Since: May 12

Location hidden

#1 Feb 26, 2013
For those of you who care about Guns & ammo.

This should stir the pot.

Looks like Obama should have read the "Obamacare" law before he signed it, OR he was so eager to get "Obamacare" that he didn't care about the "gun owners" clause that was in it!
So, Obama was either stupid for not reading the bill OR knew the clause was necessary to get his "Obamacare" passed, so that his ego could soar!

It was discovered that hidden deep within the massive 2800-page bill called Obamacare, there is a Senate Amendment protecting the right to keep and bear arms.

It seems that in their haste to cram socialized medicine down the throats of the American people, then-Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) and Barack Obama overlooked Senate amendment 3276, Sec. 2716, part c.

According to that amendment, the government cannot collect "any information relating to the lawful ownership or possession of a firearm or ammunition." This means that the government CANNOT mandate firearm registration. No registration, no confiscation. Poor ol' Joe Biden, he spent the last couple of weeks focusing on making a law requiring registration. Good thing is though, the amendment also states that not even an executive order can override the amendment.

CNN is now referring to it as "a gift to the nation's powerful gun lobby."

And according to Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV), that's exactly right. He says he personally added the provision in order to keep the NRA from getting involved in the legislative fight over Obamacare, which was so ubiquitous in 2010.

It looks like Harry Reid actually helped out firearm owners without even realizing it. Thanks Harry!!

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/...

http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/o/Obamac...
Lifeeeeee Coachhhhhhhhhhh

Chesapeake, VA

#2 Feb 26, 2013
BFLO NEOCON wrote:
For those of you who care about Guns & ammo.
This should stir the pot.
Looks like Obama should have read the "Obamacare" law before he signed it, OR he was so eager to get "Obamacare" that he didn't care about the "gun owners" clause that was in it!
So, Obama was either stupid for not reading the bill OR knew the clause was necessary to get his "Obamacare" passed, so that his ego could soar!
It was discovered that hidden deep within the massive 2800-page bill called Obamacare, there is a Senate Amendment protecting the right to keep and bear arms.
It seems that in their haste to cram socialized medicine down the throats of the American people, then-Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) and Barack Obama overlooked Senate amendment 3276, Sec. 2716, part c.
According to that amendment, the government cannot collect "any information relating to the lawful ownership or possession of a firearm or ammunition." This means that the government CANNOT mandate firearm registration. No registration, no confiscation. Poor ol' Joe Biden, he spent the last couple of weeks focusing on making a law requiring registration. Good thing is though, the amendment also states that not even an executive order can override the amendment.
CNN is now referring to it as "a gift to the nation's powerful gun lobby."
And according to Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-NV), that's exactly right. He says he personally added the provision in order to keep the NRA from getting involved in the legislative fight over Obamacare, which was so ubiquitous in 2010.
It looks like Harry Reid actually helped out firearm owners without even realizing it. Thanks Harry!!
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/...
http://www.truthorfiction.com/rumors/o/Obamac...
What do you care. You can carry a concealed handgun anywhere in the country(even after you retire), and seeing as most cops voted for Obama, he is not likely to change that

Since: Aug 10

Rochester, NY

#3 Feb 26, 2013
If its an ammendment, then its voted on seperately from the whole bill. It was hardly hidden. It was added in an attemot to get the National Redneck Association to stop lobbying against health care....and it worked

It was not "Overlooked"....the ammendment was submitted by Harry Reid

http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LIS/roll_ca...

Conservatives will simply lie about anything!
lol

Lancaster, NY

#4 Feb 26, 2013
Too funny, they should re-write the constitution right now, and the header can start with Simon Says.
TTP_Retired

Tonawanda, NY

#5 Feb 26, 2013
What this amendment ACTUALLY says is that health care coverage, premium rates, and any participation in health and wellness programs shall not be affected by an individual's lawful ownership, use, or storage of firearms or ammunition, nor shall such data be collected on individuals (Sec. 10101)

This is a restriction placed on health care providers NOT the government. It neither strengthens or weakens the 2nd Amendment. It has nothing to do with the 2nd Amendment.
Lifeeeeee Coachhhhhhhhhhh

Chesapeake, VA

#6 Feb 26, 2013
TTP_Retired wrote:
What this amendment ACTUALLY says is that health care coverage, premium rates, and any participation in health and wellness programs shall not be affected by an individual's lawful ownership, use, or storage of firearms or ammunition, nor shall such data be collected on individuals (Sec. 10101)
This is a restriction placed on health care providers NOT the government. It neither strengthens or weakens the 2nd Amendment. It has nothing to do with the 2nd Amendment.
OMG....and Topix poster using logic?

That is not allowed around here
catch 22

North Tonawanda, NY

#7 Mar 16, 2013
...yeah but once they outlaw guns, there will be no lawful gun ownership...

Since: Aug 10

Hollis Center, ME

#8 Mar 16, 2013
catch 22 wrote:
...yeah but once they outlaw guns, there will be no lawful gun ownership...
nobody is outlawing guns. Get a grip
catch 22

North Tonawanda, NY

#9 Mar 16, 2013
seems to me, when the government refuses to prosecute gun laws broken by felons and hardened criminals, and only prosecute honest citizens who have never been arrested, because they own a firearm...what would you call it?

