You need to trade Flynn now

You need to trade Flynn now

There are 19 comments on the Silver And Black Pride story from Aug 26, 2013, titled You need to trade Flynn now. In it, Silver And Black Pride reports that:

Flynn is a solid back up for a good team, he does not fit our needs. His lack of mobility will get him killed with our line, we should trade Flynn now why there are teams needing a QB and go with Pryor and MCGoin and Wilson.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Silver And Black Pride.

“PLAY TO WIN”

Since: Jul 09

" I DA HO " !

#1 Aug 26, 2013
im starting to feel that way now! not because he's not a good or decent (qb), cause, we'll probably never know. but because he has an issue with tendinitis! if it wasn't an issue, it would be okay, but he's had that since way back in seattle! wonder if he had it late in g-bay? seems as though his arm gets tired that he has to ice it constantly. d allen say's he don't think it's nothing serious, but???
RAIDERS 2013!!!
wiscraider

Chippewa Falls, WI

#2 Aug 26, 2013
I agree, I like the makeup of wilson as our starter a year or two from now.give pryor the reins this year.... Also keep mcgoin!!! JMO

“RaiderNation of Domination”

Since: May 07

Some West Texas County

#3 Aug 26, 2013
wiscraider wrote:
I agree, I like the makeup of wilson as our starter a year or two from now.give pryor the reins this year.... Also keep mcgoin!!! JMO
I think McGloin has a better chance at starting than Wilson
wiscraider

Chippewa Falls, WI

#4 Aug 26, 2013
TexasRaider wrote:
<quoted text>
I think McGloin has a better chance at starting than Wilson
Yah I agree, I just think wilson's has a shot to be future...I just like what I seen in college, along with arm strength and grit!!! Hes just needs to learn ropes for a year!!!

Since: Jan 11

Phoenix, AZ

#5 Aug 27, 2013
Na, keep Flynn as a backup for this season at least. Besides, his trade value would be next to nothing.
The Mighty Flynn

Miami, FL

#6 Aug 27, 2013
Now that teams got more tape on Flynn, his trade value amounts to a late 7th round pick and a BK Whopper (w/out cheese).
Laughing Bear Fan

Denver, CO

#7 Aug 27, 2013
Its too bad the Raiders gave up 11 first round picks for him!
RaiderFaith

Autryville, NC

#8 Aug 27, 2013
Worst case scenario~ trading him now and you get nothing because of a two year battle with tendonitis.
Best case scenario~ keep him to back up Pryor and when Pryor gets hurt( most running qb's do). He comes in and plays well enough to attract teams for a trade..or plays lights out and takes starting role.

Unless they can cut him without paying any more of his contract. If that's the case, cut him. Mcgloin and Wilson can learn and duke it out for starter next year.

“PLAY TO WIN”

" I DA HO " !

#9 Aug 27, 2013
as of now pryor i definitely the starter. i hope he develops as a "scrambler" kaepernick r wilson, steve young style (qb) in other words, "a (qb) first".
and yes, probably keeping matt flynn is best bet to keep around just for the fact that mckenzie don't feeel like he lost out or got fooled (lol).
but should he be the backup? he probably has to be?! he was almost the starter. plus, if his tendinitis goes away (doubtful) he may go back to (qb-ing) the way he did in g-bay. which was good right?
but i gotta say, work mcgloin as much as possible to be the backup. "future"
so, either? release flynn, or move wilson up. or, or visa versa!
RAIDERS 2013!!!

“PLAY TO WIN”

" I DA HO " !

#10 Aug 27, 2013
REMINDER; the game is on nfl network right now.
bears at RAIDERS
RAIDERS 2013!!!
RaiderFaith

Autryville, NC

#11 Aug 27, 2013
What if tendonitis is a sham? And this helps them save face or gives Pryor a chance to win or lose starting role based on his performance against Seattle? And week 1 we are back to Flynn?

“PLAY TO WIN”

" I DA HO " !

#12 Aug 27, 2013
and, there's matt flynn healthy! "allegedly" "supposedly"! i gotta say, flynn has been kepping it quiet about his tendinitis. i believe he was trying to win the starting job and only made himself look bad in seattle and in oakland by not revealing his issue that caused him to throw awful. he has all the ability to be a starter, he just can't play with tendinitis? that's like trying to throw with a dead arm?! or like tebow with a noodle arm!
RAIDERS 2013!!!

“PLAY TO WIN”

" I DA HO " !

