town tax

Tonawanda, NY

#212 Nov 5, 2011
to love where I live you are either an idiot or a family member get all your facts you must have a white cane to none of the departments are backing your buddy they all want him out vote people dont let this goof ball sway you let all say see yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Cindy

East Amherst, NY

#213 Nov 13, 2011
Wave bye bye to your money as you see incompetent administrators filling in for 500 dollars per day! Thanks Mondo!!!!
Char

Tonawanda, NY

#214 Nov 13, 2011
Cindy wrote:
Wave bye bye to your money as you see incompetent administrators filling in for 500 dollars per day! Thanks Mondo!!!!
What do you care? Are you moving back into the Ken-Ton district?
Jim tonawanda

Tonawanda, NY

#215 Nov 27, 2011
did anyone notice all the stakes the town put in the ground at kenny field on the football field so the kids cant play on it my son told me well why are we taxpayers putting all this money into this field if only a chosen few can play there call the office and lets do something about this all of our kids should be able to use it Dan Crangle must be behind this one you elected him
son ot tbird

United States

#216 Nov 27, 2011
Jim tonawanda wrote:
did anyone notice all the stakes the town put in the ground at kenny field on the football field so the kids cant play on it my son told me well why are we taxpayers putting all this money into this field if only a chosen few can play there call the office and lets do something about this all of our kids should be able to use it Dan Crangle must be behind this one you elected him
Tell your autistic kid that football fields are for football. Also, tell the little snotnosed kid that adults make the rules and keeping your uncontrolled little pisspot off the field prevents him from running into the goal post and then you can't sue the town as a result of having a weak little kid
Life Coach

Chesapeake, VA

#217 Nov 27, 2011
son ot tbird wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell your autistic kid that football fields are for football. Also, tell the little snotnosed kid that adults make the rules and keeping your uncontrolled little pisspot off the field prevents him from running into the goal post and then you can't sue the town as a result of having a weak little kid
You're a weird little kid, and I don't get ya
Barb

East Amherst, NY

#218 Nov 28, 2011
Steve, former superintendent, bought another house in Hamburg. He was the best super Kenmore EVER had. How can we convince him to return?
Neal and Bob

Tonawanda, NY

#219 Nov 28, 2011
Barb wrote:
Steve, former superintendent, bought another house in Hamburg. He was the best super Kenmore EVER had. How can we convince him to return?
Blow him.
brainwashed

Buffalo, NY

#220 Dec 14, 2011
http://www.buffalonews.com/city/communities/t...

Elementary school students would have to walk up to a half-mile to school under a proposition that will go before voters in the Kenmore- Town of Tonawanda School District early next year.

The School Board voted unanimously Tuesday night in favor of a proposal submitted by Transportation Supervisor John O’Connor, who recommended reinstating walking distances at the elementary level and increasing them for middle school and high school students.

“I think we owe it to the community to put it up for referendum and let them speak,” said School Board President Bob Dana.

Students in kindergarten through fifth grade currently are eligible for busing, regardless of the distance between their homes and schools.

The proposition would change that policy, which dates back to the late 1990s. Decades earlier, kindergarteners had to walk up to four-tenths of a mile, and the distance was six-tenths for those in grades one through five, according to O’Connor, a former air traffic controller who also worked as a bus driver for the district in 1975.

Under his proposal, middle school students living within 1.5 miles of school would have to walk—up from 1.2 miles; and the walking distance for high school students would increase from 1.5 to 1.8 miles.

Residents broached the subject during last year’s budget development process, Dana said, but it was too late to act.

“The only things that I heard were positive comments,” he said, including,“‘It’s about time.’”

The change is expected to save the district at least several hundred thousand dollars annually.

District officials are looking to schedule a referendum before the annual budget vote in May.

The timing is essential because, if approved, the savings would be incorporated in development of the 2012-13 budget, which Mondanaro said faces a $10 million gap.

Holding a referendum will cost about $14,000, Dana said.

School Board members expressed concerns about having kindergarteners subject to the distance requirement, but they acquiesced after O’Connor said continuing busing for that grade only would negate the savings.

School Board member Judy Frank, who has a daughter in kindergarten, said:“If I’m going to walk to the bus stop, I would walk to the school if she couldn’t get the bus.”

Two children of board member Jim Simmons would lose their eligibility for busing under the proposal.

“This may not be convenient for everyone, but our job is not convenience for everyone. It’s to provide the best education,” Simmons said.“The ultimate public input would be the vote.”
Crangle Crony

Tonawanda, NY

#221 Dec 14, 2011
brainwashed wrote:
http://www.buffalonews.com/city/communities/t...
Elementary school students would have to walk up to a half-mile to school under a proposition that will go before voters in the Kenmore- Town of Tonawanda School District early next year.
The School Board voted unanimously Tuesday night in favor of a proposal submitted by Transportation Supervisor John O’Connor, who recommended reinstating walking distances at the elementary level and increasing them for middle school and high school students.
“I think we owe it to the community to put it up for referendum and let them speak,” said School Board President Bob Dana.
Students in kindergarten through fifth grade currently are eligible for busing, regardless of the distance between their homes and schools.
The proposition would change that policy, which dates back to the late 1990s. Decades earlier, kindergarteners had to walk up to four-tenths of a mile, and the distance was six-tenths for those in grades one through five, according to O’Connor, a former air traffic controller who also worked as a bus driver for the district in 1975.
Under his proposal, middle school students living within 1.5 miles of school would have to walk—up from 1.2 miles; and the walking distance for high school students would increase from 1.5 to 1.8 miles.
Residents broached the subject during last year’s budget development process, Dana said, but it was too late to act.
“The only things that I heard were positive comments,” he said, including,“‘It’s about time.’”
The change is expected to save the district at least several hundred thousand dollars annually.
District officials are looking to schedule a referendum before the annual budget vote in May.
The timing is essential because, if approved, the savings would be incorporated in development of the 2012-13 budget, which Mondanaro said faces a $10 million gap.
Holding a referendum will cost about $14,000, Dana said.
School Board members expressed concerns about having kindergarteners subject to the distance requirement, but they acquiesced after O’Connor said continuing busing for that grade only would negate the savings.
School Board member Judy Frank, who has a daughter in kindergarten, said:“If I’m going to walk to the bus stop, I would walk to the school if she couldn’t get the bus.”
Two children of board member Jim Simmons would lose their eligibility for busing under the proposal.
“This may not be convenient for everyone, but our job is not convenience for everyone. It’s to provide the best education,” Simmons said.“The ultimate public input would be the vote.”
It's about time!

