New York State Public Service Commission investigates, New York...

Full story: WIVB Buffalo

Many victims called 4 action and now all those complaints are getting action. Vincent Rasp and his wife are retired, so when a smooth-talking salesman came to their door offering to save them some money or ...
Comments
1 - 19 of 19 Comments Last updated Dec 2, 2013
Mary

Salamanca, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2008

My mother was presented this program, with the same promises, and the promise that it would help her HEAP part of the bill. When she received her first bill, it was TWICE what her bill nomally was. It seem sto me they are definitely targeting the elderly with this SCAM!
Rose

Palmyra, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2008

I called U.S.Energy and told them to cancel my contract after the gas comany told me to let them know of the commissions investagation. They said i could back out of the contract, and i am still waiting for them to come off my bill. It has been 3 months since i talked to them.
Joe Costa

Rushville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2008

The truth is you don't save anything by switching your electric. I switched my electric last year to ESP and the bill went up. I am saving a whopping 1 cent per ccf by switching to US Gas N Electric for my gas bil. I have switched back to National Grid for my electric and I am keeping close track of the National Fuel situation. The people are getting ripped off by these other suppliers, plain and simple. They call you up, tell you your gonna save some money, then your bill goes up. My advice is don't switch unless you see it in writing "the savings". What savings? These other providers are ripping people off. I have electric bills to prove that when I switched, the bill went up!
Donnamanzone

Bar Harbor, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2008

yes we have the u.s energy savings . we are trying to cancel them . we had a guy going to door to door and tell us the us energy saving is cheaper then nation fuel. No there not cause my bills i never had a 484.43.I called them i tell them i went to cancel they said i have to wait i told them im not waiting i told them on the phone im going turn them in if they dont cancel. the guy i spoke on the phone he told me i have 1 or 2 cycles to cancel. the guy said we have 5 years on it. we dont went it either we went to go back nation fuel... we should get them in trouble too. there ripe off too
Donnamanzone

Bar Harbor, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2008

yes we have them. I called them to cancel they told me i have to wait until 1 or 2 cycle bills. I told the us energy saving i like to switch. My bills never get so high now.. When i was with national fuel it was cheaper. There was a guy going to door to door on ontario street .. He was telling us it was least money in our bills. are bill right now its higher..
frenchy

Hamburg, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2008

National Fuel resourse, which is owned by National Fuel and NYSEG Solutions which is owned by NYSEG have been doing this for years and everyone in the industry know that there is no saving to be had in residendtial, but they just keep doing it.
tbird19482

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2008

frenchy wrote:
National Fuel resourse, which is owned by National Fuel and NYSEG Solutions which is owned by NYSEG have been doing this for years and everyone in the industry know that there is no saving to be had in residendtial, but they just keep doing it.
I Looked at this years ago and thouhgt to myself How many people will be fooled by this . I am glad myself and any friends I talked to did not get riped off.
NYTOAD Allegany NY

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2008

Why is anyone surprised.
Does anyone want to look back at "DEREGULATION"???
And then enter the "ESC" Energy Service Companies!!
Customers saved nothing!
Investors, their lawyers and the governmnet made big bucks on the change.
How come I'm not surprised.
chris

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2008

i have u.s. energy an the guy said rite to me im not promising you savings, you will only see savings if the gas continues to go up. he also said i would be paying more upfront an that all this is, is price protection for the future.the example he gave was, was gas for a car....if it was 2.85 a gallon last summer an he came to me an said im gonna lock you in at 3 bucks a gallon for the next 5 yrs, so if gas goes up to 3.50 like it is rite now i would only be paying the 3 bucks he locked me into. its the same thing for your home people its not rocket science
Corina

Rockland, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2008

Thank God you cleared that up being that I am not into rocket science.
Linda

Rochester, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2008

My husband is in construction and was approached on the job by a fellow construction worker who told him what a great deal this would be for us. Hubby signed up. I was watching the bills and called U.S. Energy to cancel. I, too, was told it would take up to 3 months to pull out. That customer service employee tried all kinds of arguments so I would not cancel. But I did and I am still waiting for them to cancel us out.
FUNNYGUY

