new bakery in netcong
First Prev
of 7
Next Last
INDIGESTION

Parlin, NJ

#1 Mar 30, 2009
We tried the new bakery in Netcong 6 times since it opened because we wanted to give it a chance.

I think it is fair to say: IT SUCKS!!!!!!

The bakery goods are not baked on the premises ---- they are hauled in from God knows where. The rolls are at least a day(s) old and taste stale.

These "bricks" are overpriced to boot.

So much for the long anticipated "bakery" or whatever you want to call it.

If the stuff was good, it would be worth the fact that there is absolutely no parking available.

There is no parking and the food stinks ..... a big thumbs down.
Stale Donuts

Parlin, NJ

#2 Mar 30, 2009
INDIGESTION wrote:
We tried the new bakery in Netcong 6 times since it opened because we wanted to give it a chance.
I think it is fair to say: IT SUCKS!!!!!!
The bakery goods are not baked on the premises ---- they are hauled in from God knows where. The rolls are at least a day(s) old and taste stale.
These "bricks" are overpriced to boot.
So much for the long anticipated "bakery" or whatever you want to call it.
If the stuff was good, it would be worth the fact that there is absolutely no parking available.
There is no parking and the food stinks ..... a big thumbs down.
Well, now that you brought it up. I didn't have any luck there either. I gave it 3 chances. That's it for me. I don't mind spending a little more if the quality is good but in this case.... I give it a thumbs down!!
Netcong Bakery is Nice

Parlin, NJ

#3 Mar 30, 2009
I don't agree with the other posts. I have tried the Netcong Bakery and few times and have been happy with it so far. The items are baked in Washington, NJ at their original bakery which used to bring baked goods to the Netcong Farmers' Market for last 2 years. If you buy bread it is so fresh that condensation can form in your bag. Just put bread into a new dry bag and it will be fine.

As for parking, yes it's not the best but you can park behind the building (there are signs), behind the bank or around the corner on Main St and walk down. Might be a good idea to walk to a bakery.
Yep

Old Bridge, NJ

#4 Mar 30, 2009
The bakery is great! You can't beat the prices and the items ARE fresh. More than once I've seen them delivering around 10 o'clock at night while I was driving by.

The cakes are delicious and I think they are worth the walk around the corner.

I guess everyone should be their own judge.
Try and Then Judge

Matawan, NJ

#5 Mar 30, 2009
Yep wrote:
The bakery is great! You can't beat the prices and the items ARE fresh. More than once I've seen them delivering around 10 o'clock at night while I was driving by.
The cakes are delicious and I think they are worth the walk around the corner.
I guess everyone should be their own judge.
I guess I'll have to try and then honestly judge. I was so happy to hear that a bakery was once again in Netcong, however, deliveries around ten at night makes me a little wary. Do they not have a set-up for baking on the premiseses? If not why don't do what the bagel shop does and have deliveries by 6:00am???. Sorry, just a thought. I will definitely give a try though!!!
Oldy Moldy Bakery

Parlin, NJ

#6 Mar 30, 2009
I tried the new bakery and it was awful.

Maybe I was expecting a real bakery where the goods are baked on the premises.

Baked goods delivered at 10 pm for the next morning ---- does not sound too good to me.

That explains it all. They are probably selling leftovers.

Shop Rite sells Netcong residents all their leftover second hand slop from the other stores so I guess the "unbakery" is doing the same.

Go figure.
Try and Then Judge

Matawan, NJ

#7 Mar 30, 2009
Oldy Moldy Bakery wrote:
I tried the new bakery and it was awful.
Maybe I was expecting a real bakery where the goods are baked on the premises.
Baked goods delivered at 10 pm for the next morning ---- does not sound too good to me.
That explains it all. They are probably selling leftovers.
Shop Rite sells Netcong residents all their leftover second hand slop from the other stores so I guess the "unbakery" is doing the same.
Go figure.

Oh Boy!!! I don't buy any baked goods from Shop-Rite. Only because I've always been disappointed. I don't know what to do now. I remember that bakery near Carmine's. Now THAT was a wonderful bakery. Before basketball practice, we would always go down there for their cookies. I also miss the "Nickle and Dime Store". Oh NOOOOO!! I'm showing my age!! LOL LOL!
Try and Then Judge

Matawan, NJ

#8 Mar 30, 2009
Netcong Bakery is Nice wrote:
I don't agree with the other posts. I have tried the Netcong Bakery and few times and have been happy with it so far. The items are baked in Washington, NJ at their original bakery which used to bring baked goods to the Netcong Farmers' Market for last 2 years. If you buy bread it is so fresh that condensation can form in your bag. Just put bread into a new dry bag and it will be fine.
As for parking, yes it's not the best but you can park behind the building (there are signs), behind the bank or around the corner on Main St and walk down. Might be a good idea to walk to a bakery.
So true. walking not only to the bakery, but also from. My hubby can't eat sweets, so I'll have to 'sneak' it.(How do you type an evil laugh)???? LOL!!!
Sweet Tooth

