Finger Licking Cashiers Spreading Germs

Posted in the Buffalo Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Stop Finger Lickers

Buffalo, NY

#1 Feb 28, 2010
What can be done to stop all the area cashiers from licking their fingers and getting saliva all over our groceries?

It is so disgusting but happens all the time. Why don't they just spit on our stuff.

I talk to so many people who are disgusted and bothered by this. Everyone needs to start speaking up to the store managers each time it happens.

If you are going to blow your nose or lick your fingers, don't touch my food!
BufGirl

Buffalo, NY

#2 Feb 28, 2010
Totally agree. Happened to me at wegmans tonight.
KtTwoThree

Buffalo, NY

#3 Feb 28, 2010
LOL, agreed.
Stop Finger Lickers

Buffalo, NY

#4 Feb 28, 2010
I'm glad that I am not the only one this bothers. It isn't like there is no other way to open the plastic bags.

Saliva is a body fluid. Lubricate your fingers with a sticky pad, water in a cup, or get some finger grips.

Some cashiers say that finger licking is a habit and they just can't stop. If that is the case, they should work in a department that doesn't require separating bags.

You wouldn't stick your hand in blood, urine, mucus, or sweat before handling a customers groceries, would you? Saliva is a body fluid! Use some hand sanitizer if you do something dirty and keep your hands clean if you are working with the public.

Since: Feb 08

gowanda ny

#5 Feb 28, 2010
Actually, when a cashier has a cold & is coughing & blowing a lot, I'd rather just not even check out. I have a lung disease & any cold germs or whatever go STRAIGHT to my lungs. YUCK!
disgusted

Buffalo, NY

#6 Feb 28, 2010
I'm in a weekly card club, this one woman (in her 60's), always has to lick her fingers just before she deals, gags me everytime...and she works in a hospital! I'm forever using the hand sanitizer..
JZ from KT

Lockport, NY

#7 Feb 28, 2010
I love to lick my fingers following a violent "sausage slammin'" session.
I adore the taste of knuckle gravy.
LIFE COACH

Niagara Falls, NY

#8 Feb 28, 2010
JZ from KT wrote:
I love to lick my fingers following a violent "sausage slammin'" session.
I adore the taste of knuckle gravy.
More filth from KT
Dave

Orchard Park, NY

#9 Feb 28, 2010
Self checkout.
channel4 skeletons

Buffalo, NY

#10 Feb 28, 2010
Cashiers don't make enough money to care about hygiene and habits. They care about punching in and out so they can afford to buy $1 Burger King Double Cheeseburgers daily and pay their cable bill.
Shut Up and Say Something

Buffalo, NY

#11 Mar 1, 2010
Stop complaining and speak up. I have no problem telling a clerk to stop right there. If their finger goes in there mouth, I open mine. I'll ask them to use hand sanitizer or wash there hands. Not open for debate. Gross people don't intimidate me. Enough said.
Jackson

Holly Springs, NC

#12 Mar 1, 2010
LIFE COACH wrote:
<quoted text>More filth from KT
What life coach? Did it make you mad that this was posted by KT before you could? I read the post and felt sure it was your reply. Sounds just like something you would post.
jess

Buffalo, NY

#13 Mar 1, 2010
i cant stand it either! sooo digusting
Tigger2

Buffalo, NY

#14 Mar 1, 2010
What about fast food finger-lickers? Other day the girl licked her fingers to get the fry papers apart. Do you want some spit with those fries? Yuck!
Thomas71

Buffalo, NY

#15 Mar 1, 2010
I don't see what the big deal is. If the worst thing that happens you today is that your cashier licked their finger, you need to reevaluate your priorities.
ImaCashier

Buffalo, NY

#16 Mar 1, 2010
I do this all the time. I HAVE to because the bag are STICKY! Typical shift = THOUSAND Lics. Big deal. No one minds EVER. Sometimes I lic two or three fingers many times if the bag is really stuck.
Oh and to the poster Shut up and Say something. YOU SHUT UP. I won't use sanitizer to make you happy. I touch your money and don't make you use sanitizer first. ZING!!!!!!
Shut Up and Say Something

Buffalo, NY

#17 Mar 1, 2010
^ Imacashier, Finger-licking is gross. You fail.

“DC Police Complaint #T14002751”

Since: Nov 08

Swift Water,NY

#20 Mar 3, 2010
DISGRAZIA!!
OP is Right

Buffalo, NY

#21 Mar 3, 2010
I think Newfane Jimmy may have been my cashier the other night. LOL Nothing like spending 200 bucks on groceries only to have a slob cash you out. Self-checkout is the way to go

“DC Police Complaint #T14002751”

Since: Nov 08

Swift Water,NY

#22 Mar 4, 2010
OP is Right wrote:
I think Newfane Jimmy may have been my cashier the other night. LOL Nothing like spending 200 bucks on groceries only to have a slob cash you out. Self-checkout is the way to go
Disgrazia!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buffalo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
hottest female on local TV (Jul '08) 2 hr Lloyd 44
The real deal about blacks 2 hr Scotty Steiner 65
Mascia a racist? What? 3 hr GoOn 3
Does LIEF really matter? Sun groin injury 1
Do black lives really matter? Aug 27 alex 45
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Aug 27 Hipocrit 20,505
News WIVB-TV News4 Buffalo, NY |Federal agents raid ... (May '08) Aug 26 Rhogrebe 931

Buffalo Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Buffalo Mortgages