Posted in the Buffalo Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“ALL GAVE SOME - SOME GAVE ALL”

Since: Jul 08

Location hidden

#1 May 26, 2013
All Americans should be given this lesson. Those who think that America is an arrogant nation should really reconsider that thought. Our founding fathers used GOD's word and teachings to establish our Great Nation and I think it's high time Americans get re-educated about this Nation's
history.

Pass it along and be proud of the country we live in,and even more proud of those who serve to protect our 'GOD-GIVEN' rights and freedoms.

I hope you take the time to read this ... To understand what the flag draped coffin really means .. Here is how to understand the flag that laid upon it and is surrendered to so many widows and widowers:

Do you know that at military funerals, the 21-gun salute stands for the sum of the numbers
in the year 1776?

Have you ever noticed that the honor guard pays meticulous attention to correctly folding the United States of America Flag 13 times? You probably thought it was to symbolize the original 13 colonies, but we learn something new every day!

The 1st fold of the flag is a symbol of life.

The 2nd fold is a symbol of the belief in eternal life.

The 3rd fold is made in honor and remembrance of the veterans departing the ranks who gave a portion of their lives for the defense of the country to attain peace throughout the world.

The 4th fold represents the weaker nature, for as American citizens trusting in God, it is to Him we turn in times of peace as well as in time
of war for His divine guidance.

The 5th fold is a tribute to the country, for in the words of Stephen Decatur,'Our Country, in dealing with other countries, may she always be
right; but it is still our country, right or wrong.'

The 6th fold is for where people's hearts lie. It is with their heart that they pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.

The 7th fold is a tribute to its Armed Forces, for it is through the Armed Forces that they protect their country and their flag against all
her enemies, whether they be found within or without the boundaries of their republic.

The 8th fold is a tribute to the one who entered into the valley of the shadow of death, that we might see the light of day.

The 9th fold is a tribute to womanhood, and Mothers. For it has been through their faith, their love, loyalty and devotion that the character
of the men and women who have made this country great has been molded.

The 10th fold is a tribute to the father, for he, too, has given his sons and daughters for the defense of their country since they were first
born.

The 11th fold represents the lower portion of the seal of King David and King Solomon and glorifies in the Hebrews eyes, the God of Abraham, Isaac
and Jacob.

The 12th fold represents an emblem of eternity and glorifies, in the Christians eyes, God the Father, the Son and Holy Spirit.

The 13th fold, or when the flag is completely folded, the stars are uppermost reminding them of their Nations motto,'In God We Trust'.

After the flag is completely folded and tucked in, it takes on the appearance of a cocked hat, ever reminding us of the soldiers who served under General George Washington, and the Sailors and Marines who served under Captain John Paul Jones, who were followed by their comrades and
shipmates in the Armed Forces of the United States, preserving for them the rights, privileges and freedoms they enjoy today.
There are some traditions and ways of doing things that have deep meaning. In the future, you'll see flags folded and now you will know
why.

Share this with the children you love and all others who love what is referred to as the symbol of 'Liberty and Freedom'.
Fun Facts to Know

Hamburg, NY

#2 May 27, 2013
While the above posting (cut and paste from an old internet chain email) is patriotic and sentimental....

It is merely OPINION and falsehoods. For example, the 21-gun salute DOES NOT stand for the sum of the numbers in the year 1776.

There is NO OFFICIAL MEANING to the folding of the flag. Contrary to what many continue believe, the Founding Fathers did not fight to create this country with freedoms that have religious ties or ascribe to any specific religion or God.

Therefore there is no official script that goes along with the ceremonial folding of the flag. This is just ONE that came about and may be used if a grieving family chooses to do so. There a re many other scripts that can be used as well. OR...the folding can be done silently.

