Just how stupid does the Tea Party th...
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#46 Jan 3, 2014
Voice of Genius wrote:
<quoted text>
Liberals are too busy hating bush to see what Obama is doing to them
My God....He is recovering our ECONOMY!!!!!!!
punK

Buffalo, NY

#49 Jan 5, 2014
this post has not devolved into the normal illnesses subjects like tea party conversations usually sink to. don't get me wrong, it aint exactly vidal v burroughs, but there may be hope.
factcheck

New London, CT

#50 Jan 6, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> My God....He is recovering our ECONOMY!!!!!!!
Really? Identify a single metric that backs that claim. You must mean that stock market bubble that is growing because the the fed is pumping billions into it. When that one pops the franks-dodd housing bubble burst will look like fizz in a pop can.
mayorsisaster

Niagara Falls, NY

#51 Jan 6, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> My God....He is recovering our ECONOMY!!!!!!!
What does he have to do with the economy?

It's the people & their spending habits.

The potus hasn't a thing with the economy.
mayorsisaster

North Tonawanda, NY

#52 Jan 6, 2014
mayorsisaster wrote:
<quoted text> What does he have to do with the economy?

It's the people & their spending habits.

The potus makes my carbuncled weenie a wee bit erect..
I'd sure love to do that man. Yum yum.

Location hidden

#53 Jan 6, 2014
factcheck wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Identify a single metric that backs that claim. You must mean that stock market bubble that is growing because the the fed is pumping billions into it. When that one pops the franks-dodd housing bubble burst will look like fizz in a pop can.
JOB OPENINGS REACH A FIVE-YEAR HIGH......AP(12-11-13) U,S. employers advertised the most job openings in more than five years in October, and the number of people quitting also reached a five year high.....The Labor Department announced Tuesday that job openings rose to a 1 percent seasonally adjusted 3.93 million. That is the highest figure since May 2008, three months after the recession began.....And the number of workers who quit rose 2.5 percent to 2.39 million, the most since October 2008. More workers quitting can signal a healthy job market, because most of those people likely have a new job or are confident they can find one.....More hiring, job openings and resignations point to a more dynamic job market. That trend creates more opportunities for people out of work and those looking for a new job.....Another positive sign in the report: Layoffs plunged 16 percent to 1.47 million, the lowest on records dating back to 2001.......
factcheck

New London, CT

#54 Jan 6, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> JOB OPENINGS REACH A FIVE-YEAR HIGH......AP(12-11-13) U,S. employers advertised the most job openings in more than five years in October, and the number of people quitting also reached a five year high.....The Labor Department announced Tuesday that job openings rose to a 1 percent seasonally adjusted 3.93 million. That is the highest figure since May 2008, three months after the recession began.....And the number of workers who quit rose 2.5 percent to 2.39 million, the most since October 2008. More workers quitting can signal a healthy job market, because most of those people likely have a new job or are confident they can find one.....More hiring, job openings and resignations point to a more dynamic job market. That trend creates more opportunities for people out of work and those looking for a new job.....Another positive sign in the report: Layoffs plunged 16 percent to 1.47 million, the lowest on records dating back to 2001.......
Nice nutter cut-paste-hack job.

There are fewer people working now then in 2008. There is also a larger population and consequently more people sucking the welfare teet. Michigan is among the worst offenders.

Location hidden

#55 Jan 6, 2014
factcheck wrote:
<quoted text>
Man the f*ck up, Fact boy......

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#56 Jan 6, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> JOB OPENINGS REACH A FIVE-YEAR HIGH......AP(12-11-13) U,S. employers advertised the most job openings in more than five years in October, and the number of people quitting also reached a five year high.....The Labor Department announced Tuesday that job openings rose to a 1 percent seasonally adjusted 3.93 million. That is the highest figure since May 2008, three months after the recession began.....And the number of workers who quit rose 2.5 percent to 2.39 million, the most since October 2008. More workers quitting can signal a healthy job market, because most of those people likely have a new job or are confident they can find one.....More hiring, job openings and resignations point to a more dynamic job market. That trend creates more opportunities for people out of work and those looking for a new job.....Another positive sign in the report: Layoffs plunged 16 percent to 1.47 million, the lowest on records dating back to 2001.......
( CNSNews.com )- The number of Americans who are 16 years or older and who have decided not to participate in the nation's labor force has climbed to a record 90,609,000 in September, according to data released today by the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

The BLS counts a person as participating in the labor force if they are 16 years or older and either have a job or have actively sought a job in the last four weeks. A person is not participating in the labor force if they are 16 or older and have not sought a job in the last four weeks.

