Evington, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

Just curious as to where did everybody put their morals and values? I can't believe the things I've heard this week about people cheating on their spouses. What has happened to commitments? Why are people so low that they want someone that is in a commitment with someone? Whatever happened to being together til death do you part? I think this could be a major part of the problems in our society.
VTTTH

Evington, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

I have always been shown what a relationship should be through growing up. I believe that has a lot to do with it.
reed

Evington, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Nothing is sacred anymore. Our country has lost all their morals and values.
Lena

Evington, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

I agree its not easy making a relationship work its easier to get out if its not easy its o9312ver
Lena

Evington, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Too many people think they have to have everything their way selfish and if they cant have their way they move on
KitKat

Herndon, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Society and the worlds view on entertainment has shifted what is morally acceptable.

We dont live in the same world that was here 50yrs go...times change, people change, and it doesnt seem to be for the better.

This site is a perfect example of todays moral decay...yes i read it...only to remind me of what idiots i live around...
reed

Evington, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

A lot of people believe that the cheaters insecurities are to blame. I believe that you are the only one that can fix your insecurities. People can't do it for you. Neither can a fling. Have you ever notice when people cheat they downgrade. What's up with that?
reed

Evington, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Its almost like they feel they aren't worthy of good people or good healthy relationships. I think you have nothing to offer another person unless you feel good about yourself. It is true you have to love yourself.
not sure

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

I think it may have something to do with the example you see growing up. My mom and dad were never divorced, and stayed together to death do us part. My brother, sister, and I have all been married only once, and are still all married.

My husbands parents were married one 3 times and one 4. His brother and sister are both divorced, and he throws that word around in every argument we have (i.e. if you're not happy then just leave and mail me the divorce papers), no matter whether they're big or small disagreements.

I think if its acceptable, or the normal when you're growing up you find it more acceptable when you're an adult. I know for me divorce would be humiliating, and I would be ashamed to even have to tell my family. For him it would be a big kegger.
1 post removed
For Petesakes

Buckhannon, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Judged:

FINALLY PEOPLE THAT MAKE SENSE. Morals and values are a thing of the past. But, then again, so is God. I know people don't like to hear there is a God but for me it's so true. Who do we commit to besides one another when we marry,who gave us life, yes,mothers give birth and fathers give seed, but God gives life.
But that's not what I'm hear to debate. Your choices and beliefs are yours. When direction, dis-cipline, and respect for ourselves and others were taken out of schools and away from parents,and the wild life became more exciting, than values, morals, responsibilities and character went too.
Now, there's only a few that believe in living right, and standing for what's right, and living it because it's not as easy as just giving in and living the wild life. Until you get caught that is or pregnant or addicted or diseased. Those are the rewards we receive from not having morals and values. that's when we or I cried out to God, when the fun was gone and it was the only choice I had.
it's not easy to make a come back , but with God or a Higher Power on you side, you CAN overcome ALL OBSTACLES and have a life worth living. People have to get back to basics, inside, not blaming everyone and everything else and be responsible for themselves, be the kind of person they want others to be and not be afraid of messing up because giving ourselves a second chance, repairing the damage we've done, to ourselves as will as others, making decisions and goals be something we can succeed at, letting our yes be yes and no be no, and I'm sorry said because ya really mean it. And sharing with others, watching others to get ideas and realize my life isn't as bad as it seems and I CAN MAKE IT I CAN CHANGE. And instead of playing God, let Him do the work and believe and see the miracles He's preformed in your life. GOOD LUCK AND GOD BLESS YOU ALL.
Squirt

Elkins, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 13, 2012

Why judge those who you know nothing about? Probably because you have A) too much time on your hands B) You are miserable in your own life so choose to target others C) All of the above Why not use your spare time and do something good...Get off your arse and volunteer or take pride in your work...help a neighbor. Should make you feel a hell of alot better than worrying about what everyone else is doing all the darn time.
For Petesakes

Buckhannon, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

Squirt wrote:
Why judge those who you know nothing about? Probably because you have A) too much time on your hands B) You are miserable in your own life so choose to target others C) All of the above Why not use your spare time and do something good...Get off your arse and volunteer or take pride in your work...help a neighbor. Should make you feel a hell of alot better than worrying about what everyone else is doing all the darn time.
I don't really see when anyone is judging others, I'm mostly talking about myself, what I use to be like what happened, and what I'm like now. Just trying to give some hope in light of this miserable world.
After the events of this day, I pray for all who have lost there way, all that have no hope and especially that all that think they have no choices. GOD BLESS YOU ALL AND BE SAFE.
Trololololol

Elkins, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 14, 2012

A lot of it has to do with drugs. Women want to sleep with anyone who has the biggest sack of meth or pills.

What man wants to be faithful to a woman like that?
1 post removed
For Petesakes

Buckhannon, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Trololololol wrote:
A lot of it has to do with drugs. Women want to sleep with anyone who has the biggest sack of meth or pills.
What man wants to be faithful to a woman like that?
What it has to do with is no morals, no values, no character, no respect and no commitment to self let alone someone else, no HOPE. This was me for many years. Men/women, doesn't make a difference.
When I learned that this world didn't revolve around me, that I wasn't first rate a#one. Lossing everything that meant anything to me, then I had no place to look other than inside myself. When my attitude, abilities, and actions started to change that's when I found hope. But it had to begin with me and noone could do it for me, beat it into me, or force issues on me. It's pretty lonely where I am but my life is a lot better.
watsamattau

Pontotoc, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Could be that the reason that there is so much killing like we have had in the last year is our own fault.When RoeVWade was passed we as much as said that life has no value.There has been over 60 million unborn babies killed so far ,and still counting.Lets place value back to human life and repeal RoeVWade.
Meowmix

Clarksburg, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 31, 2012

Morals and values have change the world. Some call it revolutionizing I call it an epic fail. Personally I couldn't cheat on my man because I've been cheated on and it feels horrible.

Level 5

Since: May 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 1, 2013

maybe the new year will straighten people up
http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 17 of17
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

7 Users are viewing the Buckhannon Forum right now

Search the Buckhannon Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 25 min George 51,538
Who is jake powers (Oct '12) 48 min JACOB POWERS 22
Kaleb Loudin 3 hr someone 37
liars&thiefs (camden peck) (Jun '13) 4 hr someone 12
Greg Duke (Apr '12) 5 hr Dong2000 26
shawnee dRIVE 11 hr random stranger 1
brandi stackpole&travis wesley(reed) 16 hr so I hear... 4
•••
•••
•••
•••

Buckhannon Jobs

•••