Camden, ME

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2008

AHHHHH the old fashion deal about saving money wow the energy company ever give any figures ??? nope not untill the time to charge you now you know not to sign anything untill all figures are shown will you buy a car without seeing the final figures ? if you do you deserve the screwing extreem
lee

Orchard Park, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2008

chris wrote:
i have u.s. energy an the guy said rite to me im not promising you savings, you will only see savings if the gas continues to go up. he also said i would be paying more upfront an that all this is, is price protection for the future.the example he gave was, was gas for a car....if it was 2.85 a gallon last summer an he came to me an said im gonna lock you in at 3 bucks a gallon for the next 5 yrs, so if gas goes up to 3.50 like it is rite now i would only be paying the 3 bucks he locked me into. its the same thing for your home people its not rocket science
why do you think national fuel gas advertise on chan 4. people get your heads out of the sand look at the last 6-8 mth of your gas bill and tell me it went down
lee

Orchard Park, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2008

al why dont you investagate the pay of nfg ceo's maybe because thay advertise on your station. tell me what are you going to tell poeple when they have to pay their gas bills next winter.wake up people
Cory

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2008

When I was not home one day back in November, a rep. from US Energy Saving Corp came to our apartment and spoke to my wife about saving money on our gas bill by signing up for a five year transferrable program with their company. Needless to say, my wife signed up with good intentions to cut costs. When I came home she mentioned it to me and I thought great, and she said the salesman said it would show up on our next gas bill. Not thinking about it right away, I contacted my current gas company a little under a week later to see how it works. They advised me that the rate USESC set us at was higher than any rate they on average would ever see or had seen for almost 15 years. After reading the full details of the contract I wondered how they could have made the contract legal without my signature since I am the only one listed on the gas company policy. On the contract was a section where it said the signature listed was someone in the household who could sign for me. I called and talked to a rep from the USESC directly and they said I had to pay a fee to cancel the policy. I didn't have the money, so what was I supposed to do? Now we're moving and after being on a budget billing plan we find out we owe a ~$400 bill for the amt we didn't pay out for the year in budget billing.(But they will void the exit fees bc they do not service where we are moving. I understand how that works but that's ridiculous for just 4.5 months! And that doesn't include our regular gas company's budget billing sum. Is there anything we can do to reverse these outragous costs?
Crystalrose

Tonawanda, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 6, 2008

Just last thursday I recieved a knock at my door by a gentlemen claiming to be working for US Energy asking to see my electric & gas bill, i as why and he said he need it to see what i was paying and that he could lower mt bills. I asked if he worked for National fuel and he said no..I told him i was not interested.He was very persisent.i finally asked him to leave and closed the door...Question why are they still aloud to do this???
Polynesiab

Endicott, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2010

They call my cell phone every day. I have told them to stop calling but they won't!!!!!
james kelsey

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 1, 2013

I was advised by my supplier nyseg that I could obtain another company to deliver my supply or whatever. silly me, I thought I had to pick a company so I picked solutions. after seeing numerous high electric charges I decided to cancel this rip-off company. now, nyseg is charging me $70 for each of the next three months, mentioning "balanced billing." this, after I was charged an average of $50 for the previous 12 months. my bills before this amounted to 35-40 dollars per month. in the ten years at my present address, I've never been charged such high rates. I live alone in a small one bedroom apt. nyseg, please, have a conscience!
james kelsey

Buffalo, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 2, 2013

NYSEG remains firm on overcharging me $70.78 for three months in a row. they call it balanced billing; (in their favor) the PSC did absolutely nothing for me, they must be devoted to the power company.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Buffalo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
We won 17 min tbird19482 44
Officials: Yolanda Bindics Was Murdered (Jul '07) 23 min question 165
Ice Bucket Challenge raises awareness, funds fo... 49 min Cold hard facts 4
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 4 hr truth told 18,743
I could go for a hot pasquale on rye 8 hr Mongo Lloyd 6
Police face challenges and frustrations in manhunt (Sep '06) 10 hr henu 164
Wal-Mart gets mixed welcome in our area (Oct '06) 12 hr AMY SOSUS HAGENSTINE 9

Search the Buffalo Forum:
•••
•••
Buffalo Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Buffalo Jobs

•••