In from July to August, according to BLS, Americans not participating in the labor force climbed from 89,957,000 to 90,473,000, pushing past 90,000,000 for the first time, with a one month increase of 516,000.

In September, it climbed again to 90,609,000, an increase of 136,000 during the month.

In January 2009, when President Barack Obama took office, there were 80,507,000 Americans not in the labor force. Thus, the number of Americans not in the labor force has increased by 10,102,000 during Obama's presidency.

The labor force participation rate, which is the percentage of the non-institutionalized population 16 years or older who either have a job or actively sought one in the last four weeks, was 63.2 percent in September. That was unchanged from August.

When President Obama took office in January 2009, the labor force participation rate was 65.7 percent.
- See more at: http://cnsnews.com/news/article/terence-p-jef...

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#57 Jan 6, 2014
.Both sides of the presidential campaign are arguing about employment. There have been allegations of manipulation of recent employment numbers. It leaves the average person asking what is really happening with employment. Well, let’s assume that the numbers being reported are not being manipulated. What are they telling us?

Each month the U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics releases its Employment Situation Report. The report contains data from several of the Bureau’s databases. The two key databases are the “A tables” and the “B tables”. Sexy titles they are not.

The A tables are also called the “household survey” and are derived from a monthly survey of 50,000 individuals. The findings from those 50,000 individuals are extrapolated to the U.S. population as a whole. Of course, statistical perturbations and skews can and do occur.

The B tables are also called the “establishment” data and are derived from actual numerical data reported by the State employment departments. Because of their level of detail, these numbers are far less likely to be subject to statistical perturbation and skew.

According to the B tables released this month, from January 2009 to October 2012, the civilian non-institutional population grew by approximately 9.2 million people. During the same time, the civilian labor force – which includes those employed and those looking for work – grew by only 1.4 million. As such, the percentage of the population participating in the labor force declined from 65.7 to 63.8. The current participation rate is the lowest reading in decades.

In January 2009, the total number of employed persons was 142,187,000. In October 2012, there were 143,384,000. That is a gain of approximately 1.1 million jobs. To keep pace with population growth, the U.S. needed to add roughly 6 million jobs.

Given these numbers, one would expect the unemployment rate to increase. But, the unemployment rate actually declined. How is this possible? As mentioned above, the percentage of our population who are employed or looking for work has actually declined. Given these numbers, this would mean that more than 5 million people have given up looking for work. By giving up, these individuals are not considered “unemployed” but instead are “not in the labor force.”

However, it is actually worse. We really need to evaluate things from peak employment, which occurred in March 2007. Since then, the U.S. population has grown by nearly 13 million. To keep pace, we should have added about 8.6 million jobs. But, total employment has declined by roughly 3 million. This means that we are really 12 million jobs in the hole.

Regardless of which side of the political debate one is, those are the numbers and the task is clearly defined. In the end, it will not be our elected leaders who get the economy growing again and people back to work. It will be a return of consumer demand. Once this occurs, employers will begin hiring to support that demand.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/toddganos/2012/11...
factcheck

New London, CT

#58 Jan 6, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> Man the f*ck up, Fact boy......
aka you are full of hot air?

Since: Feb 10

Location hidden

#59 Jan 6, 2014
BFLO NEOCON wrote:
.Both sides of the presidential campaign are arguing about employment. There have been allegations of manipulation of recent employment numbers. It leaves the average person asking what is really happening with employment. Well, let’s assume that the numbers being reported are not being manipulated. What are they telling us?
Each month the U.S. Department of Labor’s Bureau of Labor Statistics releases its Employment Situation Report. The report contains data from several of the Bureau’s databases. The two key databases are the “A tables” and the “B tables”. Sexy titles they are not.
The A tables are also called the “household survey” and are derived from a monthly survey of 50,000 individuals. The findings from those 50,000 individuals are extrapolated to the U.S. population as a whole. Of course, statistical perturbations and skews can and do occur.
The B tables are also called the “establishment” data and are derived from actual numerical data reported by the State employment departments. Because of their level of detail, these numbers are far less likely to be subject to statistical perturbation and skew.
According to the B tables released this month, from January 2009 to October 2012, the civilian non-institutional population grew by approximately 9.2 million people. During the same time, the civilian labor force – which includes those employed and those looking for work – grew by only 1.4 million. As such, the percentage of the population participating in the labor force declined from 65.7 to 63.8. The current participation rate is the lowest reading in decades.
In January 2009, the total number of employed persons was 142,187,000. In October 2012, there were 143,384,000. That is a gain of approximately 1.1 million jobs. To keep pace with population growth, the U.S. needed to add roughly 6 million jobs.
Given these numbers, one would expect the unemployment rate to increase. But, the unemployment rate actually declined. How is this possible? As mentioned above, the percentage of our population who are employed or looking for work has actually declined. Given these numbers, this would mean that more than 5 million people have given up looking for work. By giving up, these individuals are not considered “unemployed” but instead are “not in the labor force.”
However, it is actually worse. We really need to evaluate things from peak employment, which occurred in March 2007. Since then, the U.S. population has grown by nearly 13 million. To keep pace, we should have added about 8.6 million jobs. But, total employment has declined by roughly 3 million. This means that we are really 12 million jobs ifrastn the hole.
Regardless of which side of the political debate one is, those are the numbers and the task is clearly defined. In the end, it will not be our elected leaders who get the economy growing again and people back to work. It will be a return of consumer demand. Once this occurs, employers will begin hiring to support that demand.
http://www.forbes.com/sites/toddganos/2012/11...
I have to agree there are a lot of statistics that say this and that but it is going to come down to the Gov. getting some much needed infrastructure projects going.
We have spent money on two useless wars and have let our bridges and roads go to heck,
It is time we started to repair these bridges and roads and get out country back in shape.
And our people back to work
have a nice night

Location hidden

#63 Jan 18, 2014
Miguel Flores wrote:
<quoted text>
Usted tiene una cabeza como tortuga.
Habla con lengua bifida
Que tengas un buen dia

Location hidden

#65 Jan 18, 2014
Miguel Flores wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought for sure that a fake Indian like you would post in Lakota since the Indians coined that phrase that you had translated into espanol.
Well seeing YOU are the one that keeps telling people I am an Indian I thought about putting it in Seneca but there isn't any place where you could go to find out what I said.
And someday I may get that DNA test YOU keep telling people you asked the BoIA to give me because you say I get all these benefits the Indians get.
When are they going to get here?
I really hate [ or is that HAT?] sitting around here all day waiting for them to show up.
I do have a life and I can't [ and don't ] sit around the house all day like you do, so IF you can please get them to get over here and give me that DNA test and get it over.
You know I could be losing out on a lot of money here?
Heck If I am part Indian and get the money they would owe me I might even buy you dinner at the Blackthorn.
Have a good night LC

Location hidden

#66 Jan 18, 2014
Miguel Flores wrote:
<quoted text>
I thought for sure that a fake Indian like you would post in Lakota since the Indians coined that phrase that you had translated into espanol.
I haven't used Espanol in a long time and have forgot a lot.
I do have to say it is a lot of fun being down south and letting some of the people down there think you don;t know what they are saying.
then after a time telling them something in english that you knew everything they said.
Then watch their face,
especially when they have said something bad about you,
I do remember enough to tell them I understand what they are saying
Have a nice night

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buffalo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The real deal about blacks 10 hr Scotty Steiner 62
Do black lives really matter? 11 hr alex 45
News The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 15 hr Hipocrit 20,505
News WIVB-TV News4 Buffalo, NY |Federal agents raid ... (May '08) Fri Rhogrebe 931
trump luvver (Feb '16) Fri PeterCheeks 28
looking for a Joseph segmen (Oct '15) Aug 25 amy 6
Lauren Hall (Jan '15) Aug 24 Night Heat 17

Buffalo Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Buffalo Mortgages