Review: BCG Property Management
Mark Sefton

Lititz, PA

#42 Aug 20, 2011
just a quick THANKS to the team for helping me develop my portfolio in buffalo! so many agents have just tried to sell me on properties and unfortunately i made a few poor descisions by investing sight unseen. BCG encouraged me to make the time investment in visiting Buffalo. this was HUGE! seeing the neighborhoods and streets that youíre considering investing on is SOOO important. the reality is that most houses look the same with nice pictures, but the street and neighborhood in which you invest has the absolute biggest impact on the return on your investment dollars. as a result of lots of poor purchasing/investing, often owners will blame the mgmt company rather than taking responsibility for their poor investment decisions. the management team is great but they cannot create a great paying long term tenant out of thin air.. so iím glad i spent time with you guys and made some smart purchases. looking forward to a great autumn and more great success in 2012 and beyond. posting this review is the least i can do for this team who has provided just solid investment councelling and guidance.
exworker

Rochester, NY

#44 Oct 21, 2011
i used to work for bcg was with them for over a year and they are scamming the home owners everything written on here about bcg bad practice is true now they open a new busniess called traba homes they are building new homes but all home owners do yourself a favor DO NOT LET BCG MANAGE your propertys they will steal your money and not do the repairs your better off hiring a licence contractor to do work on your homes all bcg does is evict people from there homes then the houses sit for months with nothing being done to repair them to rent out and you can blame it all on jeramy bates he runs the maintence part of the company now his father who is the other owner doesnt want anything to do with it anymore his name is nigel bates neither one of them have a clue on how to run a business and all ex employess have to take them to court to try and get paid thats how bad they are wont even pay there employess they are a very sad company to deal with i think they need to move back to canada where they came from and never come to the usa again they are losers
Oscar

UK

#46 Oct 21, 2011
exworker wrote:
<quoted text>if i was you i would hire a licence contractor to fix your house or houses might cost a little more but the results will be better stay away from property management companys
Thanks to what your mother charges for an asshump, I don't have enough money left over to afford a licensed contractor.
hubb

Mystic, CT

#47 Feb 2, 2012
Steve B wrote:
I contacted BCG to represent my property. They were extremely courteous, went out of their way to explain the process and in short amount of time had a number of qualified renters available. Their contract is clearly written and there were no surprises. Recommended.
that's how they hook you in. With the courteous and helpful act then the completely neglect their responsibilities. Believe me I speak from experience. They are the mose reprehensible company to deal with and have no respect for their tenants or the leases they sign.
hubb

Mystic, CT

#48 Feb 2, 2012
Company wrote:
<quoted text> BCG Property Management is more than happy to provide legitimate references - beware comments that have no substantiation as some owners have proved to be extremely dishonest and malicious.
im confused as how the owners could be dishonest and malicious? Against who? Themselves? The only ones I can see as being dishonest and malicious is the management company. It doesn't make sense the other way around. Because how would the landlord be dishonest to BCG?
buffalo

United States

#49 Feb 2, 2012
absolute worst company to rent property under. Disrespectful, arrogant, under qualified.
bbB

United States

#50 Feb 2, 2012
GOD AWFUL.
bryan

Kitchener, Canada

#51 Feb 23, 2012
while i can't comment on the other reviews listed, i can tell you that my personal experience has been very positive. i was originally introduced to BCG by a friend and fellow investor. i was a bit hesitant to make the move from self management but the entire process to set my properties up under BCG management was positive and seamless. the value their services have brought have been very beneficial and worth the money. reflecting now, this change has thankfully been a big time saver and stress reliever for me. i highly recommend BCG Property Management if you're looking for help with your properties.
former employe

Alden, NY

#52 Feb 26, 2012
they are the worst property management co in the world DO NOT EVER RENT FROM THEM put them out of buisness and they also own TRABA HOMES dont buy from them the houses are junk
E _Watson

Hull, UK

#53 May 3, 2012
Boris wrote:
I have terrible experience with Mavent Management Services another crook from Buffalo in the property management business. Her name is Mokita Baskerville- be aware!!!!! I just got rental for the 1st 2 months and after that not a $. I don't know how to take legal action against her.
Any advice????
Your help will be appreciate it!! Also BCG Property Management from Buffalo has been recommended by my agent here in UK, but I don't trust him anymore, because Martin Brenan-my UK agent from DPI(Dollar Properties Investments) was the one who hooked me up with Maven Management Services with good promices and on top of that when I read the above comments regarding BCG Property Management from Buffalo ( http://www.bcgpropmgmt.com/ )I'm having the feeling the the story will be the same like the old one just on the new page......My advice stay away from these people if you don't want to burn yourself.....If any of you can advice me how to fight back....
Have you found any honest property managers yet? i am also getting ripped off for repairs and not seen any profit 20 months in. Help.MY E.mail is [email protected] k
Former renter

East Amherst, NY

#54 Jul 6, 2012
anonymous wrote:
TERRRIBLE COMPANY TO RENT FROM!!! Receptionist always has an attitude and is constantly rude, and they will find a way to charge you for something AND keep your security deposit.. regardless of the appropriate actions you take to make sure you get it back. Also they never repair anything correctly, even at one point left me and my 2 year old with no heat in winter for a weekend because they couldn't fix our furnace. AND when I had to call them back to REMIND them that they were supposed to fix my furnace,( they had forgotten) and then sent a gentleman that fixed it wrong and it was shooting flames from my furnace. And the list goes on. Needless to say I regret ever renting from them and do yourself a favor and do the same. Disgustedddd with this company!
Agreed!!! Tried everything to wrongfully keep my security deposit & receptionist Linda beyond rude ... Calling her rude would be a compliment
Joshua

