Osceola County police investigating M...

Osceola County police investigating Marion area assault

There are 18 comments on the Northern Michigan News story from Jan 16, 2008, titled Osceola County police investigating Marion area assault. In it, Northern Michigan News reports that:

“The individuals were beaten but not on their own property”

Police in Osceola County could be seeking arrest warrants for multiple individuals involved in an assault in the Marion area on Jan. via Northern Michigan News

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Northern Michigan News.

carston seales

United States

#1 Feb 9, 2008
Well, it's been over a month since a vicious beating took place in Marion.
Isn't it time for one of the fine investigative reporters in our area to talk to some witnesses and report the facts. Why do we always get our news in the coffee shop?

A person was stabbed in Wexford County several weeks ago, and we still haven't heard the name of the suspect, or suspects.

A crime in another state happens, and we know all the details immediately. It doesn't takeour reporters any effort to get a story off the AP wire, but let a family of ducks cross Mitchell, and the reporters, and cameras are documenting this event.
AnonyMouse

Marquette, MI

#2 Mar 19, 2008
witnesses? Such as who? Who knows the facts? Do you know if their were any witnesses? All hearsay. My word vs your word, but you've already convicted them haven't you?
carston seales

United States

#3 Apr 5, 2008
mouse,
Yes there were the two young men that were beaten, in Marion, and at least 5 of the accused. All witnesses. after 2 months they were arrested, and are out on bond. I had to call 9 and 10 that they were arrested, and they had the story on the so-called news within 2 hours. If I hadn't called they would still be in the dark. When I told the so called newsman that the suspects in the Marion beating had been arrested, he asked, "what beating". Case closed.

The Beebe murder happened in Marion about a year ago. No arrests, and the investigation has stopped. I asked a 9 and 10 info babe why they weren't reporting on the murder, and she answered "what murder".

As for the Wexford stabbing, I told the media a week after it happened, who beat, and stabbed the victim, who died 2 days later of natural causes. It was just a coincidence that he died right after the attack. I have found out since I devulged the attacker's name, that his 2 sons were in on the attack.

Am I the only one that thinks the media has a duty to inform the public about what is happening in their area. It has been 2 months since the Wexford attack, and still haven't heard anything
carston seales

United States

#4 Jun 1, 2008
The Marion beating case is in the court now, but the media has not reported about the court procedures.

The Beebe murder investigation is going nowhere. It's a tough case. There was only one other person in the house, who sanitized the crime scene, and reported the killing 4 hours later. I wonder who did it.

The Bergey beating, and stabbing suspects have not been found. The media still hasn't named the suspects, although they are known to members of the Bergey family, and the police.

I'm still contacting the Cadillac TV stations, and Cadillac News, asking why they are still not reporting on these cases. They don't even return my calls now.
Irate

Cadillac, MI

#5 Jun 30, 2008
I have lived in the Marion area for almost 10 years now. I would definitely agree that the police and/or media just don’t plain do their job. I am not speaking about all of them, but you know the old adage: One bad apple…

I have heard rumor that in both the “Beating” and in the Beebe case, that evidence had been misappropriated by Osceola’s Finest and therefore inadmissible in court. Something has to be done here! People of our community need to be outraged, contact the media, and vote these civil servants out of there.

I have also heard the same stories regarding the Bergey case in Wexford County. The police, as previously stated, know pretty much what happened and who did it but, as to this date, nothing yet.

I am aware of the problems in our system, and understand that “Things” do happen, and how the investigator’s hands are often tied. Further more, I do understand that a “Solid Case” is of necessity before it can be brought to the judicial system, but I’m seeing a pattern here and I don’t like it. The lack of accountability doesn’t end there either. One has to look n further than our illustrious school system.

People this problem is OURS. We need to hold these servants accountable for what they do (or don’t). These people work for us, and ought not let them forget it either! If you have a problem with them, complain like hell to all forms of the media, and vote their collective asses out of there.
yooper

United States

#6 Nov 5, 2008
Why is it that we get detailed information from our local media about cases in other Michigan areas, crimes in other states, or countries, but nothing about crimes in our area. The media should be ashamed of themselves. 9&10 (the weather station) should get rid of 3 or 4 meteorologists, and hire one big city investigative reporter. Why do they even need a weather person. We pay for the National weather service, and a news reader, could just read that report, and it would probably be more accurate.

If the police, and Sheriff won't release information, the media should expose it by having on camera attempts to force information from them.

I would have a reporter in front of the Osceola County Sheriffs office saying that it has been 2, 4, or6 years since these murders were committed, and the Sheriff will not release any information about the investigation, or lack of investigation.
curious

Traverse City, MI

#7 Feb 8, 2010
Mr. Seales, what gives you the right to post news online? I can understand conversation, but you are now spreading your beliefs onto others, which are not facts. I suggest you spend a little less time in the coffee shop, and some more on morals. Do you think Mr. Beebes family would like the fact that you're pointing fingers? obviously if it were that easy they would have solved this case. You obviously like the attention you get by being a self proclaimed know it all, and I will pray for you.

“ JUSTICE for DERRICK”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#8 Feb 9, 2010
Irate wrote:
I have lived in the Marion area for almost 10 years now. I would definitely agree that the police and/or media just don’t plain do their job. I am not speaking about all of them, but you know the old adage: One bad apple…
I have heard rumor that in both the “Beating” and in the Beebe case, that evidence had been misappropriated by Osceola’s Finest and therefore inadmissible in court. Something has to be done here! People of our community need to be outraged, contact the media, and vote these civil servants out of there.
I have also heard the same stories regarding the Bergey case in Wexford County. The police, as previously stated, know pretty much what happened and who did it but, as to this date, nothing yet.
I am aware of the problems in our system, and understand that “Things” do happen, and how the investigator’s hands are often tied. Further more, I do understand that a “Solid Case” is of necessity before it can be brought to the judicial system, but I’m seeing a pattern here and I don’t like it. The lack of accountability doesn’t end there either. One has to look n further than our illustrious school system.
People this problem is OURS. We need to hold these servants accountable for what they do (or don’t). These people work for us, and ought not let them forget it either! If you have a problem with them, complain like hell to all forms of the media, and vote their collective asses out of there.
I agree with you on that, But we also have to remember that this type of stuff is happening all over the state. Some counties have great Detectives and then you have counties that have poor Defective's (and wonder how they got their job). Look at the UP...

“ JUSTICE for DERRICK”

Location hidden

#9 Feb 9, 2010
curious wrote:
Mr. Seales, what gives you the right to post news online? I can understand conversation, but you are now spreading your beliefs onto others, which are not facts. I suggest you spend a little less time in the coffee shop, and some more on morals. Do you think Mr. Beebes family would like the fact that you're pointing fingers? obviously if it were that easy they would have solved this case. You obviously like the attention you get by being a self proclaimed know it all, and I will pray for you.
Curious, pay real close attention to whats going on in Grayling. it isn't out yet but soon will be...and as far as reporting news on line?? well he falls under that lovely FREEDOM of SPEACH.And this is a public site.But we will see how the media handle this up and coming issue in Grayling, involving their up standing police force...hahahahaha...
curious

Traverse City, MI

#10 Feb 15, 2010
I am from Marion, and I have lived here my entire life. I'm not sure why it says I'm from Grayling. All I'm saying is that opinions are opinions, and I don't think people should be commenting on every damn little article about Marion as if they know the FACTS about what happened. I know these people too, some are bad apples, others good who just mess up. But that is MY opinion, and I don't plan to preach it onto others.

“ JUSTICE for DERRICK”

Location hidden

#11 Feb 16, 2010
Thats fine Curious, But just as you have your opinion so does every one else, and it seems that the person above feels that the Osceola County Sheriff's department isn't doing their job..which could be very well true, who knows.I do know of a young gentleman from Marion that had everything going for him, until he had a run in with Osceola's finest, You know they never let up on that young man till they was able to put him in prison for a very long time.I know of 3 or 4 incidents where people was pulled over and one of their Deputies searched the car and found empty beer/wine cooler bottles and that Deputy breathalyzed those bottles and then ticketed these people for transporting open intox.And the bottles where empty.then these people not only have this on their driving record but they also loose their driving privilege for 30 to 90 days do to the incident.It is very unfortunate that we the people have to put up with the problem of the media not covering certain case's while they cover others.But the media is only covering what certain counties allow them to cover, so if there is something in Osceola county that isn't being covered then find a TV station that will cover it.Or fine a news paper that is willing to cover it. unless you get out there and make this problem well known no one is ever gonna get the right coverage.And when I say that Media coverage for any type of crime lays in the hands of the prosecutor as well as the police and if they don't want the case to have no coverage they wont allow it. trust me on this one...
JMO
Anonymouse

Grand Rapids, MI

#12 Feb 16, 2010
Just Me 48632 wrote:
Thats fine Curious, But just as you have your opinion so does every one else, and it seems that the person above feels that the Osceola County Sheriff's department isn't doing their job..which could be very well true, who knows.I do know of a young gentleman from Marion that had everything going for him, until he had a run in with Osceola's finest, You know they never let up on that young man till they was able to put him in prison for a very long time.I know of 3 or 4 incidents where people was pulled over and one of their Deputies searched the car and found empty beer/wine cooler bottles and that Deputy breathalyzed those bottles and then ticketed these people for transporting open intox.And the bottles where empty.then these people not only have this on their driving record but they also loose their driving privilege for 30 to 90 days do to the incident.It is very unfortunate that we the people have to put up with the problem of the media not covering certain case's while they cover others.But the media is only covering what certain counties allow them to cover, so if there is something in Osceola county that isn't being covered then find a TV station that will cover it.Or fine a news paper that is willing to cover it. unless you get out there and make this problem well known no one is ever gonna get the right coverage.And when I say that Media coverage for any type of crime lays in the hands of the prosecutor as well as the police and if they don't want the case to have no coverage they wont allow it. trust me on this one...
JMO
I totally agree The "Beebe" case should have been solved by now i was with the someone from that family and to see them tore apart like that and trying their hardest to find out what happen. Hell its a shame that the Osceola Sherrifs department doesnt work harder. I think They'res people around this damn town that know what happen and wont speak up. Somebody knows just because there was one person in the house with him when it happend doesnt mean shit. It was planned it had to of been somebody knows something why wont anybody speak up?
snake

