Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 149910 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#79222 May 22, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Blessed is the Nation who's God is the Lord!
You do realize this country was not founded on Christianity don't you? Look up the Treaty of Tripoli. Voted on by the Senate. Passed with a 100% vote.
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

#79223 May 22, 2012
Occams Razor wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes and Amen posted this in response to 'bad men' Hitler, etc.
Please for YOUR God's sake, do some reading!! Hitler was raised Roman Catholic!! AKA Christian! The SS Nazi's had German words on their belt buckles that translated into "God is with us"!! Hitler and his 'followers' were doing God's work. I've been to Germany, and I have seen the belt buckles in person.
And just one more thing on abortion, becuase it seems that YOU and many Christians are fixated on it. Why didn't you get on President Bush about abortion? He had 8 years to do something about it. Oh yeah, he and Cheney were too busy making money for themselves in oil and no bid contracts for Cheney's company. Do you think that NO abortions took place when he was President?
The FACT is that no Republican will EVER stop abortion, because that is the ONE wedge issue that keep their uneducated base coming back for more!!
Clueless!

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#79225 May 22, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Clueless!
That's exactly the response I expected when facts are presented.
havent forgotten

San Jose, CA

#79227 May 22, 2012
havent forgotten wrote:
now of course I am having trouble with that same idiot who uses the names of others, and writes stupid comments. I think every one knows I am from Iowa, since there are so few Iowans on topix - most of us out working especially farming or work in small towns and thriving cities, or on well-deserved breaks after school years at mostly very good schools.(no cost to state of Iowa for that promotional). you deserve no answer for your comment because you are an impersonator and imposter, and also because you misrepresent content as well, and also because you are not liked by anyone at all.<quoted text>
Name calling is a sure sign you have been offended.
Perhaps, you should look into some anger management classes "there in Iowa."

You're not from Iowa.

“Memento mori”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#79228 May 22, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>How many Girls kissed after hearing that song? How many are still kissing?
And you say you have facts.... You have Zip, nadda, goose egg!
Thus sayeth the Lord...
A Fool in his heart says there is no God!
Professing yourself to be wise... you become a fool!
Need I say more, or is it going over your head?
Where is your proof that girls are doing that because of a song? You have nothing.

You can use as many quotes and analogies as you want to try and "prove" you're right for your beliefs but they don't make it so. Music doesn't make people gay; having an innate desire to be with the same sex does.

And you _still_ did not answer my question about heaven and hell. Why is it okay to send someone to hell if they don't believe, but it's also fine to send someone to heaven after raping and murdering if they are saved?

If I give $20 to havent forgotten and Quanty forgives havent of that $20 debt to me, I've not gained anything. I've lost something. So if an atheist is murdered by a Christian, the Christian will go to heaven and the atheist won't. That is not justice.
havent forgotten

San Jose, CA

#79229 May 22, 2012
Occams Razor wrote:
<quoted text>
So, you're saying that Aesop, etc. is taught as fact? See there's the rub...Religious Fairy Tales at private schools are taught as fact.
There's a classroom in Norhtern Ky you can go to and see some 'FACT' the Creation Museum where humans rode dinosaurs around. Go into ANY college class and defend those 'FACTS.'
It doesn't surprise me that you missed the point.

I was saying that Aesop's Fables are NOT fact.
Google the word fable.
It's similar to a fairy tale.

You claimed you won't send your kids to a school that teaches fairy tales.
You don't even realize fables, mythology, and other fantasy stories are a big part of public school literature classes. You were just trying to insult Christians, but it backfired and made you look like a bigger fool.

Ignorance still shocks me. I don't know why. I should be used to it, since it's rampant on Topix.
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

#79230 May 22, 2012
havent forgotten wrote:
so Catholics are not Christians according to you. please list all others who think they are cHRISTIANS and are not Christians according to you, by individuals, churches, denominations, etc.<quoted text>
You can search it yourself!
Jesus said "I am the way, the Truth, and the Life, no one comes to the Father except by me!"...
Hail Mary full of Grace... Please tell Jesus that I Love God...
Catholocism is Pagan/Christian Hybred AKA Anti-Christ!
havent forgotten

San Jose, CA

#79231 May 22, 2012
havent forgotten wrote:
now of course I am having trouble with that same idiot who uses the names of others, and writes stupid comments. I think every one knows I am from Iowa, since there are so few Iowans on topix - most of us out working especially farming or work in small towns and thriving cities, or on well-deserved breaks after school years at mostly very good schools.(no cost to state of Iowa for that promotional). you deserve no answer for your comment because you are an impersonator and imposter, and also because you misrepresent content as well, and also because you are not liked by anyone at all.<quoted text>
So, is it supposed to hurt my feelings for you to tell me the "Topix scholars" I ridicule don't like me?
If so, I think your arrow missed the target.

I certainly hope I am not liked by fools. That would mean I think like you people.

"Nobody likes you and you don't deserve an answer because you used my "identity" Waaahhh and Boo Hoo." That was a very mature response, Ms. Iowa. LOL

Let me educate you. An impostor (note the spelling) pretends to be another person, using the same writing style for mimicry.
I am not pretending to be you or anyone else. In fact, I want to totally disassociate myself from all you simpletons, so why would I mimic you? Using a name is not impersonation or identity theft. If you place that much authority on a Topix name, you need serious therapy.

Not to mention, it only heaps further ridicule upon you.
havent forgotten

San Jose, CA

#79232 May 22, 2012
havent forgotten wrote:
<quoted text> yes, but he is such a mere thing. would it not perhaps hurt his psyche to not acknowledge that he exists, even if he has no name. I begin to feel sorry for him, and think he needs some help.
I'm sure the very fact that you keep responding to and talking to others about the "mere thing" is plenty of acknowledgment.
I'm sure he appreciates your tireless efforts in post after post.
I doubt that he returns the pity; however, since he takes so much pleasure in causing you distress.
havent forgotten

San Jose, CA

#79233 May 22, 2012
havent forgotten wrote:
<quoted text> oh, it sounds too stuck up for me to be telling me that I sound like a sort of topix saint, but I agree that I am mostly very nice to nice people. I seldom get my feelings hurt by inferior persons like you, whoever you are with no name of your own - no wonder you are so silly in thinking you intimidate folks, when you annoy them mostly in a way that a swarm of knats might. have you considered talking to a professional therapist about your lack of an identity of your own?
I suppose they didn't teach you how to spell the word GNAT in that superior nonreligious public school.

The sad fact that you believe a random screen name you type into a blank field is your "identity" is reason enough to qualify you for some counseling at the free Comprehensive Care clinic.

Topix is serious business for you, isn't it?

LOL

Ask if they have some anger management classes while you're there.
If you let an anonymous person on Topix distress you this much, you need to take a few precautions to safeguard your mental stability.
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

#79234 May 22, 2012
havent forgotten wrote:
<quoted text>C S Lewis wrote a series of childrens books called the Chronicles of Narnia. They were very well-written stories, with illustrations, and had interesting characters, and were very enticing to children. Movies have been made of some of them. At the end he had a book called the Final Battle. It turns out that the whole series was a sort of fable based on Biblical teachings of a rightwing sort, with the book of revelation and horrible happenings to come at the end, and to be perfectly OK for children to read and be brainwashed by, since they had been set up so cleverly by this evil propaganda pusher of hell and damnation for folks he did not approve of.
I Pray your health is Good, and you live another 6-10 years... Then when you see it wasn't propaganda... get back with us!
Oh wait... it'll be too late!
Quantummist

San Jose, CA

#79235 May 22, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Well you of course can do what ever you wish... I just don't give a crap about such idiocy.... Sometimes the best Help for some is to kick em to the curb and laugh at them as you pass by...
...He says as he reads all my comments, grumbles, shakes his fist, and scowls.