#13 Aug 27, 2013
RaiderFaith wrote:
What if tendonitis is a sham? And this helps them save face or gives Pryor a chance to win or lose starting role based on his performance against Seattle? And week 1 we are back to Flynn?
well in a way, that's why i say it's good to start pryor. get it out of their system and hope he does great for this org.! but, i thought about that too, i really don't believe it's a sham. there's something wrong with flynn's shoulder elbow arm!
RAIDERS 2013!!!
wiscraider

Chippewa Falls, WI

#14 Aug 27, 2013
Yah, problem is hes been a backup since high school... His two and only good games came against two worst secondarys that year(NE-Det)... I like, everyone had high hopes for him but his obvious no arm and prone to throw under pressure(picks) make him a backup....I get the trade value deal but if we could cut him without penalty I say YEA!!!! Btw I cant believe we would cut Wilson......

“Undertaker Raiders Simona S”

Since: Apr 11

The Blackhole

#15 Aug 27, 2013
The only QBs we have that have given me any hope are Pryor & McGloin. I want whoever gives us the best chance to win to be the starter. I would really like to see us draft our first franchise QB since Kenny Stabler. All others since him have been FAs. We really haven't had one since Gannon

“PLAY TO WIN”

" I DA HO " !

#16 Aug 27, 2013
wiscraider wrote:
Yah, problem is hes been a backup since high school... His two and only good games came against two worst secondarys that year(NE-Det)... I like, everyone had high hopes for him but his obvious no arm and prone to throw under pressure(picks) make him a backup....I get the trade value deal but if we could cut him without penalty I say YEA!!!! Btw I cant believe we would cut Wilson......
there's a lot of (qb's) that are backups that show promise with a couple of games that they won and end up getting picked up by other teams that need a (qb) usually by trade. i have to say, usually they don't work out. but sometimes you gotta give it a shot. it,,, doesn't look like it's going to work out for flynn (lol). it didn't look that way when we were going to pick him up but i was hopeful. pryor hadn't shown any promise or high hopes of being "that starter" till this last game vs chicago. hope he works out if he's going to be the starter cause, we really dn't have anything but mcgloin. wilson better do something if he wants to stay in the roster. hate to lose a 4th rnd pick but, it is what it is. you really gotta show your stuff in practice and on the field. "command" and "connect"! learn the book and your in. i think wilson might be behind on all those compared to all these other (qb's) we have. i mean, it doesn't mean he won't learn. it just means he has some catching up to do.
RAIDERS 2013!!!
RAIDERS 2013!!
Laughing Bear Fan

Denver, CO

#17 Aug 28, 2013
RAIDER MISTERIO OG wrote:
<quoted text>there's a lot of (qb's) that are backups that show promise with a couple of games that they won and end up getting picked up by other teams that need a (qb) usually by trade. i have to say, usually they don't work out. but sometimes you gotta give it a shot. it,,, doesn't look like it's going to work out for flynn (lol). it didn't look that way when we were going to pick him up but i was hopeful. pryor hadn't shown any promise or high hopes of being "that starter" till this last game vs chicago. hope he works out if he's going to be the starter cause, we really dn't have anything but mcgloin. wilson better do something if he wants to stay in the roster. hate to lose a 4th rnd pick but, it is what it is. you really gotta show your stuff in practice and on the field. "command" and "connect"! learn the book and your in. i think wilson might be behind on all those compared to all these other (qb's) we have. i mean, it doesn't mean he won't learn. it just means he has some catching up to do.
RAIDERS 2013!!!
RAIDERS 2013!!
Watch rosy palmer have a career year with the Cardinals

Since: Jan 11

Phoenix, AZ

#18 Aug 28, 2013
Wouldn't surprise me. He wasn't cut because of his lack of talent. He was cut because he had a gigantic contract and McKenzie doesn't want to pay anyone that much money. That and we are talent deficient across the board basically, so we signed a few players with what we got back in cap space.
Laughing Bear Fan wrote:
<quoted text>Watch rosy palmer have a career year with the Cardinals

“PLAY TO WIN”

" I DA HO " !

#19 Aug 28, 2013
Laughing Bear Fan wrote:
<quoted text>Watch rosy palmer have a career year with the Cardinals
yep!
RAIDERS 2013!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buffalo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hillary clinton IRS investigation 6 hr Norman VN 1
Attorney John Liberti arrested (Aug '10) 8 hr I know the victim 43
Do black lives really matter? 9 hr Buck Rohde 28
What's the deal with Fr. Joe Rogliano 13 hr Richie Rich 4
Force LIEF COACH out of retirement (Jun '15) 16 hr Teh REAL Lief Coach 14
Life Coach does 100 pushups in 2 minutes 16 hr Teh REAL Lief Coach 4
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 18 hr stupid republicans 20,391

Buffalo Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Buffalo Mortgages