Flint, MI

#13 Mar 2, 2010
Well guess what pepole, i was there, all i have to say about that is, welcome to osceola co. Most counties are currupt is some way shap or form. To you hillbillies you may ask yourself "well how does he know" and i will anwser with this, i was at the alberts house and took one royal ass beating, And ive delt with the probation department. The trick is, get some dirt on a punk officer or detective and run it, private detectives work well ask T.J., anyway dont give them a reason. if they over step "snap off" on em. Its bad when the cops are is shisty as the punks that go around hitting people with weapons, and they are getting away with this still. I just wish i could get my hands on those sissy ass punks without going to jail, just to get my own justice, but ya better beleive my case wouldnt be dropped. Bottom line is this if you have a problem with this content, i think by now you know what you can do..
NICE

Flint, MI

#14 Mar 6, 2010
I know snake kind of,well ive heard what hes about. Good luck boys...The case is closed i believe. It sounds like the cops dont really care how things get handled up there.
curious

Traverse City, MI

#15 Mar 6, 2010
Very well said Snake. TJ needs his ass whipped and we all know that...I hate that little punk. However it's all about who you know and who you blow in this town...always has been. As far as Nick's case, I know the family, and it breaks my heart to watch them go through all of this. They should have solved it by now. And as someone else said, SOMEONE KNOWS SOMETHING and yet they are too afraid to speak up. I think whoever it is should realize that he was a brother, son and friend, and they owe it to Nick to get justice on the asshole who killed him. Once again, I don't care what people say, I never have, but don't sit on here and act like your opinion is a fact. I know what happened to Snake and Josh, and how that case got dropped is beyond me. I wish you could get ahold of them too, they deserve it, and I know alot of people who would help you!
yooper

United States

#16 Feb 15, 2011
curious wrote:
Very well said Snake. TJ needs his ass whipped and we all know that...I hate that little punk. However it's all about who you know and who you blow in this town...always has been. As far as Nick's case, I know the family, and it breaks my heart to watch them go through all of this. They should have solved it by now. And as someone else said, SOMEONE KNOWS SOMETHING and yet they are too afraid to speak up. I think whoever it is should realize that he was a brother, son and friend, and they owe it to Nick to get justice on the asshole who killed him. Once again, I don't care what people say, I never have, but don't sit on here and act like your opinion is a fact. I know what happened to Snake and Josh, and how that case got dropped is beyond me. I wish you could get ahold of them too, they deserve it, and I know alot of people who would help you!
Curious, If people like me don't speak out, nothing will change. I'm glad to see I am not alone. Maybe I was wrong with some facts that I got from Beebe family members who were also wrong. If the authorities would release information, we would not have to get wrong info in the coffee shop. As far as hurting the Beebe family, A close relative of Nick gave me most of my information.
carston

United States

#17 Sep 29, 2012
curious wrote:
The constitution. Read it.

Who are you going to pray to? Let me know what the person says in his or her's answer.

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#18 Feb 21, 2013
snake wrote:
Well guess what pepole, i was there, all i have to say about that is, welcome to osceola co. Most counties are currupt is some way shap or form. To you hillbillies you may ask yourself "well how does he know" and i will anwser with this, i was at the alberts house and took one royal ass beating, And ive delt with the probation department. The trick is, get some dirt on a punk officer or detective and run it, private detectives work well ask T.J., anyway dont give them a reason. if they over step "snap off" on em. Its bad when the cops are is shisty as the punks that go around hitting people with weapons, and they are getting away with this still. I just wish i could get my hands on those sissy ass punks without going to jail, just to get my own justice, but ya better beleive my case wouldnt be dropped. Bottom line is this if you have a problem with this content, i think by now you know what you can do..
Snake went there looking to cause trouble, but instead got his whimpy ass kicked. I've known Jake B forever and he got just what he went looking for. He is a thief a liar and a druggie and if he keeps living his life the way he is, he'll get exactly what he has dished out for years.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buckley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New to the area May '15 Newbie 1
News 'Drunk Dialing' 911 More Than 100 Times Finally... Feb '15 Steve 1
Review: Canine Clippers Mobile Dog Grooming (Dec '14) Dec '14 Anonymous 1
News Hall accepted into Interlochen school (Nov '14) Nov '14 neil Young 1
Internet providers in the area? (Oct '14) Oct '14 Tonkas Mom 1
divorced (Sep '14) Sep '14 unknown 1
News State Police searching for shooting suspect in ... (Aug '14) Aug '14 Penny 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Buckley Mortgages