First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Hi all

East Quogue, NY

#24 Dec 18, 2012
Lifeeeeee Coachhhhhhhhhhh wrote:
<quoted text>
True some cops are not great shooters, but security guards are crazy, stupid and dangerous because even if they know how to shoot, they don't know when they should and should not shoot
Some of the best cops are not good shooters
If they cant shoot and are not trained to shoot they should not be a cop PERIOD

They want community invovlement then become a fireman or something.
wake up call

Buffalo, NY

#25 Dec 18, 2012
My uncle was an airline pilot who always carried a .38 in the cockpit. We grew up with guns in the home, and were instructed from a young age in their safety and use, we became proficient in practice and hunting through the years. There exists now a small percentage of teachers and other school employees who may fit this category. But they are forbidden to carry concealed in their school. One must have the right mindset and be proficient with their firearm, this cannot be expected from a 3 hr course. Responsible concealed carry should be allowed, and it should remain anonymous, so that nobody knows who may be armed and who is not. Uniformed armed guards could be taken out by ambush, leaving another defenseless situation. And remember there were TWO police officers on duty in Columbine school during the mass shooting there. Gun bans have only served to embolden criminals and nutjobs. They know ahead of time that no one will be shootig back...
pee n up a rope

Buffalo, NY

#26 Dec 19, 2012
OK, as long as we're in the 'BAN' mode, let's also ban violent movies, violent video games, and let's see, what else? OH, yeah, how about the brand of car that the nutcase drove to the scene, he certainly couldn't have done it without that car! Yes, those babies would all still be alive if it weren't for that car!
Lifeeeeee Coachhhhhhhhhhh

Chesapeake, VA

#27 Dec 19, 2012
pee n up a rope wrote:
OK, as long as we're in the 'BAN' mode, let's also ban violent movies, violent video games, and let's see, what else? OH, yeah, how about the brand of car that the nutcase drove to the scene, he certainly couldn't have done it without that car! Yes, those babies would all still be alive if it weren't for that car!
If it snows, we can have a "driving band" so tbird can get more food stamps
never waste a good crisis

Buffalo, NY

#28 Dec 19, 2012
As expected, the president has appointed a rabidly anti-gun commission, to proceed forward to gun confiscation! Of course it's headed by the most rabid anti-gun dawg Joe Biden. You can also expect to see on the committee...Micheal Bloomberg, Raum Emanuel, Diane Feinstein, Chuck Schumer, Howard Dean, Christan Gilibrand, Timothy Geithner, Sarah Brady, Bill Clinton, Bill Daley, Jimmy Carter... this will be by design, a complete, no-compromise, ruff shod, railroad job on the Constitution and taxpayers rights...
founding father

North Tonawanda, NY

#29 Dec 21, 2012
...A people cannot be truly enslaved until they are first disarmed...

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#30 Dec 22, 2012
Big Fatso wrote:
Step one: stop calling schools "gun free zones," as this just acts as an invitation to criminals
Step two: post armed guards in all schools
Step three: encourage teachers to obtain conceal carry permits and to arm themselves
Step four: track all mental nuts
Step five: lock up the nuts
This will stop the insanity. Anything else is nonsense and ineffective. But just watch the stupidity from the Left and the people who do not live in Realville. They will propose more cameras, gun control laws, security drills, buzzing in school visitors, security doors, etc. Liberals are screwed up. Their brains are fried. Every liberal policy fails. They arte incapable of thinking rationally and logically and reasonably.
good ideas. I agree that there should be armed security on active patrol including doing active inspections and remaining up on their feet doing constant inspection rounds etc... no sitting on their asses of course. but teachers would be fairly useless with a gun...why do u think they chose teaching to begin with..those that can't do...teach! haha...grain of truth to that tho. no the teachers should not hold the guns at all, since an irate or fucked up student may try some shit. no guns in the classroom. but armed security yes ....definitely..and it should be from the moment the school is open till the very last student leaves every day. so if the school is open at 6 a.m. there should be armed guard on duty then.

Since: Nov 11

Location hidden

#31 Dec 22, 2012
Lifeeeeeeee Coachhhhhhhhh wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope
It would not work on the street either
I was being sarcastic
I used to work for both Pinkerton and xBurke so I know what I am talking about
Security guards are crazy
someone mentioned the idea that there should be armed security in the school, but they would be plainclothes and no one would know who is carrying guns. I like this idea better than security guards. they should just be certain trained individuals who work at that institution. so no one knows which adults are carrying, and this would I think be a better deterrent to would be evil doers.
neutral

Buffalo, NY

#32 Dec 23, 2012
Time for a little truth...it seems that the consensus here is that local gun bans, i.e. "Gun Free School Zones" while well intended, have only seemed to contribute to these horrible events...
I ve got mine

Buffalo, NY

#34 Dec 23, 2012
well, I bet there's at least 20 sets of parents in Newtown, CT, that wish someone in that school that day, had had their saturday nite special with them...No matter how much experience they might have...Myself I'd rather be judged by 12, than carried by 6...
told ya

Eden, NY

#35 Jan 11, 2013
never waste a good crisis wrote:
As expected, the president has appointed a rabidly anti-gun commission, to proceed forward to gun confiscation! Of course it's headed by the most rabid anti-gun dawg Joe Biden. You can also expect to see on the committee...Micheal Bloomberg, Raum Emanuel, Diane Feinstein, Chuck Schumer, Howard Dean, Christan Gilibrand, Timothy Geithner, Sarah Brady, Bill Clinton, Bill Daley, Jimmy Carter... this will be by design, a complete, no-compromise, ruff shod, railroad job on the Constitution and taxpayers rights...
As predicted, The Biden gun ban railroad is at full steam, with not only gun, but also ammo bans, and a promise of executive order, if it looks like there's gonna be any debate on the matter. And you can bet you've seen your last gun show in this lifetime.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buffalo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Family Court Judge Kevin M Carter in Erie County (Jun '11) 1 hr Annoyed mom 136
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 12 hr Mcm123 21,338
Al Sharpton, Boffalos next mayor 16 hr wski 11
Alleged Mafia Activity in Buffalo, Niagara Fall... (Mar '16) Mon Falzone the Calzone 111
Poll why does buffalo suck? (Nov '08) Nov 17 Saywhen 66
If Buffalo were to get a new name, What would i... Nov 17 Lief 18
Only homosexuals call themselves "Lief Coach" Nov 16 reply 4

Buffalo Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Buffalo Mortgages