of 2
Next Last
Lifer Couch

Chesapeake, VA

#30 Jan 18, 2012
Son ot tbird wrote:
<quoted text>
Dan is a weak bitch
Of course he is weak. The horrors of war made him weak, whereas your father's inferior genetics made you weak and autistic
jbizzy

San Antonio, TX

#31 Mar 1, 2012
I returned from Afganistan 6 months ago i was dealing with ptsd while i was over there and im dealing with it now ive pretty much had to learn to breath again and also coach my on mind into realize that im ok and im not gonna have a heard attack. i am now working at a regular full time job and just going to lunch with my co-workers is like the worst thing. its like im watching everything around me get washed down the drain ive been dumped by everygurl i date so at this point i wont date...the only reason i still have a job is because all my co-workers are retired military so there giving me a break..but im on my third strike there there are days that i dont and wont get out of bed in the morning for work im loosing it i hang by myself and the only thing that makes me feel normal is dring alot of liquior i really hate living like this and far as someone faking PTSD thats plain out wrong !!!!! i dont want the VA money i just want to be my old self again i want my life back thats all they can have the rest of this shit!!!
GUMPnf

Niagara Falls, NY

#32 Mar 1, 2012
jbizzy wrote:
I returned from Afganistan 6 months ago i was dealing with ptsd while i was over there and im dealing with it now ive pretty much had to learn to breath again and also coach my on mind into realize that im ok and im not gonna have a heard attack. i am now working at a regular full time job and just going to lunch with my co-workers is like the worst thing. its like im watching everything around me get washed down the drain ive been dumped by everygurl i date so at this point i wont date...the only reason i still have a job is because all my co-workers are retired military so there giving me a break..but im on my third strike there there are days that i dont and wont get out of bed in the morning for work im loosing it i hang by myself and the only thing that makes me feel normal is dring alot of liquior i really hate living like this and far as someone faking PTSD thats plain out wrong !!!!! i dont want the VA money i just want to be my old self again i want my life back thats all they can have the rest of this shit!!!
HANG in there fella , you can hold your head high . I don't want you giving up. Leave the bottle alone & be proud. It will take time but YOU will win. TRY to think posative & never give up. The best wishes to you . GUMPnf
Lyfe Cohach

Chesapeake, VA

#33 Mar 1, 2012
jbizzy wrote:
Hang in there

I don't think you are faking it, but some people who were never in combat try to act like heroes.

What do you think about this guy

See link

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/buffalo-ny/TK...
GUMPnf

Niagara Falls, NY

#34 Mar 1, 2012
Lyfe Cohach wrote:
<quoted text>
Hang in there
I don't think you are faking it, but some people who were never in combat try to act like heroes.
What do you think about this guy
See link
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/buffalo-ny/TK...
your link. Are you talking about yourself ??? fake. U B stands for ungraduated bull that fits you perfectly.
Lyfe Cohach

Chesapeake, VA

#35 Mar 1, 2012
GUMPnf wrote:
<quoted text>your link. Are you talking about yourself ??? fake. U B stands for ungraduated bull that fits you perfectly.
At least I can spell "positive"
Lyfe Cohach

Chesapeake, VA

#36 Mar 1, 2012
GUMPnf wrote:
<quoted text>HANG in there fella , you can hold your head high . I don't want you giving up. Leave the bottle alone & be proud. It will take time but YOU will win. TRY to think posative & never give up. The best wishes to you . GUMPnf
You have never seen combat, but you think your advice to "leave the bottle alone" will be heeded.

If this guy is for real, he has recently been through a very rough time (unlike you who was a Navy cook)
GUMPdumbass

North Tonawanda, NY

#37 Mar 1, 2012
jbizzy wrote:
HANG in their fella. You could end up like me...a big carbuncle behind my ear, crapin' my pants every hour and drooling like a baby.
I drink myself to sleep every knight and wake up with my bed full of piss.
I shoulda went to school but I come from a family of dummies.
HANG in their...keep drinkin' amd get yerself a pistol.

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#38 Mar 1, 2012
GUMPdumbass wrote:
<quoted text>
HANG in their fella. You could end up like me...a big carbuncle behind my ear, crapin' my pants every hour and drooling like a baby.
I drink myself to sleep every knight and wake up with my bed full of piss.
I shoulda went to school but I come from a family of dummies.
HANG in their...keep drinkin' amd get yerself a pistol.
You really should get some help for all that stuff.
I know if it was GUMP he would go to a Doctor and have something done about all that stuff.
Get to a Doctor fast.
Have a nice night
GUMPnf

Niagara Falls, NY

#40 Mar 2, 2012
Lyfe Cohach wrote:
<quoted text>
You have never seen combat, but you think your advice to "leave the bottle alone" will be heeded.
If this guy is for real, he has recently been through a very rough time (unlike you who was a Navy cook)
Just what makes you think I was a navy cook ? Are you going to make me something else like you do with others ? I know he sounds real & I believe him. The bottle NEVER corrected anything..Unlike you I had guts to enlist. I didn't stay home being a daddy's boy. get real coach. If you enlisted , you could have come out under the education bill And the government would have paid for it. BUT no daddys boy had daddy pay for it.

