Conservatives doing what they do best

Since: Aug 10

Buffalo, NY

#22 Oct 20, 2013
One little comment brings on a tirade about me! I LOVE IT!!!!

Facts

- I have an education....you do not
- I earn a GREAT living and still have time to annoy you!

Conservatives here do all the work for me. the lot of them are dumb as bricks and prove it with each and every post!

I had to correct the typo, because being brainless conservatives, that will be the only response

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#25 Oct 20, 2013
FFS- wrote:
One little comment brings on a tirade about me! I LOVE IT!!!!
Facts
- I have an education....you do not
- I earn a GREAT living and still have time to annoy you!
Conservatives here do all the work for me. the lot of them are dumb as bricks and prove it with each and every post!
I had to correct the typo, because being brainless conservatives, that will be the only response
You claim to have an education. Is that because you have a college degree? College graduates receive a diploma, but not necessarily an education.

Many people much smarter and wiser than you have obtained great educations by reading from books and good material to obtain their knowledge. The average person can go to the library and or go on the internet and learn just about anything they want. The real reason people go to college is for a degree, not an education. A degree is nothing more than a piece of paper.

A good knowledge of the required life skills to survive and thrive in today's society can be learned in the first 12 years of school. Liberals always claim that 12 years is not enough today, but that is because of a failed corrupted education system set up and administered by the liberals.

Buffalo, NY

#26 Oct 20, 2013
BFLO NEOCON wrote:
<quoted text>
You claim to have an education. Is that because you have a college degree? College graduates receive a diploma, but not necessarily an education.
Many people much smarter and wiser than you have obtained great educations by reading from books and good material to obtain their knowledge. The average person can go to the library and or go on the internet and learn just about anything they want. The real reason people go to college is for a degree, not an education. A degree is nothing more than a piece of paper.
A good knowledge of the required life skills to survive and thrive in today's society can be learned in the first 12 years of school. Liberals always claim that 12 years is not enough today, but that is because of a failed corrupted education system set up and administered by the liberals.
Yup, the often repeated words of someone without a college degree. Ye, an education means you went to school and graduated. Odd you needed to ask, lol!

There is a reason military officers are required to have degrees, it weeds out most of the morons. I wouldn't want my house built by an architect without a degree. I wouldn't see a doctor without a degree, I wouldn't hire a lawyer without a degree. A college degree separates me from you. It separates the intelligent from the average.

Location hidden

#28 Oct 20, 2013
FFS- wrote:
<quoted text>Yup, the often repeated words of someone without a college degree. Ye, an education means you went to school and graduated. Odd you needed to ask, lol!
There is a reason military officers are required to have degrees, it weeds out most of the morons. I wouldn't want my house built by an architect without a degree. I wouldn't see a doctor without a degree, I wouldn't hire a lawyer without a degree. A college degree separates me from you. It separates the intelligent from the average.
I never said I didn't have a degree. I simply stated, in words even YOU can comprehend, a college degree does not mean you're educated. A person can be highly educated and extremely successful but not have a BS sheepskin to hang on their wall to collect dust.

In my time in the service the best officers I knew were 90 day wonders without college degrees. The worst were those that didn't have any common sense but they had all kinds of college diplomas they constantly bragged about....just like you do! The best battlefield surgeons I seen in action were Army medics. They saved as many lives as any of the Docs back at Basecamp.

When I was in Patrol a long time ago I had a partner with two Masters degrees. He was a school teacher before his appointment to the PD. We were at the stationhouse one afternoon shift when "a man with a gun" call was broadcast. We responded to the location and exited the car. I then noticed my partner didn't have his gun belt on. He left it back at the stationhouse. So much for separating the intelligent from the average.

And I bet you any money that the people who actually BUILT your house didn't have college degrees.

Location hidden

#29 Oct 20, 2013
Leaping Cone wrote:
<quoted text>
Usual response from someone with a limited education.
Getting a degree involves learning not only what you want to learn but also learning things you think you don't want to learn but you SHOULD learn those things
You're just trying to justify a wasted education. Lucky for you you didn't have to pay for it!

My limited education was enough to make me an $80K pension for the rest of my life.

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#30 Oct 20, 2013
FFS- wrote:
<quoted text>Yup, the often repeated words of someone without a college degree. Ye, an education means you went to school and graduated. Odd you needed to ask, lol!
Officers are NOT required to have a college degree.
There is what they call a " Mustanger" and that is a person that comes up through the ranks becomes an E-7 or above.
He can apply to become a warrent officer and after being a warrent officer for 2 years can become a limited duty officer.
In the navy they become Ensigns and can go up from there.
They also get to wear a mustang pin on their collar.
That shows people that he came up through the ranks and the enlisted give him a lot more respect than they do reg. officers.
You can read about it here.
http://www.military.com/join-armed-forces/joi...
Have a nice night

Location hidden

#31 Oct 20, 2013
tbird19482 wrote:
<quoted text>Officers are NOT required to have a college degree.
There is what they call a " Mustanger" and that is a person that comes up through the ranks becomes an E-7 or above.
He can apply to become a warrent officer and after being a warrent officer for 2 years can become a limited duty officer.
That shows people that he came up through the ranks and the enlisted give him a lot more respect than they do reg. officers.
Have a nice night
After I graduated high school I enlisted in the U.S. Army. The first few days of basic training I was subjected to a battery of testing. Afterwards I was called in and offered the chance to attend flight school. Upon completion I would be commissioned as a Warrant Officer. The only catch was I would have had to extend my enlistment time to cover 3 years after flight school and being commissioned. I graciously declined. After Basic and AIT I was sent to Viet Nam were I spent the remainder of my enlistment commitment. I wonder where I'd be now if I had accepted that commission.

Buffalo, NY

#34 Oct 21, 2013
tbird19482 wrote:
<quoted text>Officers are NOT required to have a college degree.
Have a nice night
Commissioned officers are REQUIRED to have a college degree.

Location hidden

#35 Oct 21, 2013
FFS- wrote:
<quoted text>Commissioned officers are REQUIRED to have a college degree.
I see you didn't bother to read the last three par. of that article I posted.
The article is named " How to become a Naval Officer "
I had a Lt. Comm. that was a Mustanger and he didn't have any college.
By the way that art. is from Military.com , I took it off their site.
Have a nice day

Location hidden

#36 Oct 21, 2013
FFS- wrote:
<quoted text>Commissioned officers are REQUIRED to have a college degree.
P.S.
Mustangers are Commissioned line officers.
Read the srticle.
factcheck

New London, CT

#37 Oct 21, 2013
tbird19482 wrote:
<quoted text>P.S.
Read the srticle.
I know several officers that advanced quickly through the enlisted ranks and were sent to officer school. They are not collage edjukaydid, butt nuntheless they are officesirs. Fully commissioned sirving on newquelar submareens. This is not present day too, not something from the passed.
GUMPnf

Niagara Falls, NY

#38 Oct 21, 2013
tbird19482 wrote:
<quoted text>P.S.
Read the article.
TBIRD, Do you expect the fool FFS will ever believe ANYBODY that doesn't agree with him ?

He claims to be a officer which he might be right,
A office worker that pushes a pencil or a paper shuffler.
A positive position for him is latrine scrubber
GUMPnf

Niagara Falls, NY

#39 Oct 21, 2013
factcheck wrote:
<quoted text>
I know several officers that advanced quickly through the enlisted ranks and were sent to officer school. They are not collage edjukaydid, butt nuntheless they are officesirs. Fully commissioned sirving on newquelar submareens. This is not present day too, not something from the passed.
Fact check my friend, TBIRD knows what he is posting & should not be made fun of.
On the other hand FFS knows everything about nothing & he learned it all in K G
GUMPnf

Niagara Falls, NY

#40 Oct 21, 2013
Voice of Genius wrote:
<quoted text>
I have 2 master's degrees and in 31 years earned a $75k pension For life. A few yrs of college fun and union paid educational while employed seemed to serve me well in a lot less time. Oh...I did not worked an overtime shift since October 1984 and had all weekends and holidays off since that time too. Never had to book off sick to attend a wedding or party. And worked day shift since October 1984. Along the way I learned how to irritate uneducated grunts too.
RRRRRIGHT. I as a uneducated grunt I also know how to irritate blowhard master degreed fools
factcheck

New London, CT

#41 Oct 21, 2013
GUMPnf wrote:
<quoted text>Fact check my friend, TBIRD knows what he is posting & should not be made fun of.
On the other hand FFS knows everything about nothing & he learned it all in K G
I wasn't. FFS is incorrect, but that isn't something out of the ordinary. The composition was to help those in the Buffalo Topix that have become so accustomed to the alleged tbird style.

Never signed up for military service, but nothing I can do about that now. I have just shy of 300 UB engineering credits, but that is just a number. I'm sure FFS has much more than that and his are from Harvard, Stanford and Cambridge. He is frequently discussed by the various Nobel committees too.
factcheck

New London, CT

#45 Oct 21, 2013
BFLO NEOCON wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said I didn't have a degree. I simply stated, in words even YOU can comprehend, a college degree does not mean you're educated. A person can be highly educated and extremely successful but not have a BS sheepskin to hang on their wall to collect dust.
In my time in the service the best officers I knew were 90 day wonders without college degrees. The worst were those that didn't have any common sense but they had all kinds of college diplomas they constantly bragged about....just like you do! The best battlefield surgeons I seen in action were Army medics. They saved as many lives as any of the Docs back at Basecamp.
When I was in Patrol a long time ago I had a partner with two Masters degrees. He was a school teacher before his appointment to the PD. We were at the stationhouse one afternoon shift when "a man with a gun" call was broadcast. We responded to the location and exited the car. I then noticed my partner didn't have his gun belt on. He left it back at the stationhouse. So much for separating the intelligent from the average.
And I bet you any money that the people who actually BUILT your house didn't have college degrees.
The RMS Titanic was BUILT by men that did not have college degrees too.

Buffalo, NY

#46 Oct 21, 2013
tbird19482 wrote:
<quoted text>I see you didn't bother to read the last three par. of that article I posted.
The article is named " How to become a Naval Officer "
I had a Lt. Comm. that was a Mustanger and he didn't have any college.
By the way that art. is from Military.com , I took it off their site.
Have a nice day
Actually, I did read the artocle you linked to. The second paragraph states:

"You must have at least a bachelor's degree."

Buffalo, NY

#47 Oct 21, 2013
factcheck wrote:
<quoted text>
The RMS Titanic was BUILT by men that did not have college degrees too.
Guys with degrees generally dont rivet sips together!

Buffalo, NY

#48 Oct 21, 2013
ships
GUMPnf

North Tonawanda, NY

#49 Oct 21, 2013
GUMPnf wrote:
<quoted text>RRRRRIGHT. I as a uneducated grunt I also know how to irritate blowhard master degreed fools
What language are you attempting to speak?

"I as a uneducated...etc, etc, etc", shows you are, in fact, an uneducated blowhard - with carbuncles.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buffalo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
why are there no 'i love donald trump' yakkfests? 5 min You Know Who 2
Do black lives really matter? 5 hr sister Pendulous ... 29
Life Coach does 100 pushups in 2 minutes 5 hr sister Pendulous ... 5
jaesea jones jason mickens? 17 hr eww 12
What's the deal with Fr. Joe Rogliano 18 hr economist 5
Hillary clinton IRS investigation Wed Norman VN 1
Attorney John Liberti arrested (Aug '10) Wed I know the victim 43

Buffalo Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance