Severed fingers from Minnesotan, 4 ot...

Severed fingers from Minnesotan, 4 other hostages found in Iraq

There are 23 comments on the TwinCities.com story from Mar 12, 2008, titled Severed fingers from Minnesotan, 4 other hostages found in Iraq. In it, TwinCities.com reports that:

U.S. authorities in Baghdad have received five severed fingers belonging to four Americans - including one Minnesotan - and an Austrian who were taken hostage more than a year ago in Iraq, U.S. officials said ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at TwinCities.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Freedom from zealots

Duluth, MN

#1 Mar 13, 2008
The US is being pummeled over waterboarding while these Islamic zealots send severed fingers all over the globe. People are suffering unimaginable pain inflicted by these radicals in their halls of horror, even while they blow up and maim thousands in the name of islam. Oh, I forgot, the left would have you believe that the US is the bad guy here.
Ghost of Christmas Future

Diamond Bar, CA

#2 Mar 13, 2008
Crescent Security operates outside the laws of the United States of America and their board of directors didn't sign the Geneva Convention.

There's no free lunch.
WoW

Minneapolis, MN

#3 Mar 13, 2008
"Freedom from Zealots" is 100% correct. I think the next few terrorists captured, don't get the waterboarding treatment, just submerge their head in water, leave the board out (why waste a good board on scum like these characters?). Hold their head underwater, longer and longer until they tell you exactly what they know and when you believe you have got all the info they have to offer, hold it under for about 15 minutes. It you think that is harsh, do you really believe the hostages who had their fingers cut off, against the rules of the Genevia Convention which the left likes to site, got good medical treatment as called for by the Geniva Convention afte their finger was Chopped off? All of them will probably die of infection before you hear about them again.
I have no sympathy for terrorists period.
Wallace Wilson

Minneapolis, MN

#4 Mar 13, 2008
Islamic terrorists and those who fight for the Taliban didn't sign the Geneva Convention either o no "free lunch" for them either.
Tired of it all

Inver Grove Heights, MN

#5 Mar 13, 2008
Freedom from zealots wrote:
The US is being pummeled over waterboarding while these Islamic zealots send severed fingers all over the globe. People are suffering unimaginable pain inflicted by these radicals in their halls of horror, even while they blow up and maim thousands in the name of islam. Oh, I forgot, the left would have you believe that the US is the bad guy here.
I read this article and was mad as usual. I wanted to read the comments. I can do no better then this comment. Excellent.

Why these vermin knuckle dragging cave dwellers from the 14th century deserve any consideration for rights is beyond me. They want to live the crusades over again, let's treat them appropriately I say.
Sinbad

Stillwater, MN

#6 Mar 13, 2008
I wonder who Osama wants to win the presidential election. Hmmmm, that's a tough one. Not.
Truly Concerned

Diamond Bar, CA

#7 Mar 13, 2008
I see the usual suspects out and about.
pjs

Minneapolis, MN

#8 Mar 13, 2008
Ghost of Christmas Future wrote:
Crescent Security operates outside the laws of the United States of America and their board of directors didn't sign the Geneva Convention.
There's no free lunch.
GOOD!
pjs

Minneapolis, MN

#9 Mar 13, 2008
Ghost of Christmas Future wrote:
There's no free lunch.
As far outside the law they can get would still not equal the barbarians of the taliban.
Ghost of Christmas Future

Diamond Bar, CA

#10 Mar 13, 2008
I was merely pointing out the legal and ethical dilemma. No need to yell at the Ghost of Christmas Future. Be nice, or you'll find a lump of coal and I won't be putting it in your stockings.
john mccain

United States

#11 Mar 13, 2008
what are these civilians doin over there in the first place? oh yeah, bilkin the US out of billions. losing a finger is part of the evils of war. how about bringin em all home now?
josh

Minneapolis, MN

#12 Mar 13, 2008
took an act of congress to discuss waterboarding and the bad guy did the same with fingers. torture seems ok when you have a prisoner but sucks when you are the prisoner.....
Shoot

Central, SC

#13 Mar 13, 2008
Ah, more from our non torture-practising enemy. A few chopped-off fingers from civilian hostages, what the hey, no big deal, right?

