On Martha's Vineyard, a stark look at income inequality

Aug 17, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Washington Post

Once a month, on a street of picture-perfect clapboard houses, white picket fences and fluttering American flags, families gather in this wealthy Massachusetts enclave for a lifeline.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of285
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“I just hate stupid people”

Since: Apr 07

DEEP SOUTHERN ILLINOIS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

Judged:

Obama should feel right at home with the other super wealthy liberals.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

Judged:

SIR LANCELOT wrote:
Yes, most of them made their money sucking on the government teat or with their hands in taxpayers pockets.
Responsibility

Petaluma, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

Judged:

Jesus, you guys whine - dears there will always be rich folks and there will always be you.

At least this president was not born with a silver spoon/legacy and he had to work for it!

Sucks, doesn't it?!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

Judged:

Maybe all those GOP Outsourcers, should spend their vacations in Detroit this year......
Cat74

Mchenry, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

Judged:

I think all of us should drive through the Streets of Detroit to see what happens when liberal Democrats are allowed to steal everything not nailed down. It has been deteriorating since the riots of 1968. They began manufacturing second rate Automobiles that fell apart right after the warranty expired. So people bought foreign cars, and the only thing holding Detroit together disappeared.

Since: Nov 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

Judged:

It's all democrat thieves in Mass.
No wonder.
See the Light

El Paso, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

Judged:

Responsibility wrote:
Jesus, you guys whine - dears there will always be rich folks and there will always be you.
At least this president was not born with a silver spoon/legacy and he had to work for it!
Sucks, doesn't it?!
Ironic isn't it, that you wall streeters complain about the Republican rich, but its ok for the Dems. What a hypocrite you are lady! Work for it, remember his famous words"You didn't build that, people helped you along the way". He steals money from the taxpayers always!
Frank

Wesley Chapel, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

Judged:

SIR LANCELOT wrote:
Good thing Obama has a good job because most blacks never make it past the city line at Martha's Vinyard
BarakO

Tulsa, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

Judged:

I dont give a dam about u poor ass folks, get a job n get off my back suckas, u wanna job, mow my lawn n cut trees suckas, dis is u fyucha. BarakO

“Headed toward the cliff”

Since: Nov 07

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

Judged:

Cat74 wrote:
I think all of us should drive through the Streets of Detroit to see what happens when liberal Democrats are allowed to steal everything not nailed down. It has been deteriorating since the riots of 1968. They began manufacturing second rate Automobiles that fell apart right after the warranty expired. So people bought foreign cars, and the only thing holding Detroit together disappeared.
Very few autos were actually manufactured in Detroit after the massive Packard plant closed in 1956.

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

Judged:

SIR LANCELOT wrote:
Actually nearly half of Martha's Vineyard votes Republican, including many of the "super wealthy". But don't let facts stand in the way of your latest anti-Obama rant.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

Judged:

Go Blue Forever wrote:
Maybe all those GOP Outsourcers, should spend their vacations in Detroit this year......
DEMOCRATS DESTROYED DETROIT

Funny how neither CBS, ABC nor NBC have had the balls to explain how Detroit's financial failure, incredibly high taxes, and failed public educational system was due to 50 years of Democratic rule.

On [a recent] Meet the Press, anchor David Gregory bluntly asked Chuck Todd, a former Democratic operative, who was responsible for Detroit’s collapse:“…Who let Detroit down? Which politicians let them down?”

Rather than point out that Democrats have controlled the city for 51 years, that Republicans haven’t held the mayor’s office since 1962, Todd evasively responded,“I think there was poor governance in Detroit for a very long time. This turned into a machine political town.”

Who was responsible for the poor governance? Which machine in particular? Todd wouldn’t say.

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

Judged:

WeTheSheeple wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually nearly half of Martha's Vineyard votes Republican, including many of the "super wealthy". But don't let facts stand in the way of your latest anti-Obama rant.
Obama , like you, is a chronic blame-shifter, whether pointing fingers at Bush, ATMs, the Arab Spring, tsunamis and earthquakes, Europe, the GOP, Rush Limbaugh, Fox News, Super PACs, the Supreme Court, the Chamber of Commerce, and countless other people and organizations.

