Boy Dials 911 After Parents Take Away Xbox

A 15-year-old boy told police that his parents had taken away his video game system and asked whether they were within their rights. Full Story
pistoff

United States

#1 Nov 18, 2009
If this is me, I smash the X box in front of the cops, then thank them for coming out. Kid learns a valuable lesson. Don't fck with the eagles unless you can fly
Right Call

Valley City, OH

#2 Nov 18, 2009
"He also was advised to listen to his parents" but when the kid says "I don't care what you say and you cant do anything about it", then what? NOTHING !! because parents cant discipline their children or else they get in trouble, even though they are trying to raise their child to be a responsible person who knows right from wrong and doesn't disregard authority. Then you have these parents who have these POS kids who think they are owed something and the parents don’t care. Dam*ed if you do, Dam*ed if you don’t.
Midnight

Cleveland, OH

#3 Nov 18, 2009
Maybe if more parents did this we wouldn't have such a problem with the youth in this country. If that was my kid I would take the Xbox away permanently because he called the Police. What a brat!!!!
Right Call

Valley City, OH

#4 Nov 18, 2009
pistoff wrote:
If this is me, I smash the X box in front of the cops, then thank them for coming out. Kid learns a valuable lesson. Don't fck with the eagles unless you can fly
I agree completely, but the cops would probably arrest you for disorderly conduct. If your kid listens, then all is fine, but if they dont, the cops expect you to handle it, when you do, then you are the bad guy and you end up paying your hard earned money all because the kid (not you)cant follow directions and its only getting worse. The cops dont want to help prevent the problem, they just want to charge you when they have to take care of it, and the kids know this and act like they can run wild and there is nothing you can do about it.

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#5 Nov 18, 2009
This is a joke, right? What an immature 15 year old. This shows the problems these days. Outside forces are taking away a parents right to discipline their kids. Could have been worse, though. He could have done what the kid in Oberlin did.
Barack Hussein Obutthole

Cleveland, OH

#6 Nov 18, 2009
Another future president of America. Where's David Axelrod when you need a spin?

Since: Nov 09

Location hidden

#7 Nov 18, 2009
Barack Hussein Obutthole wrote:
Another future president of America. Where's David Axelrod when you need a spin?
ROFL. You are too funny.
dumb and dummer

Cleveland, OH

#8 Nov 18, 2009
Theres always e-bay the parents should put it up for sale and when the kid gets a job and can afford it he can go out and buy another. Of course if the kid still live in the house the parents have the right to refuse the installation of the device.
Sandy

Cleveland, OH

#9 Nov 18, 2009
I would have definitely taken the xbox away and his computer and probably he even has a cell phone which is parents are paying for. That's how these kids are these days they have too much and for some reason the parents are afraid to tell them no. You take it away and when they deserve it then they get it back slowly. As far as discipline you can whack them every so often the cops arent going to do anything about that it's when someone is beaten that's when it's out of control.
Sue-Barberton

Akron, OH

#10 Nov 18, 2009
How about donating the xbox (and all the games too) to a local library, community center, or childrens hospital?

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#11 Nov 18, 2009
ID WAIT TlLL THE COPS LEFT AND BURY HIM WITH THE X-BOX AS A TOMBSTONE.
kathy

Barberton, OH

#12 Nov 18, 2009
I would of given him to the police.And his xbox to.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buffalo Grove Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Walgreens grants billionaire interim CEO $7M in... 1 hr Phill 14
Walgreen faces penalty for NY flu shot charges (Oct '12) 1 hr Im not an MBA but 9
Car burglar 9 hr JenniferEco 1
Marie Drake Fri sarah 1
Review: Concrete Finishers Group Jan 22 jstrong196 1
New look at Rouse murders stirs chilling memories Jan 22 chop suey 6
Audiologist Offers Free Hearing Aids (Apr '13) Jan 22 Jerry Boggs 2
Buffalo Grove Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Buffalo Grove People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:24 pm PST

Yahoo! Sports 1:24PM
What trick will Belichick pull from his hoodie sleeve next?
Bleacher Report 5:14 PM
How Bears Can Make Most of Each Draft Pick
Bleacher Report12:00 AM
3 Mistakes the Chicago Bears Can't Afford to Make This Offseason
NBC Sports 6:14 AM
Michael Bidwill on Larry Fitzgerald: We'll get this worked out
Bleacher Report 9:15 AM
Tillman Hints at Return to Bears with Tweet