Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 71,225
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story
former res

Cheshire, CT

#69974 Mar 23, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you soil your bed again?
Its ok, someday when you get big and grown up, you can give away the rubber sheets.
He certainly is immature. That comes across loud and clear.

I would put his discourse at around the 8th grade level.

And clearly a latent if not an active homo.

Not that there's anything wrong with that per se.

Since: Jan 14

Location hidden

#69976 Mar 23, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

Did you soil your bed again?

Its ok, someday when you get big and grown up, you can give away the rubber sheets.
Yes, papa.

Location hidden

#69978 Mar 23, 2014
DID JESUS THINK HE WAS G-D?

I will show you why Jesus thought he was God incarnate and remember there's no difference between an incarnation and the principle that has incarnated .

All reasonings to the contrary are cosmetic dressing.

To understand Jesus' teachings, one has to understand monism, specially of the Vedantic kind since many of Jesus' key teachings are lifted from the Vedanta, and then it becomes clear that he saw himself as an avatar or as an incarnation of the divine principle (G-d).

Later. I have a meeting with the wealth creation manager of ICICI.

“SATYAMEV JAYATE-TRUTH WINS ”

Since: Mar 14

JUBAIL, KSA

#69979 Mar 23, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
DID JESUS THINK HE WAS G-D?
Are you under assumption that Prophet of God are mad?

Only an idiot can imagine that he is the one who Created this whole Universe!!

It is people who turn prophets of God into god.!!

Location hidden

#69980 Mar 24, 2014
MUQ1 wrote:
<quoted text>

Are you under assumption that Prophet of God are mad?

Only an idiot can imagine that he is the one who Created this whole Universe!!

It is people who turn prophets of God into god.!!
It is you who have a lot to learn.

Study some monism/nondualism and then come back for the debate.

BTW, you were supposed to outline for me the mechanism of creation from nothing and you were told to provide me with at least 1 or 2 examples of creation ex nihilo from nature/life.

Go back to Grade 1 - that's the level of your intelligence.

Location hidden

#69981 Mar 24, 2014
Both mysticism and science talk of nondualism as the underlying reality. By nondualism is mean perfect oneness of the source with its manifestation. Due to the identity of the source with its manifestation, non-dualism/monism can also be thought of as the One (source) manifesting as the multiplicity (universe). At no stage does nondualism violate the essential principles of conservation and causality. In fact, conservation and causality are the basis of nondualism.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#69982 Mar 24, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
Both mysticism and science talk of nondualism as the underlying reality. By nondualism is mean perfect oneness of the source with its manifestation. Due to the identity of the source with its manifestation, non-dualism/monism can also be thought of as the One (source) manifesting as the multiplicity (universe). At no stage does nondualism violate the essential principles of conservation and causality. In fact, conservation and causality are the basis of nondualism.
studying Hasidism as usual, I see.

Kol hakavod!

Location hidden

#69983 Mar 24, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>

studying Hasidism as usual, I see.
All streams of mysticism, whether ancient like Vedanta, Chaldean Kaballah, or Buddhism or more recent like Sufism or Hasidism, have arrived at the same monistic conclusion - there's no I or Thou in the highest experiential state but just one reality which can be accessed via the human consciousness through mystical experience since everything has originated from the one source.

Yes, unity underlies all diversity and so the very idea of G-d is ridiculous when viewed from the nondual perspective.

On experiencing the highest nondual state, the monist, after descending from the trance, says, I am that, I am the absolute, or I am the Godhead.

Location hidden

#69984 Mar 24, 2014
HOLON

A holon is something that is simultaneously a whole and a part.

The holon is the pattern that every aspect of nature is based on.

The universe in all its myriad aspects is derived from a single source or in other words the source has manifested itself as the universe and so every aspect of the multiplicity is pregnant with the essence of the whole.

A cell, an atom, a string and a grain are each in the essence the whole though on the surface the singular entity may be limited by its material form and the concomitant consciousness it manifests but within where the entity is connected via lines of force to the entire web of universal existence leading right to the source it is always the whole and has at its background the power, consciousness and expanse of the whole.

Science will never be capable of producing from scratch a single sentient cell or a single atom from the materials of nature since to manufacture any one of these entities would need the power, consciousness and expanse of the whole universe.

So, the bottom to top approach that science adopts is limited, narrow, superficial and fraught with failure as it approaches the more fundamental aspects of nature.

Location hidden

#69985 Mar 24, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>
All streams of mysticism, whether ancient like Vedanta, Chaldean Kaballah, or Buddhism or more recent like Sufism or Hasidism, have arrived at the same monistic conclusion - there's no I or Thou in the highest experiential state but just one reality which can be accessed via the human consciousness through mystical experience since everything has originated from the one source.
I will take that as an agreement with my previous post. I will remind you of that next time you say willfully something incorrect about the Jewish religion.
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, unity underlies all diversity and so the very idea of G-d is ridiculous when viewed from the nondual perspective.
A true seeker would never ridicule others belief system, especially when it has a practical basis. This is how we know you are likely a poser and not the real deal. Though I suppose having crappy spiritual "teachers" didnt help you either.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#69986 Mar 24, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
http://www.salon.com/2014/03/2 3/did_jesus_think_he_was_god_n ew_insights_on_jesus_own_self_ image/
Did Jesus think he was God? New insights on Jesus own self-image
The book Zealot... Goes into greater detail on this topic. Short answer: No.

Location hidden

#69987 Mar 24, 2014
TRADITIONAL JUDAISM

Traditional Judaism of the Torah is flawed since it is based on the error of dualism that seeks to separate cause from effect as if such a thing is ever possible.

The idea of a creator G-d is patently false since this creature is uncausally separate from his creation that he supposedly manufactured from nothing and he which he supposedly rules like a tyrant favoring those who he calls his people and abusing those who worship other gods (his rivals).

In the highest state of cosmic existence, the effect is nothing else but the cause in manifestation.

Nondualism, in which there's no G-d or universe in separation from each other, is at the root of the whole of cosmic existence

Location hidden

#69988 Mar 24, 2014
DID JESUS CONSIDER HIMSELF G-D? YES !!!

If we analyze the sayings of Jesus in the NT, it is clear that Jesus was speaking from a nondual state of consciousness when he declared his oneness with his G-d in the following words:

1) "He who has seen the Son has seen the Father...",

2) "I and my Father are one..."

Besides, the fact that Jesus taught nondualism, unlike the Hebrew patriarchs, is evident from these mystical teachings of his:

a) "The kingdom of heaven is within you..."

b) "Be ye as perfect as thy heavenly father..."

c) "When thine eyes are single thy body is filled with light..."

Location hidden

#69989 Mar 24, 2014
3 STAGES

Every advanced mystic teaches the following 3 stages:

1) DUALISM (meant for the ignorant people, the commoners)- Dualism preaches an eternal divide between some G-d and his creation which he supposedly created from nothing but over which he somehow rules over despite the absence of a causal link.

2) QUALIFIED NONDUALISM (meant for a higher audience having better intellectual faculties)- Qualified nondualism seeks to establish a tenuous causal link among the diversity of entities we see in nature.

3) NONDUALISM (meant for the intellectual elite)- Nondualism throws away the lower 2 stages and boldly announces that in the essence there's no divide between the cause and its effect with the effect simply being viewed as the cause itself in manifestation.

NOTE: Among the Semites, only Jesus taught all these 3 essential stages of mysticism as listed above, while Abraham, Moses, and Muhammad remained stuck on the lowest stage which is dualism. Dualism is a flawed model since it seeks to separate the cause from its effects and thus as a natural consequence it leads to the erroneous idea of creation ex nihilo, tribalism and fanaticism.

Location hidden

#69990 Mar 24, 2014
Going to play squash and then for a snack and to chill for a while in the Sea Lounge in the Taj. Bye.

Location hidden

#69991 Mar 24, 2014
JOEL COOL DUDE wrote:
TRADITIONAL JUDAISM
Traditional Judaism of the Torah is flawed since it is based on the error of dualism that seeks to separate cause from effect as if such a thing is ever possible.
The idea of a creator G-d is patently false since this creature is uncausally separate from his creation that he supposedly manufactured from nothing and he which he supposedly rules like a tyrant favoring those who he calls his people and abusing those who worship other gods (his rivals).
In the highest state of cosmic existence, the effect is nothing else but the cause in manifestation.
Nondualism, in which there's no G-d or universe in separation from each other, is at the root of the whole of cosmic existence
Who are you to label what in Judaism is considered "traditional"? The theological roots of Hasidism go back at least 2000 years. Sounds pretty traditional to me.

Location hidden

#69992 Mar 24, 2014
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>
The book Zealot... Goes into greater detail on this topic. Short answer: No.
I admit I only scanned the article I posted, but one of the insights I gleaned from it was the argument that Jesus purposely promoted himself as a human savior from bad things, and king (consistent with the literal translation of the Hebrew term mossiach - "one who saves") in an effort to increase his influence and powerbase. And ultimately he was a victim of his own success, when he was no longer able to manage his reputation in scale, posthumously.

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#69993 Mar 24, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Who are you to label what in Judaism is considered "traditional"? The theological roots of Hasidism go back at least 2000 years. Sounds pretty traditional to me.
Seems to me he missed out on Free Will

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#69994 Mar 24, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
I admit I only scanned the article I posted, but one of the insights I gleaned from it was the argument that Jesus purposely promoted himself as a human savior from bad things, and king (consistent with the literal translation of the Hebrew term mossiach - "one who saves") in an effort to increase his influence and powerbase. And ultimately he was a victim of his own success, when he was no longer able to manage his reputation in scale, posthumously.
Moshiach means 'anointed one' as in Kings or priests.

When Moshiach was translated into the Greek..Moshiach became Christos or Messiah.

Christos is the basis for Christianity and has no similar basis in Judaism.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#69995 Mar 24, 2014
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
The historical Jesus (assuming someone who fits his description really existed) is just one of many self-proclaimed "mossiachs". They were a dime a dozen during his time period. Most of them were rebels, fighting for liberation from Roman occupation, and most of them ended up with the same fate (crucified by the Romans for sedition). Many of the "mossiachs" also made enemies of the Jewish priestly class who they saw as corrupt. This made Jesus a man with many enemies and few allies other than the oppressed peasants he preached to. Unfortunately, they wielded little power. And, as is often the case, the legend is bigger than the man.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buckhorn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do you have VERIZON and you didn't have service... Dec 13 yankeedudell 2
Experience Victorian Christmas tonight at Silve... (Dec '09) Dec 9 billie 4
Dr. Twana Sparks (Dec '09) Dec 9 MSGT Don 49
* the Silver City Daily Press * Dec 9 billie 1
Getting into the spirit of Christmas, a look at... Dec 9 billie 1
Grant Co.---rotten corner of NM (Sep '11) Dec 7 Insect Trust 44
wow! (Sep '13) Sep '13 Ayako Voisin 1
Buckhorn Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web