOM

Depew, NY

#12 Oct 12, 2007
PrisonPlanet wrote:
These little wiggers hang out on the Homestead bridge over the mouth of Ellicott Creek in the City of Tonawanda.
Someone should toss them into the water. Let's see them go 'gang bang' on the East Side of Buffalo and see how tough they think they are. Nothing but white trash, just like their parents most likely.
Hanging out on a bridge hardly seems criminal. I agree though - many kids from Tonawanda think they are "ghetto" sad truth is if they even had a glimpse of what a real ghetto was like they certainly wouldn't wish they lived in one.
Jennifer

Buffalo, NY

#13 Oct 12, 2007
Bill wrote:
The school and Police obviously over reacted again.
Of course the donut suckin cops dont investigate anything anyway.
Usually when alot of kids know something is going on, it alot of talk.
Sounds to me the school needs to start teaching and the cops need to go suck another jelly donut.
I'm sure that's what they said at Columbine too.
Really stupid comment, Bill.
MIKMAKMOM

Depew, NY

#14 Oct 12, 2007
Kazhasme wrote:
<quoted text>
It happens in the suburbs too, you just cant see past the end of your nose to see it.
Yes I admit this threat should be taken seriously - but how many Buffalo Public school kids are arrested DAILY for bringing weapons in to the schools? I went to Riverside High School - a week didn't go by that someone wasn't arrested while in school - I wouldn't make comparisons until we start hearing about kids getting shot at the corner of Fletcher.
MIKMAKMOM

Depew, NY

#15 Oct 12, 2007
Bill wrote:
Sounds to me the school needs to start teaching and the cops need to go suck another jelly donut.
Overreacted???!?? Do you watch the news? I would be pissed my kids went to that school - and a threat was made, nothing was done, and the next day some kids get shot.
MIKMAKMOM

Depew, NY

#16 Oct 12, 2007
Kazhasme wrote:
<quoted text>
I dont think anyone would say crime doesn't happen in the suburbs,...but after going to a BPS all my life, and then sending my kids to Clarence schools - I'll take my chances with Clarence - thanks.
Kazhasme

Buffalo, NY

#17 Oct 12, 2007
Bill wrote:
Obviously one of these gang members are one of your kids. If you lived here you would know that our "cops" aren't donut suckers like you and your cops are. Nice job
MIKMAKMOM

Depew, NY

#18 Oct 12, 2007
Kazhasme wrote:
Look to all you people who want to post comments about this. This is very real, my daughter is one of the children affected by this so called gang. I can wallpaper a room in my house with the orders of protection. My daughter a straight A student was in fear for her life to go to school today. What good is an order opf protection when the school systems tells you they can not protect your child and when you offer to do it yourself you are an insurance liability? Every child has a right to a free and public education. No matter what the expense to any one else in the school. A teacher from THS told me today that the school system is more worried about lawyers and lawsuits than protecting the children in the school. So... What good is your free and public education when you are in fear of your life? How much learning are your kids going to do when they are checking over their shoulder all the time. One student is reported arrested when personally I am aware of at least three and they were from the "fresh girls" it is not just the boys, it is also the girls. Send channel 2 to my house, I can give them all the info they need. A THS parent.
You may want to check MYSPACE - the cops would get more info from that then any other source..believe me.
dumb

Buffalo, NY

#19 Oct 12, 2007
Bill you are pretty dumb to write that comment...What if your kid went to that school...Wouldn't you want the school and cops to "over react"....Haven't you learned anything from V.T and the Cleveland school shooting.....
Tonawanda

Buffalo, NY

#20 Oct 12, 2007
From what i heard these young punks hang out @ The Holmstead Bridge & Ive's Pond. The go around spray painting "FB" on things symbolozing there "Fresh Boys" gang. Its pathetic. They got this gang together becuase someones brother committed suicide beacause supposedly the football players and jocks hummiliated him. So now they want retaliation? Its rediculous. Grow up. Where are the parents? Get your kids to be home at a certain time. This city is getting filled with more and more trash and its disgusting
Yomomma

AOL

#21 Oct 12, 2007
Kazhasme wrote:
You hit on a big part of it Kaz. Due to rules and laws, schools can't remove the trouble making students anymore. These students (and it starts with a small percentage) need to be removed, given a chance in an alternative school and if they don't straighten out then removed all together IMO. I don't think education should be a right when the student is carring wepons, useing and selling drugs, or making the atmosphere unsafe for those who are there to learn.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buffalo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
is Nalina Shapiro fat? (Dec '12) 18 hr Tyrone Abdul Carp 130
Al Sharpton, Boffalos next mayor 20 hr Professor Know it... 127
Tywanda Cross Wed dfwmf 1
Rate your hot local news girls (Sep '08) Wed Rickyp 52
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Wed Radio Flyer 3016 21,530
Mohammed and Abdullah Apr 15 HH4U 3
News Freezing rain, wind could cause power outages Apr 15 Perfect 7

Buffalo Jobs

Personal Finance

Buffalo Mortgages