United States

#55 Jul 10, 2012
Ripoff artists incorporated! Jeremy Bates is cunning and talks out of both sides of his mouth. This company cannot be trusted. They don't abide by their own contracts. They performed repairs on my house without prior approval and did below substandard work. Then they charged me $910.00! When I found out they were working on my house, I ordered them to stop but it was too late! They kept my rental income money to pay for the repairs. I can't imagine how much they would have charged me if I didn't catch them in my house! If your looking for a management company I am glad you looked here first. I just saved you thousands. PS I opened a BBB complaint almost a months ago and they still havn't responded! I also opened a complaint with the NYS department of state division of licensing.
test

London, UK

#56 Jul 11, 2012
Hi Boris

I am from London & I was interested 2 years ago investing my hard working savings cash money into US property Market & I came cross by internet browsing bcg management company . I spoke with Jeremy few time over the phone & received some property details by email . Thank god that I did not purchased anything through Jeremy. I am still looking to purchase investment property in USA my budget around $30-40k . If you have any property over in the US can you please guide me through the method the process how to purchase over there. I also searching for a reliable managing agent how am I going to find? Can YIU please advice me or can anyone help?
Boris wrote:
I have terrible experience with Mavent Management Services another crook from Buffalo in the property management business. Her name is Mokita Baskerville- be aware!!!!! I just got rental for the 1st 2 months and after that not a $. I don't know how to take legal action against her.
Any advice????
Your help will be appreciate it!! Also BCG Property Management from Buffalo has been recommended by my agent here in UK, but I don't trust him anymore, because Martin Brenan-my UK agent from DPI(Dollar Properties Investments) was the one who hooked me up with Maven Management Services with good promices and on top of that when I read the above comments regarding BCG Property Management from Buffalo ( http://www.bcgpropmgmt.com/ )I'm having the feeling the the story will be the same like the old one just on the new page......My advice stay away from these people if you don't want to burn yourself.....If any of you can advice me how to fight back....
interested

Katy, TX

#57 Nov 8, 2012
tell me more
kay

North Tonawanda, NY

#58 Dec 19, 2012
great job!
Mark Catton

UK

#59 Jan 7, 2013
Iím an out of town investor who has used BCG for the past 4 years. My experience in dealing with them has been extremely positive and I would have no hesitation in recommending them to others.
Carla

Dunkirk, NY

#60 Nov 6, 2013
I had rented from BCG 3 years ago it was the WORST EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE. I can go on for hours (literally), but to be short they had tried to charge me for repairs that i had taken care of and paid with receipts for proof. When the lease finally expired they sent me a list of stuff of why they were keeping my deposit and wanted even more out of me. I had sent a letter back with reasons why i was taking them to court for my deposit and proof they were lying about that list. Within a week later i received my deposit. If they had nothing to hide why wouldn't they go to court? When things hit rock bottom with them i asked to speak to the owner of the house. They informed me he lived in England and didn't speak to his renters, I strongly believe i was told this because the owner doesn't know whats going on. Now when i look at an apartment i make sure it is NOT managed by BCG before i even show up to the walk though and warn everyone i know also.
Carla

Dunkirk, NY

#61 Nov 6, 2013
anonymous wrote:
TERRRIBLE COMPANY TO RENT FROM!!! Receptionist always has an attitude and is constantly rude, and they will find a way to charge you for something AND keep your security deposit.. regardless of the appropriate actions you take to make sure you get it back. Also they never repair anything correctly, even at one point left me and my 2 year old with no heat in winter for a weekend because they couldn't fix our furnace. AND when I had to call them back to REMIND them that they were supposed to fix my furnace,( they had forgotten) and then sent a gentleman that fixed it wrong and it was shooting flames from my furnace. And the list goes on. Needless to say I regret ever renting from them and do yourself a favor and do the same. Disgustedddd with this company!
I was also left with no heat i refused to pay first months rent because the gas man refused to turn my heat on due to unsafe furnace, took a month to replace it and then was replaced with the cheapest option that made my gas bill $400/month barely even heated the house and ended up leaking carbon monoxide, call the office and they told me to take care of it and let them know how it went.. 3 days later.. 3 DAYS they called and asked if i was able to take care of the problem.
Randy Fortner

Buffalo, NY

#62 Nov 18, 2013
Life-Coach wrote:
<quoted text>Which is why they'd have a need to hire a management company.
He stated that he did work for this company
exworker

Buffalo, NY

#63 Jan 24, 2014
I see bcg is still ripping people off guess there still a lot of dumb people out there that want to throw there money away

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buffalo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
All Liberals Are Sociopaths (Jun '13) 1 hr punK 190
Tom Connolly WBEN Radio 6 hr Buck Rohde 64
The New york scratch off 9 hr victumoffraud 56
Poll Is Buffalo NY a sanctuary city? Wed Homeboynot 7
Confederate flag is an icon Wed BigDeal 15
NFTA Bus to Clarence Wed Buck Rohde 5
i wrote an article regarding buffalo's mob problem (Oct '12) Wed Buck Rohde 23
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Buffalo Mortgages