Parlin, NJ

#9 Mar 31, 2009
Try and Then Judge wrote:
<quoted text>
So true. walking not only to the bakery, but also from. My hubby can't eat sweets, so I'll have to 'sneak' it.(How do you type an evil laugh)???? LOL!!!
I tried this bakery. Overprice and Day Old Danish ..... Yuck!!!!
DAY OLD MOLD

Parlin, NJ

#10 Mar 31, 2009
Try and Then Judge wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess I'll have to try and then honestly judge. I was so happy to hear that a bakery was once again in Netcong, however, deliveries around ten at night makes me a little wary. Do they not have a set-up for baking on the premiseses? If not why don't do what the bagel shop does and have deliveries by 6:00am???. Sorry, just a thought. I will definitely give a try though!!!
SOMEONE ON THIS FORUM MUST WORK AT THAT DIVE OR KNOWS THE OWNERS. THIS PLACE GETS A F RATING.
Stale Donuts

Parlin, NJ

#11 Mar 31, 2009
DAY OLD MOLD wrote:
<quoted text>SOMEONE ON THIS FORUM MUST WORK AT THAT DIVE OR KNOWS THE OWNERS. THIS PLACE GETS A F RATING.
I agree cause I have had no luck whatsoever. I've given them 3 chances. Every time the taste was awful. No freshness at all. I haven't heard one good comment. It's a shame because I was really looking forward to having a good bakery in town. Oh well.
Wish it was good

Parlin, NJ

#12 Mar 31, 2009
Here is my 2 cents.....I too was excited to have a bakery in town....however I have tried them 3 times as well and they went 1 for 3.

The rolls are just NOT good I would rather go to shop rite......I did like the loaf of Italian bread....Donuts, ok but nothing to go back for.

I give them until the end of June and then they are GONE.
wishful thinking

Parlin, NJ

#13 Mar 31, 2009
I was so excited to hear about the new bakery coming in. The excited was short lived. My first purchase was an eclair. The cream inside ws good, but the chocolate outside was so hard, I had to use a steak knife to cut it in half. Next I bought bread, it was really stale. Next (and last try) I bought some pastries. The donuts get a "C" rating, the rest gets an "F" rating. Everything was stale. What a huge dissappointment.
Hungry

Parlin, NJ

#14 Mar 31, 2009
anybody have a good recipe for home baked bread?
Netcong Bakery is Nice

Parlin, NJ

#15 Mar 31, 2009
For the record I am not associated with people from the Netcong Bakery. I just haven't had the same experiences as some of you. I have tried the bakery at different times and days and have enjoyed my items. I have not encountered any stale items.

I do wish they would carry more whole grain and dark breads.

I'll be the one walking to the bakery.:)
Hoity Toity

Parlin, NJ

#16 Apr 1, 2009
For the record I am not associated with people from the Netcong Bakery. I just haven't had the same experiences as some of you. I have tried the bakery at different times and days and have enjoyed my items. I have not encountered any stale items.
who gives a rats ^ss what you think anyway. you are way too full of yourself.
Hey

Parlin, NJ

#17 Apr 1, 2009
Go get your taste buds checked out!!!
INDIGESTION

Parlin, NJ

#18 Apr 1, 2009
I saw the baker at Shop Rite rifling through the "SALES CART".

He went away with donuts and a couple cakes.

Explains A Lot.
Different Strokes

Parlin, NJ

#19 Apr 1, 2009
I heard around town (not from these forums) that the bakery goods are in fact pretty good and the portions are large.
Netcong Bakery is Nice

Parlin, NJ

#20 Apr 1, 2009
Hoity Toity wrote:
<quoted text>who gives a rats ^ss what you think anyway. you are way too full of yourself.
And what makes your opinion any better? We both have the right to share our opinion. That's the point of these forums. No one is forcing you to go to the bakery. If you can't handle people having different opinions than you, you should not participate in a forum. Plus there's no reason to be rude.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Budd Lake Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News South Jersey beer distributor to layoff 128 Mar 15 rasputinsir 1
Netcong School trying to drown taxpayers in 201... (May '16) Mar 6 Dontdoit 73
Stanhope contest? Feb 25 WTF 1
animal abuse at Donaldson farm in hacks nj Feb '17 lisah 5
Fanuccis (Jun '16) Feb '17 Boloney 15
News 2 dead in apparent murder-suicide at NJ clinic (Mar '09) Feb '17 Her side- 71
News Poll of N.J. voters shows low turnout likely fo... (Jun '10) Jan '17 Leftist Libtard 62

Budd Lake Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Budd Lake Mortgages