Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 70,617
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#75336 Jul 18, 2014
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you love Muslims?
Do you love Palestinians?
Please answer TRUTHFULLY. Tell me your views about Muslims and Palestinians.
I try to see people as people. Their religion or ethnicity is irrelevant, really.

Love your neighbor as yourself

By the way, Jewish culture has more in common with Islamic culture than Christian culture. But that goes without saying...

Location hidden

#75337 Jul 18, 2014
HughBe wrote:
Frijoles---Is the US on a perverted path?
HUghBe--- YES. They are on the path to becoming like Sodom and Gomorrah. YOU know what God did to those cities. A word to the otherwise.
Frijoles----This is the first I have heard of this.
HughBe--- That is why I am here, to educate and to enlighten you.
Frijoles---Jamaica, on the other hand is probably perfect. They beat up their gay populations perfectly.
HughBe--- I would rather be beaten up than to be BURNT up from FIRE from heaven. How about you?
You have a dim view of my country. Might it be colored by your ideology?

Fire and brimstone is not my worry.
Eric

Aurora, IL

#75338 Jul 18, 2014
HughBe wrote:
Eric---There wasn't a constitution in 1779. Constitution was ADOPTED in 1789.
HughBe---- Your ADOPTED is noted and UNDERSTOOD by me. How about you, do you understand the word? Now does adopted on 1789 mean that it was not drafted in 1756? NO.
That aside I KNOW when the draft started.
A key question, are you suggesting that Jefferson was CONVERTED to your side in under 10 years from writing the law? Recall my quote, "Jefferson in 1779 " wrote a law in VIRGINIA which contained a PUNISHMENT of CASTRATION for men who engage in SODOMY"
Also and MOST importantly, since the US Constitution upheld HOMOSEXUALITY tell me why it REMAINED ILLEGAL in Virginia for over 200 years and to compound matters is the fact that the man who wrote the law for the state became PRESIDENT.
Did Jefferson, a LAWYER, know that his law in Virginia was UNCONSTITUTIONAL when he became PRESIDENT.
If yes, it means that your presidents are not HONEST or HONOURABLE men. Such a thought is frightening because people in general were far more HONOURABLE then than they are now even if they were misguided by nasty self-serving sons of creatures.
1. One of the provisions that the Supreme Court relied upon wasn't part of the Constitution during Jefferson's tenure in office.

2. The Constitutionality of a statute is only decided when someone challenges it.

3. It's all a red herring. What the Supreme Court says is the law. At the time of your statement that homosexuality is illegal in most states, the Court had ruled on the subject. Therefore, you were wrong. Second you were wrong because most states didn't have such a law.
Eric

Aurora, IL

#75339 Jul 18, 2014
HughBe wrote:
Eric---Oh, and talking about Jefferson, Jefferson had slaves. Jefferson had slaves that he was fornicating with.
HughBe---- Given that we are talking about SODOMY or homosexuality I take it that YOUR point is that Jefferson's fornication consisted of SODOMIZING his slaves.
Fornication is just as immoral as everything that you complain of. Your scriptures speak out against such conduct.
Eric

Aurora, IL

#75340 Jul 18, 2014
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you love Muslims?
Do you love Palestinians?
Please answer TRUTHFULLY. Tell me your views about Muslims and Palestinians.
I'll answer that. I have close friends who are Palestinians and Pakistani. The relationship started as business and progressed to close friendship. I have attended their life cycle events and they have attended mine. We discuss religion all the time. But, when we do we focus on similarities. It's remarkable how many similarities there are.

At one Pakistani wedding, I had a long talk with the Imam while waiting for the wedding to start. We discussed how similar some of the wedding traditions were. I also found out that just like everything Jewish starts late, so does everything Pakistani. Invitation said 7pm. Wedding started at 9:30.

Location hidden

#75341 Jul 18, 2014
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll answer that. I have close friends who are Palestinians and Pakistani. The relationship started as business and progressed to close friendship. I have attended their life cycle events and they have attended mine. We discuss religion all the time. But, when we do we focus on similarities. It's remarkable how many similarities there are.
At one Pakistani wedding, I had a long talk with the Imam while waiting for the wedding to start. We discussed how similar some of the wedding traditions were. I also found out that just like everything Jewish starts late, so does everything Pakistani. Invitation said 7pm. Wedding started at 9:30.
I hate to say it but it is probably a waste to answer in great detail as he will just use it as a pivot for some silly idea

But for the record, my BEST friend in grad school was Palestinian. Later, he invited me to southern Lebanon for his wedding - said as a guest of honor he could guarantee my security. I didnt take him up on that. Sadly he ran into greencard issues right before 911. Bad timing.

Eric

Aurora, IL

#75342 Jul 18, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I hate to say it but it is probably a waste to answer in great detail as he will just use it as a pivot for some silly idea
I come to the understanding that the only actual response is to disregard his red herrings.
Eric

Aurora, IL

#75343 Jul 18, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
try again - I was forbidden!
Funny, I have no problem. Try this. It's almost the same. Was going for the devious facial expression.

http://disneycartoonsfree.net/abu-wallpaper/

Location hidden

#75344 Jul 18, 2014
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>Funny, I have no problem. Try this. It's almost the same. Was going for the devious facial expression.
http://disneycartoonsfree.net/abu-wallpaper/
Why would you want to make a hero out of him?

but then again, maybe for Joel a good role model to aspire to

“Act Interdimensional ly”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#75345 Jul 18, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>...my BEST friend in grad school was Palestinian...
'I have Palestinian friends'. Where have we heard that before?
Eric

Aurora, IL

#75346 Jul 18, 2014
Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>
Some of my best friends are Palestinians

Location hidden

#75347 Jul 18, 2014
Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>
Had not have, and more to the point: I had a friend who is Palestinian.

You heard it from me.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

#75348 Jul 18, 2014
Eric wrote:
<quoted text>1. One of the provisions that the Supreme Court relied upon wasn't part of the Constitution during Jefferson's tenure in office.
2. The Constitutionality of a statute is only decided when someone challenges it.
3. It's all a red herring. What the Supreme Court says is the law. At the time of your statement that homosexuality is illegal in most states, the Court had ruled on the subject. Therefore, you were wrong. Second you were wrong because most states didn't have such a law.
Eric---"homosexuality is legal in EACH and EVERY state".

HughBe--- Another example that supports my position and that shows that you talk too much BS comes next.

"Colorado's Supreme Court on Friday ordered Denver's clerk to STOP issuing marriage licenses to gay couples while while the state's ban against the unions remains in place."

http://news.yahoo.com/top-colorado-court-halt...

Eric---The Constitutionality of a statute is only decided when someone CHALLENGES it.

HughBe--- Did Jefferson, the principal author of the Declaration of Independence, LAWYER and PRESIDENT know that CASTRATING people like YOU for SODOMY was unconstitutional given that sodomy was supported by the constitution?

Tell me why members of your community did not CHALLENGE the constitutionality of being CASTRATED for SODOMY given that sodomy was NOT against the Constitution?

Did they enjoy being CASTRATED?

YES seems to be the ONLY answer otherwise your people would have CHALLENGED the constitutionality of such actions.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#75349 Jul 19, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

By the way, Jewish culture has more in common with Islamic culture than Christian culture. But that goes without saying...
Incorrect.

A few superficial areas may overlap in Judaism and Islam but there's an ocean of a difference between the most fundamental concepts of Judaism and Islam.

Judaism is a rip off of the neighboring Babylonian cultures of the past, while Islam has retained a few tenets of Judaism albeit in modified form, it has borrowed from Christianity and also draws from Eastern mystical traditions especially Vedanta - why, aside from other minute details, the very word Islam is a modified version of the Sanskrit Ishlayam and Allah is a Vedic god as mentioned in the 10,000 year old or more Atharva Veda..
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#75350 Jul 19, 2014
I was out of India for 3 days and at present am very involved in finalizing an important financial deal. I'll be butting in in a few days. Bye.

Location hidden

#75352 Jul 20, 2014
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Incorrect.
A few superficial areas may overlap in Judaism and Islam but there's an ocean of a difference between the most fundamental concepts of Judaism and Islam.
Judaism is a rip off of the neighboring Babylonian cultures of the past, while Islam has retained a few tenets of Judaism albeit in modified form, it has borrowed from Christianity and also draws from Eastern mystical traditions especially Vedanta - why, aside from other minute details, the very word Islam is a modified version of the Sanskrit Ishlayam and Allah is a Vedic god as mentioned in the 10,000 year old or more Atharva Veda..
Do you know what culture is? it is the alive stuff, not the dead stuff.

What you are referring to is the theology, not the culture.

You need to get out more often.

Location hidden

#75353 Jul 20, 2014
JOEL wrote:
I was out of India for 3 days and at present am very involved in finalizing an important financial deal. I'll be butting in in a few days. Bye.
Low wage employment is better than no employment at all. Go for it.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#75354 Jul 20, 2014
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Incorrect.
What does Ishlayam mean?

Location hidden

#75357 Jul 20, 2014
HughBe wrote:
I have to leave you darlings for now.
Fired for probably stating the obvious - no wonder why Jamaica is still a 3rd world country
----------

KINGSTON, Jamaica The head of Jamaica's most prominent human rights group resigned Sunday amid a lingering controversy over a sex education program that the organization introduced in children's group homes.

Kay Osborne, a former manager of a local TV station who became executive director of Jamaicans for Justice in April, announced the end of her tenure as director of the group Sunday.

In a letter to the board chairwoman of Jamaicans for Justice, Osborne said she was unaware of the sex education program in six children's homes before taking the job as director earlier this year.

The sex education initiative was intended to prevent the spread of HIV in Jamaica. But critics say it was inappropriate for youngsters. It included references to anal sex, which is a crime on the Caribbean island.

The controversy has made headlines in Jamaica for weeks. Board members have stepped down in the fallout, and Jamaicans for Justice has said it did not properly vet the content of the sex education program for young wards of the state.

http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2014/07/20/wo...
Eric

Aurora, IL

#75358 Jul 20, 2014
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Eric---"homosexuality is legal in EACH and EVERY state".
HughBe--- Another example that supports my position and that shows that you talk too much BS comes next.
"Colorado's Supreme Court on Friday ordered Denver's clerk to STOP issuing marriage licenses to gay couples while while the state's ban against the unions remains in place."
http://news.yahoo.com/top-colorado-court-halt...
Eric---The Constitutionality of a statute is only decided when someone CHALLENGES it.
HughBe--- Did Jefferson, the principal author of the Declaration of Independence, LAWYER and PRESIDENT know that CASTRATING people like YOU for SODOMY was unconstitutional given that sodomy was supported by the constitution?
Tell me why members of your community did not CHALLENGE the constitutionality of being CASTRATED for SODOMY given that sodomy was NOT against the Constitution?
Did they enjoy being CASTRATED?
YES seems to be the ONLY answer otherwise your people would have CHALLENGED the constitutionality of such actions.
Diversions, diversions, diversions.

The answer is that YOU were wrong when you said that homosexuality is illegal in most US states.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buckhorn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Grant Co.---rotten corner of NM (Sep '11) Nov 21 savant 40
Their view: No clear gain in dispute over Falkl... (Mar '10) Nov 7 Realist 615
Hearing set for teen who allegedly shot father ... (Jan '11) Oct 29 Circe 6
Mimbres area Oct '14 Wherda 2
Grant County Corruption (Apr '10) Oct '14 silly12 6
A Possible Situation? Oct '14 yankeedudell 3
wow! (Sep '13) Sep '13 Ayako Voisin 1
Buckhorn Dating
Find my Match

Buckhorn People Search