The only ones who'll have a problem with this proposal will be the welfare baby mamas from the Sheridan Projects and Lincoln Park neighborhoods. Maybe Social Services will furnish taxis for their spawn.
Pat

New York, NY

#222 Dec 14, 2011
The main reason behind picking up those children that live closer to the school was because the buses pass right by them anyway. Do you people really believe it will save money to leave those children walk?

The supervisor should take a good look around the department if he wants to save money. The problem with that is he would have to show up at work! What happened to the HUGE savings by changing the bell times? What happened to all the extra buses? Drivers and attendants they will no longer need! What happened? Did the district hire more? YES! Why? Have the taxpayers been lied too? What happened? The task was to big, it's time to hire a leader that can come to work, monitor the department, and make changes that are well thought out.
Crangle Crony

Tonawanda, NY

#223 Dec 14, 2011
Pat wrote:
The main reason behind picking up those children that live closer to the school was because the buses pass right by them anyway. Do you people really believe it will save money to leave those children walk?
So, instead of driving a direct rout to the schools from their last stops, the drivers will continue to go up and down every street in the areas where kids no longer receive busing? Why would they do that?

You better believe it will save money. I doubt it will save nearly as much as they claim, but it WILL save money. Not to mention, a handful of kids (the ones without helicopter mommies that actually walk) will be forced to get a little exercise.
just my opinion

Buffalo, NY

#224 Dec 16, 2011
whatever happened to walking to school? we all did it and it was great. now if you look at the corner of Jewel and Traverse in the afternoon there are a group of parents that stand there a good 10 minutes waiting for their kids to get dropped of from Hoover Elementary. what a flippin joke that is! they live STEPS from the school and they can't walk to get their kids? for crying out loud, in the 10 minutes they wait for the bus they could have walked, got their kid, walked home, and STILL have 5 minutes left. what a joke!
Townie

Buffalo, NY

#226 Apr 1, 2012
Will anyone be voting Tuesday? What do you think about selling Green Acres?

I heard the Jefferson School will become a new BOCES Center. Can anyone say if this is true or not?

Does anyone think Ken East and Ken West will really be consolidated some day?
Civil Servant

Buffalo, NY

#227 Jun 14, 2012
Whats Your Point wrote:
<quoted text>Cry baby!
GOD I HATE CIVIL SERVANTS!
Get a real job!
Why do you hate civil servants...Maybe because after spending a fortune on an failed education - drinking from a bong for four years while civil servants worked and racked up years towards a retirement doing less than desirable jobs and can now retire at 55 and your 401K took a nose dive so you have no money and have to work till your 70 -
Civil Servant

Buffalo, NY

#228 Jun 14, 2012
Barb wrote:
Steve, former superintendent, bought another house in Hamburg. He was the best super Kenmore EVER had. How can we convince him to return?
Seriously, maybe if he spent more time doing his job and not as much time getting a "job" that would make an ounce of sense....obviously you are shooting from the hip and know very little about what you speak...
John

Tonawanda, NY

#229 Aug 20, 2012
Townie wrote:
Will anyone be voting Tuesday? What do you think about selling Green Acres?
I heard the Jefferson School will become a new BOCES Center. Can anyone say if this is true or not?
Does anyone think Ken East and Ken West will really be consolidated some day?
So many people knew about the Jefferson school closing last year. Why would our Superintedant hold the fake meetings and have the board hold a fake vote? I really feel duped by our Administration. Townie, you knew about this last April, what is going on?
ken ton workers

Tonawanda, NY

#230 Aug 20, 2012
to the cockroach John who ran our dept. we coudnt wait for u to leave you where a dirt bag of a person and boss lol from all of us at the bus garage move to another state
John

Tonawanda, NY

#231 Aug 21, 2012
ken ton workers wrote:
to the cockroach John who ran our dept. we coudnt wait for u to leave you where a dirt bag of a person and boss lol from all of us at the bus garage move to another state
Your writing style (including misspellings) gives you away. With the connections I still have, you better start looking for another job.
tonawanda

Tonawanda, NY

#232 Aug 30, 2012
i agree with the above but we think u are more like lice glad to c u go screwball

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buffalo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Signs Alert Drivers to Child with Autism and Ra... (Apr '08) 4 hr Monty1203 124
It Takes 7 Police Agencies to Break Up Wedding ... 6 hr GUMP locator 15
even neocon figured it out 8 hr tbird19483 10
What do tbird and Ted Nugent have in common? (Feb '14) 8 hr tbird19483 9
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 10 hr Chuck 19,222
Adult modeling jobs Males 18+ wanted 10 hr Lamb Cobb 9
Cuomo, Pot calling the kettle black 13 hr 2B Real 3
•••
•••
Buffalo Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Buffalo Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Buffalo People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Buffalo News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Buffalo
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••