Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2008

Hello everyone...

Do you or anyone you know work at the Larue County Detention Center? I ask because my wife and I found a rental home in Buffalo, KY that we really like.

Since I am a Deputy Jailer in Bullitt County, it is in my best interest to stay in the same line of work (for now). Eventually, I want to get on with the Hodgenville PD or the Sheriff's Office.

Please do not answer in the open forum for obvious reasons. Instead, just let me know that it's ok to Email you.

Thank you for your time and patience.
hodgenville gossip

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 14, 2008

you work in a real jail then! reason saying the jailer there treats the inmates like king and queen >which he should treat them good because the are ppl too (and yeah good ppl are there and
there are the not so good!but he should treat his staff like humans at least!
haha

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 10, 2008

you got that right
Jailbird

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2008

If you like working for a jailer that treats the prisoners better than his employees, then go for it!
been there

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 2, 2008

hey its a great place to do time! and yea mac is real cool to the inmates. yea he would treat his staff better if they all werent IDIOTS.
LMAOATU

Mount Juliet, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2008

The hardin co. det center is a good place to work I used to work there you should try it. it has about 600 inmates.
wow

Columbia, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 15, 2008

wow
Cheyenne Richardson

Shepherdsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2009

I dont know no one that works in the Larue Co. Detention Center but i do have a husband housed there . I go on the website for your facility daily and all i get is a address and phone number. Why doesnt it tell about the programs it offers its state inmates> I just would like to even see a picture of the jail just to know where my loved on is and what it looks like. It's hard but i wont complain because he is safe and in a good class d program and the god i serve watches over him and each of you daily. Just could you update your website soon. A concerned and interested wife in Jefferson County.
jewels

Bardstown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2009

Cheyenne Richardson wrote:
I dont know no one that works in the Larue Co. Detention Center but i do have a husband housed there . I go on the website for your facility daily and all i get is a address and phone number. Why doesnt it tell about the programs it offers its state inmates> I just would like to even see a picture of the jail just to know where my loved on is and what it looks like. It's hard but i wont complain because he is safe and in a good class d program and the god i serve watches over him and each of you daily. Just could you update your website soon. A concerned and interested wife in Jefferson County.
your husband is where in larue county, it's a good place and my fiance is there he likes it and i do to.
jewels

Bardstown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2009

laqrue county is ok, my fiance has been there for almost 4 months he is a state inmate. and it seems like they have more previliges than county inmates, but seriously your husband will be ok in there.

Since: Apr 09

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 14, 2009

can anyone get a msg to an inmate in Larue Co. jail for me?? I'd greatly appreciate it..
lollepop

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2009

does anyone know what i am allowed to bring an inmate when i come to visit? Thanks.
Chad

La Grange, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 22, 2009

been there wrote:
hey its a great place to do time! and yea mac is real cool to the inmates. yea he would treat his staff better if they all werent IDIOTS.
YOu know his is very true. They do not know what they are doing and when they get the authority there they think they are something and they want to take advantage of it. I myself have been in that kind of work for 3 years but not in Larue county. I went to somewhere where we had regular police training. I get respect from inmates because I show respect to the inmates. And they still wont hire me. Its all about who you know and who you kiss ass to there.
loosey goosey

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2010

I need info on an inmate please. my husband has been getting visits from people which is knocking me and my children out of ours. He says the jail is at fault and not letting him get any visits. i find this hard to believe. can anyone help me?
N love with a lure inmate

Gallatin, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 30, 2010

My boyfriend is in larue county detention center. (not state side) but i get to visit every Tue and Sat. unless it's a holiday. He has been in for about 8 months and iam glad he is in the larue jail and not somewhere else. They are not assholes and try to work with you.
Millie

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2011

Really people????? So, great that they have been all over the news???? I, myself, have talked to the class d coordinator several times and all she has done is flat out lie to me!!!!! What exactly makes u think it's so great??
Any suggestions on who I could contact over the class d coordinator? I have already contacted Frankfort.....no help there either!!!!!
Society

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2011

I find it funny how The Jailers (Johnny Cottrell) step son can go on a drunken rampage at the school's field house doing damage to objects including cars on top of breaking and entering in excess of underage drinking while he was only given Community service and gets away with all sorts of shit that most people would get prosecuted for. While my Brother is doing 5 months for what should have been classified a misdemeanor. The only reported damage done was a door. The world is a bitch about justice. Of course this wont do anything to get my brother out but i love him and can't wait until his release. I am counting the days. 150 left
I love you bro. AK
been there

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2011

I am a female and was housed in Larue co. for my stat time. It was better than most places however the women are still not treats as well as men. We were on lock down damn near 24/7. The state men weren't. We had to wear orange state men didnt. There were a few 'gaurds' that regarded us as the worse form of. The former class D coordinator sucked! As for this so called bullshit of rape and sexual favors for cigarettes and other things. Look at the crack head junkies making the accusations. Harold Marcums only crime was treating these addicts like humans. Travis(former deputy jailer)his crime was trying to help get time sheets right and to try and make the stay for females a little easier. I wasthere from 8-08 to 4-10. There were no rapes or any of the other lies being said. Now Josh, maybe. He was a gay guy that only lied the men. Treated females like shit!
neighbor

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2012

been there wrote:
I don't believe Mac is there anymore. I believe he got himself in some trouble
just wondering

New Haven, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2012

bragging you are jailed anywhere is stupid...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Buffalo Discussions

Search the Buffalo Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 11 min DITCH MITCH 146,441
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 15 min ChromiuMan 128,771
How many Bandits does it take? 33 min Virginia Rebel 59
People using other peoples names 43 min Virginia Rebel 234
Flint Hill Bandit is MOD 52 min Flint hill bandit 2
Bicycle Thieves 2 hr Flint hill bandit 13
Sam Sanders 3 hr Miller High Life 11
•••
•••
•••
•••

Buffalo Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000