Buffalo Police Officer Arrested

Buffalo Police Officer Arrested

There are 49 comments on the WKBW-TV story from May 10, 2012, titled Buffalo Police Officer Arrested. In it, WKBW-TV reports that:

Last year, Buffalo Mayor Byron Brown called for an investigation after discovering an unusually high number of police injured on duty claims within the Buffalo Police Department.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WKBW-TV.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Mar 08

Buffalo, NY

#1 May 10, 2012
It's much easier to fake an injury and slide into that full pay and benefits with no work lifestyle than risk a real injury doing real work. That's why the police always show up AFTER the crime, less risk that way. After you're collecting for doing nothing you can get a security guard job or start your own agency and sub to do the work the police are supposed to be doing. Your tax dollars at work!
Mary of Magdela

Lockport, NY

#2 May 10, 2012
I am not condoning this, however, many years ago I had an exchange student from Spain one summer. I had a loony neighbor who insisted I was harboring illegals. This police officer responded and he could not have been nicer. When one is not used to being reported to the police, it can be scary. He was very professional and yet kind.
bubba

Buffalo, NY

#3 May 10, 2012
ohh, and a pretty boy tooo
fodder touchaboy

North Tonawanda, NY

#4 May 10, 2012
Mary of Magdela wrote:
I am not condoning this, however, many years ago I had an exchange student from Spain one summer. I had a loony neighbor who insisted I was harboring illegals. This police officer responded and he could not have been nicer. When one is not used to being reported to the police, it can be scary. He was very professional and yet kind.
should't you be busy with the DOB thread?
Pepper Stone

Lockport, NY

#5 May 10, 2012
How might I ask, does anyone..Gov. employees or priavte employees remain on sick leave beyond 90 days , not be employer examined and if deemed disabled for more than one year, be told to apply for SSD?

Disabilty Ins Co's have studied disabilities and found most people who will recover, come back to work within 30-90 days..that is why they even provide Ins like that.

So the city of Buffalo and their Mayor and administrators need to be held accountable for this 7 yr travesty also..7 yrs of uninvestigated sick leave..how unbelievable taxpayers.. that this even happened..wow! Even his story about the injury is problematic...really!

Saw him at that restaurant and thought he left the police dept..never imagined what a thief he was ..Buffalo is a mess.
Learninggg Crooome

Chesapeake, VA

#7 May 10, 2012
tbird says volunteer firemen are better than paid firemen because volunteer firemen work for free.

Using tbird's logic, we fire ALL of the Buffalo cops with their big union benefits and salaries, and replace them with volunteer cops.

Then there would never be a problem with cops on worker's comp.

Maybe we should also have volunteer doctors because that would lower health care costs.

And what about volunteer auto workers so cars would be much cheaper?
Latin Lover

Niagara Falls, NY

#8 May 11, 2012
I knew this guy back in the day and he was the MAN!!!! Pidgeon, Gorski, Nanula were all just giddie about him. Donn Esmonde developed one of his usual "boy crushes" on him and gave him all type of great press. But a cop told me one time that Quintana cries at the same spot every time during one of speeches and he knew what a phony bastard he was. Who knew?
"I am only guilty of loving too much..."
Robert Quintana after his arrest for beating his girlfriend

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#9 May 11, 2012
This guy was never a cop! You can't be a decent cop and politician too. He is a liberal Democrat political hack who masqueraded as a cop. His true colors have surfaced. Everybody knew what a fraud he was from day one. There are more just like him and their time is coming too!