In particular....Folds 11, 12 and 13 show a disrespect for those who have fought for this country for the same freedoms as the rest, yet are Muslim, Jewish, or even atheist. They have the right to their beliefs just as the Christians do,

It is important to remember that we teach our children our religious values but that we also teach them that this country was founded for ALL PEOPLE to practice (or not to practice) their chosen religion.
GUMPnf

Niagara Falls, NY

#3 May 27, 2013
NAM VET BIKER wrote:
All Americans should be given this lesson. Those who think that America is an arrogant nation should really reconsider that thought. Our founding fathers used GOD's word and teachings to establish our Great Nation and I think it's high time Americans get re-educated about this Nation's
history.
Pass it along and be proud of the country we live in,and even more proud of those who serve to protect our 'GOD-GIVEN' rights and freedoms.
I hope you take the time to read this ... To understand what the flag draped coffin really means .. Here is how to understand the flag that laid upon it and is surrendered to so many widows and widowers:
Do you know that at military funerals, the 21-gun salute stands for the sum of the numbers
in the year 1776?
Have you ever noticed that the honor guard pays meticulous attention to correctly folding the United States of America Flag 13 times? You probably thought it was to symbolize the original 13 colonies, but we learn something new every day!
The 3rd fold is made in honor and remembrance of the veterans departing the ranks who gave a portion of their lives for the defense of the country to attain peace throughout the world.
The 4th fold represents the weaker nature, for as American citizens trusting in God, it is to Him we turn in times of peace as well as in time
The 5th fold is a tribute to the country, for in the words of Stephen Decatur,'Our Country, in dealing with other countries, may she always be
The 6th fold is for where people's hearts lie. It is with their heart that they pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States of America, and the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
The 7th fold is a tribute to its Armed Forces, for it is through the Armed Forces that they protect their country and their flag against all
her enemies, whether they be found within or without the boundaries of their republic.
The 8th fold is a tribute to the one who entered into the valley of the shadow of death, that we might see the light of day.
The 9th fold is a tribute to womanhood, and Mothers. For it has been through their faith, their love, loyalty and devotion that the character
The 10th fold is a tribute to the father, for he, too, has given his sons and daughters for the defense of their country since they were first
born.
The 11th fold represents the lower portion of the seal of King David and King Solomon and glorifies in the Hebrews eyes, the God of Abraham, Isaac
and Jacob.
The 12th fold represents an emblem of eternity and glorifies, in the Christians eyes, God the Father, the Son and Holy Spirit.
The 13th fold, or when the flag is completely folded, the stars are uppermost reminding them of their Nations motto,'In God We Trust'.
After the flag is completely folded and tucked in, it takes on the appearance of a cocked hat, ever reminding us of the soldiers who served under General George Washington, and the Sailors and Marines who served under Captain John Paul Jones, who were followed by their comrades and
shipmates in the Armed Forces of the United States, preserving for them the rights, privileges and freedoms they enjoy today.
There are some traditions and ways of doing things that have deep meaning. In the future, you'll see flags folded and now you will know
why.
Share this with the children you love and all others who love what is referred to as the symbol of 'Liberty and Freedom'.
BIKER Thank you.
A very good post of information. there are many that do not know what each folds represent. aGain THANK YOU
GUMPnf

Niagara Falls, NY

#4 May 27, 2013
Fun Facts to Know wrote:
While the above posting (cut and paste from an old internet chain email) is patriotic and sentimental....
It is merely OPINION and falsehoods. For example, the 21-gun salute DOES NOT stand for the sum of the numbers in the year 1776.
There is NO OFFICIAL MEANING to the folding of the flag. Contrary to what many continue believe, the Founding Fathers did not fight to create this country with freedoms that have religious ties or ascribe to any specific religion or God.
Therefore there is no official script that goes along with the ceremonial folding of the flag. This is just ONE that came about and may be used if a grieving family chooses to do so. There a re many other scripts that can be used as well. OR...the folding can be done silently.
In particular....Folds 11, 12 and 13 show a disrespect for those who have fought for this country for the same freedoms as the rest, yet are Muslim, Jewish, or even atheist. They have the right to their beliefs just as the Christians do,
It is important to remember that we teach our children our religious values but that we also teach them that this country was founded for ALL PEOPLE to practice (or not to practice) their chosen religion.
AGAIN another one that has a different look at what the folding of the flag means. DISENTER
LOL

Hamburg, NY

#7 May 27, 2013
GUMPnf wrote:
<quoted text>AGAIN another one that has a different look at what the folding of the flag means. DISENTER
You are an ignorant old fool. It's not about an opinion, it's FACT!

There is no official meaning to the folding of the flag.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#8 May 27, 2013
NAM VET BIKER and Gump are right!

French Model

Buffalo, NY

#9 May 27, 2013
BFLO NEOCON wrote:
NAM VET BIKER and Gump are right!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Sp4BP-Lm3s8XX
If someone posted it on the internet, especially YouTube, it must be true.

Location hidden

#12 May 27, 2013
Voice of Genius wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you serious? Using YouTube to validate those 2 dolts?
As an ex military person you should know better.....unless you didn't serve???????
I didn't post that YouTube video. An Artillery Organization did.

Location hidden

#13 May 27, 2013
BFLO NEOCON wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't post that YouTube video. An Artillery Organization did.
The 18th Artillery Group Association made that video. By the way Pogue, where and when did you serve?
Yeah, that's what I figured!
Cyst boom bah

North Tonawanda, NY

#15 May 27, 2013
GUMPnf wrote:
<quoted text>BIKER Thank you.
A very good post of information. there are many that do not know what each folds represent. aGain THANK YOU
Hey Forrest, go squeeze your carbuncles and then keel over.
Yuuuuup

Hamburg, NY

#16 May 27, 2013
Voice of Genius wrote:
<quoted text>
The 18th artillery group is a FOR PROFIT .COM ORGANIZATION that is not a part of the US Armed Forces. It club that dedicates itself to keeping track of formers of the 18th. It is staffed by civilians who had family in the 18th. The actual 18th is stationed at Ft. Sill.
The civilian club is basking in the glory of those who served and have no standing in any military matters. Their video is not officially recognized due to its lack of authenticity.
Sorry for correcting you. You are losing face in here daily and soon only tbird and gump will believe you.
Yup. That's typical of Neocon and most of the other uninformed dweebs that post here. They'll copy and paste unsubstantiated nonsense from any old website or blog or email that their tea party cousin sends them as if it is the absolute truth.

Pretty scary that this dude Neocon says he was once some kind of law enforcement office yet he's so gullible when it comes to posting REAL information.

Yup. gump will believe anything that these goofs post.
Forum Gumshoe

Buffalo, NY

#18 May 27, 2013
Voice of Genius wrote:
My research revealed that neo was a very good cop. He is now retired. I respect him and I almost took his bait earlier. I spit the hook though.
You finally figured out who he is? Took you long enough!
Forum Gumshoe

Buffalo, NY

#21 May 27, 2013
Voice of Genius wrote:
It took about 3 days after I decided to find out. Didn't cost me a penny either. I have known since around mid February.
Took me less than a day but, then again, I'm a pro.
Lifeeeeee Coachhhhhhhhhhh

Chesapeake, VA

#22 May 27, 2013
NAM VET BIKER wrote:
All Americans should be given this lesson. Those who think that America ur Great Nation and I think it's high time Americans get re-educated about this Nation's
history.
Pass it along and be proud of the country we live in,and even more proud of those who serve to protect our 'GOD-GIVEN' rights and freread this ... To understand what the flag draped coffin really means .. Here is how to understand the flag that laid upon it and is surrendered to so many widows and widowers:
in the year 1776?
born.
and Jacob.
why.
My father taught me how to fold the flag when I was very young, but he never told me what you said it meant. My father was a Marine in WWII. He volunteered. He never saw combat. He went out early on a legit medical. He never claimed he did see combat.
Did YOU see combat?
You try to give give that impression,but I seriously doubt it
Lifeeeeee Coachhhhhhhhhhh

