Fugitive captured after 2 months

Fugitive captured after 2 months

There are 75 comments on the Lexington Herald-Leader story from Mar 23, 2006, titled Fugitive captured after 2 months. In it, Lexington Herald-Leader reports that:

After more than two months on the run, suspected drug dealer Eddie Baker Sr. was arrested in Breathitt County yesterday after state police saw him near a neighbor's trailer and chased him into the woods.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lexington Herald-Leader.

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
someone who is concern

Ashburn, VA

#1 May 14, 2006
I think that Drug Unite done EDDIE BAKER wrong when they arrested him beating him up is not what drug unite is for, whether or not you are wrong, doesn't give them the right to do this to anyone.
Russ Patton

United States

#2 Jul 7, 2006
I've known Eddie Baker Sr and Eddie Baker Jr for over twenty years and you wouldnt want to meet two better men. These father and son have donated alot of time and money helping people around Hazard Ky. They would never turn you down for a meal if you were hungry. They helped with kids who had no one else to look out for them they gave money to the poor to help feed and cloth the poor in kentucky. Maybe there should be more people in this world like the Baker family and help people in trouble and help feed the hungry. I know familys that depend on the Bakers for there very survieval. The only help they get is when the Bakers bring food boxes and clothes for the kids and the elderly. I know this would be a better world if there were more people like the Bakers.
relative

Neenah, WI

#3 Mar 16, 2009
i am apart of that baker family, you are giving a crock of shit. They don't care for anyone. all they cared for was to get their drug and make their money. They don't care for anyone or anything.I am a cousin 2 these men.You don't get nothing from them not unless you have money in hand to buy their product. They are the lowest of the baker family. I would not piss on them to put them out, if they were on fire.
ForReals

Morrisville, MO

#4 Mar 16, 2009
someone who is concern wrote:
I think that Drug Unite done EDDIE BAKER wrong when they arrested him beating him up is not what drug unite is for, whether or not you are wrong, doesn't give them the right to do this to anyone.
So what should they use when someone's resisting arrest, harsh language?
Concerned

London, KY

#5 Mar 16, 2009
Uh oh! The popo arrested some-body's dealer!
relative

Lancaster, WI

#6 Mar 17, 2009
Concerned wrote:
Uh oh! The popo arrested some-body's dealer!
who were you saying that too,certainly not me, because I don't need their drugs. I am high off of life and t know that i am better than them. see there is a difference, they didn't work for what the had, they sold drugs to get it. I wor for everything that I have got. The honest way.
Concerned

London, KY

#7 Mar 17, 2009
relative wrote:
<quoted text>
who were you saying that too,certainly not me, because I don't need their drugs. I am high off of life and t know that i am better than them. see there is a difference, they didn't work for what the had, they sold drugs to get it. I wor for everything that I have got. The honest way.
Great! I wish that all people would make an honest living. Even though hard work is often thankless, one can take pride in knowing that they work hard for what they have. My comment was not directed toward you at all. I don't know these people at all. I am not going to come right out and accuse someone that I do not know, of selling drugs. However, in most cases, if a suspected drug dealer is arrested and is honestly innocent, those taking up for them will proclaim their innocence. Instead the two posts before yours commented on the character of these people but not the issue at hand. As do most people who have "dealers" in jail. They often tell us what good people they are because we associate selfless people with honest people. My comment was mostly sarcasm solely directed at those who commented on the good character of these people in an attempt to show them that what should be first and foremost is whether or not they sell drugs to our youth and not how much of their money they give to other people. Sorry for the confusion!
toppler

Macon, GA

#8 Mar 18, 2009
A drug dealer is a drug dealer and a piece of shiet. I don't care if the go house to house handing out free food & $100.00 bills. They are still low life drug dealing pieces of shiet and need a good beat down everytime they are caught. For every one or two they help in the neighborhood, they are dealing to hundreds drugs and detroying lives. Drug dealers are a cancer on society.
relative

Williston, SC

#9 Mar 19, 2009
toppler wrote:
A drug dealer is a drug dealer and a piece of shiet. I don't care if the go house to house handing out free food & $100.00 bills. They are still low life drug dealing pieces of shiet and need a good beat down everytime they are caught. For every one or two they help in the neighborhood, they are dealing to hundreds drugs and detroying lives. Drug dealers are a cancer on society.
You can say that again. That is why so many children and teenagers are on drugs, because of people like those two.In my opinion, we don't have a chance in hell, because the young people are our future.
Refer Head

London, KY

#11 Apr 21, 2009
u guys are all retarded if a drug dealer helps out the community...then they should give him a licenses to sell the shit. LEGALIZE THE SHIT SPOOKS
ForReals

London, KY

#12 Apr 21, 2009
Refer Head wrote:
u guys are all retarded if a drug dealer helps out the community...then they should give him a licenses to sell the shit. LEGALIZE THE SHIT SPOOKS
Of course you meant "reefer head". "Refer head" is kind of funny but it doesn't makes sense.
Food 4 thought

Cincinnati, OH

#13 Apr 22, 2009
People don't have to becaome drug dealers, it's a choice they make. This man has an extensive record from what I can remember. Think about this... he was not arrested immediately so he was never touched by ANY UNITE officer when they did the raid on his property. DUH! He chose to run from law enforcement & hide out. Didn't he turn himself into local or state officials days after that raid? He was NEVER beaten by UNITE officers. There was a chase, but nobody was injured including the CRIMINAL. I read in the papers that UNITE officials did manage to find MANY stolen items belonging to local REPUTABLE organizations. Among that raid they also took 20 or thirty thousand dollars in cash...not sure of the exact amount. I don't know about you, but I keep that much cash in my vehicle on a daily basis, too...NOT! How is this man a good, productive citizen? Family or not, only a fool could defend him. They stood trial & the outcome was not in their favor so now they need to serve their time in the hokey pokey. GOD BLESS ALL OF THOSE OFFICERS FOR ALL THAT THEY HAVE DONE!
that_one_bitch

Crossett, AR

#14 Apr 22, 2009
ohh yhea like u know your the f*c*i*g..mr news reporter u just a narking lil fool
I think I remember her

Cincinnati, OH

#15 Apr 22, 2009
that_one_bitch wrote:
ohh yhea like u know your the f*c*i*g..mr news reporter u just a narking lil fool
Wow! I'm impressed with that comment. LOL
relative

Lancaster, WI

#16 Apr 24, 2009
Food 4 thought wrote:
People don't have to becaome drug dealers, it's a choice they make. This man has an extensive record from what I can remember. Think about this... he was not arrested immediately so he was never touched by ANY UNITE officer when they did the raid on his property. DUH! He chose to run from law enforcement & hide out. Didn't he turn himself into local or state officials days after that raid? He was NEVER beaten by UNITE officers. There was a chase, but nobody was injured including the CRIMINAL. I read in the papers that UNITE officials did manage to find MANY stolen items belonging to local REPUTABLE organizations. Among that raid they also took 20 or thirty thousand dollars in cash...not sure of the exact amount. I don't know about you, but I keep that much cash in my vehicle on a daily basis, too...NOT! How is this man a good, productive citizen? Family or not, only a fool could defend him. They stood trial & the outcome was not in their favor so now they need to serve their time in the hokey pokey. GOD BLESS ALL OF THOSE OFFICERS FOR ALL THAT THEY HAVE DONE!
ike I sad before, I am a cousin to these two men Eddie Sr. and Jr.they deserved everything that has been handed to them, they were on the side that I didn't claim.I can't stand drug dealers or the people that take up for them. Maybe those kind o people nee to be in the cell right beside of them.

Since: Apr 09

Harzard,kentucky

#17 Apr 24, 2009
relative wrote:
<quoted text>ike I sad before, I am a cousin to these two men Eddie Sr. and Jr.they deserved everything that has been handed to them, they were on the side that I didn't claim.I can't stand drug dealers or the people that take up for them. Maybe those kind o people nee to be in the cell right beside of them.
good post
Concerned

Campbellsville, KY

#18 Apr 24, 2009
relative wrote:
<quoted text>ike I sad before, I am a cousin to these two men Eddie Sr. and Jr.they deserved everything that has been handed to them, they were on the side that I didn't claim.I can't stand drug dealers or the people that take up for them. Maybe those kind o people nee to be in the cell right beside of them.
I agree
Well Said

Jackson, KY

#19 Apr 25, 2009
relative wrote:
good post
I Remember

Deposit, NY

#20 Apr 25, 2009
relative wrote:
I don't rember all the specifics of what exactly was found but what you said is pretty much what I remember too. He was on the news every night, not just a story about him but him personaly and done interveiws witht he local papers talking bout how he could plainly see the law looking for him. The news showed how they had a road check at the end of his holler searching every vehical that came in and out of that area. If no one believes this go to the libray where they keep the back issues of the local papers and read what all was printed about the case. There is no denying that. If I remember corectly this isn't the 1st time these 2 were caught for dealing. Didn't the son get caught no long after he got out of high school? Ain't it funny how people think they can deny the truth? I don't know them personaly and I'm glad I don't. Drug dealers deserve everything they get.
abc

Lancaster, WI

#21 Apr 25, 2009
i agree

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Buckhorn Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bp girl 1 hr Haha 1
People who put everything on FB 6 hr Hdsuilkb 16
Mayes / Wilson 7 hr Tabs Family 2
American Hollow Documentary (Dec '08) Mon Sun shine 139
Barking Dogs!! Sun Ledford Dean 7
Sign petition against Perry Central recruits Jan 30 Signed 1
joy turner & brenda daniles (Mar '14) Jan 30 ezid101 5

Buckhorn Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance