Buffalo Fire Department salaries and overtime for 2007

Full story: Buffalo News 12
To find Buffalo Fire Department salaries, type in an employee's name, select a department or title from the drop down boxes, or select "all," then search. Full Story
Debra

Buffalo, NY

#1 Mar 10, 2008
I am sure that the employee's of the Buffalo Fire Department are not happy that anyone that knows them can view their salaries. I believe that this is a private issue and should not be published. I would not want anyone other that my significant other to know what my salary is.
Truckin

United States

#2 Mar 10, 2008
They are public servants and since they get paid with taxpayer money they are subject to posting of salary.

Hats off to the policeman who made $190K

His pension will be $140K/yr should he retire today.
Pat

AOL

#3 Mar 20, 2008
They work every hour they are paid for. They are doing nothing wrong.
katie

Keene, NH

#4 May 7, 2008
Truckin wrote:
They are public servants and since they get paid with taxpayer money they are subject to posting of salary.
Hats off to the policeman who made $190K
His pension will be $140K/yr should he retire today.
Hi I have a question do you no if the buffalo firefighters recieved their raises yet..
katie

Keene, NH

#5 May 7, 2008
If you have any info on that subject can u email me at sixisenuf11203@aol.com please
xhoser

Niagara Falls, NY

#6 Jun 6, 2008
If you truly examine the over time and the causes for same one see's a common thread - the higher the rank - the bigger the check - wheres the Union in all this ? Does the Mayor actualy know what the BFD Headquarters staff is doing. I believe he has been kept in the dark on many issues - why ? Whats next for the Union President ? July's topic will focus on training , in house style !

Pay the F.F.'s what they negotiated for - then take a hard look at what drives this department - from the top down !
all

Durham, NC

#7 Nov 10, 2008
all
Life Coach

AOL

#8 Nov 10, 2008
Pat wrote:
They work every hour they are paid for. They are doing nothing wrong.
I agree. Overtime is good for the taxpayers because a fireman working at time and a half id cheaper than training another fireman and paying him at straight pay with benefits

The only problems I see is if the firemen are worked so long that they are fatigued or if favoritism is shown when passing outthe OT.

Seeing as everyone except the guys on disability have at least some overtime that there are times when guys who dont want OT are FORCED into it. Why beat up on the guys who are willing to take on more of the burden? What difference does it make if you pay two guys 10 hours a week OT or pay one guy 20 hours.

The real problem is that out in teh suburbs their are FAKE firemen (volunteers) working for free who are incompetent and most of them are arsonists
NeverNotFresh

Buffalo, NY

#9 Oct 31, 2009
where do you get off calling volunteers arsonists?
and for your information every department has standards of taking a course called firefighter I which in actuality is a 114 hour class on firefighting, move out of the suburbs if you dont trust the people that are risking themselves for your possesions and your life.
Life Coach

AOL

#10 Oct 31, 2009
NeverNotFresh wrote:
and for your information every department has standards of taking a course called firefighter I which in actuality is a 114 hour class on firefighting, move out of the suburbs if you dont trust the people that are risking themselves for your possesions and your life.
Most of th evolunteer firemen training is done by other volunteers who are also a joke

There is no physical training or physical standards for the volunteer training.

Volunteer fire companies do a very limited background investigation, so many arsonists slip through teh cracks

“Welcome to the good life.”

Since: Oct 09

B-Lo

#11 Nov 1, 2009
katie wrote:
<quoted text>Hi I have a question do you no if the buffalo firefighters recieved their raises yet..
Sorry, you'll have to get your alimony information from somewhere else.
tbird19482

AOL

#12 Nov 1, 2009
NeverNotFresh wrote:
Don't pay any attention to Life He is an a-- and is anti - volunteer firefighter.

He thinks he has a plan that everybody could have a paid fire dept, and it would only cost $180. per household. And He will win the Nobel Prize for it..

He made up what he calls an "FBI" fact,[ that nobody but he can find ] that says 82% of Volunteer firefighters are Arsonists [ some times he puts in " psycho-sexual arsonists}

And when he starts looking like the fool he is he will start calling you names, trys to change the subject, and if its really bad He gets the thread removed.

He has no respect for the people that put their lives on the line everyday and don't get a cent for it, and sometimes not even a thank you.

Good luck and have a nice day

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buffalo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fleebird No Show 31 min Laqqque Climbers 29
Did Nam Biker Vet Ever See Combat (Jan '10) 36 min Laqqque Climbers 1,205
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 1 hr WARRIOR 19,286
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 1 hr Joe Voter 6,473
Does Lief Coah enjoy Gay Sex? 1 hr Pin Setter 34
Ralph "Bucky" Phillips Spotted In Chatauqua County (Jul '06) 4 hr chip 1,604
Racist Buffalo Bills 6 hr Laqqque Climbers 10
Buffalo Dating
Find my Match

Buffalo Jobs

Buffalo People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Buffalo News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Buffalo

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]