Meaning of the Flag Draped Coffin
LOL

Lancaster, NY

#29 May 28, 2013
GUMPnf wrote:
<quoted text>YOU ARE NUTS
Can you provide valid and official proof that what is explained below is incorrect?
Voice of Genius wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again you mislead the dunces here (esp poor old Gump)
The 13 folds is just coincidence. The dimensions of a regulation flag allow 13 folds with a tuck-in at the end. No one said: hey let's write down 13 thoughts and then figure out how to fold a flag 13 times. The 13 "meanings" came after the fact from people who wanted to give special meaning to the ceremony. As for the 21 gun salute, refer to my next post. 1776 adding up to 21 is another coincidence. Read on.....
Yuuuuup

Lancaster, NY

#30 May 28, 2013
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you provide valid and official proof that what is explained below is incorrect?
<quoted text>
Ha Ha. Don't hold your breath. gump won't be able to prove anything.

When confronted with the TRUTH, these dweebs typically run away with their tail between their legs.

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#31 May 28, 2013
Lifeeeeee Coachhhhhhhhhhh wrote:
<quoted text>
You are probably right
NVB's little story sounds like some of that old Any Rooney "now you know the rest of the story" BS
Who is "ANY Rooney"?
There was an Andy Rooney
And it was "Paul Harvey" and "The rest of the story."
Have a nice night
Lifeeeeee Coachhhhhhhhhhh

Chesapeake, VA

#32 May 28, 2013
tbird19482 wrote:
<quoted text>Who is "ANY Rooney"?
There was an Andy Rooney
And it was "Paul Harvey" and "The rest of the story."
Have a nice night
I stand corrected

I also mix up Denzel Washington and that other guy who is just like him

I am too busy with the Internet to watch much TV
Raped Ape

Tonawanda, NY

#33 May 28, 2013
Lifeeeeee Coachhhhhhhhhhh wrote:
<quoted text>
I stand corrected
I also mix up Denzel Washington and that other guy who is just like him
I am too busy with the Internet to watch much TV
I would like to hear about you in a coffin. Hope you have that fatal heart attack soon.
Lifeeeeee Coachhhhhhhhhhh

Chesapeake, VA

#34 May 28, 2013
Raped Ape wrote:
<quoted text>
I would like to hear about you in a coffin. Hope you have that fatal heart attack soon.
My oh my

That sure was rude
History Teacher

Anaheim, CA

#35 Jun 4, 2013
This is a great story about the meaning to each fold of the flag. But in truth it is not official. There are multiple meanings from various unknown authors. Actually there is nothing in the federal flag code which is PL:94-344 which states the meaning of the folds. As a Marine I accept this story as what the folds mean, because personally I feel it holds the best intentions of what this country was founded on and is about. Also the 21 gun salute has nothing to do with 1776. It came about due to honoring military officials over various years.
LOL

Lancaster, NY

#37 Jun 4, 2013
Yuuuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha Ha. Don't hold your breath. gump won't be able to prove anything.
When confronted with the TRUTH, these dweebs typically run away with their tail between their legs.
You were 100% correct. gump has not been able to prove that any of his silly opinions is actually factual. So...he just ran away. Coward.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#38 Jun 4, 2013
Voice of Genius wrote:
<quoted text>
thanks for clearing this up. You must remember that the original posting was from NAM VET BIKER. He is a fake war hero who was being prosecuted under the stolen valor act before the liberal SCOTUS declared it unconstitutional. He makes occasional overtures in this forum in order to build self esteem,or as tbird called it, self of steam. Biker means well but every time he posts falsehoods that he digs up, he makes it clear that he is basking in the ignorance of his own mythology. Thanks again Marine. SEMPER FIDELIS!
How do you know he is a fake? I never saw a post from him claiming to be a war hero!

Maybe you can back up your false and misleading rhetoric with some actual facts.

You are no better than your brother. Neither of you served anytime or anywhere yet you disparage those that did. What does that say about yourselves?
reality

Lancaster, NY

#39 Jun 4, 2013
BFLO NEOCON wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know he is a fake? I never saw a post from him claiming to be a war hero!
Maybe you can back up your false and misleading rhetoric with some actual facts.
You are no better than your brother. Neither of you served anytime or anywhere yet you disparage those that did. What does that say about yourselves?
82% of the people who post on Topix (including you) are either outright liars or just re-post (cut & paste) BS from other BS websites.

Therefore, no one (including Nam Vet Biker) has any real credibility whatsoever....sorry, but that's reality!

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#40 Jun 4, 2013
reality wrote:
<quoted text>
82% of the people who post on Topix (including you) are either outright liars or just re-post (cut & paste) BS from other BS websites.
Therefore, no one (including Nam Vet Biker) has any real credibility whatsoever....sorry, but that's reality!
So just what lies did I post on here???

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#42 Jun 4, 2013
BFLO NEOCON wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know he is a fake? I never saw a post from him claiming to be a war hero!
Maybe you can back up your false and misleading rhetoric with some actual facts.
You are no better than your brother. Neither of you served anytime or anywhere yet you disparage those that did. What does that say about yourselves?
BUT they know everything there is to know about being in the service.
Just like they know what it is like to be a firemen, they listened to their dad when he was on one of his rants and now they are experts at both being in the service and being a firemen.
Have a nice night

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#43 Jun 4, 2013
Voice of Genius wrote:
<quoted text>
Neo you need to look back in time. I never claimed to have served or not. Biker makes claims that he served in country. That is a tacit claim to being a war hero (I believe all Viet man era vets are heroes because they served under duress.) Biker posted utter nonsense about the Flag. It was fictional and treasonous. When someone posts nonsense like that on a Holiday like Memorial Day, it denigrates all of those who served.
As far as my service record goes, I bought my service time and got 3 additional years of credit for my retirement. I hope you bought yours as well.
Biker is a fraud.
NVB never claimed hero status. In your views anybody who served in Vietnam is a hero for just serving there and because they served under duress.

I enlisted in the Army, volunteered for Vietnam, and volunteered for an extended tour there. No duress, no regrets.

You consider what NVB posted was nonsense, fictional, and treasonous!!!??? You are the fraud, not NVB!

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#47 Jun 4, 2013
Voice of Genius wrote:
<quoted text>
Neo you need to look back in time. I never claimed to have served or not. Biker makes claims that he served in country. That is a tacit claim to being a war hero (I believe all Viet man era vets are heroes because they served under duress.) Biker posted utter nonsense about the Flag. It was fictional and treasonous. When someone posts nonsense like that on a Holiday like Memorial Day, it denigrates all of those who served.
As far as my service record goes, I bought my service time and got 3 additional years of credit for my retirement. I hope you bought yours as well.
Biker is a fraud.
YOU BOUGHT YOUR SERVICE TIME!!!
How do you do that?
Can I buy 14 more years so I can have a retirement from the service too?
Lets see if I can buy 14 years of service time and I got rank at the same rate I was getting it when I was in I would have been a MCPO or had gone on to be a Warrant officer or even a " mustanger" and retired as a LT. Comm. or more.
What a bunch of horse s--t.
YOU BOUGHT YOUR SERVICE TIME and YOU now know all about being in the service, ROFLMAO.
What an ass.
Have a nice night

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#48 Jun 4, 2013
Voice of Genius wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know anything about being a fireman except that most of the people convicted of arson in NYS are vollys.
More BS from your dads drunken rants.
And as I have said many times before if they would give the vollys that extra 80 hours training that the paid firefighters get then they would know how to hide the fires they set just as well as the paid firefighters do.
Have a nice night

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#49 Jun 4, 2013
tbird19482 wrote:
<quoted text>YOU BOUGHT YOUR SERVICE TIME!!!
How do you do that?
Can I buy 14 more years so I can have a retirement from the service too?
Lets see if I can buy 14 years of service time and I got rank at the same rate I was getting it when I was in I would have been a MCPO or had gone on to be a Warrant officer or even a " mustanger" and retired as a LT. Comm. or more.
What a bunch of horse s--t.
YOU BOUGHT YOUR SERVICE TIME and YOU now know all about being in the service, ROFLMAO.
What an ass.
Have a nice night
No. That's not what he means. If you have a Civil Service job you can buy your military time back and add it to your total years of Civil Service to increase your pension benefits.

I did not buy my military time because I maxed out my pension benefit without them. Buying them back would not have increased my pension and would have cost me approx.$6K.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#50 Jun 4, 2013
Voice of Genius wrote:
<quoted text>
As a vet from the Viet man era you must know Pat Murphy. He was a bpd patrolman in 16 in the 70s and 80s. Good guy. Liked Genny Cream ale
Pat Murphy retired a couple years back from the Evidence Unit as a Det/Sgt.
Lifeeeeeeee Coachhhhhhhhh

Chesapeake, VA

#51 Jun 4, 2013
BFLO NEOCON wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you know he is a fake? I never saw a post from him claiming to be a war hero!
Maybe you can back up your false and misleading rhetoric with some actual facts.
You are no better than your brother. Neither of you served anytime or anywhere yet you disparage those that did. What does that say about yourselves?
As far as I am concerned, and I have explained this many times- I turned 18 when in 1975 after Viet Nam. There was no prolonged war for me to fight until I was in my my 40's.

I will, however admit that I would not have volunteered for Viet Nam if it was still going on when I turned 18, but I would not have used fraud and political influence to dodge the war the way your conservative chickenhawk buddies (Limbaugh, Romney, Quayle, "W", George Allen, and Cheney) did

If I was going to get drafted, I probably would have joined the nice, safe Navy the way tbird did
Lifeeeeeeee Coachhhhhhhhh

Chesapeake, VA

#52 Jun 4, 2013
tbird19482 wrote:
<quoted text>BUT they know everything there is to know about being in the service.
Just like they know what it is like to be a firemen, they listened to their dad when he was on one of his rants and now they are experts at both being in the service and being a firemen.
Have a nice night
I was never a fireman, and neither were you
Lifeeeeeeee Coachhhhhhhhh

Chesapeake, VA

#53 Jun 4, 2013
tbird19482 wrote:
<quoted text>YOU BOUGHT YOUR SERVICE TIME!!!
How do you do that?
Can I buy 14 more years so I can have a retirement from the service too?
Lets see if I can buy 14 years of service time and I got rank at the same rate I was getting it when I was in I would have been a MCPO or had gone on to be a Warrant officer or even a " mustanger" and retired as a LT. Comm. or more.
What a bunch of horse s--t.
YOU BOUGHT YOUR SERVICE TIME and YOU now know all about being in the service, ROFLMAO.
What an ass.
Have a nice night
I bought 26 months, but I was never in the military

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buffalo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Governor Cuomo Tweaks Senecas 3 hr Central Intel 16
If Buffalo were to get a new name, What would i... 5 hr Native landlord 3
Only homosexual men study Library Science 10 hr Teeny Weenie 67
Will Buffalo's Porn Stars Go Main Stream? (Apr '08) Sun lol 38
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Sun Linden Nj 21,198
Poll Is the Buffalo Police Department Corrupt? (Jun '08) Sat Hate is w 48
LIEF Jong Un Sat Coach Bruzechchsk... 2

Buffalo Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Buffalo Mortgages