DeJac Has Twin Boys, Husband Hoping F...

DeJac Has Twin Boys, Husband Hoping For Her Release

There are 37 comments on the WGRZ Buffalo story from Sep 21, 2007, titled DeJac Has Twin Boys, Husband Hoping For Her Release. In it, WGRZ Buffalo reports that:

Until very recently, the only thing most of us knew about Lynn DeJac was that years ago, she had been convicted of killing her 13 year old daughter.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WGRZ Buffalo.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Missy

Buffalo, NY

#1 Sep 22, 2007
You are an amazing dad! I've got three of my own children, two of which are twins. To raise twins as a single parent, you'd have to be amazing. You win father of the year, hand down.
Momma Moon

Buffalo, NY

#2 Sep 22, 2007
This man and his twins are my neighbors. He is a fantastic Dad. He does whatever is nessesary to provide for these kids...I know. The kids are quiet and well behaved for the most part. They stay out of trouble and not out roaming the streets, they help their Dad out often and seem very responsible. They are little cuties and the girls are gonna be falling in love with them! Chuck is the nicest man you'll ever meet.
Angola Joe

Windham, ME

#3 Sep 22, 2007
How many more innocent people are in jail, their lives ruined by a flawed justice system
Nancy

Niagara Falls, NY

#4 Sep 22, 2007
I think that this mother should be exonerated immediately. This is ridiculous on how the state has kept her behind bars for 14 years for a crime she did no commit. Not only has the state punished DeJac, but they also took away these kids mother, the kids suffered the most. I feel for her and her family and my prayers are with them.
LAURA 2

Venus, PA

#5 Sep 22, 2007
This family must have strong faith. I hope the story ends happy. They deserve it.
Truckin

United States

#6 Sep 22, 2007
Angola Joe wrote:
How many more innocent people are in jail, their lives ruined by a flawed justice system
How is it flawed? She was found guilty by a jury, call the jurors flawed in their judgement, but just don't blame "the system".
Citizen of Niagara County

United States

#7 Sep 22, 2007
There definatly seems to be resonable doubt based on the current information. Why didn't this information come out at her trial? Were people to confused by her lifestyle? It does seem the system is flawed. Maybe having jury's decide is the flaw? Maybe having theatrical lawyer is the flaw. Maybe humans are just flawed. I hope the family gets justice and comes out ok after all this.
Evets

Tonawanda, NY

#8 Sep 22, 2007
It all comes down to parenting. This family has gone through such adversity. He stuck by his wife even after being convicted of killing her child but he never believed she did it. Taking custody of a child that was not his and raising him to become a good parent and seargent in the military. He's not father of the year but father of the decade!
Evets

Tonawanda, NY

#9 Sep 22, 2007
Truckin wrote:
<quoted text>
How is it flawed? She was found guilty by a jury, call the jurors flawed in their judgement, but just don't blame "the system".
Truckin' with all due respect you have to say the system is flawed when so many innocent people are or were in jail (Capossi)and guilty people are running the streets (OJ). whether it's the cops, investigators, prosecutors, defense lawyers, judges or jurors, they are all part of the system thus the "SYSTEM" is flawed.

It makes you wonder how many other citizens are in jail due to the system. We all just hope that the "system" doesn't get us sometime.
LINDA

United States

#10 Sep 22, 2007
This is another travesty of justice. No amount of money could ever give her back the years she lost with her family not to mention the horror of being accused of killing her child. I hope they bring a civil suit against the state for millions. I have always believed that there should be professional jurors. People base their decisions on looks, color, beliefs and even on which attorney they like better,and not on the facts presented. Its time to get professional jurors. This is happening too much. Shame on the jurors that sat on this case. They may be worse than the ones that sat on OJ's case.
Truckin