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#41 Mar 2, 2012
GUMPnf wrote:
<quoted text>Just what makes you think I was a navy cook ? Are you going to make me something else like you do with others ? I know he sounds real & I believe him. The bottle NEVER corrected anything..Unlike you I had guts to enlist. I didn't stay home being a daddy's boy. get real coach. If you enlisted , you could have come out under the education bill And the government would have paid for it. BUT no daddys boy had daddy pay for it.
Gump. first things first, If I were you I would go talk to your lawyer about what is going on here.
#2 I dought if LIFE'S father paid a dime for his college, by the time life was old enough to go to college his father was on SSI and so was he.
Think about it he was too old to sign up for WWII [ OH wait a min. didn't life say he was a Marine? but then he said he was to old to get in, I wonder what was it? I know Life said he was in his 40s.]
Then he was " forced" to retire from the buffalo fire dept. in what was it 1955 or 56? because he was too old,then went to work at Bell and belonged to UAW local 501 and was a stew. in the 60s,.
So lets do some math if I remember right life said he was born around 1955 or so, so by the time life would have been in high school his dad would have been collecting SSI, so he was getting taxpayers money from the time his dad started collecting SSI [ even if he was working] till the time he was either 25 or out of college.
AND he begrudges ME for $42 in food stamps durring the Blizzard of 77 when 65,000 other people in the Buffalo area took them too.
So think about it Gump LIFE went to a Catholic high school paid for by us taxpayers then went to college on the taxpayer dollar too.
It must have been nice, when I went to college I didn't get a dime from the gov. like he did.
The G.I. Bill only lasted 10 years after you got out of the service and I was too busy supporting a family.
And by the time I started college it had been more than 10 years so I didn't get a dime from the Gov.
Like I said LIFE can get thousands of taxpayers dollars and nobody says a thing but I take $42 durring the Blizzard of 77 like 65,000 other people did and everybody is all over me.
Have a nice night
Spell Check

Buffalo, NY

#43 Mar 2, 2012
tbird19482 wrote:
<quoted text>Gump. first things first, If I were you I would go talk to your lawyer about what is going on here.
#2 I dought if LIFE'S father paid a dime for his college, by the time life was old enough to go to college his father was on SSI and so was he.
Think about it he was too old to sign up for WWII [ OH wait a min. didn't life say he was a Marine? but then he said he was to old to get in, I wonder what was it? I know Life said he was in his 40s.]
Then he was " forced" to retire from the buffalo fire dept. in what was it 1955 or 56? because he was too old,then went to work at Bell and belonged to UAW local 501 and was a stew. in the 60s,.
So lets do some math if I remember right life said he was born around 1955 or so, so by the time life would have been in high school his dad would have been collecting SSI, so he was getting taxpayers money from the time his dad started collecting SSI [ even if he was working] till the time he was either 25 or out of college.
AND he begrudges ME for $42 in food stamps durring the Blizzard of 77 when 65,000 other people in the Buffalo area took them too.
So think about it Gump LIFE went to a Catholic high school paid for by us taxpayers then went to college on the taxpayer dollar too.
It must have been nice, when I went to college I didn't get a dime from the gov. like he did.
The G.I. Bill only lasted 10 years after you got out of the service and I was too busy supporting a family.
And by the time I started college it had been more than 10 years so I didn't get a dime from the Gov.
Like I said LIFE can get thousands of taxpayers dollars and nobody says a thing but I take $42 durring the Blizzard of 77 like 65,000 other people did and everybody is all over me.
Have a nice night
"doubt" not "dought"

"during" not "durring" (twice)
beautifulfox

New Orleans, LA

#44 Mar 12, 2012
An aquaintance of 25 years disclosed to me in some detail how he was able to collect very nice disabilty benefits from the VA system with help/tutoring from nam '?PTSD?' buddies on how to game/fool the system for a ptsd diagnosis emanating from his one year in nam i.e. more than 40 years ago.
He now receives thousands a month plus the best health benefits possible for both him and his wife from the VA. His depression seems to have disappeared!!?

Apparently this is really in vogue even for nam veterans suddenly discovering the opportunity. What a shame since this is coming out the U.S. Treasury and will ultimately result in real and serious physical injuries not having resources available.

Furthermore we all know of many people in this society that have some form of mental illness/disorder from the stress of everyday life and get nothing, but more trauma of facing another day in the real world. Who is responsible for them?
Ex-Wife Of FAKE PTSD Vet

Corvallis, OR

#45 Dec 30, 2012
My ex is faking PTSD. I wish there was a way to prove it. Maybe someday they will come up with a test that can confirm if a person actually has it or not. Something that is 100% acurate. It's sad because so many people actually have PTSD don't get the FULL benefits that he gets. What a shame.
Hero

New York, NY

#46 Mar 5, 2014
dan knudson wrote:
A mental health professional is trained to detect toxic processes in a patient's self presentation, but nobody is capable of looking into ones' mind. I have PTSD rated 100%. It is most evident socially. PTSD is solitary and friendless. For years I have walked aimlessly in city streets...endless walking while in the grips of dysphoric thoughts. Depression has kept me from even holding a job. I sit in V.A. waiting lounges listening to vets talk about their PTSD claims as though it is a cause celebre. Also,they talk about their family life,their jobs,their hopes and dreams for the future when the VA gravy train with biscuit wheels comes rolling in from their disability claim. Sadly, the guys who really need help don't come around. These are also the men penalized for forgetting to mail in 21 4140 forms, and having their benefits reduced. It is a sad egg to swallow.
This is me, fix me,

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buffalo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Blacks take up space in Buffalo and the USA 8 hr superwilly 22
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 14 hr Akingu 19,830
Poll Will LC take down his Facebook pic? Fri MAYOR DYSASTER 3
southeast works cover-up (Oct '12) Fri Being Nosey 509
News Questioning Cherry Creek Demolition (Mar '08) Apr 16 Henu 447
Poll Why did VOG change his LinkedIn photo? Apr 15 Lumpy O 1
Don " NO NECK " Paul is a real piece of work (Sep '12) Apr 15 Matt Kruse 665
More from around the web

Buffalo People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]