It's a good thing the liberals are insisting we be honorable and not waterboard anybody!
GHG

Capron, IL

#14 Mar 13, 2008
Why are we even talking about this? Global terrorism is no where near as important as global warming! These are just scare tactics by the Bush administration!(sarcasm...)
Red Ryder

Monroe, LA

#15 Mar 13, 2008
WoW wrote:
"Freedom from Zealots" is 100% correct. I think the next few terrorists captured, don't get the waterboarding treatment, just submerge their head in water, leave the board out (why waste a good board on scum like these characters?). Hold their head underwater, longer and longer until they tell you exactly what they know and when you believe you have got all the info they have to offer, hold it under for about 15 minutes. It you think that is harsh, do you really believe the hostages who had their fingers cut off, against the rules of the Genevia Convention which the left likes to site, got good medical treatment as called for by the Geniva Convention afte their finger was Chopped off? All of them will probably die of infection before you hear about them again.
I have no sympathy for terrorists period.
It just kills me that all the peacenik meatheads are constantly calling the US the lone torturer of the world, and yet they cannot show one instance where we cut off fingers of prisoners, or, God forbid, cut off heads. Show me anyone who ever died from waterboarding. We don’t line them up and shoot them or feed them into wood chippers. We make sure they get Halal food and have their personal Qur’an and visits from lawyers. But yet, we are the torturers of the world. There is a very real enemy here within the US, and the media is their best friend.
twelve

Van Buren, AR

#16 Mar 13, 2008
Lions and Hyenias fighting and so they will till the end of time.

Yet like the eagles and owls neither will rule over the other

Nice to know the wise snakes and doves know this

The most you can rule in this life is your own mind
Elliot Spitzer

Monroe, LA

#17 Mar 13, 2008
twelve wrote:
Lions and Hyenias fighting and so they will till the end of time.
Yet like the eagles and owls neither will rule over the other
Nice to know the wise snakes and doves know this
The most you can rule in this life is your own mind
Kindergarten poetry contest or Charlie Manson song?
Freedom from zealots

Duluth, MN

#18 Mar 13, 2008
josh wrote:
took an act of congress to discuss waterboarding and the bad guy did the same with fingers. torture seems ok when you have a prisoner but sucks when you are the prisoner.....
I think the real difference goes beyond the horrors of torture. The US waterboards to try to pry vital information from enemy combatants. Why does Al Qaeda sever fingers? Drill holes in people's skulls? or any of the other acts of torture before they slit your throat and broadcast it around the middle east via the net? The basic tenant is that they want you, me, and our children dead, period. The sooner we Americans come to grips with that, the better. If anyone thinks for just a minute that they don't want us all dead, then maybe send them your finger. That finger just might become a 'projectile' in their next IED.
Peter

Houston, TX

#19 Mar 13, 2008
Freedom from zealots wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the real difference goes beyond the horrors of torture. The US waterboards to try to pry vital information from enemy combatants. Why does Al Qaeda sever fingers? Drill holes in people's skulls? or any of the other acts of torture before they slit your throat and broadcast it around the middle east via the net? The basic tenant is that they want you, me, and our children dead, period. The sooner we Americans come to grips with that, the better. If anyone thinks for just a minute that they don't want us all dead, then maybe send them your finger. That finger just might become a 'projectile' in their next IED.
Keep talking, but sadly, in WWII it took only one Pearl Harbor for people to get it. This time it takes Trade Center 1, embassy bombings, train attacks in London and Madrid, kidnappings and murder, death threats on cartoonists and authors, murders of politicians, 9-11, and sadly more attacks in the U.S. before people get it.
Murph

Branson, MO

#20 Mar 13, 2008
Let's all remember how we got there and WHO is profiting from it! I think it is absolutely amazing that the Saudi's won't turn on their oil spigots for us.Yet, we are expected to kill their home grown vermin for them.Once you get past all the B.S. we only have ourselves to blame for putting the people in charge who are currently in charge.As things were falling apart,our tax dollars dropped from planes all across Irag and our people getting killed and maimed in the sand.Where was the Saudi army and air forces,the Kuwaitis and etc.So it is ok for us to turn our backs while Africans are getting killed and maimed by the thousands.Yet,Saddam and son's had to pay the price,and by the way DID.Move them troops to Afganistan and let ALL the Arabs choke on their oil while we move to bio fuel from algae.The ONLY fuel that REVERSES greenhouse gases! Blink and they will make sure that it NEVER happens.Wait and see,money beats science and logic every time!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buffalo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Religion of Politics. (Aug '16) May '17 Yidfellas v USA 12
News New concept in solar energy poised to catch on ... (Mar '15) May '17 Lana 2
News Guilty Verdict Closes 1979 Murder Case (Sep '07) Apr '17 operation gladio 7
News Sex offender arrested in Rockford (Jun '06) Mar '17 Sue 4
Curious (Sep '15) Feb '17 Curios 3
News Is the Murder Of Idaho Children Being Covered Up? (Jul '09) Jan '17 Tammy Reedy 5
Looking for small cheap apt Jan '17 Renee Brook 1

Buffalo Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Buffalo Mortgages