Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel

Full story: Newsday 71,117
Safety pins and screws are still lodged in 15-year-old Ami Ortiz's body three months after he opened a booby-trapped gift basket sent to his family. Full Story

“Act Interdimensional ly”

Since: Jan 08

Location hidden

#55410 Jun 24, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Please keep up. This issue has already been handled with Huggybear. Its called evolution of the profession.
If there is a mechanism in place that continuously improves the species through the process of natural selection ...

... explain Topix
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#55411 Jun 24, 2013
Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>
If there is a mechanism in place that continuously improves the species through the process of natural selection ...
... explain Topix
rabbee: oh this one, is got to be worth watching. but i think you kind of got him, on that one.

Location hidden

#55412 Jun 24, 2013
yehoshooah adam wrote:
<quoted text>
rabbee: oh this one, is got to be worth watching. but i think you kind of got him, on that one.
For what it's worth -- I'm a firm believer in the process of evolution. It makes sense that G-d would create a universe where his organisms are able to improve themselves on a molecular level.

G-d works smart, not hard.

It just seems, that in the case of places like Topix, the process G-d implemented at the creation might not be working so well.

Evolution works in mysterious ways.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#55413 Jun 24, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Good observation.
Though I have sat through many a sermon over the Jewish High Holidays (when traditionally these passages are examined) where the speaker discusses how troubled they are over that one.
Myself, I was more troubled by that story BEFORE I became a parent.
LOL...I hear you.
Voluntarist

United States

#55414 Jun 24, 2013
Frijoles wrote:
<quoted text>
Please keep up. This issue has already been handled with Huggybear. Its called evolution of the profession.
A profession of quacks should not be trusted, so i have heard that psychiatrists have extremely high suicide rates, one would expect as much with quacks.
yehoshooah adam

Denver, CO

#55415 Jun 24, 2013
Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>
For what it's worth -- I'm a firm believer in the process of evolution. It makes sense that G-d would create a universe where his organisms are able to improve themselves on a molecular level.
G-d works smart, not hard.
It just seems, that in the case of places like Topix, the process G-d implemented at the creation might not be working so well.
Evolution works in mysterious ways.
rabbee: well i believe in, mental evolution only - for or against G-D. and topix is proof of it, going in the other way.

physical evolution, is just an unproven and improvable myth so far. the attempts at scientific observation of this in a laboratory environment, have all miserably failed to support the myth. yet they teach it as a scientific fact, when it is no where near fact.

and most people forgot that fact, that G-D only loves those who love THEM. and all the rest, can go to non-GanEden hell. and well here we, all are again. no different than the last two times, the whole world and their grandmother all went to hell.

cause there is no way, any of you can convince me. we are, all in GanEden today. and that does not leave, a hell of a lot of other choices left.

Location hidden

#55416 Jun 24, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
A profession of quacks should not be trusted, so i have heard that psychiatrists have extremely high suicide rates, one would expect as much with quacks.
Apparently, so do dentists. Do you also eschew the practice of dental hygiene?

Are you British?
JOEL

New Delhi, India

#55417 Jun 24, 2013
Cult of Reason wrote:
<quoted text>

Well, Abraham set the bar pretty high for obeying "God".
Well, you said that in jest but it's a misleading statement. that can create wrong ideas in the minds of the gullible where this monster called Abraham is concerned.

Abraham lowered the bar with his perverted behavior.

He practiced incest, was a liar, indulged in blood rituals like animal sacrifices and circumcision, was willing to enact a human sacrifice at the behest of his god, served as a pimp and so on.

There's not a single word or action of his that can be called averagely enlightened.

He's a poor role model and will attract perverts into his fold.

Think before you post.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#55418 Jun 24, 2013
IRONY ABOUT GENES:

1) Ironically, the science of genetics that's hailed as an end all and a be all to explain every facet of a living system by scientists is highly incomplete as it offers no clear-cut genetic mechanisms where emotional and psychological traits are concerned.

2) Physical traits can be explained using genes as the causative factors.