Since: Aug 10

Hollis Center, ME

#10 Mar 16, 2013
catch 22 wrote:
seems to me, when the government refuses to prosecute gun laws broken by felons and hardened criminals, and only prosecute honest citizens who have never been arrested, because they own a firearm...what would you call it?
in order to be prosecuted, you have to be arrested. Your whole rant makes no sense

Since: Aug 10

Hollis Center, ME

#11 Mar 16, 2013
catch 22 wrote:
seems to me, when the government refuses to prosecute gun laws broken by felons and hardened criminals, and only prosecute honest citizens who have never been arrested, because they own a firearm...what would you call it?
i would call that a fairy tale, because it never happens
catch 22

North Tonawanda, NY

#12 Mar 16, 2013
2 that come to mind are, Bernard Goetz and George Zimmeran...Bernie Goetz, one of the very few ever prosecuted for the 'mandatory year in jail' for unregistered handgun NYS law, was found justifiable in defending himself from 5 thugs on a subway, and then prosecuted for posessing an unregistered gun...Georg Zimmerman, originally deemed justified in defending himself, from a marauding gangsta, was tried and convicted in the liberal media, and probaly stands no chance of a fiar trial now...

Since: Aug 10

Hollis Center, ME

#13 Mar 16, 2013
Neither Bernard goeth nor George Zimmerman were "law abiding citizens who were prosecuted for owning a gun" as you claimed.

Zimmerman will deservedly go to jail.

Goeth was NOT a law abiding gun owner. He had no permit. Therefor he was rightfully convicted of illegal possession of a firearm.

How can either of those examples help your argument?

Since: Aug 10

Hollis Center, ME

#14 Mar 16, 2013
And yes I know the name is goetz, my ipad autocorrects words it doest recognize
catch 22

North Tonawanda, NY

#15 Mar 16, 2013
...ahh, I can see you're confused, both had broken no laws, and therefore were prosecuted for defending themselves...as stated above.
Meanwhile, recent studies show, that the Obama administration has been lax in enforcing existing gun laws. Gun crime prosecutions hit a decade low in 2011, down 40% from their peak under GWB in 2004, according to Federal data crunched by Syracuse University. The SU study found the number of prosecutions fell from 11,000 in 2004 to 6,000 in 2011 under Obama, then ticked up to 7,700 in 2012.
National Criminal Justice Reference Service (NCJRS), which found in 2010, of 6 million Americans who applied to buy a gun, less than 2% or 76,000 were denied (delayed), of those 4,730 were referred for prosecution by ATF, of those just 44 were prosecuted and only 13 recieved punishment for lying or buying a gun illegally. The other 72,000 delays were later approved for gun sales...That really looks like a 99.999% waste of time, money and law enforcement resources... just another dismal liberal failure...
Bernard Continelli

New York, NY

#16 Mar 16, 2013
Goetz should have at LEAST gotten a basic 'owners' permit, and THEN carried his .38 loaded and concealed. At the very worst he would have had his permit revoked and gun confiscated, BUT wouldn't have seen a day of jail time and wouldn't be a convicted felon today.

Personally I think that the nearly century-old NY State Sullivan Act should be repealed as un-Constitutional - in fact it was the result of anti-ethnic prejudices, primarily anti-Italian and secondarily anti-Irish.
tyranny

North Tonawanda, NY

#17 Mar 16, 2013
...yes the law is unconstitutional, and permits are nearly impossible for law abiding citizens to get in NYC...

Since: Aug 10

Hollis Center, ME

#18 Mar 16, 2013
catch 22 wrote:
...ahh, I can see you're confused, both had broken no laws, and therefore were prosecuted for defending themselves...as stated above.
Meanwhile, recent studies show, that the Obama administration has been lax in enforcing existing gun laws. Gun crime prosecutions hit a decade low in 2011, down 40% from their peak under GWB in 2004, according to Federal data crunched by Syracuse University. The SU study found the number of prosecutions fell from 11,000 in 2004 to 6,000 in 2011 under Obama, then ticked up to 7,700 in 2012.
National Criminal Justice Reference Service (NCJRS), which found in 2010, of 6 million Americans who applied to buy a gun, less than 2% or 76,000 were denied (delayed), of those 4,730 were referred for prosecution by ATF, of those just 44 were prosecuted and only 13 recieved punishment for lying or buying a gun illegally. The other 72,000 delays were later approved for gun sales...That really looks like a 99.999% waste of time, money and law enforcement resources... just another dismal liberal failure...
you can dance around all you want, it still won't support your original point. People are NOT being prosecuted for simply owning a gun. Nobody is going to make gun ownership illegal. You have yet to even remotely support that claim

Goetz DID NOT HAVE a license to carry I NY. he was not a law abiding gun owner. That is simply an undeniable fact. The reason goetz was prosecuted is because his behavior after the incident was that of a guilty man. He burned the coat he was wearing, dismantled the gun and got rid if the pieces. Why?

The Zimmerman Martin situation was zimmermans doing. He chose to approach Martin, who was simply walking. Like it or not, black people are allowed on the sidewalk
brown byron

North Tonawanda, NY

#19 Mar 16, 2013
...not in my neighborhood!...any black walking down my street is up to no good!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buffalo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Only homosexual men study Library Science (Jun '17) 2 hr Allen 91
News Getting rid of rats in South Buffalo (Dec '08) 5 hr Rich 38
News ICE Makes 46 Arrests 5 hr Nick 1
News The Depression Coach 6 hr Buck Rohde 27
Bag$ of Money Tobias Boyland Captured (Mar '11) 6 hr Gene Overdorf 13
Sammy Abdellatif 12 hr Pablo 10
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Wed TRUTH TOLD 21,376

Buffalo Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Buffalo Mortgages