He, like you, simply is unable to take responsibility for the problems that have occurred on his watch.
detroitisallalon e

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

Judged:

Baba Yaga wrote:
<quoted text>
DEMOCRATS DESTROYED DETROIT
Funny how neither CBS, ABC nor NBC have had the balls to explain how Detroit's financial failure, incredibly high taxes, and failed public educational system was due to 50 years of Democratic rule.
On [a recent] Meet the Press, anchor David Gregory bluntly asked Chuck Todd, a former Democratic operative, who was responsible for Detroit’s collapse:“…Who let Detroit down? Which politicians let them down?”
Rather than point out that Democrats have controlled the city for 51 years, that Republicans haven’t held the mayor’s office since 1962, Todd evasively responded,“I think there was poor governance in Detroit for a very long time. This turned into a machine political town.”
Who was responsible for the poor governance? Which machine in particular? Todd wouldn’t say.
detroit's downfall was multifaceted. Coleman young was very divisive and did much damage to the image. But to blame democrats exclusively is short sighted. There wasn't much anyone could have done to save the city. The republicans are to blame too. Reagan gutted many federal subsidies. Republicans aren't free of all blame for our decaying urban areas.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

Judged:

Frank wrote:
<quoted text>
Good thing Obama has a good job because most blacks never make it past the city line at Martha's Vinyard
Yeah, they should be allowed to live there....You know, with all the movers and shakers...Give them all a taste of the end result of Racial Social Engineering.....Build some Public Housing or raise the Section 8 Assistance, enough to meet local pricing....That's a solution, then we could start on San Francisco.....Yeah, that's the plan.....
Mike McDonald

Tonawanda, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

Judged:

Martha's Vineyard has always been home to those phonies. Sigh.

A Liberals life is a waste of a life. I wish ALL Liberals would see themselves for who they are, and then kill themselves.
Gary

Bellingham, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

Hillary was right, it takes a village.
Sheik Yerbouti

Furlong, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

Judged:

I watched a Detroit city council meeting years ago.(probably because I didn't have anything better to do) A white businessman was trying to get permits for a new business when one of the council members went on a racist rant calling him a 'cracker' amongst other insults. The businessman walked taking jobs with him. I remember when they tried a city officials and had enough evidence to convict him. Unfortunately one juror thought prosecuting a corrupt city official was somehow 'racist.' He walked! No wonder Detroit is in the shape it is in. I remember when it used to be a vibrant city until the 67 riots. Last I heard their schools had a 70% dropout rate!
Gary

Bellingham, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

Judged:

Baba Yaga wrote:
<quoted text>
Obama , like you, is a chronic blame-shifter, whether pointing fingers at Bush, ATMs, the Arab Spring, tsunamis and earthquakes, Europe, the GOP, Rush Limbaugh, Fox News, Super PACs, the Supreme Court, the Chamber of Commerce, and countless other people and organizations.
He, like you, simply is unable to take responsibility for the problems that have occurred on his watch.
Right. He should have taken responsibility for Hurricane
Sandy, the fertilizer plant explosion in West, Texas and the
shootings at Sandy Hook Elementary.

Just like George W. Bush
took responsibility for the economic meltdown of 2007.
He did didn't he?

Tawas City, Michigan

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

Baba Yaga wrote:
<quoted text>
So he's a typical politician, what else is new?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of285
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

12 Users are viewing the Buffalo Forum right now

Search the Buffalo Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 3 hr anonymous 17,911
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 6 hr Get real 6,195
Kelly family returns to their home 8 hr Duh 2
Did Nam Biker Vet Ever See Combat (Jan '10) 8 hr tbird19482 1,001
Tbird and Neocon retreated after being defeated. 9 hr fkn freek 3
Does Lief Coah enjoy Gay Sex? 9 hr fkn freek 6
does Gump have a CPAP 9 hr Cyst Boom Bah 5
•••
•••
•••
•••

Buffalo Jobs

•••
•••