Quanty, you have spent more time acknowledging my comments than you have ringing for the nurse.
juggalo

Columbia, SC

#79236 May 22, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>"There are two kinds of people:
1) those who say to God,'Thy will be done' and
2) those to whom God says, All right, then, have it your way.'"
C.S. Lewis
I was (2), now I'm (1), and Very Glad of it!
Now... you be you!
So in other words , you have no answer

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#79237 May 22, 2012
havent forgotten wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesn't surprise me that you missed the point.
I was saying that Aesop's Fables are NOT fact.
Google the word fable.
It's similar to a fairy tale.
You claimed you won't send your kids to a school that teaches fairy tales.
You don't even realize fables, mythology, and other fantasy stories are a big part of public school literature classes. You were just trying to insult Christians, but it backfired and made you look like a bigger fool.
Ignorance still shocks me. I don't know why. I should be used to it, since it's rampant on Topix.
I believe in public schools children know that fables and mythology are just that. Christians want the bible taught as fact. Do you believe the bible is fact?
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

#79238 May 22, 2012
havent forgotten wrote:
<quoted text> oh, it sounds too stuck up for me to be telling me that I sound like a sort of topix saint, but I agree that I am mostly very nice to nice people. I seldom get my feelings hurt by inferior persons like you, whoever you are with no name of your own - no wonder you are so silly in thinking you intimidate folks, when you annoy them mostly in a way that a swarm of knats might. have you considered talking to a professional therapist about your lack of an identity of your own?
Just couldn't resist... huh?
havent forgotten wrote:

I think the Winchester person is the same one giving trouble to several other regular commenters on topix. by using their names. maybe we should all refuse to reply to that it with no name??
havent forgotten wrote:
Try harder next time!
You can do this!
Loverof Reading

London, KY

#79239 May 22, 2012
New psycho-illogical terminology:

Bookophobics.

Unbelievable lol.
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

#79240 May 22, 2012
Occams Razor wrote:
<quoted text>
You do realize this country was not founded on Christianity don't you? Look up the Treaty of Tripoli. Voted on by the Senate. Passed with a 100% vote.
Again? Really?
I'm gowing back to my old name "How Stupid can You be"
Seems it fits the liberal idiots best!
BUY a CLUE!
Yes and Amen

Pikeville, KY

#79241 May 22, 2012
Occams Razor wrote:
<quoted text>
That's exactly the response I expected when facts are presented.
You have no Facts against God!
The idiot buttons were all used, and I just had to get the truth in there!
Clueless!

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#79242 May 22, 2012
EssentialSalts wrote:
<quoted text>
Where is your proof that girls are doing that because of a song? You have nothing.
You can use as many quotes and analogies as you want to try and "prove" you're right for your beliefs but they don't make it so. Music doesn't make people gay; having an innate desire to be with the same sex does.
And you _still_ did not answer my question about heaven and hell. Why is it okay to send someone to hell if they don't believe, but it's also fine to send someone to heaven after raping and murdering if they are saved?
If I give $20 to havent forgotten and Quanty forgives havent of that $20 debt to me, I've not gained anything. I've lost something. So if an atheist is murdered by a Christian, the Christian will go to heaven and the atheist won't. That is not justice.
I think we can assume that girls did try a kiss because of the song. I think its a natural response. Would it cause homosexuality maybe, sexual arousal over rides the thought process(natural need to procreate). Could it cause homosexuality as in "sexual orientation" only someone under educated would propose that.

“Memento mori”

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#79243 May 22, 2012
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>You have no Facts against God!
The idiot buttons were all used, and I just had to get the truth in there!
Clueless!
You have no facts for the existence of God at all whatsoever. No one has to prove he doesn't exist, you have to prove that he does and that it is the god you believe it to be.

As for the country being founded on Christianity, that was one of the many things you were proven wrong on; you just ignored it to pretend you are right as you do with everything else.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buffalo Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Baseball coaches at park 5 hr Tell it like it is 14
Heather hornback (May '15) 6 hr Miss santa 29
Tonya Bond Curry Judd ? 9 hr Need to know 1
Team Mystic 9 hr Tazkven 1
Poll HOARDING: Is it really a mental disorder, or ju... (May '10) 11 hr BillyBob 69
Todd Elmore (Jun '15) 15 hr I pray 22
save a lot cashiers 23 hr Unexpected rudeness 22

Buffalo Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Buffalo Mortgages