Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday

Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family.

Comments (Page 2,798)

Showing posts 55,941 - 55,960 of68,160
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
Kohanim are the priests who officiated over sacrifices but these days they're connected with aliyah or first reading of the Torah in beyt knessets or synagogues.
Rabbi has shades of meanings and has evolved over time. Roughly, it is a teacher of Torah.
You're killing me.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Liam R wrote:
<quoted text>
Um, shouldn't that be "FROM Mr. Hyde"? After all, it was Dr. Jekyll that invented the serum that manifested Edward Hyde...
yeah, it did occur to me after I typed this, that I might of screwed up the narrative. Thanks.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
HughBe--- The American born Frijoles believes otherwise. He challenged my point that they were like Jamaicans i.e. religious and not SECULAR.
Frijoles---not even the point I was making
HughBe--- You have a challenge focusing as that was the point that I was making. I was talking about being religious as opposed to being secular. So, I spoke about Jamaicans and then said that Americans were in my opinion like Jamaicans. I went on to talk about Egypt etc as examples of peoples who are religious more than secular.
Finally, I found it interesting that of all the RACES on the earth the least RELIGIOUS in my opinion based on guesswork would be the Jewish people and yet they are the ones who are called ethno-RELIGIOUS.
Memory tells me that approximately 50% of the Jewish people call themselves SECULAR and these are the people which are described as ethno-religious. Is it comedy hour?
What is clear to me is that the Jewish people are UNDENIABLY an ETHNIC group meaning RACE. The emphasis on GENEALOGY speaks for itself to the honest.
Beg to differ. You keep going off on that tangent rant - a hijacking of sorts - but the rant I was primarily focusing on from the beginning was your jihad against the rabbis. My point is you have never acknowledged meeting in person ANY MEMBER of this population you take issue to. Thus your entire viewpoint is theoretical. Hence my oft repeated comment that you are tilting at windows (Do they read Don Quijote in Jamaica?)

But to humor you I may reply to your tangent in my next post.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

LOl - spellcheck error

Tilting at WINDMILLS

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>

HughBe--- You have a challenge focusing as that was the point that I was making. I was talking about being religious as opposed to being secular. So, I spoke about Jamaicans and then said that Americans were in my opinion like Jamaicans. I went on to talk about Egypt etc as examples of peoples who are religious more than secular.
We differ in our definition of religious. The notion of religiousity that you use is rooted in Christianity. Simply put, it is less appropriate when discussing Judaism. In Judaism, the meaningful poles of division are between observance and nonobservance, and belief in God really does not correlate with either of those poles. In fact, these arent really even divisions, most Jews are somewhere in between the two poles, making the word secular totally besides the point.

As of Jamaica, that country has totally different cultural history and I doubt that the societies are all that similar to the US in weltanschauung (Do they teach anthropology in Jamaica?).
HughBe wrote:
<quoted text>
Finally, I found it interesting that of all the RACES on the earth the least RELIGIOUS in my opinion based on guesswork would be the Jewish people and yet they are the ones who are called ethno-RELIGIOUS.
Memory tells me that approximately 50% of the Jewish people call themselves SECULAR and these are the people which are described as ethno-religious. Is it comedy hour?
What is clear to me is that the Jewish people are UNDENIABLY an ETHNIC group meaning RACE. The emphasis on GENEALOGY speaks for itself to the honest.
Doofus, you have (RE)discovered the part of the ETHNIC label in Ethno-religious. Do you feel like a genius now?

Since: May 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Judged:

The Bollywood Sufi-rock song "Ya Ali" from the Bollywood movie Gangster rocks, it really rocks.

Great beats.

Must watch.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Judged:

Ya Ali is truly an AWESOME Bollywood song. Must watch.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Misbah Ali on vocals in the super hit Sufi-rock song Ya Ali has such a racy mesmerizing voice. Great song. Kudos to Bollywood.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Opps Zubeen Garg on vocals.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Science deals with the gross material and knows nothing or very little about the psychological side of existence, while the yogis mostly deal with the psychological aspect and its impact on matter but they usually leave out the details of matter though the play of the particles and waves are visible to the yogic vision. Just a handful of yogis go about describing the intricacies of matter but this too they narrate in the framework of the mind-matter matrix since once a person rises in consciousness and is exposed to the direct experiences then matter is seen as an extension of consciousness-energy and not the originator of consciousness.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

ENDING THE CONUNDRUM:

1) The lame argument offered by rationalists to prove the physical origin of consciousness is that if even a part of the brain is impaired the mind which they aver is thus neuronal activity stops functioning or that if a certain class of chemicals is injected into the blood then the brain functions get altered thereby proving that consciousness is a product of matter.

2) Leaving aside the non-quantifiable nature of consciousness and the failure of isolating it from matter, what these rationalists fail to understand is that consciousness is not independent of energy/matter - an erroneous view perpetuated by many mystics who fail to understand that consciousness cannot exist independent of energy/matter since consciousness is not substance and so it would not only need substance in the form of energy/matter to exist but that also without the supporting energy consciousness would be incapable of doing work characteristic to it.

3) Existence needs substance no matter how gross or how rarefied and work of any kind - material or psychological - needs energy.

4) If one understands via logic and direct experience that consciousness is as much an innate part of energy/matter as say wave and particle properties then all arguments end and we begin to view energy/matter as conscious.

5) Any form of activity implies the existence of energy at work and sentience, order, disorder and purpose indicate the innate presence of consciousness in energy.

6) So, if a part of the brain is damaged or if it happens to die out neuron by neuron or if mind altering drugs are injected into the blood stream then naturally since energy/matter is conscious thus the brain and behavior as the case may be are bound to get affected.

7) However, there exist various frequencies of vibration of this field of conscious energy and many of these higher states that're characterized by higher frequencies of vibration lie outside the human body in force dimensions suited to the grade of vibration of the particular aspect of conscious energy field.

8) So, there's no dichotomy or contradiction involved if brain/mind functioning is impaired by brain damage or if brain function is altered as visible behavior change on injecting certain chemicals into the blood stream.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you mean by "free will? Does such a thing exist?
rabbee: the ability to operate, in a mental fantasy mode.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
Grow up and stop siding with perverts.
rabbee: but nobody here, is siding with you joel.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
But they are not priests. They are legal scholars. Do you understand the difference?
rabbee: saying they are legal, opens up the possibility of illegality. for laws derived from, religions are called idolatry. whereas laws derived, from G-D are not.

any attempt to alter, TheLaw or TheWord of G-D involves idolatry. since it results in delusional lying, in all ways not true to G-D in TheTorah. so joel's religion, can be just as religiously scary as any other idolatry.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

Frijoles wrote:
LOl - spellcheck error
Tilting at WINDMILLS
Greetings dear.

I note that you have mentioned WINDMILLS above and the truth is I think that by now WE all know that you have 2 MILLS that produce FOUL wind.

The first MILL is the one where a brain ought to have been and it produces a preponderance of foul wind, as is evidenced by things said by you.

The second MILL is located below your navel and that too produces the poisonous and stifling wind that others have to endure.

A cleansing of being is needed.

Much love, Mon.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
You're an unintelligent fanatic.
Grow up.
rabbee: now that is a petty pathetic and hypocritical accusation, just because someone rejects your hypercritical religious ministry. as you place yourself, in your own haughty high priest place looking down on everyone else. as if all theirs is the only false religion, with your false religion of free will fantasy also.

yet you cannot show me, any religion on earth including yours. that does not involve at least some fanaticizing, if not all fantasy.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

HughBe wrote:
Dear Frijoles, I am still waiting for ONE example of my rantings against "ORTHODOX Jews" or more correctly stated ORTHODOX Judahites."
rabbee: just because someone calls themselves orthodox, conservative, messianic or reform, does not mean they really are true to G-D here in TheTorah.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
What is this nonsense that you have typed, Mon?
HughBe--- Who appointed the rabbis to mentally ENSLAVE and to TREAT the Jewish people inhumanely?

Joel---What is this nonsense that you have typed, Mon?

Hugh--- In your enlightened mind, do you think it is KIND or humane to STRIP people of their IDENTITY because they do not comply with your wishes?

Jews who believe that Jesus is the Messiah are regarded as non-Jews and no doubt are treated accordingly by the god-men of Judaism and their blind disciples.

Note, young Frijoles reiterated this view I believe within the past 24 hours.

Normal people regard the approach above as INHUMANE.

Normal people also see and understand that the rabbis have mentally enslaved and misled the Jewish people.

The Jewish people have been stripped of certain basic human and LEGAL rights i.e. FREEDOM of RELIGION which is a fundamental human right. You cannot be a Christian and be a Jew.

I see a VIOLATION of law and rights.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: just because someone calls themselves orthodox, conservative, messianic or reform, does not mean they really are true to G-D here in TheTorah.
Correct. We have examples here.
HughBe

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 7, 2013

JOEL THUMBS UP wrote:
<quoted text>
Kohanim are the priests who officiated over sacrifices but these days they're connected with aliyah or first reading of the Torah in beyt knessets or synagogues.
Rabbi has shades of meanings and has evolved over time. Roughly, it is a teacher of Torah.
Give me the different shades

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 55,941 - 55,960 of68,160
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Buckhorn Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Buckhorn People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••