United States

#11 Sep 22, 2007
Evets wrote:
<quoted text>
Truckin' with all due respect you have to say the system is flawed when so many innocent people are or were in jail (Capossi)and guilty people are running the streets (OJ). whether it's the cops, investigators, prosecutors, defense lawyers, judges or jurors, they are all part of the system thus the "SYSTEM" is flawed.
It makes you wonder how many other citizens are in jail due to the system. We all just hope that the "system" doesn't get us sometime.
All were given a jury trial. The "system" is based on humans, and some are malicious and many make errors, so until we can improve upon that I can only go by what is in place. DNA is fast proving to be the answer in many cases.
Paula

North Tonawanda, NY

#12 Sep 22, 2007
God Bless this family on what they went through. She deserves to be exonarated immediately. It was through the nastiness of the prosecutor Joe Maruszak who made this woman suffer for the past 13(approx) years. He didn't even consider all the evidence including DNA. Thank God for the Cold Case squad. I hope that the family will sue the state, county and prosecutor (at the time) Joe Maruszak for negligence, incompetence, etc. They deserve to be compensated.
CAT

Buffalo, NY

#13 Sep 22, 2007
I THINK THAT ITS GREAT THAT PETERS IS TAKING CARE OF HIS CHILDREN. AND ACTUALLY HE IS DOING WHAT HE IS SUPPOSE TO. AND HE MUST HAVE DONE A GREAT JOB BECAUSE ED IS IN THE ARMY WITH HIS OWN FAMILY. THESE ARE TRULEY THE TIES THAT BIND....
ArmThePeople

Buffalo, NY

#14 Sep 23, 2007
Why was the dad forced to go to parenting 'classes' before he was allowed to get custody of his kids? This just shows how biased the family court system is towards fathers.

She should be released IMMEDIATELY under the presumption of innocence while the courts figure out what they are doing about her case. Keeping her in jail when there is strong evidence to set aside her verdict is the real travesty of justice.
Jane Buffalo ny

Lancaster, NY

#15 Sep 23, 2007
Nancy wrote:
I think that this mother should be exonerated immediately. This is ridiculous on how the state has kept her behind bars for 14 years for a crime she did no commit. Not only has the state punished DeJac, but they also took away these kids mother, the kids suffered the most. I feel for her and her family and my prayers are with them.
How can you just come and say relase her, they have to work this case out, she was not found inocent yet, where are your brains.
Kramnala

Akron, NY

#16 Sep 24, 2007
Kuddos to Chuck. God bless him for fulfilling his responsibility as a parent not only to his own children but to his step-son as well.
buffaloian

Buffalo, NY

#17 Sep 24, 2007
Jane Buffalo ny wrote:
<quoted text>How can you just come and say relase her, they have to work this case out, she was not found inocent yet, where are your brains.
There is a woman in the same prison for murdering her foster child, that was proven. She is doing 9 years for that and gets out in 4. This woman has only been convicted of a crime with alot of questions not answered!! She has been there for 13 years. Where is the justice in that?? Why are these people going to jail for so long for crimes that have not been PROVEN!!! Yet the people who outright murder someone only do short sentences?? Where are the brians you ask? Apparently up someone's ass. Our system sucks!!!
MIKMAKMOM

Depew, NY

#18 Sep 24, 2007
We need more fathers like this man.
Mr Jimmah

United States

#19 Sep 24, 2007
Our system may suck, but its the best there is. The problem is you only get as much justice as you can afford.
bill from elma

Buffalo, NY

#20 Sep 24, 2007
bla bla bla bla bla

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buffalo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why are African-Americans disliked so much? 23 hr uncle milty 42
hottest female on local TV (Jul '08) Thu Buck Rohde 46
WNY Independent Living, Inc. (Feb '16) Wed steve 2
Will Trump be impeached by the end of the year? Wed ken 8
Abluntrumphater Wed Aint dat da troof 42
Where's Melania Trump's Birth Certificate? Wed Dave 7
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) Wed democrat 20,852

Buffalo Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Buffalo Mortgages