whatever is cleverf

Mooresville, IN

#42 Mar 18, 2010
I am from Indiana and I sooooo look fordward to coming to Benny's. The food is awsome. I love it and am so glad it is in buckhorn now.
megan

Jackson, KY

#43 Mar 20, 2010
i think everything about there store is fine...ive never heard a complaint before this...u all just need to quit because people i knoe or me go there everyday and weve always been treated right
Sorry but

Pikeville, KY

#44 Mar 20, 2010
stfu wrote:
okay so they are really nice to me.
they never say anything bad about people.
and even if they do. HELLO what are you doing right now. DUH get to real life. and they have great food. and sparks only has cold sandwiches. and i used to go use the tanning bed in the dairy bar, and if you saw where they made their food you would know that, that what iis nasty.and everyone uses curse words so get the fuck over it. and the bank doesnt own anything. i know for a fact benny and culley have worked their whole life. and their store has made a great change to the community. also they might have to go higher on stuff. HAVE YOU NOTICED THAT THERE A SMALL BUSINESS NOT WALMART YOU STUPID INGRATE!!! so please i mean im not in the family but i would love to be in it. you must be jealous so get over it that your a low life and there genius
If you would of stopped before you typed this, I would of been on your side some. Now you get irate and call names, I am leaning more to the other comments. Sometimes we need to learn to keep our cool when making a point. I think calling names bring out how childish a person can be.
who are you

London, KY

#45 Mar 21, 2010
who cares if you are on there side SORRY BUT?we all say what we want on here and that is what STFU wanted to say.why do you or any one feel the need to take sides?and dont you think you fell into the name calling{childish}.look these people are making a living[ABNERS} so why say any thing.they are putting out an effort not to resort to drug dealing.so leave them alone.im evry happy they opened the store in Buckhorn. i love it . i eat there all the time.and so glad to have gas after 5 in the evening.
younome

Hindman, KY

#46 Mar 21, 2010
Don't eat there so late and you won't have gas after 5 in the evening.
poot poot poot
Feb Fork

Lewisport, KY

#47 Mar 21, 2010
chad abner wrote:
this post was pointed out to me by a family member and i was just curious about what was being said because i was never one to spend time on sites such as these when i am at work 100+ hours a week...after reading everything, i am not going to take the low road as so many of you have done and talk about everyone else or complain that we aren't liked or appreciated by 100% of the community, i have never expected to be liked in buckhorn because i learned at a very young age that most of them are against you because they dont want to see anyone else succeed when they can't due to lack of motivation or will power or genuine want to better themselves...so this is me taking the high road, a road that is definitely less traveled on this website
at least one of us (me or cody) are at the register every day from 6 am till 9 pm...if you feel that we are not serving this community and the surrounding area to the best that we possibly can, or if you have a problem with food prices, quality of service, or anything in general, come on down and let us know...if you come down, we wont scorn you or belittle you, we will try to reach a common understanding so that each of us can learn a little
and even if you don't have the mental fortitude to voice those opinions to us and would rather complain about someone over the internet, be my guest because i assure you an abner isn't a fickle breed...we are a people that was built to weather the hard times and possess an insurmountable determination to come out on top every time that we are faced with another obstacle to climb, all of which is done with nothing more than what God has given us when we came into this world...
and me personally, i love it when someone hates on us because it lets me know that they are jealous of what we have done...and if they are jealous, then we must be doing something right...so i am going to keep on being an abner, in about 4 hours i am going to get up for work and do what i have done everyday for over two years...greet everyone that comes in my doors with a smile and ask them if we can help them with anything
I don't know you personally, I was raised up with your uncles, Culley and Bill. I've been around a long time and I know where the Abners come from. They were raised by the hair of the head just like most of us raised around here were. I'm so proud of what they have accomplished and what they have done for the community. On the other hand, I'm in that store quiet often and I've never been greeted with a smile and only on a few occasions has either one of you even spoke to me unless it was concerning a product. I know you all work hard, because like you say, one of you boys are always at the register, but it would do wonders if you all could muster up a lil kindness, maybe an occasional smile, a "How are you today?" My Mamaw always said you get more bees with honey than with vinegar. I want this store to stay around, it's def an asset to the community.
three

Appleton, WI

#48 Mar 22, 2010
I love the store.. I love the way they treat me..I recommend this store to my friends... These people put a lot of hard work into the store day after day countless hours... For that I am grateful.. Thank You!!!!
Sorry but

Jackson, KY

#49 Mar 25, 2010
who are you wrote:
who cares if you are on there side SORRY BUT?we all say what we want on here and that is what STFU wanted to say.why do you or any one feel the need to take sides?and dont you think you fell into the name calling{childish}.look these people are making a living[ABNERS} so why say any thing.they are putting out an effort not to resort to drug dealing.so leave them alone.im evry happy they opened the store in Buckhorn. i love it . i eat there all the time.and so glad to have gas after 5 in the evening.
I don't care what you say or think. I am making a living too. I can say anything just because I can. Try and stop me. I don't recall calling anyone names. I have more class than that. STFU? Wow that sure is grown up of you.
how i do it buddy

Lewisport, KY

#50 Mar 25, 2010
badass wrote:
I really dont understand were you guys are coming from...jealously maybe..IDK. I shop there alot and grant somethings are higher but prices are usually higher in convience store rather than wal-mart. And as far as complaining about prices...Sparks was ur only option b4 them...HELLO!! And for the remark about the language of the ppl working there...I havent heared them say one mean thing to anybody in which it wasn't the truth. I think the Abner's store has been a help to the community..i find it pretty nice to be able to get a gallon of milk or something past 5 and u guys should 2. And i think if you guys are to ppl friendly why dont you open a store... furthermore about the rude language again...its Buckhorn so grow up. Like i said at the front typical jealous grudgeful ppl like you are the only ppl who complain about them. I wonder why noone every gives them credit for giving money to senior citizens, paying for their meals when they stop by, buyin tvs for the adult day care center in hazard, cleaning up garbage from the community........ FACTS ARE FACTS...WAKE Up
And buddy sparks we will stay!jealous over the abners gee-o that's a good'n(best one i've heard all day).If they've bought and payed stuff for the senior citizens,then that's the first time i've heard about it.The only great abners in buckhorn are is jordan abner and jerry abner and his family.just because the abners think they run it all dont mean they run f'n buckhorn,because they dont.
Furthermore

Williston, SC

#51 Mar 30, 2010
how i do it buddy wrote:
<quoted text>
And buddy sparks we will stay!jealous over the abners gee-o that's a good'n(best one i've heard all day).If they've bought and payed stuff for the senior citizens,then that's the first time i've heard about it.The only great abners in buckhorn are is jordan abner and jerry abner and his family.just because the abners think they run it all dont mean they run f'n buckhorn,because they dont.
That post was entirely irrelevant....just because you haven't kept your ears open for goings-on in the community doesn't mean it's not true. Furthermore there are plenty of great Abners in Buckhorn. You may not like some of them, but you shouldn't rule out all of us just because of a warped view you get when you see the name 'Abner'. It's gotten to where it's almost a stereotype in the area. I'm wondering why you think just because a big family shares a last name means that all are rotten to the core (which, as far as I'm concerned my family is full of hard workers and generally decent people whether it's my parent, my aunts and uncles, my first cousins, second cousins, and right on down the line.)
I'm really tired of seeing the "Let's Hate on the Abners" threads. Obviously you and others have been scarred for life by something that happened a couple generations back or you're just talking based from what you've grown up being told or from what you've always heard. My cousin Chad said it best, and his words actually gave me a chill and made the pride in my heritage even stronger than it's always been. No matter how hard I try to fight it I can't help it. I'm an Abner at heart from my determination to my spitfire temper and silver tongue.
Okay now for an anecdote. How would you feel if for instance you grew up in a large family and your last name was, I dunno, Smith. A common name. And everywhere you turned people were saying all these biased and hateful things about you and your loved ones as an entirety just because they had a bad run-in with a Smith once, so now they hate everyone with a smidgen of Smith in them. Now how ridiculous does that sound? Pretty silly, right?
I don't know a single relative of mine that acts like they 'own it all' nor do they act as if they own Buckhorn =/ We've been in this area for generations and we're embedded in the soul of the community that IS Buckhorn. We love our community, this area, and the people around us. You people always say 'The Abners' but I'd like for you to name a single instance, a personal experience with an Abner that justifies this deep-set hatred for us. You never specify who did what and why you feel the way you do.
I've been called a bitch on here a couple of times and I can't help but wonder why on Earth someone would have gotten that impression of me. I'm about the furthest thing there could be from one - unless of course you get on my bad side, but even then I try my best to work it out civilly - so maybe it's because of the stigma that my family name carries. Either way, no matter how hard we try for some reason people will always have something to say. Especially those folks with piles of stones who live in their glass houses.
Now then, as far as this thread goes: It's basic economics people. Cigarettes and pop will be slightly more expensive at a family run community convenience store because they have to turn a profit. The stock delivered to chain stores in 'town' doesn't cost as much to said chains because suppliers don't have to drive across the mountain to get there as they do here. If things were priced as low as they are at Wal-Mart, they would break even or lose money based on how much they pay to stock the store. You're saving money by stopping at the store instead of driving an hour to Hazard to get your cigarettes. In fact, it's a deal for you considering how much time and gas money you'd save. Gonna end it here now. Not much else to say that hasn't been said already =/
HELLOOOO

Neenah, WI

#52 Apr 12, 2010
okay so i think its retarded for people to still be bashing on them they have the best services. and most people around there steal and sell drugs atleast you know your kid will be safe after baseball practice or any kind of practice there.
confused

Booneville, KY

#53 Apr 24, 2010
is this the store they call cody's corner or is it a different one, because they let my spouse have credit there all the time.
wildman

Media, PA

#54 Apr 26, 2010
does anyone in buckhorn know who owns the hillside there where mack and cully sandlin are buried if so post on comments please
I HEARD

Hazard, KY

#55 Apr 28, 2010
i heard the oldest boy was getting married anyone else hear it?
not happy

Williston, SC

#56 Apr 30, 2010
im family and i know allof them really well ive been there early in the mornings and evens when know one is around and the stuff yall hear is nothing it gets worse and they do talk about ppl i know it for a fact and they dont have ur money on the set date it wont be fun the food is great in the first part of the day if we had a closer place i wouldnt shop there i love em but dont have to like them
not happy

Williston, SC

#57 Apr 30, 2010
HELLOOOO wrote:
okay so i think its retarded for people to still be bashing on them they have the best services. and most people around there steal and sell drugs atleast you know your kid will be safe after baseball practice or any kind of practice there.
Yes as a close family i can garentte that any kind of kid there will be as safe as in there mothers woom
29wom

United States

#58 May 3, 2010
Been there a few times myself and get the feeling that they don't care who you are as long as their getting your money they shouldn't talk about their customers they should look in the mirror they aren't perfect but some of the Abner's are nice people I do think its a good place to go if your running low on gas after Sparks is closed
o me o my

Williston, SC

#59 May 3, 2010
just what i think ben's quick stop has alot better food and aint rude as heck and alot cheaper on their stuff
Opinionated

Hazard, KY

#60 May 4, 2010
o me o my wrote:
just what i think ben's quick stop has alot better food and aint rude as heck and alot cheaper on their stuff
They are a lot cheaper because Ben's is nasty. I dont know how Ben's is still in business.
Hello

Waynesburg, KY

#62 Jun 8, 2010
I HAVE A HARD DlCK!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buckhorn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sheriff race 9 hr TEAM LYNCH 42
election time 11 hr VOTER 5
Booneville Valero (Nov '17) 11 hr Ledford 5
thrive 21 hr Freddy 2
Why 23 hr Jim Bean 6
What a coward Sat Wooeww 2
booneville sentinel Sat heard 4

Buckhorn Jobs

Personal Finance

Buckhorn Mortgages