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#10 May 11, 2012
The guy played it to the end. Drawing his full pay and working on the side caught up to him. I can see him getting some time in "Club Fed" and then trying to get sympathy after his sentence. I hope people remember.
Pepper Stone

Lockport, NY

#11 May 12, 2012
Does he really think the FBI doesn't have video of him doing many things at that restaurant that violate his sick claim?
One hr a day as a "restaurant greeter" is such BS I can hardly stop laughing at both him and his typical defense atty blah, blah, blahs!
His Defense atty is the legal expert for the Corisanti trial..so you know he has crap rolling up and down his sleeve.
Why these news stations use " practicing defense attys" only, as legal experts is weird to me..if you use that type of lawyer only..they always find for the defense atty in the testimony..you must have an ADA to refute, like ch 2 does.
So what do these media outlets have to gain by using defense attys as experts assessing all attys in a trial..is the question...and watch this atty talk Quintana into a stiff jail term with his stupid defense.
Latin Lover

Niagara Falls, NY

#12 Jul 20, 2012
What ever happened to the Quintana Cup ?
Athletic Supporter

North Tonawanda, NY

#13 Jul 21, 2012
Latin Lover wrote:
What ever happened to the Quintana Cup ?
Is that some sort of jock strap?
Fat Lenny

Niagara Falls, NY

#14 Jul 21, 2012
Believe it or not this was an award that the United Way of Buffalo gave out to someone who overcame some adversity in the mid-ninities named after SeƱor Quintana. This phony bastard also got some award from the Teddy Rosevelt association. I don't thing you will be seeing Quintana on any "were are they now" commercials for the United Way.
Chito

Niagara Falls, NY

#15 Jul 28, 2012
The fed case against Robert is falling apart. Just wait all you A@#&%les. Robert will be back and will be kicking ass and taking names. Someone as talented as he is will have a second act in Buffalo politics. Some of you should never forget what he has done for our community over the years.
HE WILL BE BACK !!!!!!!!!!

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#16 Jul 28, 2012
Chito wrote:
The fed case against Robert is falling apart. Just wait all you A@#&%les. Robert will be back and will be kicking ass and taking names. Someone as talented as he is will have a second act in Buffalo politics. Some of you should never forget what he has done for our community over the years.
He was a horrible example of a cop; a sick time abuser, whiner, and spouse abuser! And a corrupt politician too.

Then again, you may be right! He would fit right in with the rest of the corrupt political hacks we have around here!
Chito the bandito

Grand Island, NY

#17 Jul 29, 2012
Chito wrote:
Cheat-o, is that you? What a political hack/opportunist you are!You are nothing more than a sellout living off your fathers name. Go climb a greased pole.
Raul Rodriguez

Niagara Falls, NY

#18 Aug 2, 2012
Chito wrote:
Hey Chito what is Quintana making a comeback from from?

1993 Niagara Council LOST

1995 & 1997 Niagara Council WON

1999 Councilman at Large LOST

2002 School Board Member LOST

2003 County Legislature LOST

2005 County Legislature LOST

Quintana has not won an election since the start of the second Clinton administration.
A greezy Pole

North Tonawanda, NY

#19 Aug 2, 2012
Chito the bandito wrote:
<quoted text>
Cheat-o, is that you? What a political hack/opportunist you are! Go climb a greased pole.
I dunt want no spickalow climb it on me, dats for one ting.
Chito Lay

Buffalo, NY

#20 Aug 2, 2012
Does the FBI charge someone having possession of video of the crimes..and the case falls a apart?
If I am carrying things for days and hours and it is on tape and I have a disabiltiy claim..does that case have a defense and if so Chito what is it?
Unless he is carrying cotton balls and never bends over..I cannot see a defense.
PACMAN

Niagara Falls, NY

#22 Aug 2, 2012
"I know the routine Holmes. I owe you. You know, that's what makes this country great, hey, Holmes?

Leo "Frog" Lopez

From the movie "Colors" and Robert Quintana to the Feds.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buffalo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do Asians think all LIEF COACHES look alike? 6 hr Major Nadal Hassan 5
Ghetto assed names 6 hr Major Nadal Hassan 46
Chris Romanowski Empire Liquidators 1791 Fillmo... 10 hr Jordan 11
jaesea jones jason mickens? 14 hr Kilhoffer Street ... 10
The holy time of Ramadan has started 17 hr Buck Rohde 15
Cuba's Vietnam War Involvement Mon Coocket Crocket Mown 23
is Nalina Shapiro fat? (Dec '12) Jun 24 uncle buck 81
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Buffalo Mortgages