3) Logically speaking, the psychological, emotional and physical traits of ancestors via our immediate parents get transmitted into zygote but while physical characteristics can be traced to chemical units called genes no one has any idea about emotional and psychological transferences from parents to offspring.

4) Where are the genes for intelligence, hatred, love, nurturing instinct, sense of responsibility and other sentient traits?

5) Besides, science has no clue regarding the impact of sentient factors like emotional and mental states on matter (body) though emotions/mind states can be altered within limits by drugs and em fields. This is on account of the close interactions between emotional and mental states with matter.

So, we can logically surmise that emotional and psychologicalL traits exceed chemical configurations but are causally linked to the genes as inhering and at times influencing factors in view of the close nexus between mind-matter.

LOL.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#55419 Jun 25, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
[ former res
Not according to mental health professionals.
I tend to hold their opinion on the issue in higher regard than one who speaks in tongues and]
Former, These same type of"mental health professionals" determined that slaves running away from their masters was do to a mental illness, what scientific methods do you think they used to conclude that?
Antiquated ones.
former res

Cheshire, CT

#55420 Jun 25, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Cops also have high rates of substance abuse, divorce, suicide.

Probably more the nature of the job.

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#55421 Jun 25, 2013
Rick Moss wrote:
<quoted text>
... explain Topix
Opiate of the masses

“Legumes of the World Unite ”

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#55422 Jun 25, 2013
Voluntarist wrote:
<quoted text>
Psychiatrists? I thought we were talking about the mental health profession?

A mental health professional is a health care practitioner who offers services for the purpose of improving an individual's mental health or to treat mental illness. This broad category includes psychiatrists (D.O. or M.D.), clinical psychologists (Psy.D or Ph.D.), clinical social workers (MSW or MSSW), psychiatric nurses, mental health counselors, professional counselors, pharmacists, as well as many other professionals. These professionals often deal with the same illnesses, disorders, conditions, and issues; however, their scope of practice differs. The most significant difference between mental health professionals are the laws regarding required education and training across the various professions.[1]https://en.wiki pedia.org/wiki/Mental_health_p rofessional

And what do you have against ducks?
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#55423 Jun 25, 2013
RIDDLE OF COLLECTIVE DEATH:

A) Karma is work done by the consciousness-energy in an individualized system of a living being.

B) Destiny is the effect on the system of the workings of the individualized field of consciousness-energy.

1) Death is brought about by senescence, accidents, poisoning, suicide and undue stress when the body can no longer support the indwelling consciousness and energy fields.

2) What is the reason behind collective death when a number of people die at the same time, in the same place and due to the same cause which say could be an earthquake or an air crash? Neither science nor religion has a logical answer.

3) Obviously, a causative factor based on the law of affinity with its roots in consciousness-energy and karma brings about collective death.

4) Could it be that the force fields of these people who died together in say an air crash vibrated at the same frequency whose effect translated as collective death with others in whose force fields were manifested the same frequency inviting physical destruction and the subsequent disembodiment of their respective indwelling consciousness and energy?

5) Or could it be that one or two individuals of the group set off perverse (destabilizing) vibes that infected the others in the group leading to their collective deaths? While those in the same group of people whose force fields and body were resilient enough survived the accident.

Well, well, well.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#55424 Jun 25, 2013
LOW QUALITY OF AMERICAN GRADS:

FRIJOLES, COR, FORMER, RABBEE and other Americans here can hardly be called intelligent nor do they have a sound grasp on the fundamentals of math/science which is expected with these posters evidently having achieved advanced degrees in scientific disciplines from third rate colleges or universities.

Leaving these born dunces aside, I am always amazed to discover that most American students even from their best universities fail to understand basic concepts in math and science and are mere talkers than problem solvers - using language they try to explain math/science questions but when it comes to pinning down the problem in equations and formula they're at a dead end and even where their verbal explanations are concerned they show a terrible lack of understanding of fundamental concepts accompanied by the supported math.
Most of their professors are the same.

I've met several such low quality American students/profs during my student days at IIT and during trips abroad and am always shocked at their pathetic understanding of key concepts and poor math skills.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#55425 Jun 25, 2013
FRIJOLES & HUGH:

I was always shocked at the pathetic level of knowledge where the fundamentals of science/math are concerned when debating Frijoles.

Frijoles may have a phd in science from some third rate US college where the academic standards are inferior but I expected a certain minimum level of understanding from him where the basic concepts with supporting math in chem, physics or math are concerned.
He has none.

I was and am still shocked to discover that he has not the scientific and math skills of a high schooler!

My friends too were shocked to read his pathetic posts in chemistry and would laugh to see him fumbling with the most ordinary concepts and calculations.

He claims to be working in a scientific field but look at his poor level of knowledge.

It's a shame

So, that idiot Hugh and this dunce Frijoles are truly sailing in the same boat of zero math and scientific and logical aptitudes.

Funnily, both the dunces, Hugh and Frijoles, are homos and financially impoverished.

LOL.

Location hidden

#55426 Jun 25, 2013
JOEL wrote:
FRIJOLES & HUGH:
... a phd (sic) in science from some third rate US college ...
Which will net you four times the salary as the same degree from any "university" in South Asia.
JOEL

India

#55427 Jun 25, 2013
HUGH THE IDIOT claimed in a recent post that his god created gravity.

LOL.

Does this idiot know the difference between gravitation and gravity?

Does his Tanakh/NT contain even the slightest reference to gravitation in terms of inverse square law, G, g, variation in g at the poles, equator, center of gravity of the earth, in a mine, atop a mountain and on the moon, curvature of space-time and so on?

The dumb creationist fool is at a loss.

QUESTION:

Will a batch of apples sell for more/less if bought at the equator and sold at the north pole?

LOL.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#55428 Jun 25, 2013
MEETING A TOP RANKING WHITE AMERICAN STUDENT:

As a high schooler at Cathedral in Mumbai, my family had invited a white American expat couple home for dinner. Their son, a student of computer engineering at UCLA who was supposed to shift to Stanford after the vacation, happened to be visiting at that time and he too came over.

While talking , I showed him the high school course work and the study materials in physics for the IIT JEE.

He was a top student all through out his career in high school and was doing well at college as well.

He shook his head on seeing the level of difficulty and could not answer even one question from my high school text and from the IIT JEE file on friction, em, work, energy, power, pulleys, rotational mechanics and the like.

I laughed and put aside the books not wanting to embarass him further.

This white boy was supposed to be a straight A student! Pathetic and expected.

Location hidden

#55429 Jun 25, 2013
JOEL wrote:
MEETING A TOP RANKING WHITE AMERICAN STUDENT:
As a high schooler at Cathedral in Mumbai, my family had invited a white American expat couple home for dinner. Their son, a student of computer engineering at UCLA who was supposed to shift to Stanford after the vacation, happened to be visiting at that time and he too came over.
While talking , I showed him the high school course work and the study materials in physics for the IIT JEE.
He was a top student all through out his career in high school and was doing well at college as well.
He shook his head on seeing the level of difficulty and could not answer even one question from my high school text and from the IIT JEE file on friction, em, work, energy, power, pulleys, rotational mechanics and the like.
I laughed and put aside the books not wanting to embarass him further.
This white boy was supposed to be a straight A student! Pathetic and expected.
Doesn't it just kill you to know that you'll be working for him some day?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buckhorn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do you have VERIZON and you didn't have service... Dec 13 yankeedudell 2
Experience Victorian Christmas tonight at Silve... (Dec '09) Dec 9 billie 4
Dr. Twana Sparks (Dec '09) Dec 9 MSGT Don 49
* the Silver City Daily Press * Dec 9 billie 1
Getting into the spirit of Christmas, a look at... Dec 9 billie 1
Grant Co.---rotten corner of NM (Sep '11) Dec 7 Insect Trust 44
wow! (Sep '13) Sep '13 Ayako Voisin 1
Buckhorn Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web