Katie Moulton

Sarasota, FL

#1 Nov 28, 2009
My 8 yr old Shih Tzu came from Buffalo, Mo. He is a great dog and the papers that came with him showed his breeder as Lisa Brown. I have often wondered if he was from a puppy mill as I bought him at Petland in Florida. He is wonderful and I am so glad I have him. Does anyone know Lisa?
Shawn Powell

El Dorado Springs, MO

#2 Nov 28, 2009
Katie Moulton wrote:
My 8 yr old Shih Tzu came from Buffalo, Mo. He is a great dog and the papers that came with him showed his breeder as Lisa Brown. I have often wondered if he was from a puppy mill as I bought him at Petland in Florida. He is wonderful and I am so glad I have him. Does anyone know Lisa?
I can assure you that you're puppy didNOT come from a puppy mill. Lisa Brown is a wonderful person and her puppies are home raised with lots of love and care. Can't wait to run into her and tell her about your post!
Shawn Powell

El Dorado Springs, MO

#3 Nov 28, 2009
edit "you're puppy" , should be "your puppy" :)
Monica

Genoa City, WI

#4 Nov 28, 2009
Shawn Powell wrote:
<quoted text>
I can assure you that you're puppy didNOT come from a puppy mill. Lisa Brown is a wonderful person and her puppies are home raised with lots of love and care. Can't wait to run into her and tell her about your post!
I can assure you that if you purchased a pet from Petland then he was from a puppy mill. Petland is under investigation by the US Humane Society which does alot of work trying to put an end to puppy mills. There is not one reputable breeder out there who would allow their carefully bred pups to sit in a pet store cage where anyone can buy it. A reputable breeder check out the person who buys there pup and requires a spay/neuter contract...Any one else just breeds pups for the money/greed...its not rocket science. Wake up people!!!!
Katie Moulton

Sarasota, FL

#5 Nov 28, 2009
Shawn Powell wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't accusing Lisa of running a puppy mill. My vet told me that Snicker was probably from a mill because of the Petland association. I just wanted Lisa to know how wonderful my dog is and how happy I am to have him. He is so smart, it's scary.
Monica

Genoa City, WI

#6 Nov 28, 2009
edit....a reputable breeder checks out, there should be their....
Shawn Powell

El Dorado Springs, MO

#7 Nov 29, 2009
Katie Moulton wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't accusing Lisa of running a puppy mill. My vet told me that Snicker was probably from a mill because of the Petland association. I just wanted Lisa to know how wonderful my dog is and how happy I am to have him. He is so smart, it's scary.
I understand you were not accusing her of that. I just wanted you to know that your fur baby came from an awesome home.
Katie Moulton

Sarasota, FL

#8 Nov 29, 2009
After all is said and done, we don't care how Snickers wound up at Petland. I wasn't there to buy a pet but he was marked down because he was older that other dogs and we locked eyes and it was all over.

I was aware of Petland rumors but I feel that I saved Snickers from a family with children so he has had nothing but love and attention from us.

I know that there are such things as puppy mills and if I ever get another dog, I will buy direct from breeder. This was just serendipity.
Monica

Genoa City, WI

#9 Nov 29, 2009
or even better....save a life and adopt from a shelter (25% of homeless shelter dogs are purebred)or adopt from one of the hundreds of rescue groups out there. We need to stop breeding puppies...our country is in a pet overpopulation crisis. Thousands of innocents are euthanized daily...puppies, kittens, cats, dogs, purebreds, "designer" dogs, big dogs, small dogs...
phole

Lexington, KY

#10 Dec 6, 2009
what about this. all of you that spend all there time talking about puppy mills. Why don't you spend your time talking about the people that will not be having a good holiday this year due to layoffs and medical reasons. Get in your kitchen and get the food that you probably wont cook and waist and give it to a family in need. Then you can go back to you puppy mill chit chat.
Amy

Pleasantville, NY

#11 Jun 20, 2010
About two years ago I purchased a pup in a pet store that later died for a developmental and genetic disorder that destroyed her young body. It was heartbreaking. I was told that the dog was not from a puppy mill but a small breeder out in MO. It turns out the small breeder had over 80 pets on the premises and it took well over a month to get any information or medical records from the breeder. My dog died before her second birthdate. PLEASE beware of pet store that give you misinformation or misleading information on the origins of your dog. If you must buy from a petstore, ask to speak with her directly and review USDA reports of their businesses easily accessible on line. Please do additional research on your pedigree to know what particular predispositions they have for illness. DO YOUR HOMEWORK PLEASE!!
animallover65

Buffalo, NY

#12 Nov 15, 2010
phole wrote:
what about this. all of you that spend all there time talking about puppy mills. Why don't you spend your time talking about the people that will not be having a good holiday this year due to layoffs and medical reasons. Get in your kitchen and get the food that you probably wont cook and waist and give it to a family in need. Then you can go back to you puppy mill chit chat.
wtf! people are just as important as animals. are there people out there who need help? people who are going to die, due to lack of food, water, heat, clothing and shelter? YES! but animals are just as important as we are. jeeze! have a heart!
good cause