Chesapeake, VA

#23 May 27, 2013
Voice of Genius wrote:
The meanings were assigned long after the ritual was established. 13 folds is a pure coincidence. Had it taken 12 or 14 folds, they would have come up with that many meanings. This is a classic chicken/egg situation. Folding is the chicken and meanings are the egg.
You are probably right

NVB's little story sounds like some of that old Any Rooney "now you know the rest of the story" BS

Location hidden

#24 May 27, 2013
Voice of Genius wrote:
<quoted text>
The 18th artillery group is a FOR PROFIT .COM ORGANIZATION that is not a part of the US Armed Forces. It club that dedicates itself to keeping track of formers of the 18th. It is staffed by civilians who had family in the 18th. The actual 18th is stationed at Ft. Sill.
The civilian club is basking in the glory of those who served and have no standing in any military matters. Their video is not officially recognized due to its lack of authenticity.
Sorry for correcting you. You are losing face in here daily and soon only tbird and gump will believe you.
WRONG!!!

Membership in the Group to any Men or Women Assigned to the 18th Field Artillery and it's successors. Member's Spouses are Auxiliary Members.
GUMPnf

Niagara Falls, NY

#25 May 28, 2013
Voice of Genius wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again you mislead the dunces here (esp poor old Gump)
The 13 folds is just coincidence. The dimensions of a regulation flag allow 13 folds with a tuck-in at the end. No one said: hey let's write down 13 thoughts and then figure out how to fold a flag 13 times. The 13 "meanings" came after the fact from people who wanted to give special meaning to the ceremony. As for the 21 gun salute, refer to my next post. 1776 adding up to 21 is another coincidence. Read on.....
YOU ARE NUTS
GUMPnf

Niagara Falls, NY

#26 May 28, 2013
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
You are an ignorant old fool. It's not about an opinion, it's FACT!
There is no official meaning to the folding of the flag.
A nother fool about facts of the flag
GUMPnf

Niagara Falls, NY

#27 May 28, 2013
Yuuuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup. That's typical of Neocon and most of the other uninformed dweebs that post here. They'll copy and paste unsubstantiated nonsense from any old website or blog or email that their tea party cousin sends them as if it is the absolute truth.
Pretty scary that this dude Neocon says he was once some kind of law enforcement office yet he's so gullible when it comes to posting REAL information.
Yup. gump will believe anything that these goofs post.
NOPE I will belive what is true not like you that knows everything about nothing & took a lifetime of learning it
LOL

Hamburg, NY

#28 May 28, 2013
GUMPnf wrote:
<quoted text>A nother fool about facts of the flag
You are indeed an ignorant fool!

Because you are so cognitively impaired I will provide you with a link to the FACTS and LAWS about the American flag:

www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/STATUTE-90/pdf/STATUTE-...

You can read the OFFICIAL United States Laws about the American flag---you can read, can't you?

Public Law 94-344, known as the Federal Flag Code, is the law of the land regarding the handling and displaying of the American flag. It does NOT include anything regarding the significance or meaning of folding the flag. The code was first adopted by Congress in 1923 and revised numerous times.

According to the American Legion, the code does NOT call for a ceremonial folding of the flag and the folding procedure is also merely traditional. Same for the meanings of the folds. Nobody seems to know when or where that originated or who wrote it. There is speculation that it may have come from a chaplain who attached the mostly Judeo-Christian religious meanings to the folds, perhaps for a burial ceremony.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buffalo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Has Tbird ever built any snowmen? 1 hr Eddie Haskell 0
Most overused word on this forum? 3 hr Larry Mondello 4
HoodshowHiphop 4 hr Buck Rohde 2
flooding expected in west seneca 7 hr Grateful old Genius 4
Cuomo kicks off 'Fight For Fair Pay' campaign i... 10 hr MAYORDYSASTER 1
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 11 hr Homeboi 19,642
Buffalo Comeback? 11 hr Homeboi 5
Buffalo Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Buffalo People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:19 am PST