Charlene Guercio-O-Brien-Van Dusen ha...

Charlene Guercio-O-Brien-Van Dusen has had enough

Posted in the Buffalo Forum

Little Mikey

Tonawanda, NY

#2 Nov 3, 2010
I NEVER KNEW ALL THIS, MOM!

An examination of court records and news articles shows that Van Dusen has had previous involvement with lawsuits, police and public accusations.

• In September 1992, when she was known as Charlene O’-Brien, Amherst police charged her with grand larceny. Police said she paid $200 to two temporary employees of a furniture store to give her $1,269 worth of furniture. According to court papers, charges were later dismissed.

• In April 1993, she publicly accused Publishers Clearing House of calling her house and falsely promising that her then-husband, Wayne, had won $1 million. The sweepstakes company denied any wrongdoing, and it is unclear what else occurred in the matter.

• In 1997, she sued an Amherst doctor for malpractice. The lawsuit went to trial, and a jury ruled in the doctor’s favor.

• In a matter still pending in State Supreme Court, Van Dusen sought $4 million in damages in a suit against a City of Tonawanda insurance agency, saying she suffered a back injury when her heel caught on a broken piece of wood in the insurance company’s doorway. The incident happened in March 2001.

During a trial in January 2005, James P. Burgio, an attorney for the insurance company, accused Van Dusen of falsely claiming an injury so she could obtain prescription painkillers. The attorney accused Van Dusen of having an extensive history of abusing pain medications, an accusation she denies.

A jury verdict went against Van Dusen in the case, and she was awarded no money. But an appeals court later overturned the verdict and granted Van Dusen a new trial, which has not yet been scheduled.

When asked Monday whether she has ever had a drug problem, Van Dusen said,“Absolutely not.”
Rhonda

Tonawanda, NY

#3 Nov 3, 2010
Oh give me a break Char!!! We did drugs together for years!!!

She is so desperate, she would lie to win this lawsuit. Pathetic! Get a job and go to work Char, just like the rest of us!!!
TooBadIsniIt

Buffalo, NY

#4 Nov 4, 2010
Who f'n cares?
GuMP

Niagara Falls, NY

#5 Nov 4, 2010
Is her hobby doing shake downs?
Bumpity Bump

Tonawanda, NY

#6 Nov 4, 2010
bump

West Henrietta, NY

#7 Feb 10, 2011
bump it
Sucker Punch Mikey

Tonawanda, NY

#8 Feb 11, 2011
bump wrote:
bumpit...
...ybump
whats new

Buffalo, NY

#9 Feb 11, 2011
Any new lawsuits in the works for Char?
Yeah Right

Tonawanda, NY

#10 Feb 24, 2011
Bumpy-Bumpy!
Yeah Right

Buffalo, NY

#11 Feb 25, 2011
Bumpity Bump Bump Bump. Let's all do the hump.
I bust a rhyme like no otha! I end each post with a word to ya mutha!
GUMPnf

Niagara Falls, NY

#12 Feb 25, 2011
Yeah Right wrote:
You are looking for trouble FROM the real first YEAH RIGHT... HE\SHE will mop the floor with you.he he he
Yeah Right

Chicago, IL

#13 Mar 25, 2011

BWAAAA HAAAA HAAAAAA
Eyemcdn

North Tonawanda, NY

#14 Feb 17, 2012
Michael van screw em and Charlene van sue em! Pierces of sh.t.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buffalo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
city college 1991 5 hr coco4u 1
Pros and Cons of living in Buffalo, NY (Jan '13) 15 hr Milton 44
Adult video stores (Dec '09) 15 hr Fellate me father 19
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Fri Well Well 21,050
Bye Bye Paladino, a person of you're stature ne... Thu Hater alert 6
Friday Fun at Talk of the Town (Aug '08) Thu James Madison 46
News 'Accordions 'round the World' to perform outsid... Thu Kevin 2

Buffalo Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Buffalo Mortgages