Waterloo, Canada

#13 Nov 15, 2010
phole wrote:
at least most people can take care of themselves and have aid in general. Missouri is a horrible state for animal neglect and cruelty. Yet people (some not all) who have their hand out are buying cigarettes and living off aid instead of looking for jobs that ARE out there. But why criticize anyone's cause. U should get off here and go donate food or apply for a job if you feel so strongly about it.
Ron Everly

Dallas, TX

#14 Mar 7, 2011
I like puppies
Katie Moulton

Sarasota, FL

#15 Mar 7, 2011
Ron Everly wrote:
I like puppies
Bless you Ron. I'll bet puppies love you too. Dogs are our best friends. We need to be sure they are bred properly and we need to find homes for all the abandonded dogs throughout the USA. My dog gives me a reason for living and he is a wonderful specimen of a puppy bred by Lisa Brown. I wish I could make contact with her.
Becky

Sunman, IN

#16 May 30, 2013
I don't know if this is the same Lisa Brown that I purchase a dog from but she IS a puppy mill owner and she has been shut down in several states! I cannot even begin to tell you the stuff I dug up on her when my dog died within just hours of having her. When I took the dog back to Lisa Brown both her and her husband attacked me physically and I had to call the cops. It was a horrific situation and she was shut down in Indiana. She will rott in hell for what she did to those dogs. I hope this is not the same Lisa Brown that I dealt with.
Allison

Springfield, MO

#17 Jun 13, 2013
Katie Moulton wrote:
I know you wrote this years ago but crazy enough I do know her. She is a wonderful woman and she has a great facility! Everything is kept clean and the dogs in her kennel have food all day and fresh water. Your dog came from a great kennel! Hope that helps.
ANIMAL LOVER

Dayton, OH

#18 Jul 31, 2013
Becky wrote:
I don't know if this is the same Lisa Brown that I purchase a dog from but she IS a puppy mill owner and she has been shut down in several states! I cannot even begin to tell you the stuff I dug up on her when my dog died within just hours of having her. When I took the dog back to Lisa Brown both her and her husband attacked me physically and I had to call the cops. It was a horrific situation and she was shut down in Indiana. She will rott in hell for what she did to those dogs. I hope this is not the same Lisa Brown that I dealt with.
I think this is the same Lisa Brown that now lives at 478 Wyoming St. Fairfield, OH 45014 and is running what looks like a PUG PUPPY MILL. She also works at PETLAND IN FAIRFIELD OHIO by Jungle Jims. She has a privacy fence and buildings that you cannot see behind but has many, many dogs barking and crying all hours of the night. A neighbor reported it to the Fairfield Police and Animal Control officer just this week. She has pugs with eye diseases, fleas, kept outside in all climate with no human contact. Please let me know where to find information on her from Indiana Puppy Mill or anything else you have on her animal neglect, cruelty. Thank you so much!!
ANIMAL LOVER

Dayton, OH

#19 Jul 31, 2013
think this is the same Lisa Brown that now lives at 478 Wyoming St. Fairfield, OH 45014 and is running what looks like a PUG PUPPY MILL. She also works at PETLAND IN FAIRFIELD OHIO by Jungle Jims. She has a privacy fence and buildings that you cannot see behind but has many, many dogs barking and crying all hours of the night. A neighbor reported it to the Fairfield Police and Animal Control officer just this week. She has pugs with eye diseases, fleas, kept outside in all climate with no human contact. Please let me know where to find information on her from Indiana Puppy Mill or anything else you have on her animal neglect, cruelty. Thank you so much!!
For the love of dogs

United States

#20 Saturday Jul 30
ANIMAL LOVER wrote:
think this is the same Lisa Brown that now lives at 478 Wyoming St. Fairfield, OH 45014 and is running what looks like a PUG PUPPY MILL. She also works at PETLAND IN FAIRFIELD OHIO by Jungle Jims. She has a privacy fence and buildings that you cannot see behind but has many, many dogs barking and crying all hours of the night. A neighbor reported it to the Fairfield Police and Animal Control officer just this week. She has pugs with eye diseases, fleas, kept outside in all climate with no human contact. Please let me know where to find information on her from Indiana Puppy Mill or anything else you have on her animal neglect, cruelty. Thank you so much!!
The posts on here that say she is an animal lover and wonderful person were posted by her! I have recently been trying to rescue some very abused horses from my neighbor and when she heard about him being turned in, she came in the middle of the night and took the most abused horse and hid him before authorities arrived to investigate so the old fart wouldn't get in trouble, when we found out who had him and investigators tried to contact her about the horses well being, she avoided them until she found a new place to hide him, all this in an effort to keep investigators from discovering the puppy mill she is running! Her dogs are kept in small cages that are stacked on top of each other they are skinny and not well cared for if at all! I have made it my mission to see to it that she answers for what she has been doing to animals for years, she now goes by Lisa Christy Brown and lives on victory lane in Buffalo MO! She is the worst kind of animal abuser and must be held accountable!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buffalo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lisa brown dog breeder on victory rd in Buffalo... Jul '16 Animal lover 2
James Lester Andrews (May '08) Jul '16 tim greene 4
louisburg murder?? (Feb '14) Jun '16 Urbana res 14
missing family (Jul '13) May '16 Daughter 18
Potters Mansion (Mar '09) Apr '16 Chris Pfresh 5
amber harness (Jan '16) Apr '16 that one chick 4
nana's cafe (Jan '16) Apr '16 Really 5

Buffalo Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance